You're right, women have it easier. Now what?

• Author
Lernaean_Hydra
There are some women who only seem to want men who want just sex. A former FWB had plenty of men who even she admits were very good looking looking to be with her but she was obsessed with me who only wanted her as a FWB. There are some who seem to have want what you can't have syndrome.

Well yeah ok but was that because you were just so damn fine or because she couldn't have you?

Because I can tell you, there are a lot of players out there with many girls in their bullpens and not all of these men are beautiful Sun Gods...

Well yeah ok but was that because you were just so damn fine or because she couldn't have you?

Because I can tell you, there are a lot of players out there with many girls in their bullpens and not all of these men are beautiful Sun Gods...

I think I am a good looking enough man but is because she couldn't have me. It is a very common thing.

• Like 1

I too, am curious what a man's idea of a "regular guy" or "average guy" is, and what a regular girl or average girl is.

Cause I likely haven't a clue anymore, lol.

How is he sure they dont see her as a piece of azz?

Maybe he knows these guys? I know plenty myself. I write about what I know on here.

Even as a strictly hypothetical - you totally miss the point.

No one is bashing less attractive dudes. We are simply pointing out that being a regular dude doesnt mean hes endowed with pure intentions by default.

He didn't say every regular dude, he said regular dudes that didn't view her as a piece of azz. Again, as a hypothetical - it shows how many women shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly.

• Like 1
Geez. He said "regular guy". Not "wonderful". He also pointed out regular guys that didn't see her as just another piece of azz.

Look, you don't have to date these guys, and you don't even have to like them as people, but you don't have to bash them either.

If you just look down the topic titles under In Search Of, I think you'll find a whole lot more - "bashing" is too harsh a term -- whining about women than you will find topics starting right off saying something's wrong with me. It's just "Why do women this" and "Why do women that".

Any bashing within the threads is definitely provoked, anyway, and I personally have seen the same couple of guys do more bashing than any woman has done here.

The complaining about not getting a woman is just an ongoing thing here, and then no one wants to hear the answer, so it's a bit of a gender war, but we all need to recognize that our little group here isn't necessarily representative of the population as a whole, and I think most of us do.

• Like 1
I too, am curious what a man's idea of a "regular guy" or "average guy" is, and what a regular girl or average girl is.

A regular guy is the guy pulling tail left and right and womanizing all around town. Stay away from them. You need to go for the smooth handsome GQ model that can't find a date and if he ever did he would treat her like a golden princess.

However, your best bet is to go down to the prison yard and pick up some roughneck that will never lay a finger on you and is guaranteed to live the life of a model citizen for fear of losing your affections.

:lmao:

• Like 2
There are some who seem to have want what you can't have syndrome.

Yes, and a lot of them are male and right here on this thread. But yes, there are women too.

• Like 5

Not to disrupt the convo, but it was a sub-topic earlier. RL situation that didn't make Buzzfeed (Clia's post).

A co-worker of mine recanted a story recently of a business trip she was on with a colleague. They were chatting when a man in his 40's approached them and asked to join the conversation. They told him no and he went away for a bit. Later he came back and started talking in my co-worker's ear.....telling her she was rude, ugly and fat.

Both my co-worker and her colleague are married....should they have given the guy a chance? Did they deserve the treatment they got when traveling on business? It does happen, security put him out of the establishment they were at.

In today's society, and with divorce being rampant, I doubt the well is ever going to "dry up" for women or men in any age bracket.

It may not "dry up" but there will be less water, and the water will be lower quality.

• Like 1
This is dead on. It's becoming abundantly clear that the men who say they want women to apporach more feel that somehow, initial interactions are their only impediment. If you're approaching women and they're not interested, they will be no more interested if the tables were turned.

In fact, I believe if women approaching became the standard, even fewer men would have success in dating. Women would likely wish to be nearly certain of mutual interest given that we know a large percentage of men will say yes to a woman out of politeness and with the hope of getting sex at the very least. There's a bit more security against that when the man approaches. In general, men don't approach just to be polite.

