So a husband created a spreadsheet documenting a lack of sex

Ruby Slippers

See, I think he also made himself look like a chump. What kind of man would put up with and keep begging a woman who says "Not now, I don't want to miss MY FREAKING TV SHOW"???! Balls, meet purse? :o

• Like 1
Discjockey80

From a married man, 8 years here, together for 10.

My wife and I have been working at rekindling our marriage lately and it causes you to face things, assess your strengths and weaknesses and communicate honestly to one another.

One of the things I have seen in other forums and from speaking with people in real life is that what it boils down to in marriage is having faith in God (not arguing religion here) and then the other person (spouse) and making a deliberate effort to love and respect them the way they need to be.

I have read wonderful stories from wives who refused their husbands for years and finally one day realized that maybe if they just let go and hopped on him, there would be a noticeable difference in not only him, but she might also like it as well. In the majority of those cases, both him and her find that the difference is like night and day.

Same with a husband that realizes he needs to just man up and be the best husband he can be. Fulfill her emotional needs the way she needs them fulfilled.

I have talked to and read of people who have found that if their attraction to the spouse wasn't that great...they simply molded their brains to find their spouse more attractive. Learning to see the good points and what they could that would make them attractive.

What I'm getting at it marriage is all about reinventing your mind and yourself for your spouse and moving forward with them, as a pair.

I know there are exceptions like for abuse and such. No doubt those are deal breakers.

But this couple seems to be wallowing in selfishness and self pity. Neglecting one another until the other gives in. That's no way to live life.

• Like 3