Ex wife asked me to dinner Friday night

• Author
hurts_so_bad

Going threw my breakup with a women of 20 years was a hard thing to do but what was even harder was figuring out who I wanted to be as a man..

After the breakup I found out who my friends really were..some are still my friends and some acted as if they were then to good for me..this really upset me and I started searching for answers to why people were acting this way toward me..

I started the who am I thing and how do I treat people..Who do I want to be as a man? That sort of stuff..I have been working threw a lot of this stuff with my theropist..

It all comes down to I didnt have a very good upbringing..There was never I love yous but insults, No foundation built for me to be a man who respects his ways cause there were no ways taught to me..

I am now finally at a stage where I have a bit of a foundation especially when it comes to other people...I treat people how they deserve to be treated by what they have earned threw their actions and I act in and treat people in a manner that commands the respect i want as a man..

These two things pretty much lay the path for me to follow to be the man I want to be..before I found myself getting blown off or disrespected and kept coming back for more because I was lonely and in need of friends..

I now realize I dont need friends like that and before I break and go back to being my old self and the mistreatment that came along with it, I'd rather be by myself watching a movie at home with some doritos! I am not giving up my manhood to bow down to *******s anymore..

Im to good of a person to deal with jerk offs! Bottom line! no matter whether Im alone or not.. I'd rather be alone then to push aside my self respect and what I believe in..

Anyway to the question that I need advice on...My youngest daughters birthday is coming up and its on a weekend I have my kids..She wants a pool party and I am going to throw her one here at my house.. She also wants a Wii U which was like $300 bucks..

I talked to my ex regarding this cause things are a little tights so I asked if she wanted to chip in half for it with me and she agreed..She has been good to me but I still dont like the way she left me...

Even so I was thinking of telling my daughter to tell her mom she can come to the party if she wants so we can both give her, her gifts..I feel its a nice gesture but I also feel its being to nice to someone who left me and against my motto on treating people how they deserve..

I have three options,

1. Ask her if she wants to come,

2.Keep my mouth shut and wait and see if she asks and say yes.

3. keep my mouth shut and if she asks say Its not a good idea..

I have beat myself over the head 1000 times since the breakup because there are just some questions you just dont know the right answer to..It gets me crazy and makes me feel insecure cause i feel as a man I should know the answers..Maybe I am expecting to much from myself thinking I should know the answers cause we all at times go threw confusing situations we need to ask advice on..