Are you a feminist?

I keep on getting questioned about whether or not I "know" what Feminism is about...

I keep on reading responses where people say 'Feminism is about "equality"'

What I think a lot of Feminist and other people who follow certain ideals get wrapped up in is the fancy "words" that are used to disguise another purpose.

If you use the words "progressive" it gets people's attention. If you say "old fashioned" it turns them off.

Feminism has a lot of fancy words, but when you take the time to realize what it's all about and what it is causing, those fancy words are just words.

Rejected Rosebud

I think that the ultimate goal of Feminism is to destroy the family unit.

It's really not, though.

So, that's what we have now a days - dysfunctional "families" cuz parents are so self-absorbed and give it a generation or so and we will have a collapse of society.

Why do you attribute self absorption to feminism though? I'm sorry but I can't see it.

Keeping half the population repressed is not really in the best interests of children. There are other ways that society can support children than that.

• Like 1
It's really not, though.

Why do you attribute self absorption to feminism though? I'm sorry but I can't see it.

Keeping half the population repressed is not really in the best interests of children. There are other ways that society can support children than that.

Ok, the term "repression" keeps on coming up. How are women and girls "repressed" here in the US - especially compared to women and children in some Middle Eastern countries?

• Like 1
Rejected Rosebud
Ok, the term "repression" keeps on coming up. How are women and girls "repressed" here in the US - especially compared to women and children in some Middle Eastern countries?

I don't think that women and girls are repressed here in the US. Thank you feminism!

• Like 2
I don't think that women and girls are repressed here in the US. Thank you feminism!

Oh, so right now Feminism is in remission - just keeping it's eye on the evil patriarchy - just in case it rises again?

Not according to the self-appointed leader of the Amazon women - Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton Calls for a Women's Movement' in 2014 and Beyond

thefooloftheyear
Oh, so right now Feminism is in remission - just keeping it's eye on the evil patriarchy - just in case it rises again?

Not according to the self-appointed leader of the Amazon women - Hillary Clinton

She didnt have the balls to throw her husband out when he was fcking everything with a pussy....Yep.,..what a strong woman..:rolleyes:

TFY

• Like 2
No. I HATE feminism with a passion. I like it killed chivalry and I think that if feminism never existed I would be able to easily be a wife and mother.

I don't mean to play both side of the field, but how? You can still be wife and mother. Who gives a fu*k what other women or feminist think.

• Like 1
Wow. I really think you need to research feminism more.

I think she knows exactly what she's talking about.

A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women.

So they say. :rolleyes: Let's ignore everything they preach and everything going on around us and just stick to the 1960's definition.

I think she knows exactly what she's talking about.

No. She's actually the one playing both sides of the field. On the one hand she says she supports basic equalities for women, education, etc. On the other she says that women who are mothers should be stay-at-home moms or they are destroying the family unit. That is not choice, it's not equality, it's judgmental and assuming and thoughtless, and it's really insulting. Anyone who thinks this way does not support the rights of women. And honestly, it's frustrating to read this trope that I've seen throughout this thread, suggesting that it's somehow feminists who are anti-mom. I have ONLY had the experience of anti-feminists being anti-mom, in the exact above way. It's frankly a big fat lie, and I'm calling it out as one.

• Like 6
Rejected Rosebud

??? I don't understand your point. I said that women and girls in the USA are not repressed by society in general. Nobody here is talking about "evil patriarchy."

Maybe she thinks that it's going to take a little more Women's Movement to get the first woman into the Presidency. Sounds sensible. That's an uphill battle.

??? I don't understand your point. I said that women and girls in the USA are not repressed by society in general. Nobody here is talking about "evil patriarchy."

Maybe she thinks that it's going to take a little more Women's Movement to get the first woman into the Presidency. Sounds sensible. That's an uphill battle.

All of this talk of "evil patriarchy" is just anti-feminist propaganda. Tiresome but apparently inevitable.

I feel like this thread really highlights all the reasons why feminism is still vital.

• Like 1
No. She's actually the one playing both sides of the field. On the one hand she says she supports basic equalities for women, education, etc. On the other she says that women who are mothers should be stay-at-home moms or they are destroying the family unit. That is not choice, it's not equality, it's judgmental and assuming and thoughtless, and it's really insulting. Anyone who thinks this way does not support the rights of women. And honestly, it's frustrating to read this trope that I've seen throughout this thread, suggesting that it's somehow feminists who are anti-mom. I have ONLY had the experience of anti-feminists being anti-mom, in the exact above way. It's frankly a big fat lie, and I'm calling it out as one.

It doesn't matter whether or not it was set out to destroy the family unit. That is the result. You have be able to look around you, not just yourself and say "hey I'm a feminist, my family's fine"

• Like 2
It doesn't matter whether or not it was set out to destroy the family unit. That is the result. You have be able to look around you, not just yourself and say "hey I'm a feminist, my family's fine"

Oh, I do. And I still say so.

I think it's the people who are purposefully standing on a soapbox to send out their personal message, rather than actually looking at the human beings they know, who are naive here. I know a lot of women who are working moms and have successful, happy families. One can endlessly rant and rave about the fall of western civilization, because it's fun, but upon close scrutiny it doesn't stand up. It's sheer nonsense and propaganda, from beginning to end.

• Like 3
All of this talk of "evil patriarchy" is just anti-feminist propaganda. Tiresome but apparently inevitable.

I feel like this thread really highlights all the reasons why feminism is still vital.

