Entitled women on dating sites???

• Author
Try to increase your social circle, and / or be patient. Finding a compatible dating partner can take a long time, but if you stop trying so hard and just let things happen (try to get out and meet more people when you can etc) you may well bump into someone who turns out to be a great match when you least expect it. :)

And how my supposed to do that? None of the people I hang out with are the type that goes out to bars clubs or anything like that. There's no meet up groups in my area, volunteering is mostly a bunch of old retired people around here, and you can forget about socializing with women at the gym… That's like totally against the law the way they look at you if you try to make chat with them.

• Author
So don't get upset or frustrated

I'm upset and frustrated with the way adult women act… I'm not upset over my lack of success. If I went on one date a month and it wasn't successful… I would have no problem with that at all. when I have a problem with is how stocked up and superficial women are, refusing to give realistic guys a chance.

And how my supposed to do that? None of the people I hang out with are the type that goes out to bars clubs or anything like that. There's no meet up groups in my area, volunteering is mostly a bunch of old retired people around here, and you can forget about socializing with women at the gym… That's like totally against the law the way they look at you if you try to make chat with them.

Honestly, I think you may have to try changing your attitude a bit then. There are women out there on dating sites that are looking for similar things to you, I'm sure there are, so you just have to keep trying. :)

Maybe try different messaging approaches though, incorporating what a woman lists as their interests in their profile etc can help, but even better is if you mix up your comments on their profile with humour. ;)

That's what got me to respond to my now bf of 3 years on a dating site. :) I just felt like he "totally got me", as the personality he exuded from his message just hit all the right dating targets for me. :p

I love how you talk about women so badly and in such general terms. You really think women don't go through the same thing. Read the posts on here about the no replies, disappearing men and various other jerk actions. I understand you are frustrated but just like not all men are jerks, not all women are entitled, lack communication, watch reality tv and drink coffee all day.

Yes, there are entitled women out there just like men. Men and women who seem interested then you never hear from them. There are plenty of men and women out there just looking for ego boost, looking for hookups and nothing more. There are always men/women who think you seen great on paper but just aren't interested in you once they talk to you or meet you. There's nothing wrong with it. Keep it moving, they aren't the one for you. It may take you forever to find a woman, if you do find one. But relax, don't take it so personally.

If you don't watch Grey's anatomy, American Idol, the Voice, the Bachelor and the Bachelorette...then I praise you :D

• Author
Honestly, I think you may have to try changing your attitude a bit then. There are women out there on dating sites that are looking for similar things to you, I'm sure there are, so you just have to keep trying. :)

Maybe try different messaging approaches though, incorporating what a woman lists as their interests in their profile etc can help, but even better is if you mix up your comments on their profile with humour. ;)

That's what got me to respond to my now bf of 3 years on a dating site. :) I just felt like he "totally got me", as the personality he exuded from his message just hit all the right dating targets for me. :p

I already do everything that you mentioned. I've actually tested my messages with women out of my area and some have actually tried to talk me into meeting them. I've said it 1000 times… Me, my profile, and my pictures aren't the problem… It's the screwed up women in this area that refuse to give me a chance.

How do I know this? Because when I go to other states for work I get totally different responses to my same messages, my same profile, and my same pictures. Something is wrong with the perception of women in NE Ohio (besides Cleveland) when it comes to dating.

• Author

When I do get that rare opportunity of talking with a local women… 99% of the time she ends up screwing me over due to her lack of manners or some other stupid thing that she does. As I said in the other threads… I seriously think that most men put up with and overlook a lot of crap when dealing with women just so they can get a date.

Dating nowadays seems totally lopsided to me… I have to do and say everything just right as she analyzes my every move… But she's allowed to be as wishy-washy and disrespectful as she wants because she has 10 other guys waiting to take my place… And it feels like they could give f*** a less what I think about that.

WhatIsLove2014

What I am trying to get you to understand is you can't change the women in your area and you are letting them make you upset. You either need to move or change where and what you do. You can't change people and you telling them about themselves isn't going to change them and if it does, you are already through with them for merely the fact that they made a bad first impression.

