This girl I'm absolutely crazy about has moved away...

MightyHeracross

Skyraider829
So Skype is basically the only way of calling, but I feel like if I ask her to Skype and she's not able to, its almost like I'm getting rejected

Let me point out, that is the way you feel but just because that's the way you feel - emotionally, doesn't mean that's the way it really is.

It sounds like you never have asked her to Skype whilst she's been over there. It doesn't hurt to ask and find out if she can, or when would be the most convenient times for her and you. Then if she does think that's a swell idea, you and her can coordinate plans and find a way to talk over Skype from time to time.

Skyraider829

I agree as well. That is rude. That's basically treating a person like an object of nostalgia. How degrading to even suggest that...This is a girl you are talking about, not some antiquity.

• Author
MightyHeracross
Let me point out, that is the way you feel but just because that's the way you feel - emotionally, doesn't mean that's the way it really is.

It sounds like you never have asked her to Skype whilst she's been over there. It doesn't hurt to ask and find out if she can, or when would be the most convenient times for her and you. Then if she does think that's a swell idea, you and her can coordinate plans and find a way to talk over Skype from time to time.

About a week ago when we were texting, I asked if she could Skype, but she was working out (it was about noon there, so midnight here), and she said she could but by the time she could Id be sleeping. So I said something like alright some other time, and she was like okay sounds good. I can't tell if that was good, bad, or indifferent

Skyraider829
About a week ago when we were texting, I asked if she could Skype, but she was working out (it was about noon there, so midnight here), and she said she could but by the time she could Id be sleeping. So I said something like alright some other time, and she was like okay sounds good. I can't tell if that was good, bad, or indifferent.

To me that seems positive, or at the worst, indifferent. Don't over-analyze such simple things.

• Author
MightyHeracross
To me that seems positive, or at the worst, indifferent. Don't over-analyze such simple things.

hahaha, im definitely the type to over analyze things. I do it all the time, with nearly everything. Ive really gotta stop. Anyways, how would you pose the question of asking her to Skype? Isn't that basically like asking her on a "date" given the circumstances?

Skyraider829
hahaha, im definitely the type to over analyze things. I do it all the time, with nearly everything. Ive really gotta stop. Anyways, how would you pose the question of asking her to Skype? Isn't that basically like asking her on a "date" given the circumstances?

Analytical thinking is a cherishable trait but it can't be used with absolutely everything you do since certain circumstances don't get resolved with pure analysis.

So yes, try to lay off on it. Unless you are formulating some huge equation to launch a satellite into an orbit around Venus.

Is it like asking her on a date? Um...No. Maybe its just me, but that does not come off as a date at all. Its just conversing with her both visually and vocally - so how does that qualify as a date?

Think of a date, say a casual date, as taking her out to lunch, then walking around a park, going to catch a new flick or cruising around a mall for the day. Compared to that, Skyping is nothing, LOL.

How to ask her? Its up to you man, but next time you call or text, see if you two can figure out a convenient time to arrange a Skype session. If she's up to it, I'm sure you two will figure out a strategy.

• Author
MightyHeracross
Wouldn't it be great if you met a girl at your school? You know one you could touch and hang out with and be obsessed with up close haha.

Yeah, but Ive never felt the way I feel about this girl with anyone else, EVER. Even IF I do something with a new girl, I will still want this girl when she comes back.

• Author
MightyHeracross
Analytical thinking is a cherishable trait but it can't be used with absolutely everything you do since certain circumstances don't get resolved with pure analysis.

So yes, try to lay off on it. Unless you are formulating some huge equation to launch a satellite into an orbit around Venus.

Is it like asking her on a date? Um...No. Maybe its just me, but that does not come off as a date at all. Its just conversing with her both visually and vocally - so how does that qualify as a date?

Think of a date, say a casual date, as taking her out to lunch, then walking around a park, going to catch a new flick or cruising around a mall for the day. Compared to that, Skyping is nothing, LOL.

