Getting back in the game, my dating journey.

somedude81

• Author
I too have noticed, all my life but recently a lot more (because of making a lot of new friends in the last couple years), that women in relationships are warm, friendly, borderline flirtatious sometimes, compared to those single. It's amazing the difference. Single women can be guarded and cold, even hostile - for no reason, when it doesn't serve their purposes (ceasing to be single). You assume it's you doing something wrong, or that this is just women, all of them, resigned to them being your fate if you don't want to stay single. And then you, the same goddamn guy, the same personality, the same looks, maybe even the same day and clothes, hang out on a friendly basis with non-single women, either those you know or partners of your male friends, and they're like sweetness and light, milk and honey in comparison. These'll be the same girls, incidentally, who won't ever be single for long. Why would they be, they're so easy and fun to get on with.

I've been wondering what the implications of it are. I suppose perhaps it's because those in a relationship aren't looking at other men as partner candidates. Except that in my experience, sometimes the level of "warmth" even while they're with their boyfriends exceeds what I'm comfortable with. Whatever. It's definitely a thing. Suck it up and get back to those spiky, difficult single girls.

Yeah it definitely is frustrating.

How does one stick it out with girls who are being difficult? I just have the impression that I'm trying to bark up the wrong tree. It's really bringing my confidence down.

• Author
Because the ones who are already in a relationship don't have to worry about you trying to get with them. They can let their guard down. See last page. I don't see why this is so hard to wrap your head around. Friendly doesn't mean you're any closer to them wanting you romantically.

Yeah I know why the girls in relationships are being friendly. It's just really annoying how the girls who are single are not. I'm also going to point out again, that the only GF I have ever had, was in a relationship when I met her, which makes things extremely confusing for me.

I really don't know how to play this game.

The girls who I know are single seem to be more open and friendly with other guys, yet they are cold with me. I wish somebody would give me a chance.

hasaquestion
Yeah I know why the girls in relationships are being friendly. It's just really annoying how the girls who are single are not. I'm also going to point out again, that the only GF I have ever had, was in a relationship when I met her, which makes things extremely confusing for me.

The girls who I know are single seem to be more open and friendly with other guys, yet they are cold with me. I wish somebody would give me a chance.

No one "gives you a chance". That's not just true of dating, but of your professional life as well. You have to BE what women want, and BE what employers want.

You lament the fact that you're not one of the "tall good looking guys". But you don't have to be tall and good looking. Sure its harder if you aren't. But that's fine. If you're popular and in great shape and have a great personality that works too. Yet you don't want to work on those things...

• Like 1

Pffft. When I was in college, the single girls were shy which challenged me all the more until I got a solid 'I'm not interested' from them.

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the end result. I realized this after the honeymoon period with my ex and random flings ;).

It's all perception. Things and people won't come easy to you. And hey, it always makes for a good story.

• Author

Of course the really cute girl I've been getting closer two the past two weeks is taken!

And not only is she taken, she's actually married. Something was off with her wedding ring, so she didn't start wearing it until today.

I should have known better that a woman that good looking and that friendly with me could possibly be single.

Should I just start asking every girl that's nice to me if they have a boyfriend, or husband?

• Author
Pffft. When I was in college, the single girls were shy which challenged me all the more until I got a solid 'I'm not interested' from them.

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the end result. I realized this after the honeymoon period with my ex and random flings ;).

It's all perception. Things and people won't come easy to you. And hey, it always makes for a good story.

I'm thinking about making one of the girls who seems shy/cold tell me that she isn't interested in me.

I want to get a good solid rejection this semester and not from a girl that's already taken.

BTW, I hate the journey. The end result is amazing. I just want to be in a serious relationship again.