Ideal breasts size for petite women?

lollipopspot
then a few short years later...short, fat and round, rolling around the living room all day in a tight ball with her painted toe nails flailing about...

what the heck?

Why don't I understand these sizes!

Read D-Lish's thread on bras. I think it's in Water Cooler or Rants forum. She will tell you how to measure properly.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Nickierose19
Define petite? I'm petite (5ft on the nose) and mine are a 36hh all natural. I think for a petite girl anything above a d/dd is far too big x

I'm 5'1" and highest weight I've been is 108. Height doesn't really have to do with being petit IMO. It's more the weight than anything.

My normal weight is 95-100 lbs. 23.5-24" waist with small hips.

I'm a 32D as it stands now.

Is there such a thing as being a petite size 14? Something like that?

I do know that small busty women have trouble finding tops. They can be a size small in everything except the front. My ex was like that so she had to wear mediums which were too big, but a small wouldn't button.

• Author
Nickierose19
Is there such a thing as being a petite size 14? Something like that?

I do know that small busty women have trouble finding tops. They can be a size small in everything except the front. My ex was like that so she had to wear mediums which were too big, but a small wouldn't button.

I'm a size small in tops even extra small. But they're also too big.

Petite used to be a fashion term to refer to women 5'4" and shorter. Clothes need to be cut differently to correctly fit shorter women's proportions.

I have no idea if this is the current usage of the word or if, like "curvy," it has been hijacked into a completely different population than originally intended.

Petite used to be a fashion term to refer to women 5'4" and shorter. Clothes need to be cut differently to correctly fit shorter women's proportions.

I have no idea if this is the current usage of the word or if, like "curvy," it has been hijacked into a completely different population than originally intended.

I don't take petite to mean just short, but also "narrow"... as in small boned, if that makes sense...

like... i'm short. I'm 5'2. But I don't think I'm petite... If I was tall, I would be built like an amazon. Think Gwendoline Christie from GOT (plays Brienne).

In my understanding, a petite woman is short, yes, but if she was tall, she would just be vertically LONG, not necessarily big...

Is this making any sense?? It does in my head, but I'm not sure it's translating well into words!

Anyway, I'm mostly a size 8/36* trousers and have to buy size 12/40 tops, sometimes bigger.

I remember being devastated I couldn't get a pink trenchcoat, a couple of years ago. It was really pretty and fairly cheap! tried it on! Had to be a size 14/42 to button... which meant the sleeves were over my hands and it just fit horribly in general.. it was too big!

If the top isn't stretchy material, I most likely have to buy the size 14/42. Which is why I have almost nothing that isn't stretchy!

*UK/EU sizes - no idea what the US equivalents are...

AShogunNamedMarcus
I'm just wondering. I'm a petit woman. It's odd though no one seems to think I am because my chest size. I've always been told I wasn't proportionate even when I was a 32C(my smallest size). Anyhow what do you consider the most ideal/attractive size for a petit woman?

Small, perky and pointy. A cups will do nicely.

Eternal Sunshine

I think petite means short AND thin.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
Nickierose19
I don't take petite to mean just short, but also "narrow"... as in small boned, if that makes sense...

like... i'm short. I'm 5'2. But I don't think I'm petite... If I was tall, I would be built like an amazon. Think Gwendoline Christie from GOT (plays Brienne).

In my understanding, a petite woman is short, yes, but if she was tall, she would just be vertically LONG, not necessarily big...

Is this making any sense?? It does in my head, but I'm not sure it's translating well into words!

Anyway, I'm mostly a size 8/36* trousers and have to buy size 12/40 tops, sometimes bigger.

I remember being devastated I couldn't get a pink trenchcoat, a couple of years ago. It was really pretty and fairly cheap! tried it on! Had to be a size 14/42 to button... which meant the sleeves were over my hands and it just fit horribly in general.. it was too big!

If the top isn't stretchy material, I most likely have to buy the size 14/42. Which is why I have almost nothing that isn't stretchy!

*UK/EU sizes - no idea what the US equivalents are...

yeah I agree with this petit is always a bone structure/frame.

I had a roommate who was tall and a short roommate is frame I was more similar to the taller roommate because she had a small frame that was just stretched out while the other one was an apple.

