To get them back: No contact vs Some contact

• Author

Hmmm now one of my best friends just told me she was texting him last night hoping he was working (she was at the bar he works at). She was saying how she misses him and wanted to catch up for a drink - she's definitely not interested in him and he's attached and we all know each other.

He told her he was busy and left it at that. I wonder why she's contacting people from my world. I wish she's just leave the country or something. I don't know why, but it actually affected me and I wasn't too bad this morning. I feel like I just don't know where she's going to pop up :(

• Author
Why would your best friend tell you that? Tell him to stop talking to you about your ex!

Yeah I said to him thanks for letting me know, but I'd rather not. It set me back a bit. His first words were "Mate your ex is a complete nutter...".

Funny how much it's affecting me at the moment. I've never taken a breakup this bad ever. I'm scared to walk down the street during the day in case I see her. I actually start shaking. Not cool. Not being in contact now feels good though. I have her blocked on FB, deleted all of her contacts (although I know them off by heart), and photos etc... so feeling more cleansed.

ConfusedHumanBeing
Hmmm now one of my best friends just told me she was texting him last night hoping he was working (she was at the bar he works at). She was saying how she misses him and wanted to catch up for a drink - she's definitely not interested in him and he's attached and we all know each other.

He told her he was busy and left it at that. I wonder why she's contacting people from my world. I wish she's just leave the country or something. I don't know why, but it actually affected me and I wasn't too bad this morning. I feel like I just don't know where she's going to pop up :(

Tell your friends to knock it off. Your ex texing a friend shows you (yet again) that your ex doesnt care about your feelings. She probably KNEW, at some point, it would be a conversation starter.

Leave it alone, tell your friends to stop, and keep moving forward.

*Edit* you beat me to posting. Good....keep doing that.

Simon Phoenix

Tell your friends to stop giving you reports. They may think they are helping, but obviously it's not.

• Author
spicelover

I've started the anger phase this weekend. Thank god. It's been 8 weeks, and been no contact for over a week and a half until yesterday she called me from Viber and I didn't recognise her number but I didn't answer. So instead just wrote a message through Viber asking who was it. She replied to say she'd call me later. She didn't.

Instead she rocked up to my place today to collect the rest of her things. She only took half of them. Really annoying, and I asked her to let me know before she turned up so a) I wouldn't be here, and b) the kids wouldn't be here because they are awfully confused. I was pretty short with her.

Anyway... that actually flicked a switch in me. Instead of buying her out of this house I decided best to sell it. She'll lose a heap of money if we do that, but I don't care anymore. I just want it sold. It will practically ruin her financially, but I've got to think of myself. She's the one who's been nasty during all of this. So I told her what I'd like to do now and she became ultra nice begging me to take some time and deep breaths etc... I just said nope game over.

The worst part is - I still feel a lot of love for her. I'm sad the way she's gone a little crazy, and handled everything the way she has. Also how she's gone around town telling stories etc.. I wish I could talk to the girl I knew only a couple of months ago before she lost her mind. I miss that girl so bad.

Ho hum.. anyway. Yeah had to vent a little guys. Feel a bit better now.

I've started the anger phase this weekend. Thank god.
Spice, thanks for giving us an update. Yes, being in touch with your anger will make your life so much easier. You can use it as a crutch to help you walk away and, a year later, you can kick that crutch aside when you no longer need it. Being in touch with our righteous anger can be very protective by motivating us to take action to protect ourselves.
  • Like 1