You're right, women have it easier. Now what?

For those who find dating difficult, I hate to tell you that marriage isn't going to be any easier :laugh:

Like dating, it's enjoyable for some, painful for others, and those who struggle tend to blame the opposite sex.

It's the next glass ceiling. The cyclical nature of relationships may prove to be another growing curve that one will have problems with. But as I said at the beginning.....in fact, I'll let Mr Hulse

. (relevant bit is at 1:45)
  • Like 1
For those who find dating difficult, I hate to tell you that marriage isn't going to be any easier :laugh:

Like dating, it's enjoyable for some, painful for others, and those who struggle tend to blame the opposite sex.

Despite the fact that I got suddenly dumped, I felt that it was really easy to be in a relationship.

Since we both had mellow easy going personalities and liked the same things, conflicts were very few and easily resolved. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that I got dumped without getting into a single argument with my ex. Though I don't even know what we could have fought about.

Actually getting a date seems to be so much harder

Despite the fact that I got suddenly dumped, I felt that it was really easy to be in a relationship.

Since we both had mellow easy going personalities and liked the same things, conflicts were very few and easily resolved. Honestly I was a bit disappointed that I got dumped without getting into a single argument with my ex. Though I don't even know what we could have fought about.

Actually getting a date seems to be so much harder

And....she left.

Sort of proves my point, no?

Keeping a relationship satisfying takes far more skill than attracting a new partner.

• Like 6
And....she left.

Sort of proves my point, no?

Keeping a relationship satisfying takes far more skill than attracting a new partner.

If I was a bad boyfriend or she was unhappy with me, there is no way she would have stayed as long as she did.

From what I understand the vast majority of relationships fall apart around the six month mark.

To last that long with my first GF is something that I take as an accomplishment.

If I was a bad boyfriend or she was unhappy with me, there is no way she would have stayed as long as she did.

From what I understand the vast majority of relationships fall apart around the six month mark.

To last that long with my first GF is something that I take as an accomplishment.

Not bad boyfriend. Just not satisfying enough of a relationship to want to continue it.

And yes, most aren't.

• Author
Lernaean_Hydra

Not bad boyfriend. Just not satisfying enough of a relationship to want to continue it.

And yes, most aren't.

IMO, a relationship doesn't start to take real "work" until you're years in. Frankly, if you're having to put in a ton of "work" so early on it doesn't bode well.

• Like 1
IMO, a relationship doesn't start to take real "work" until you're years in. Frankly, if you're having to put in a ton of "work" so early on it doesn't bode well.

Yeah OK, that makes sense. Though I do see threads all the time here about people who have been dating less than a year and who fight all the time and have their ups and downs.

And no, my relationship didn't require any work. It was all play.

I wonder what the odds are of people who go on a first date turning into a relationship that lasts at least six months.

I'm assuming that it's very rare for people to go on a third date.

Rejected Rosebud

I wonder what the odds are of people who go on a first date turning into a relationship that lasts at least six months.

It's not that rare, most of us have been in relationships. They took more than 3 dates to form.

JuneJulySeptember
Yeah OK, that makes sense. Though I do see threads all the time here about people who have been dating less than a year and who fight all the time and have their ups and downs.

And no, my relationship didn't require any work. It was all play.

They are both hard work, dude. But it is a different type of thing.

For me, I can always look fondly at my relationships, whether they worked out or not, and none of them ended in disaster. I am still on friendly terms with all of them and super friendly terms with two.

OTOH, I do not look back fondly on my attempts to attract women.

It depends, ya know. I used to fight with one GF a lot, and second, none at all.

Real interesting to note that on a thread about 'women having it easier', some of the very men who are crying buckets of tears about that supposed fact are also the ones bashing women the most.

I'd say that the very reason life could possibly be harder for women would be because we have to listen to and deal with this sort of bull****. But then again, it's avoidable with a good filter and a hefty ignore list. :laugh:

Whoops, guess we're back to being equal. Carry on....

• Like 2
It's not that rare, most of us have been in relationships. They took more than 3 dates to form.

How many of your first dates turned into relationships that lasted at least six months?

JuneJulySeptember
How many of your first dates turned into relationships that lasted at least six months?

I think Rosebud is a woman.

For me, it was about 3 out of ~20-25 first dates or so. Lifetime.

Some of those 'dates' might not even have been dates in the woman's eyes. But once I was in (kiss), it turned into a relationship (6 months +) every time.

Of course, many more rejections to get those first dates as you know. ;)

All the relationships people have had that lasted more than 6 months.

every relationship starts somewhere.... with a date usually.

• Like 2
I think Rosebud is a woman.

For me, it was about 3 out of ~20-25 first dates or so. Lifetime.

Some of those 'dates' might not even have been dates in the woman's eyes. But once I was in (kiss), it turned into a relationship (6 months +) every time.

Of course, many more rejections to get those first dates as you know. ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Rosebud is a woman as well.

Three out of about 25 is pretty low odds of a first date turning into a relationship lasting at least six months.

All the relationships people have had that lasted more than 6 months.

every relationship starts somewhere.... with a date usually.

Was my question really that hard to understand?

I'm sure you've been on a ton of first dates. Of those, how many turned into a relationship lasting at least six months?

For me, 4 of them turned into a relationship. Ranging from 1 month to 10 months.

Been on 8 first dates so it's aout 50/50 odds for me.

9 lifetime first dates led to 6 exclusive relationships. Except for a 9-month reprieve during my senior year in college - the one time in my life when I felt like a normal human being when it came to dating - it was very very difficult getting that first date.