Ask bf to return engagement ring because I didn't like the ring.

• 1 month later...
thelittlespoon

After reading the original post on this thread, I realized that there is so much wrong with this whole situation, that I don't even know where to begin.

Him proposing so that he doesn't "lose you" is the first thing that made me shake my head. I'm assuming you possibly gave him an ultimatum or something?

Then you are dissatisfied with your engagement ring because the stone is too small, and not what you would've picked out for yourself? Wow...

It's sad that getting engaged has turned into such a superficial thing. Be happy that he loves you enough to want to propose to you in the first place - or does he...?

You have to wear the ring, not him. Get what "YOU" want and know that you are worth a helluva lot more than a diamond chip cause that is EXACTLY what this was. I don't care what anyone says...any woman would be insulted, embarrased, hurt and deeply disappointed if presented with a ring like this from their man, so GET REAL LADIES and stop acting like something is wrong with her. She is just like the rest of ... a true woman!!

My advice - try www.tacori.com (HAPPY SHOPPING)

p.s. Don't ever settle for the crumbs or in this case, a chip!

oh_what_am_I_doing
I wonder how he would act if he wanted a twenty seven inch tv for the living room and you got him a four inch black and white?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My sentiment exactly! I don't think she's being materialistic. I think the ring is a symbol of one's love, and this 0.13 carat diamond isn't showing that his love is very strong. Of course, there were many other obvious clues along the way that show he isn't really wanting to marry her, but that's the icing on the cake.

• 4 months later...

"I have a question about engagement rings? I am not a materialistic person and I have never been one but over the holidays my boyfriend proposed to me. Marriage is very important to me so he asked me to marry him even though marriage is not of great importance to him. He did it because he cared and didn' t want to lose me."

Despite not being a believer in marriage, he asked you to marry him because he knew it was important to you-- come on, woman, should you really be obsessing about engagement rings?

• 3 weeks later...

He should have dumped you on your ass to be honest. How can you question or value his love based on the things he buys for you? And if you were happy with the ring he gave you, why would you want to go around looking for something else? What you said does not make sense.

I don't think she's being materialistic. I think the ring is a symbol of one's love, and this 0.13 carat diamond isn't showing that his love is very strong

Of course she isn't, we all know that how much we care for a person is measured in dollars and cents.

He should have dumped you on your ass to be honest. How can you question or value his love based on the things he buys for you?

What is up with loveshack.org members and their holier-than-thou "my love is purer than yours" crap? A 0.13 carat ring IS pathetic by most First World standards. I'm a guy and I know that.

One questions and judges the other's love by their actions, and buying things is certainly one aspect of these actions. It is no different from a guy's choice of where to take a girl for a first date. If she's not smitten by your actions, she has full right to dump your cheaparse. Doesn't make her anymore materialistic than your being a cheaparse.

You should just be happy that he proposed to you! It's not about the ring it is about spending the rest of you life with the person you can't live without. If my boyfriend have me a 25 cent ring and asked me to be his wife I would without a doubt. I think you should step back and take a look at the bigger picture. Marriage is about love not diamonds.