How to ask her? Its up to you man, but next time you call or text, see if you two can figure out a convenient time to arrange a Skype session. If she's up to it, I'm sure you two will figure out a strategy.

Well at least I know I'm the right guy to launch a satellite around Venus :lmao: haha

Anyways, is it something that should be planned ahead for? Or is it something that I just kinda say while were texting?

Skyraider829
Well at least I know I'm the right guy to launch a satellite around Venus :lmao: haha

Anyways, is it something that should be planned ahead for? Or is it something that I just kinda say while were texting?

Dude, I got to say that I admire you - its heart-warming that you are concerned this much about coming across the right way to this girl, that's cool.

I'll say it one more time though; Don't overthink all of it. Just think normally and try to treat it as you would most other things.

I really don't see any reason why it should be "planned". Plan dates, not Skype sessions. Just ask her next time you two are texting away. ;)

• Author
MightyHeracross
Dude, I got to say that I admire you - its heart-warming that you are concerned this much about coming across the right way to this girl, that's cool.

I'll say it one more time though; Don't overthink all of it. Just think normally and try to treat it as you would most other things.

I really don't see any reason why it should be "planned". Plan dates, not Skype sessions. Just ask her next time you two are texting away. ;)

Haha, thanks man :) I also really appreciate all the help you've given me, and I actually don't think I have any more questions right now (knock on wood). If something should arise, how could I contact you? You've been by far the most helpful person I've ever met on the internet lol. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would get almost 100 responses to this problem of mine. Do you have an email that ou check regularly, or are you on here often?

Edited by MightyHeracross
  • Author
MightyHeracross
Hey Skyraider wth is it really that heart warming I'm a little depressed for the guy as I've been there done that and it rarely ends well. You're a guy right? Not a Skyangel but a raider! haha

Just keep posting here and you'll be able to pm Skyraider when you both get that ability. It's not wise to put personal info in here considering we talk about personal problems that we might want to keep secret.

Also how dare you say he's the most helpful... see if I ever come back here and give you advice!

Alright lol, he's the one who's commented the most on here by far. Ive pretty much had 1 on 1 conversations with him because he was the only one posting for a while. And he really wants to see me end up with this girl... it seems like everyone else just doesn't.

• Author
MightyHeracross
I'm obsessed with a girl myself right now but unlike you I want to forget her because I know nothing good can come out of being absolutely crazy about a girl where things can't work out for some unspecified amount of time or till some situation occurs etc. Get absolutely crazy for a girl you can actually pursue! That's all I'm saying.

I understand that, but I can't just cut off all communication with someone just because they've moved away... especially since it was something neither of us had any control over. In my mind, and probably hers, thats just rude.

• Author
MightyHeracross

Well speaking of "texting away"... it seemed to be going great, we would tell each other to text the other one in the morning because we would usually be texting until one of us fell asleep, and we would just continue our conversation from where it left off the night before. It was going great, better than it had gone even when she was living here. But then lately, she hasn't texted me back at all, and when she does, its taken like 8 hours for her to do so! I understand the time difference, but this was during the day for her... Im very confused. I really hope I didn't say anything g wrong. I guess ill just wait to text her next. I mean, my texts still show "delivered" and not "read." Im just not sure what to do...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

NVM, the situation solved itself lol... she texted me

Edited by MightyHeracross
  • Author
MightyHeracross
I'm obsessed with a girl myself right now but unlike you I want to forget her because I know nothing good can come out of being absolutely crazy about a girl where things can't work out for some unspecified amount of time or till some situation occurs etc. Get absolutely crazy for a girl you can actually pursue! That's all I'm saying.

As for actually pursuing this girl, is there any other advice you can give me?

• Author
MightyHeracross
Just joke around with her and be bold and say you want to kiss her and stuff.

Seriously though don't make this girl the focus of your life. I'm telling you part of the reason you like her so much was that her family and your family put her in proximity to you. Now you have no proximity. Just go hit on the local girls.

That's my advice. Hit on some local girls and believe me it will help you with this other girl for when she comes back.

