Wife in EA, wants to leave me for commitmentphobe

• Author

WW and I had a relationship oriented conversation for the first time in two weeks. WW has been happier and less depressed, more involved with the kids, since she said there was no chance for us. Sort of seems like the eye of the hurricane to me, but whatever. WW wants as normal a life as possible in a house we are supposed to be selling and with kids who as yet know nothing.

When she separated WW said she wanted me to hate her. Now she's wondering how she can keep me from hating her. I guess the guilt isn't going away.

WW had a gift for my sister-in-law (brother's wife) whose birthday just passed. WW bought all of the gifts (her choice) for everyone and that one was purchased before she pulled the plug. But she offered it for me to give anyway. Told her we didn't celebrate any of the birthdays this year. Just a sad thing there.

So WW keeps wanted to be friends while I do the 180. She asked me if I had done anything further with a lawyer yet. No, I am not ready to do that. Too focused on the kids. She continues to inch forward. Wonder if she'll have the energy to complete the process.

Thought more about my future. As time goes on it gets more real and less scary just as a process, I guess. I will likely want to remarry. There is no magic in romance and connections for a guy like me, it's always work. I know of maybe one person from my past I could look up, otherwise it will be back to the dating grind. That stuff is a ways away yet.