My Story - End of my marriage

GarrusVakarian
Well, been on a few dates with a girl....here's the strange thing!!

I have known her for 15 years, so has my ex as we all used to work for the same company. So when I started seeing her I thought it might be a good idea to tell the ex before someone else did.

Well, she has gone mental, accusing me of all sorts...having an affair before we split!

But, I'm enjoying myself with a lovely girl, having fun and seeing where it goes, who would have thought a few weeks ago!

How dare you move on with your life!. Lol. Well that is what she is probably thinking?. Perhaps, she somehow thought you would be her fall back in case it all goes tits up?. As we know it will!. She just expects you to mope at home waiting for her to come back.

Your doing what she didn't expect and move on with your life meeting new people and dating. She feels threatened by this, which is probably why she is going mental. But I would expect her to cause trouble?.

I guess I probably have this to go?. But it has been noted I have been seen around with another women in town where I live. So can only imagine its a matter of time before she finds out. But like you I am taking it slowly at the moment. Never expected to be dating someone, but I really like her and hope it continues to go as well as it has!. Just trying to get this house stuff wrapped up!.

Ask yourself though. If she came back tomorrow and said she made a mistake would you have her back now?. Best way I can think of is what someone else put. If you got hit by a hammer, would you go back for a second hit?.

But enjoy the dating with the other girl and hope it goes well for you. Don't let your ex attempt to wreck it.

Edited by GarrusVakarian
Beechy1973

Sounds great - glad it's going well.

Word of advice - I wouldn't tell your ex anything as it's none of her business any more. She will think you're doing it to get her jealous (being a narcissist) and part of it will be for that very reason (ie she's right).

Tell her nowt - it will hurt her more when she finds out and will serve her right.

I don't wish to sound misogynistic, but isn't it amazing how a woman you have loved can turn into something horrendous, cold and despicable who couldn't give a toss in you? I'm sure men can behave badly too but the iciness women can sometimes demonstrate is enough to take your breath away :-(

• Author
Sounds great - glad it's going well.

Word of advice - I wouldn't tell your ex anything as it's none of her business any more. She will think you're doing it to get her jealous (being a narcissist) and part of it will be for that very reason (ie she's right).

Tell her nowt - it will hurt her more when she finds out and will serve her right.

I don't wish to sound misogynistic, but isn't it amazing how a woman you have loved can turn into something horrendous, cold and despicable who couldn't give a toss in you? I'm sure men can behave badly too but the iciness women can sometimes demonstrate is enough to take your breath away :-(

Women (some women I guess) are bloody cold and calculating....can't believe the change from who she was!!

She's so annoyed that I am moving on, think she really thought that I would sit there until the end of my days just waiting for her to return!

Anyway, thanks to you guys on here and lots of friends and family I have turned a corner and can start to build my life back up again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well....not been on here for quite a few weeks now so thought I would update my story a little.

Just like everyone said, time really helps...about 5 weeks ago I started seeing a girl, know her for a long time and we were both in the same situation, one thing led to another and we started going out.

Things are going really well, it's very early days but I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step!

Still going through my divorce, still getting lots of grief of the ex but I still have great access to my daughter, every weekend, all weekend!

My daughter and I have a lovely holiday booked for July, some real daddy/daughter time!

Please read my thread, I have been down to the bottom and I'm on my way up again.....thanks to my family, great friends and everyone who gave me advice on here, I might not have believed it at the time but you were all right.

Cheers

2.50 a gallon

My story took place over 30 years ago. Caught her kissing another man. Kicked her out, she moved in with the OM. No kids, so I was able to walk away. I found myself at the bottom of black hole, where I actually wondered whether some year in the future I might be able to laugh again. She made it worse by trying to rub my nose in her new pretty boy. It was a little more than a month later when a pretty face looked down at me and asked if I wanted to come out an play. Wow, what a rush, in an instant I was back flying with the eagles.

When the Ex discovered I had someone new, she did a total 180, and began begging me to take her back. That was even harder on me than D-day, as I still loved her and was still lonely, and all I had to do was say yes. But, the truth was I could no longer trust her, so had to tell her we were finished.

I looked her up on the internet a few years back. The intervening 30 years have not been kind to her. She easily weighs at least 200 pounds. While I have spent the last 20 years with a very loving, most kind, giving woman I have ever met. In the looks department she is totally out of my league. A grandmother to a teenager, and yet she still has a flat stomach and an hour glass figure. And oh them long legs.

Divorce was the best thing that ever happened to me.

GarrusVakarian
Well....not been on here for quite a few weeks now so thought I would update my story a little.

Just like everyone said, time really helps...about 5 weeks ago I started seeing a girl, know her for a long time and we were both in the same situation, one thing led to another and we started going out.

Things are going really well, it's very early days but I have a smile on my face and a spring in my step!

Still going through my divorce, still getting lots of grief of the ex but I still have great access to my daughter, every weekend, all weekend!

My daughter and I have a lovely holiday booked for July, some real daddy/daughter time!

Please read my thread, I have been down to the bottom and I'm on my way up again.....thanks to my family, great friends and everyone who gave me advice on here, I might not have believed it at the time but you were all right.

Cheers

Really pleased its going well for you Hurts. I have been seeing someone for just over a month now, really never expected it to happen and makes me laugh how it did!. She is absolutely brilliant. When I look back at the soon to be ex. Its difficult not to make comparisons as they are leagues apart. But who I am seeing now, she makes me laugh, she makes me feel good about myself and to be around. My ex never did, looking back I feel she kind of dragged me down. I wish looking back I had got out of the relationship sooner, she never deserved the pedestal I put her on!. I am not bitter about the whole marriage breakup, I think now it was kind of destined to happen. Wish I had seen this earlier.

I really hope my ex finds what she is looking for, I really don't want her to be unhappy. But honestly, I feel that any relationship she ends up will eventually always fail in her eyes and she will be looking for the next best thing. Its a sad state to be in and will probably end up in loneliness for her. But it is no longer my concern. Like yourself, you have come through the ****e and far better for it and you know your be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

How's tricks Hurts?

Hard to believe that you've healed and have rode off into the sunset with the real love of yor life, but fingers crossed for you my friend ;)