• Like 2
I'm upset and frustrated with the way adult women act… I'm not upset over my lack of success. If I went on one date a month and it wasn't successful… I would have no problem with that at all. when I have a problem with is how stocked up and superficial women are, refusing to give realistic guys a chance.

See THIS is your problem! ^^ Stereotyping! :( (even saying all women in an area are screwed up is stereotyping - although if that is truly the case then sounds like moving is the only way to solve that problem! :p)

But either way, you really need to listen to yourself HERE >>

I already know that not everyone is the same… I never said in this thread that Everywoman is the same…

Really huh? Because it sure sounds like you think most women are the same, at least the ones in your area.

And if you really believe that to be the case, if you really think that all the women in your area are superficial and refuse to give "realistic guys" a chance, then why bother dating in your area at all? :confused:

There are lots of women out there on dating sites, some might be a good match for you, others might be looking for something else, but that is their right to have their preferences, just as you have a right to have your preferences.

I'm sure you haven't messaged every single woman in your area who has a profile on an online dating site? Surely not? :confused:

I know you've been unlucky so far, and that sucks. :( But as I say, try mixing up your messaging style again and maybe you can change that luck for the better. :) Seems like its worth giving it a shot at least. :)

If you don't think that'll work, then sounds like your only other options are either moving to a new area or giving up on dating (for now at least) and just focusing on trying to be as happy as you can on your own. :)

Edited by Mopparon
  • Like 2
I already do everything that you mentioned. I've actually tested my messages with women out of my area and some have actually tried to talk me into meeting them. I've said it 1000 times… Me, my profile, and my pictures aren't the problem… It's the screwed up women in this area that refuse to give me a chance.

How do I know this? Because when I go to other states for work I get totally different responses to my same messages, my same profile, and my same pictures. Something is wrong with the perception of women in NE Ohio (besides Cleveland) when it comes to dating.

I'm in NE Ohio, and there isn't anything wrong with my perception (I'm also not in Cleveland). I know whether or not I think I'd get along with someone. I'm no longer on a dating site, though. It isn't going to work that way for me.

• Author

I'm sure you haven't messaged every single woman in your area who has a profile on an online dating site? Surely not? :confused:

Where I live...yes I have pretty much messaged 80% of the women that I deem worth my effort. There are not many women that use OLD in my immediate area.

I'm in NE Ohio, and there isn't anything wrong with my perception (I'm also not in Cleveland). I know whether or not I think I'd get along with someone. I'm no longer on a dating site, though. It isn't going to work that way for me.

You just proved my statement by removing yourself from the dating site because you realized it wont work for you. I was talking about the women in NE Ohio that use OLD. You arent the same as them because you realized it wont work. Most of the women still using it fall into the warped perception category because they are searching for unrealistic men that they will never find.

WhatIsLove2014
Where I live...yes I have pretty much messaged 80% of the women that I deem worth my effort. There are not many women that use OLD in my immediate area.

You just proved my statement by removing yourself from the dating site because you realized it wont work for you. I was talking about the women in NE Ohio that use OLD. You arent the same as them because you realized it wont work. Most of the women still using it fall into the warped perception category because they are searching for unrealistic men that they will never find.

But that is absolutely YOUR CHOICE to remain doing OLD! If you don't like the results, stop going online. You say your schedule or whatever doesn't allow you to do it, then that is YOUR FAULT! Nothing that's good comes easy and nothing that comes easy is good. If you want something, you have to put in the effort, make the changes to make it work. What else can anyone tell you?

• Like 1

There you go then, 20% left to try! :p

And new ones will join from time to time, so watch for the new arrivals. :)

• Author

I understand its my choice.

And I said my main complaint is not my lack of finding a gf or relationship....but the unrealistic perceptions of what women expect to find.

is 1 unsuccessful date a month asking too much??

I can barely even get 1 woman to reply to me in a month.

I think that is a real problem with how high the stadards are of these women.

• Author
There you go then, 20% left to try! :p

And new ones will join from time to time, so watch for the new arrivals. :)

The new ones get absolutely bombarded with messages....like throwing a piece of meat into a cage of hungry lions.

I understand its my choice.

And I said my main complaint is not my lack of finding a gf or relationship....but the unrealistic perceptions of what women expect to find.

is 1 unsuccessful date a month asking too much??

I can barely even get 1 woman to reply to me in a month.

I think that is a real problem with how high the stadards are of these women.

How many times!?

YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE STANDARDS OF OTHER PEOPLE!!

All you can do is keep looking for people who have lower standards or give up on dating for now and try to be happy alone. :)

• Like 1
WhatIsLove2014

But that isn't your problem! Maybe they just don't want to go out with you. Why does it even matter? So what? Rejection happens...keep trying and keep it moving. Don't get upset because you can't find what you are looking for. You sound mad at them women for not wanting to go out with you.

• Like 1
WhatIsLove2014
The new ones get absolutely bombarded with messages....like throwing a piece of meat into a cage of hungry lions.

Just get over it. That's what online dating is...get over it.

• Author
Just get over it. That's what online dating is...get over it.

I get that. But then it causes all the guys to compete with each other, to make their message or pics stand out. I refuse to partake in all that bs. I usually wait a couple weeks before I message a new woman, hoping things have settled down a bit.

OP think about it. You are conplaining about the entitlement of women on dating sites, yet you admit you only message women you deem worthy of your time.

OLD sucks.

If you're going to stick to OLD, I suggest you rethink you attitude about it and realize other people may very well 'deem you unworthy of their time' and stop being so winy about it.

So you're messaging the woman you deem worth your effort.

You are having no success.

The women are getting too many messages/date to have time to deal with them all.

The women have unrealistic expectations because the ones you message are not responding specifically to you.

Is that right?

• Like 2
  • Author
So you're messaging the woman you deem worth your effort.

You are having no success.

The women are getting too many messages/date to have time to deal with them all.

The women have unrealistic expectations because the ones you message are not responding specifically to you.

Is that right?

Some women I've talked to have admitted they get overloaded with Messages and can't always read every one. So I have offered some commonsense asking them.... "Instead of wasting your time wading through all those messages why not cut to the chase and simply email the handful of guys you deem compatible?" Their response… "Oh, I never thought about that". Yeah… That would make too much sense… Plus you would have to deal with rejection, and God for bid, only men are supposed to stick their neck out and face that.

As far as the unrealistic expectations.... Many of the women I have seen and interacted with one taller guys, more educated guys, and guys with kids. I am not skimping on who I message, I have stretched my standards quite a bit and nothing has changed as far as getting more replies or more dates. OLD allows women to become ultra-picky and choose a specific type that they "think" will make them happy, rather than basing it on his personality and how he treats her.

WhatIsLove2014
Some women I've talked to have admitted they get overloaded with Messages and can't always read every one. So I have offered some commonsense asking them.... "Instead of wasting your time wading through all those messages why not cut to the chase and simply email the handful of guys you deem compatible?" Their response… "Oh, I never thought about that". Yeah… That would make too much sense… Plus you would have to deal with rejection, and God for bid, only men are supposed to stick their neck out and face that.

As far as the unrealistic expectations.... Many of the women I have seen and interacted with one taller guys, more educated guys, and guys with kids. I am not skimping on who I message, I have stretched my standards quite a bit and nothing has changed as far as getting more replies or more dates. OLD allows women to become ultra-picky and choose a specific type that they "think" will make them happy, rather than basing it on his personality and how he treats her.

Ok, this is how it doesn't make sense...you say they should give a guy a chance based on their personality...but wouldn't that mean giving every guy a chance because you can't read personality from a profile or one email, right? So it would make sense, to start with guys who they think are attractive, have a nice profile or send an interesting message right? And maybe you just aren't one of those guys? Is there anything wrong with that? Is it okay to think that maybe just maybe you arent on a few women's top ten list? I mean it's a harsh reality but like you said they get a sh*tload of messages a day...in order to narrow it down, you either have to be random or start with surface traits...doesn't that make sense? You say you have lowered your standards but ugly, dumb or whatever...they probably get a lot of messages from other men who lowered/stretched their standards.

Men complain women receive too many messages.

Men admit to messaging almost every woman in their area.

Do you see the problem here?

• Like 6