And even fewer women would have success in dating too. You seem to forget that if no approach is made.. nothing happens on either end. Not just the man's end.

It may not "dry up" but there will be less water, and the water will be lower quality.

I disagree with the "lower quality" remark.

A quality women will always attract a quality man. After the blush of youth has passed, all she loses are the noise of men only attracted for her youth.

• Like 5

Lol yes. I need pictures and diagrams please!

• Like 1
I disagree with the "lower quality" remark.

A quality women will always attract a quality man. After the blush of youth has passed, all she loses are the noise of men only attracted for her youth.

But if a quality man has the choice between an older, aging, menopausal "quality woman" and a much younger, prettier woman who is also "quality" why would he pick the older one?

Maybe he knows these guys? I know plenty myself. I write about what I know on here.

Even as a strictly hypothetical - you totally miss the point.

He didn't say every regular dude, he said regular dudes that didn't view her as a piece of azz. Again, as a hypothetical - it shows how many women shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly.

Talk hypothetical all day, but in real life a lot of guys are after some azz regardless of what they look like.

Shooting themselves how? By realizing they wont automatically be treated like a goddess because the man is regular? By viewing men as individuals and not assuming theyll treat her a certain way because of how he looks?

Maybe hes in their heads and can say 100% sure they are not after some azz.

• Like 1

Sweetie, the problem with a confident woman is when a man needs to put her in her place. As my dad raised me, a good woman should be respected.

If anything dries up, you may need to check your technique.

• Like 1
  • Author
Lernaean_Hydra
And even fewer women would have success in dating too. You seem to forget that if no approach is made.. nothing happens on either end. Not just the man's end.

Obviously if no approach is made no one dates but what exactly does that do? Is that supposed to be some sort of punishment for women?

Sweetie, the problem with a confident woman is when a man needs to put her in her place. As my dad raised me, a good woman should be respected.

If anything dries up, you may need to check your technique.

Are we talking about real life here or just some nonsense your dad said?

Because that makes no sense at all. :laugh:

Obviously if no approach is made no one dates but what exactly does that do? Is that supposed to be some sort of punishment for women?

Both sides lose is what I'm saying.

And one could also say that men don't get enough credit for their role in reproduction since if men didn't pursue women, nothing would happen 99% of the time and the human race would just die off.

But if a quality man has the choice between an older, aging, menopausal "quality woman" and a much younger, prettier woman who is also "quality" why would he pick the older one?

He wouldn't be a "quality man" if he automatically goes for the younger woman, and seems incapable of appreciating a woman his own age.

I'm not going to bash younger women - I'm sure that a number of them are "quality" women.

• Like 1
Both sides lose is what I'm saying.

And one could also say that men don't get enough credit for their role in reproduction since if men didn't pursue women, nothing would happen 99% of the time and the human race would just die off.

I don't lose, if a man who sees no value in me, doesn't approach me.

• Like 3
  • Author
Lernaean_Hydra

This may come as a surprise but some men actually have a taste for women in their age bracket. Not every 45+ year old is chasing after youth. I've known several guys in their 30s and 40s who are good-looking, established, etc who almost exclusively date/seek "older" women. Reasons like not wanting drama, kids or underdeveloped personalities are commonly cited.

This dire warning to women about how no one's going to want them when they're saggy old crones or some such has always smacked of wishful thinking to me. Like it's comforting to imagine that all those women rejecting guys now will die alone in their old age (which is 40, mind you) because no one will want them past the usefulness of their ovaries.

Sure, yes a large percentage of men find much younger women attractive but not all of them can get them and not all of them want to get with them long term.

Also, what defines a man as "quality" is not always just the size of his bank account and beyond that, what would a significantly younger woman see in a man twice her age to make her even consider him?

• Like 2
He wouldn't be a "quality man" if he automatically goes for the younger woman, and seems incapable of appreciating a woman his own age.

I'm not going to bash younger women - I'm sure that a number of them are "quality" women.

He is only a "quality" man if he will lower his standards and date a less attractive older woman?

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Try again. :laugh: