Do Girls Find Asian Guys Attractive?

guest101

Originally posted by joel

ok what is short anyways lol. i am 5 7 8 is that ok and i am AM .

oh ya some asian girls don't even date AM take that. yea. some are like white washed by the media-especially the ones raised in american ...

oh ya to the guy that said no AF goes with WM lol -seen a lot of that in vancouver

ditto....

• 2 weeks later...
EmpTshotG1ass

I'm black and I absolutely love Asian guys! I'm attracted to them... I can't explain it. But I think they're great and I would go out with one. I don't care about race at all. It doesn't matter if they're Asian or black or white or any other race/nationality.

• 5 months later...
Prim&proper
Originally posted by mochaprincess

Well, I guess I should clarify on this. I was speaking mostly of Oriental Asians that I have met. Sorry!

Oriental is a very derogatory word and should not be used to describe those of asian descent. It's comparable of using the N word to describe african americans.

I have seen several Asian men I thought were attractive. Especially if they take care of themselves- nice dresser, good hair, nice white teeth.

I used to have a guy from Thailand that worked for me and he still works for the company where I work. He's a real doll and everyone loves him. I always thought he was cute but after I got to know him I thought he was gorgeous! He's just got the funniest personality, and it's been funny to find out he didn't know things like who Prince is!

I'm with Bubbles who said a big turn off for me would be a guy who walked around speaking his native language where I couldn't understand although I know it's often more comfortable for them to do so.

Obviously, where I live is quite culturally diverse. The pattern I've noticed is that Asian women date all races, and Black men date all races. Asian men date mostly Asian women, and Black women date mostly Black men. Hispanics and Whites fall somewhere in the middle, where they date within their own races and each other's freely, as well as dating Asian women and Black men. To the extent that my observations are in line with the societal pulse, it seems that Asian men get a raw deal.

Originally posted by Bubbles

Don't walk around speaking in Asian and expect a girl to be attracted to you.

This is true, especially as no such language exists. Has anyone seen The Cable Guy?

Originally posted by Prim&proper

Oriental is a very derogatory word. It's comparable of using the N word to describe african americans.

I agree, but can't think of a better way to describe the racial subcategory to which she was referring (in four words or less). Maybe the "O word," despite its offensiveness, has enough utility that we may overlook her faux pas.

Originally posted by Prim&proper

Oriental is a very derogatory word and should not be used to describe those of asian descent. It's comparable of using the N word to describe african americans.

ditto... it is a very offensive word. sadly, many asians don't even know it themselves.

as for the original question, asian men in general, aren't considered *attractive* physically because mainstream perception of male beauty is that of a tall, dark, well-built (i.e. muscular) guy.... there aren't many asian men like that.

This question surprised me, because I've always found Asian men attractive and didn't realise that many women didn't. I've dated more Asian guys than "white" guys, I think. Partly, that's because at my college and in my faculty there simply were more Asian guys, but it's also because I'm attracted to well groomed, gentle and intellectual men with a strong work ethic - a la Chinese guys especially. I think the main problem Asian men have is often that they are somewhat shorter and slighter than white and black men. Whether that makes them more or less attractive would obviously be a matter of taste, but women are socially conditioned to look for a guy who is taller than they are, and that cuts down the pairing, if only slightly. I'm advised that shorter, slighter white guys have exactly the same problem.

Well, if you're tall and goodlooking then most will consider you attractive. But that doesn't mean if you're not tall you can't be considered attractive.

Good looking guys with average heights(around 5'10) don't seem to have problems. But yeah shorter guys whether you're asian or white or whatever don't attract alot of girls.Generally speaking if you're taller than the girl I don't see why she wouldn't date you if everyone else thinks you're attractive..But of course one person's idea of attractiveness may be different to someone else's.

To the comment that there aren't many, that may be your opinion but that isn't a "fact".. Just because you don't see many where you are doesn't mean there aren't many. I've travelled around the world(Europe, Asia, North America) and I think my observations would be closer to the truth.. ;)

From what I've seen there are. In Asia average heights have increased over the years as diet/nutrition has improved, especially in the more prosperous areas. I saw alot of tall asians in some of the asian countries I visited. In china 7+ footers aren't uncommon, NBA scouts now travel there hoping to find their next "giant" superstar. Also, asians who grow up in western countries on average are taller. I'm 6'1 myself.

Anyway, I think this topic is strange. If you're goodlooking and people consider you attractive then you ARE attractive. It depends on your own "attractiveness level" not on whether you're asian. I'm sure goodlooking asian guys don't have probelms getting dates with women. I haven't had any. :laugh: The girls that I've been with said that it wasn't because I was asian, they dated me because they thought I was attractive, I was just another "guy" to them. Me being asian wasn't an issue, of course I've met a few girls that have dated asian guys before and preferred asian guys so they were unreserved about that.

Originally posted by jemedy

This question surprised me, because I've always found Asian men attractive and didn't realise that many women didn't. I've dated more Asian guys than "white" guys, I think.

There are many who do, so doesn't bother me. It's actually becoming more common in some areas. It seems that lots of asian guys don't approach non-asian women or maybe you'd see more of it. Everyone has preferences and can choose whoever they want to date..But you shouldn't knock something you haven't tried. :p

Could those of you who find the term "Oriental" offensive please elaborate on why this is? Excuse my naivete but I don't see this as being bad in any way.

On the subject of offense, I'm white. Go ahead and call me a corn fed, cracker a$$ honky motherf'er all you want. I won't get mad. None of it matters.

Please enlighten me.

VirginiaBob

"Do Girls Find Asian Guys Attractive?"

No, they find them quite awkward looking. Focus on your job and becoming richer because one thing women love above looks is money.

phidelt127

Hi I'm an asian american (100% Korean, but adopted) and I'd like to clarify all of the things here. lol

Could those of you who find the term "Oriental" offensive please elaborate on why this is? Excuse my naivete but I don't see this as being bad in any way.

We would prefer the term "asian". Oriental is an object, like rug.

Hi I'm extremely shallow and had always been told Chinese/Japanese guys were not well endowed.

This is not true. While on average, we may be smaller than other races, I have had some comments about how I don't fit the stereotype. Besides, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean.

Asian men date mostly Asian women

Not where I come from. Vice versa as well.

Oh and by the way, I have a firm grip on the english language. Since I was raised in the US it was my first language. I may have a hell of a Boston accent, but it's still english. I can't say I haven't had my troubles with women, but I can't say it was because I'm asian. It's because I used to be a WUSS.

Confidence is key. Women are attracted to confidence and self esteem. Women, tell me if I'm wrong. White, black, asian, latino, indian, eskimo, merman, blah blah blah... Your problem might not be because your asian, it might be because you're not confident enough.

SO, if any women out there want to meet an asian guy who is good looking, well endowed, dates other races, is courteous, kind, generous AND confident, let me know.

Originally posted by UCFKevin

I wanna know why, from what I see, Asian girls usually only date Asian guys. What gives?

Not true. A lot of asian woman go out with caucasian men simply because most Asian men are brought up to show no emotion to their women at all.

No matter what race or ethnicity, confidence is what turns me on in a man. I've dated men who weren't that attractive on the surface; their confidence and charm drew me. But even on the physical side, Asian men, especially ones who work out, have their physical perks too--like their smooooth skin, yum. A great advantage over hairy white guys, IMHO.

That said, racism infuses the culture and creeps into people's minds in insidious ways. Take the highly emasculated media stereotypes of Asian men in the U.S. But it's cool that Asian action films (and their awesome heroic leads) are crossing over, like Jet Li and the guy from Crouching Tiger. Yowza.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, I've noticed more and more Asian man - White woman couples around. I have a friend who's a Korean American guy who has no problems dating women of any race--he's just a super cool guy, and nice to boot. There's just a lot of interracial dating of all kinds around here.

BTW, the proper term in lieu of "Oriental" Asian is East Asian (and I guess also Southeast Asian). The Indian subcontinent is South Asia. These are geographical (not racial) terms, whereas the idea "Oriental" has imperial and racist origins--back during the height of the British Empire, the word referred to anything east of Europe, basically.

DRTOMCRUISEMD

I have a friend who is asian who has a hot young white wife. She is his little princess and spends his money like mad. It's almost like he is her slave. Just goes to show you that even if you are a funny looking asian, you can still get a hot wife if you have some dough in your pocket.

Well.. I was married to a bangladeshie asian guy.. who was decent looking.. however, culturally we were not a match.. even though he tried to fit in.. and unfortunately it turns out he was a very convincing liar and after finding out a few things the hard way I divorced him..

I think asian guys are okay as long as they are raising in western society.. if they are fresh off the boat like mines was.. well it causes a lot of issues...

Originally posted by MikeE

On the subject of offense, I'm white. Go ahead and call me a corn fed, cracker a$$ honky motherf'er all you want. I won't get mad. None of it matters.

Please enlighten me.

for your enlightenment (and to those who are unaware as well):

http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_article.html?article_id=143

phidelt127
No matter what race or ethnicity, confidence is what turns me on in a man. I've dated men who weren't that attractive on the surface; their confidence and charm drew me.

Exactly what I've been saying all along.

But even on the physical side, Asian men, especially ones who work out, have their physical perks too--like their smooooth skin, yum. A great advantage over hairy white guys, IMHO.

Yeah I've gotten many compliments on this. Thanks for noticing! lol

Originally posted by DacaInaru

.. if they are fresh off the boat like mines was.. well it causes a lot of issues...

most of these people are looking for immigration or a green card. i know a number of indian or asian dudes who came to the U.S. on student visas and ended up staying permanently cause they married some ugly and fat woman who could not get a dude to save her life. :laugh:

actually....I'm being quite serious here.