But I don't know what those sizes mean.

I think petite means short AND thin.

Not in the US. You can find petite clothes in sizes up to 16. There's even "plus size" petite clothing.

The raison d'etre for "petite" sizing is due to height -- clothes need to be specifically cut so that the waist, breast darts, hips, etc. fall at the right place, that the arm and leg lengths are correct, and so on.

TylerDurdenn
Not in the US. You can find petite clothes in sizes up to 16. There's even "plus size" petite clothing.

The raison d'etre for "petite" sizing is due to height -- clothes need to be specifically cut so that the waist, breast darts, hips, etc. fall at the right place, that the arm and leg lengths are correct, and so on.

Sorry but a short fat girl is not petite. That sounds like clever marketing by the manufacturer ;)

A cup please!!

• Like 1
But I have the feeling your real question went right over my head.

Which head?

OP, it's all about proportions. Telling me you are petite with a 32C get's me hot and bothered, but who really knows.

I'm a 32D to DD cup size right 5'1" and 100 lbs. but I always get the complaint my boobs are too big for the rest of me.

When I was 82 lbs I was a modest 32C sister size to 34B. People still said they looked too big on me. I have big shoulders so idk how they are supposed to be big on me seriously doesn't make sense.

By "people" I hope you do not mean ex bfs? Is Phoe in the room? ;)

My ex gf was 5 ' 10" probably 130 - 140lbs, 34DD. Her breasts were way to big for her body (implants); they looks like Barbies breasts. If they were natural they probably would have looked more proportionate.

But she was still pretty danm hot. She had narrower shoulders with a wider upper back, wider hips and an average waist. If her waist was a little smaller, her shoulders a little broader, proportion wise, she would have been perfect.

In my experience, smaller nipples are harder to play with.

How so, it's a nipple for gods sake, not a Tonka Toy! :p

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience..

I am loving watching your "evolution" on here. Nice "Feeling" reply. You are getting, good! ;)

I am loving watching your "evolution" on here. Nice "Feeling" reply. You are getting, good! ;)

Oooooh... Is there a bro-mance blossoming? :laugh:;)

• Like 1
Oooooh... Is there a bro-mance blossoming? :laugh:;)

He's cute, but not that cute. :p If he hangs around here long enough he could become a pretty good player!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author
Nickierose19
By "people" I hope you do not mean ex bfs? Is Phoe in the room? ;)

My ex gf was 5 ' 10" probably 130 - 140lbs, 34DD. Her breasts were way to big for her body (implants); they looks like Barbies breasts. If they were natural they probably would have looked more proportionate.

But she was still pretty danm hot. She had narrower shoulders with a wider upper back, wider hips and an average waist. If her waist was a little smaller, her shoulders a little broader, proportion wise, she would have been perfect.

I have broad shoulders but a small waistline and no hips well in comparison to my shoulders and bust. But I have indentation in the waist which should mean I have a very little hip instead of none.

34-35B at 5'3"....though my breasts seem disproportionate compared to my large bum.;)

• Author
Nickierose19
34-35B at 5'3"....though my breasts seem disproportionate compared to my large bum.;)

I was sister size to 34B but I have narrow hips and broad shoulders.

Ideal breast size is whatever you decide you're comfortable with, on your own body - it isn't for anyone else to say.

• Like 2
I'm a 32D to DD cup size right 5'1" and 100 lbs. but I always get the complaint my boobs are too big for the rest of me.

When I was 82 lbs I was a modest 32C sister size to 34B. People still said they looked too big on me. I have big shoulders so idk how they are supposed to be big on me seriously doesn't make sense.

Who exactly is telling you they are too big for you? Men? Or women? That's awfully rude, telling someone their boobs don't look right. Nobody should be making comments about your body, unless it's to say that you look nice.

Who cares what they think. So long as you're healthy that's all that matters.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • Author
Nickierose19
Who exactly is telling you they are too big for you? Men? Or women? That's awfully rude, telling someone their boobs don't look right. Nobody should be making comments about your body, unless it's to say that you look nice.

Who cares what they think. So long as you're healthy that's all that matters.

From where I'm from im just average.