I've heard it from feminist myself. Jessica Avante, that big red bitch and countless nobody bloggers.

I've heard it from feminist myself. Jessica Avante, that big red bitch and countless nobody bloggers.

I see. So what you're saying is that what matters in any movement are the extremists, not the human beings who actually live and work and exist in it.

Then you prove my point. I actually know many, many women with happy, stable families, who are also working mothers. You have be able to look around you.

• Like 1

In my mind feminism is all about women being free to CHOOSE how they will live their lives, but I don't see that in every day life - and I am talking purely about western countries, please do not compare feminism in western countries with feminism in eastern countries. In every day life I see women feeling obligated to do EVERYTHING (old and new obligations) while men can keep only their old obligations. (I know there are some men who want to help in the house or with the kids, but this is really in primary stages, at least in my country, so it's the exception and not the rule.) That's why I talked about feminism being the invention of a really smart man.

• Like 2
Feminism supports the equality of both genders, those who reject genders, sexual orientations, etc.

Wouldn't that be "egalitarianism"? :confused:

• Like 1
She didnt have the balls to throw her husband out when he was fcking everything with a pussy....Yep.,..what a strong woman..:rolleyes:

TFY

In my eyes it takes a strong person to put their ambitions and higher aspirations ahead of powerful emotions.

Hillary and Bill are pragmatists and opportunists. Their union is one of mutual political ambition. It's strategic, and I'd wager they're both fully aware of exactly what the other is ultimately after - power.

She has run for the highest office, headed a global superpower's foreign relations, met and parlayed with the world's most powerful people and stood steadfastly behind numerous national and international social, political and economic movements.

Bill allowed his primal cravings to nearly cost him his job. While certainly not a weak man, he succumbed to his baser desires and in doing so sacrificed all he had worked to achieve.

Allowing emotional state - an impermanent response to stimuli - to trump reasoned long-term goals is the hallmark of weakness. The less powerful an emotion is at swaying a person, the weaker their character.

• Like 3

You guys are wasting your time trying to debate feminist. It's like religious fanatics when they're shown countless holes in their holy book, they just ignore it.

Rejected Rosebud
In every day life I see women feeling obligated to do EVERYTHING (old and new obligations) while men can keep only their old obligations.

It's up to the individual to choose how to deal with the options available to her. I don't agree that we can really "have it all." There is not enough time or energy for a normal person to do it. But we can choose what to have and what to pass on.

Pre feminism, society did not really offer women choices. She'd have to be a trail blazer or an outlier to choose a non traditional role. Now our little girls can decide to be a pilot or to build a traditional nuclear family, or to never have kids or marry. That's not harming our society.

• Like 1
I see. So what you're saying is that what matters in any movement are the extremists, not the human beings who actually live and work and exist in it.

Then you prove my point. I actually know many, many women with happy, stable families, who are also working mothers. You have be able to look around you.

Who are the good feminist who aren't radicals? I need to know because it seems like whenever it's convenient for you, you say "oh well those are the bad ones"

I didn't prove your point at all. All you did was take a look at your neighbors. Have you ever set foot in ghetto or a working class area?

Who are the good feminist who aren't radicals? I need to know because it seems like whenever it's convenient for you, you say "oh well those are the bad ones"

I didn't prove your point at all. All you did was take a look at your neighbors. Have you ever set foot in ghetto or a working class area?

Are you honestly trying to assert that feminism is the reason for broken families in a ghetto or working class area? How does that even compute? Poverty might have something to do with it. Is that due to feminism? Does that make any kind of sense?

I'm arguing the rational viewpoint, informed by history and social research. To me, this rabid anti-feminism is what smacks of religious fanaticism.

And as for your first comment - ha. If you choose to cherry-pick an extremist to support your views, I find it super-ironic that you would then accuse me of cherry-picking by pointing that out. Talk about convenient.

And the good feminists who aren't radicals? Those everyday people I just mentioned. Not the wildly controversial bloggers beloved of MRAs. Just people. Who are also feminists. And normal and don't hate men. Look around you.

• Like 4
Rejected Rosebud

Well, I am one … there are a few of us right here on this thread who are feminists and not radical.

Feminism is not responsible for what you're seeing with the decay of families, truly, it isn't. Keeping women in the home making babies and standing in the way of different goals and dreams is not good for anybody. Keeping people down is not good.

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
In my eyes it takes a strong person to put their ambitions and higher aspirations ahead of powerful emotions.

Hillary and Bill are pragmatists and opportunists. Their union is one of mutual political ambition. It's strategic, and I'd wager they're both fully aware of exactly what the other is ultimately after - power.

She has run for the highest office, headed a global superpower's foreign relations, met and parlayed with the world's most powerful people and stood steadfastly behind numerous national and international social, political and economic movements.

Bill allowed his primal cravings to nearly cost him his job. While certainly not a weak man, he succumbed to his baser desires and in doing so sacrificed all he had worked to achieve.

Allowing emotional state - an impermanent response to stimuli - to trump reasoned long-term goals is the hallmark of weakness. The less powerful an emotion is at swaying a person, the weaker their character.

Wrong,,,,

Allowing yourself to be publicly humiliated to the highest degree is NOT strong....or pragmatic...

He has the pimp hand here.....she is the dope, the doormat and is allowing exactly that which pains women more than anything else..infidelity

She could have held all of the positions you mentioned if she tossed him out...Or are you saying all of what she is rides on his coattails./??

TFY

• Like 2