She left me - out of the blue

Hi ralfgarnet, my heart goes out to you, hopefully your friend, richiebouy, is in a happier place. This must be so difficult for you, to have such a bond, it is so obvious in your posts. But - the big but, you must take a step forward, try not to become despondent. My thoughts are with you, and your situation, as you are here, now, and have a future!

Please remember this,

Kae, x

Edited by keenandeager
  • Like 1
devilish innocent

This is really depressing. I've been picking threads to read through on loveshack at random. I chose this one and read through it having no idea it would end like this.

Something similar just happened to a classmate of mine. She thought she had a good marriage, but her husband left her out of the blue without telling her why. A few months later, just before the new year, she got very sick and died in the hospital after a day or two. She was only 37. I'm not sure that it wasn't a suicide, but they'd found some tests showing potentially serious health problems shortly before her death.

Even if these weren't suicides, it just shows how much of a toll the stress and depression of an unexpected divorce can take on the body. It seems unlikely that the pain wouldn't have contributed to the problems. My heart goes out to Ralf and everybody else who is in that situation. I wish I had a way to make it easier for everyone.

• Like 1

Devilish,

I totally agree with you. While it appears that Rich died of natural causes, I imagine the stress, depression and confusion caused by his wife leaving him out of the blue contributed to his demise. Of course there is no way to really know.

Being dropped out of the blue is the most painful thing I have ever endured and I know it is the same for Ralf. I am making sure that I take care of myself , working out, getting out and about, meeting new people as much as possible and getting medical tests that I have put off.

Ralf, please do the same and take care of yourself. Not that we are out for revenge but living well is the best way to achieve it. Richie sounded like a great guy and I know you will miss him but keep posting, others are here to listen to you and help you through this. It is too late for Richie, but it is not too late for us.

Keep the faith.

• Like 1

Its very sad news, while I think it innapropriate to speculate regading why Richie has left us it has made me think, in fact only last week I was talking with a frend and I said that the strain and stress of a situation like this could be enough to make you really ill or even worse, my personal gut feeling is that his situation could well of played its part, stress is a killer no doubt about it, unfortunately I never got to meet Richie in person I wish I had, my thoughts and prayers go out to his immediate and extended family but not his W/S , she has got what she wants now and has got her grabbing hands all over his will and estate, unless of course Richie was canny enough to change his will in time so she got nothing, maybe he did maybe he didn't either way he has left us for good and all w ecan do is hope that he is at peace wherever he is and whatever he's doing RIP Richie sleep well mate.

Note to admin, in lieu of the circumstances would it be appropriate to lock this thread in say a week or so ? to give people enough time to pay their respects, but please don't remove it as it is Richies post and it would be nice to look back at our banter but just lock it for now on LS as a legacy of his memory, what do other posters think ?.

This is so sad, hope he has found his happiness. Only his wife knows why she left him so suddenly. If it was because of an affair the guilt and shame will be hers to bare. The children will have questions to ask of her I'm sure.

• Like 1