Exposure vs keeping affair a secret

Cheetahs

The purpose of truth, is to give the other person their choices back.

Choice was one of the things stolen from the BS, truth is giving back what should have been rightfully theirs, as it should be with all of us.

Respect...self respect...integrity...all begin with treating others/ourselves as we would like to be treated..anything less...is manipulation.

Infidelity is designed to end marriages....it breaks the bond, the inner-sanctuary of that relationship. One that is not built on blood or a paycheck rather on truth, safety, caring,of us against the world. The other party deserves to know if they need to look at other options for themselves, mates can be replaced.

Word. thank you for posting this. If you're not telling your spouse the truth, you're tricking someone into staying married to you. How pathetic that we do this - spoken by someone who did this for a year, me!

peaksandvalleys
I exposed my affair to my wife who hates me right now. However now I'm rethinking if I did the right thing. If I would've kept it a secret we would still be together and she wouldn't be so upset with me. Did I do the right thing? I'm starting to regret telling her.

Are you regretting it because you think she should have a time limit to feeling angry or because it doesn't benefit you?