I personally do think Asians are really cute. And well some may not be, or some may look a bit "femenine", but lemme say all Asians I know, both Japanese and Chinese are really awesome, cool, fun, sweet, cute, great!! guys.

Plus most Aians are really respectful towards women, the way theyre raised over there is often way better than the way theyre raised in US, seeing as most US guys i know are liars, players, irrespectful, only want sex, only care about looks, have i mentioned they only want sex???

Japanese guys have the hottest voices you could ever hear. Very manly, unlike most Us or Mexican men that have either girly or little boy voices.

Both of my LTRs were with men of Asian descent.

My first boyfriend was Chinese- he was born in China but raised in the US. He was pretty tall, slim, with beautiful tan skin, sexy black hair, and cute brown eyes. His teeth were the product of years of orthodontic work- not great, but not horrible either. He could not dress well to save his life! Dealing with his family was honestly the most difficult thing- they were very dishonest, especially to each other. His mom used him as a translator and had some real difficulties emotionally when we began dating.

My second boyfriend was born in South Korea, adopted to the US at the age of 11 months. He is about 5'10", with a broad muscled build to suit his height, and has a moustache and goatee. He has the most beautiful eyes of any man I've ever known. Personality-wise, he's American, but with Asian looks- an ideal combination in my mind. I didn't want to have to deal with a family from such a different cultural background again- especially after living in Japan and seeing what Japanese women have to put up with.

I've dated other guys since the breakup in January, none of which have been Asian. That was a new experience for me, as I had only previously dated Asians.

Both of them were at least as well-endowed as any of the white men I've been to bed with.

I happen to like the way Asian men look. Smooth, tan skin, not a lot of body hair, jet black hair and those gorgeous, gorgeous eyes- it's a hard combination to beat. I guess my one caveat that is true of generally all the guys I date- they have to be taller than me (not by a lot, but taller is good) and weigh close to or more than I do. Dating a man who is skinnier than you can be bad for self-esteem, especially if, as in the case of my first b/f, they make an issue of your weight.

I started dating my two exes specifically because they were Asian- I'm trying to focus less on looks and more on personality these days, but if a cute Asian man with a compatible personality came into my life, I wouldn't turn him away :)

rossi_girl

as a 30 year old, african-american lady, i've been dating asian men for the last ten years of my life. for me it was never a decision to try a new race so to speak, rather a decision to experience different cultural traditions. i respect the fact that in asian cultures traditional roles are observed between men and woman, and family comes first. this is something that i missed out on in my family, as it was female dominated and taught all the girls to be incredibly independent of men. almost to a negative end. by dating asian men, i was exploring their culture and learning wha telse could be found in the world. i've dated all types of asian men: korean, japanese, indian, philliphino, thai, chinese, hawaiian, etc. i should say that i am 5 feet, 9.5 inches tall and very shapely. it never bothered me that some men where shorter than me, say 5'7 or taller than me, say 6'2. as a very independent and capable woman, i never experienced a problem with the very dominant male personalities that i encountered. rather, i enjoy dating men that have a backbone!! laughing. most american men tend to be really weak emotionally and i find it to be a draining experience to date them. i would rather date a guy that is asian, that understands and appreciates his opportunites and does not take them for granted. i am aware of the issues that everyone speaks of regarding asian men and sex. really, i think it is all rubbish. men are men. some are more physically endowed than others and sexually more talented than others, but that has nothing to do with race. and everything to do with genetics and a good sex teacher!! personally, i find asian men to be incredibly beautiful men. really pleasing to the eye. as a women that loves men with black hair and brown eyes, i can honestly say that i am never disappointed. i would say that my only problem is moving from long-term dating to marriage. that is when all the problems regarding different cultures pop up. lately, i have been hearing the "its alright to date you as a black woman, but i could never marry you", "i must follow traditions in that respect". it is disappointing to hear this to say the least. and to be honest, i have no reply to it. how can they feel comfortable introducing me to their family and friends as their girlfriend, telling me they love me, yet not be comfortable with marriage?? for me, it is a non-issue, i will marry the man that i love regardless of his race. but, as i keep dating i wait more and more to become invovled with a new asian guy. trying to determine if i am the flavor of the month or really someone he will care for. i guess my reply is this: do i find asian guys attractive? hell yeah!!, do i experience any problems sexually with them? only those that arise in normal relationships. am i ever disappointed sexually? yes, if he is unimagnitive in bed!! laughing. any problems with our families? mine is wonderfully accepting and will i play it by ear with his. laughing. it has been a good experience all the way around and i will continue to date asian guys. after all i only desire the most beautiful men that i can find. :laugh: