Ready to give up

tross-el destroyer

• Author
tross-el destroyer

What do I do to feel better ? All I do is drink now every night when I don't have my kid. I want to be with someone again and be happy again

What do I do to feel better ? All I do is drink now every night when I don't have my kid. I want to be with someone again and be happy again

you dont sit home drinking for starters. i know its hard to go out but you cant feel sorry for yourself forever. go out shopping, get some nice cloths. get a haircut to make yourself feel more fresh. go out and meet people, go on a datingsite. work out. learn about what went wrong. time heals. 2 months is not unusal i promise you.

maybe you can be more specific about what really bothers you? you have kids. some people never get that chance. you had a girlfriend. many people never get that chance either. youre not a victim. youre just one of many other people struggling at a time in their life. man up and enjoy the things you had and can get instead of the things you wish you had.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

The drinking numbs the pain a bit. I wanted to get married to her. I love my kid. I'm glad I have him. But I'm just so upset. Nothing feels right. I don't enjoy the things I used to. I am on dating sites but am having no luck. I'm losing the will to live at this point . I'm tired of being depressed constantly. I want to move on and be happy again. I want to meet someone new who will make me feel like the happiest man in the world like my ex made me feel

Yeah so it has a lot to do with your ex. I'm not happy all the time. I have my ups and downs. Were you happy with yourself before her? I bet you had some time in your life were you were single and happy. This isn't any different. It sucks being left alone but when it comes down to it, family and friends are more important. Girls will come and go for many people. There's not just one out there. Take time to improve yourself. Not because you did anything wrong but because you want to be the best you can, and sometimes we need that breakdown to get there. This will only make you stronger. Keep it our chin up and continue to talk to people.

Read up a little on how to deal with a breakup and how to act after a breakup to not make it worse.

How to Act After a Break-Up: 5 Things to Remember | Psychology Today

How to Be Strong After a Breakup: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

And forget about the title for this one. But it does have some great points.

How To Get Women - 10 Important Things To Know

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I have never enjoyed being single I hate it, I'm always so lonely. I don't see why everyone else can be with someone besides me.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I've pretty much lost the will to live at this point. I don't want to be in pain or depressed anymore. I don't want to hurt my ex or my kid by killing myself. But it seems like that is the only solution

youre going through a depression. you cant just sit and ask for advice on a site and say youre gonna kill yourself. embrace that people want to help you instead and do something about it. i doubt that during your whole life you couldnt live without a girlfriend. this breakup brought you down but guess what. its only a breakup. we all need to fail in life to become better. thats no solution. you will make everyone elses life miserable and you dont get anything from it. are you having bipolar disorder or asbergers or something else? if thats the case you need to go to a doctor. if this is just a rought time in your life you need to do work for it. nothing in life that means something comes without work.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I'm just depressed and lonely. I don't know what to do to be happy again. I want to be happy with someone again but I feel like it will never happen. I don't want to be with my ex I just want to be happy. Preferably with someone else

yes and you repeat that constantly. but nobody here can give you a girl. you need make the move yourself. the time will come if you dont sit at home feeling sorry for yourself. nobody is gonna knock on the door saying hey lets get married. just relax and go on a datingsite. go out and have fun and things will turn around, ask people in here. it will happen.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

Online dating don't work for me . I don't know where to meet women , I met my ex at a bar so I keeping going out drinking but haven;t found a single girl who is interested in me . I've made a few new female . I just wish I wasn't miserable

Itspointless

When I am depressed I want to drink too, to numb everything. Depression-wise 13-14 has been an awful year. The thing is that alcohol is also a depressant. The one thing that has saved my mood is running: endorfines! There are also some natural herbs that work against depression (don't know their name in English).

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I just hate the life I'm living . Alcohol is all I know it's also why I lost my ex . Every time I'm sad I reach for alcohol anytime I have a problem it's always alcohol . I'm a terrible drunk I hate being a alcoholic but it's what I am . I don't get physically abusive but supposedly emotionally . I used to love drinking whether it was by myself or with friends now it's just something to ease my pain . When I was with my ex i didn't realize my problem with alcohol , I just thought I wanted to get out and see my friends . But the truth is I have a real bad problem

music_and_poetry
I just hate the life I'm living . Alcohol is all I know it's also why I lost my ex . Every time I'm sad I reach for alcohol anytime I have a problem it's always alcohol . I'm a terrible drunk I hate being a alcoholic but it's what I am . I don't get physically abusive but supposedly emotionally . I used to love drinking whether it was by myself or with friends now it's just something to ease my pain . When I was with my ex i didn't realize my problem with alcohol , I just thought I wanted to get out and see my friends . But the truth is I have a real bad problem

The first step to solving any problem is admitting you have one. One step in the right direction! One that has the potential to change your life!

Itspointless

AnyaNova her post where she asked what you were perhaps willing to do somehow disappeared.

But I think it is save to conclude that you feel lonely and that you see that alcohol has a destructive effect on your life. You know the AA serves both these problems.

