Any Muslims here?

That's a bit extreme. What you're suggesting is no different than religious extremists shoving religion down people's throats.

You're also wrong on another level. My suggestion has nothing to do with telling others what to believe. My suggestion deals with the effect of a certain worldview on society. I'm not shoving down my worldview anyone's throat.

I am suggesting a way how to make the exercise of a religion a safe experience for the rest of society. Right now we have an abundance of religions that would, among others,

• be ok with executing all other non-believers
  • be ok with violence against other people for their sexual identity
  • be ok with violence against someone for the lack of a particular world view (read religious conviction) or the lack of the right type and amount of worship

Those are not trivial matters. Religions are inherently a threat to our personal freedom and safety. It's what they stand for openly and covertly. And I'm using "be ok with ..." lightly above. In fact most religions explicitly encourage or demand believers to exercise violence at some point.

In what other area really would any modern western society be cool with the stated intention of life threatening violence against others?

(Gonna start a debate here for sure....but let's all be intellectuals for a sec. I'm bored, it's Saturday night, I'm listening to Def Leppard's "On through the Night" album on Pandora and I want answers to questions Imams seem to not be able to answer):

Since I ended up in this forum from my other post, I have a question for Muslims.

The Qu'ran was written about 630 AD. We know Muhammad wasn't literate so he had other people 'help write down his ideas and thoughts'. From a historical standpoint, I have learned that not only did Muhammad have copies of both the Old and New Testament, but he also took the literary works of the Wikkan religions and others at the time.

Now we know this is historically accurate, why is there any question as to why Islam is a false religion? We know where a lot of their text came from (heck, some of the stuff in the Qu'ran came STRAIGHT out of the OT and NT and I have links to that as well).

There is no mention of Muhammad or Allah in the OT or NT but this 'allah' character refers to them often in the Qu'ran and of course, says Jesus was "just a Prophet" (not true -- and Christ has been documented in text around the same time OUTSIDE of the Jewish religion and text).

When I asked a Muslim friend this question, do you know what their answer was? "Oh, well you Christians took Muhammad out of every Bible you have..." Allah is God, Jesus is just a Prophet, etc. Farsical nonsense!

So they are saying millions, maybe BILLIONS of Bibles were all edited, as far back as 300AD (330 years BM -- before Muhammad). I want some historical and factual data backing that up.

Because as far as I can find through research, the earliest date of the Qu'ran was 630AD -- which as I said, is 600 years after Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Any Muslim scholars want to kick in here? I don't want to get into the whole beheading thing, but I do know Muhammad's most beloved wife, when he married her, was a ripe 6 years of age..... (cough).....

Great thread CG...longtime no see love and have missed you here:) Well, I can't add too much as I agree with everything you said here, and can't think of a time when you haven't made sense...

Islam never claimed be the original religion. Maybe your friend couldn't explain clearly. The theory behind the whole concept is God has sent prophets to humanity at different times and places to communicate his message. The prophets were human beings who taught people around them about faith in One Almighty God and how to talk on path of righteousness. For a whole list of prophets sent by God according to Islam refer Prophets in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. As you can see in the list the name of Jesus is also mentioned. In fact, no Muslim is a Muslim if he/she doesn't believe/follow in Jesus. During the course of time, people followed one messenger/prophet, whomever they encountered during their time, and created their own religion.

So, to tell Islam before Christianity is both true and false. If one see them as separate bodies and give them religious names then its false since Jesus came before Mohammad. However, if you see it as the concept explained in the above paragraph and throw the religion names out of the window then its true since its just one concept. Hope this will give you a general idea.

This paragraph and the ones following just show your true and golden ignorance of Quran. As I said before, if you want to learn about a subject then you have to come with an open mind approach rather than proclaiming twisted sentences with your arrogance, close mind and lack of knowledge. Cheers.

Big thumbs up for this post.

It's like Lincoln said, "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak aloud and remove all doubt."

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well we can say Sharia Law is based on an interpretation. Enforced in the form of strict laws cast from the actions and words of Muhammad.

Present day leaders and followers have not met Muhammad, have never once spoken with him, obviously. Yet, leaders and followers seem to not want to achieve democracy. Ethnic cleansing against non-believers/non-conformists is their core solution.

They give themselves permission to do as they interpret, and subsequently, believe.

Malevolent beliefs, thoughts and behaviors at it's finest...

This commentary gives a glimpse into this form of belief.

• Like 1