But, won't not talking to her seem a bit weird? Like I feel bad not keeping in contact with her, and don't you think she will like me if I make a true effort to stay in touch?

• Author
MightyHeracross
Just limit yourself than. Send her a flirty message each week. Thinking of you hot stuff. See that's kind of funny. Just be yourself man. You need to not be so focused on her. Keep in touch but just don't be so obsessed man.

Like I said I'm Obsessed with some one too but unlike you I know better. Although I'm still obsessed.

Lol thanks, We usually only have one or two convos per week, but due to the time change, our conversations just continue through the nights and resume in the morning. When I fall asleep, she will tell me to text her in the morning, and I do the same with her.

• Author
MightyHeracross
Are you going to try to date other girls like I told you!

I mean, yeah, maybe, but like I have never said that I wouldn't. I just have never felt this way about any other girl before.

• Author
MightyHeracross
I mean, yeah, maybe, but like I have never said that I wouldn't. I just have never felt this way about any other girl before.

And just because I go after another girl, doesn't mean Im throwing this girl in the garbage.

Skyraider829
Alright lol, he's the one who's commented the most on here by far. Ive pretty much had 1 on 1 conversations with him because he was the only one posting for a while. And he really wants to see me end up with this girl... it seems like everyone else just doesn't.

Yeah, I'll back you up on that statement. I would like to hear success out of this scenario. I really do hope it turns out in the best way possible.

Skyraider829
But, won't not talking to her seem a bit weird? Like I feel bad not keeping in contact with her, and don't you think she will like me if I make a true effort to stay in touch?

Maintain the effort, the effort is important if she obviously likes it when you keep in contact. Cutting off contact would be perplexing, perplexion is to be avoided.

• Author
MightyHeracross
I want success for you too man. It's like if you find a girl close by you might not even care about his other girl when she comes back if she comes back. You could still keep in touch and send little messages here and there like that you're thinking about her. Than if she does come back and you still have feelings you act. I just don't want you torturing yourself.

Well back in high school, and throughout my life, I have been attracted to other girls... Ive thought they were hot, sexy, attractive, cute, or whatever. Ive thought they would be good GFs and nice to be with. But I have NEVER felt this way about anyone else, its just a different feeling when Im with her, and even when Im talking to her.

And I do believe you want success for me... If you didn't, I doubt you'd be on here wasting your time posting nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Author
MightyHeracross
Maintain the effort, the effort is important if she obviously likes it when you keep in contact. Cutting off contact would be perplexing, perplexion is to be avoided.

I do think she enjoys talking to me. A couple days ago, we were texting, and she didn't respond, but the message had been read. So, no wanting to be desperate, I didn't text her for a a couple days, and today, I got a response from her! She probably was missing not talking to me, and realized that she hadn't responded. So I guess thats a good thing!

• Author
MightyHeracross
Some people come on this site to put down the people asking for advice haha. Look man I'm telling you the reason you like her so much is because you spent more time with her than any other girl aha! Also you think she's hot. There are other girls. Keep this one on the back burner. Don't forget to try for the close girls. Learn from your mistake at the concert and invite another girl to a concert "hey I have tickets" and kiss this one lol.

lol yeah, thats true. No reason I can't go on a date with another girl, but I would rather not date anyone for another 9 months, and have her as my GF when she comes back, than date someone now, and lose her forever.

Skyraider829
I do think she enjoys talking to me. A couple days ago, we were texting, and she didn't respond, but the message had been read. So, no wanting to be desperate, I didn't text her for a a couple days, and today, I got a response from her! She probably was missing not talking to me, and realized that she hadn't responded. So I guess thats a good thing!

Nice to know it, that does sound optimistic.

• Author
MightyHeracross
Nice to know it, that does sound optimistic.

Yeah, and I'm not sure if I've already said this, but when she lived here, our conversations were kind of one sided, with me asking the questions and her answering them... now they are way more two sided, and sometimes, she's the one really keeping it going. Does this mean I'm friend zoned?