I felt this way too without the alcohol though. Alcohol makes you depressed and that's a fact. Especially when you're sobering up. It takes more time the more you're waiting time sitting home doing nothing. Get out of the house for starters.

Itspointless
I've tried AA before. I just don't know if I'll be happy sober.

The first site I found on the internet mentioned this: 'If you drink heavily and regularly you’re likely to develop some symptoms of depression. It’s that good old brain chemistry at work again. Regular drinking lowers the levels of serotonin in your brain – a chemical that helps to regulate your mood.' But man, you can be happy again. Do the work for your kid, it will give him/her (I forgot) in the end a present he will be thankful for his whole life: a healthy happy dad and a great example.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I have a strange relationship with alcohol ssometimes when I drink I'm happy and care free , other times I get really depressed. Every time I try and quit drinking I get upset and start drinking again. Plus my ex hated how much I drank and was a big reason we split up .I'm sort of scared to change

Itspointless
I have a strange relationship with alcohol ssometimes when I drink I'm happy and care free , other times I get really depressed. Every time I try and quit drinking I get upset and start drinking again. Plus my ex hated how much I drank and was a big reason we split up .I'm sort of scared to change

Change and the unknown are scary, as it means giving up what you are familiar with. And that what we are familiar with is often not what would be best for us. I am sure you will find better ways to feel happy - or as at this moment numbed - than drinking. I bet you are a great guy with much more potential than you think yourself. Surprise yourself.

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I think I'm a good person and I try to be. I just hurt really bad. I've drank every day this week. I wake up feeling lonely and hopeless and go to bed feeling the same . I just wish things would get better and I would find a woman who will care more about my personality than my looks

I think I'm a good person and I try to be. I just hurt really bad. I've drank every day this week. I wake up feeling lonely and hopeless and go to bed feeling the same . I just wish things would get better and I would find a woman who will care more about my personality than my looks

two things. woman do not go for the looks the same way as guys do. woman are far more attracted to how you come out as a person. you can get a woman that you feel is out of your league. next thing, drinking is not gonna go hand in hand with any woman. and to somehow put them above you. like you need them to be happy isnt gonna help you either. its all about the way you act. now i want you to read up on this so you can get a somehow good idea of the difference between needing someone and wanting someone.

i was like this back in the days. maybe not exactly but i went through this stage were i couldnt be alone. and when i understood what went wrong i never looked back. now i can keep a relationship, a long distance one without worrying. and i can tell you this, some years back she would have been way out of my league. maybe she still is :confused:

• Author
tross-el destroyer

I know that I want someone more than need someone. It's just hard for me to be happy while single for some reason. I try living up single life but all I do is drink and I know that I won't meet a quality woman at the bar. If ex wasn't with someone I probably wouldn't have the urge to find something so soon and be so worried about it

I know that I want someone more than need someone. It's just hard for me to be happy while single for some reason. I try living up single life but all I do is drink and I know that I won't meet a quality woman at the bar. If ex wasn't with someone I probably wouldn't have the urge to find something so soon and be so worried about it

its not a competetion. they might not last either. after a while you wont see the mother of your child being unhappy as a good thing. i know it feels like this now and you maybe want her to want you back. its a thing we all want even if we dont want them to be with us. just to know that they made a mistake.

woman at a bar doesnt have to be a bad thing, but you dont have to go there. there are so many options for you. go to the AAA meatings, a doctor, or someone who can help you. read up on the internet about depression after a breakup. maybe even how to create attraction with a woman cause it seems like your selfesteem has hit rock bottom.

sitting her repeating everything isnt gonna help you. not taking peoples advices isnt gonna benefit you. i could snap out of it, and many others in here could. they are now different people , stronger people. you need to take a first step cause nobody here can help you with that. we can only give advice. and i know that you dont want to listen to us. thats everyone in here. cause it doesnt sound right. we want someone to tell us "do this" and everything is gonna be okey within an hour. doesnt work that way. the faster you do something the faster things are gonna turn around for you.

• Like 1

I haven't read all posts but from the first page I noticed that you're into the metal "scene". I am in the goth scene and I understand the interest in trying to be with someone who's into the same music and culture.

But I came to realize that if I only try to match with someone on that limited small underground culture, it makes my life much harder. In the end what really matters is not what music the person likes... what matters is how kind, reliable, interesting they are. It can take many forms. It has been liberating for me to realize that and I opened up to someone who I was really into this year. Hope you're feeling a little better (((hugs))).

Itspointless

You know there are really some things in my life that I dislike the outcome of, especially those moments when the outcome wasn't my choice or when nature interfered (like death). I wish I could turn-back time to experience certain moments in a loop. But in a way I am glad that I cant, as it would keep my mind stuck in those moments and I would fool myself. Life is getting better again, although my mind still bothers me (everyday) with what were just a few months last year. The only thing I can try is to work on myself and make these moments worth it as I am here on this world to experience. It you make steps the balance will tilt at a certain moment, but now you are sitting on the seesaw moving backwards. Try to go up again.