Husband Left Suddenly & it's been pretty bad.

Hi Ms A and Happy New Year to you as well. I'm so sorry to hear about your fur-baby, I do hope the surgery goes well and the prognosis is a good one.

I totally get you on the "block" and bailing thing. I think that will be my 2016 after this past year of dating and a short four month "relationship" spun to being friend-zoned after the guy started talking to an old ex-GF from over a decade ago. It's good that your friend pointed out the attraction on the guy you liked and you were able to process it. I would like to get better at spotting the emotionally unavailable man before my heart gets involved.

I cleaned up my FB on NYE and decided "Yep, NC with any ex is not a good thing to take into 2016". Kudos to you on taking a healthy stance, there is nothing about the ex that you need to know or should want to know. He is a closed chapter in your book and now YOU get to write better chapters for yourself.

I think that is wonderful that you are doing the Divorce Support group and are able to help others get through the muck. As you know, and can also read here on LS, it's a process to work through from the hurt and pain.

Good luck on the job interview and hope you are still singing. :)

• Author
Misadventure
Hi Ms A and Happy New Year to you as well. I'm so sorry to hear about your fur-baby, I do hope the surgery goes well and the prognosis is a good one.

I totally get you on the "block" and bailing thing. I think that will be my 2016 after this past year of dating and a short four month "relationship" spun to being friend-zoned after the guy started talking to an old ex-GF from over a decade ago. It's good that your friend pointed out the attraction on the guy you liked and you were able to process it. I would like to get better at spotting the emotionally unavailable man before my heart gets involved.

I cleaned up my FB on NYE and decided "Yep, NC with any ex is not a good thing to take into 2016". Kudos to you on taking a healthy stance, there is nothing about the ex that you need to know or should want to know. He is a closed chapter in your book and now YOU get to write better chapters for yourself.

I think that is wonderful that you are doing the Divorce Support group and are able to help others get through the muck. As you know, and can also read here on LS, it's a process to work through from the hurt and pain.

Good luck on the job interview and hope you are still singing. :)

Thank you! I hope I get this job so much.. praying.. and I am still singing and playing acoustic.

Right now so worried about my sweet lab baby. I will keep updating when I can, so happy to see you. :)

• Like 1
farsidejunky

Good to see you back, MisA.

I have not really been keeping up with LS like I used to, but still have your thread on notification (the only one) with hopes of seeing you come out the other end of your divorce tunnel.

I know you likely know this, but he has moved on because he had started the detachment process long before you. That simple. Emotionally, I am sure you are not feeling that.

As for the guy that has cancer...are you a rescuer? Given your love of animals, I would bet you are. FWIW, my wife is the same way (she is a vet tech). But I bet you see that guy as someone who needs rescuing of sorts. Watch this carefully; it will inevitably get you into a relationship with a project. You deserve better than a project.

Other than that, just keep being the spunky you that you are. You will be fine, MisA.

• Like 2

Happy New Year Misadventure!

Good to see you back.

Best of luck with your baby. Hope the surgery goes well.

Good luck with the interviews. The New Year will be a wonderful time to start a fresh job/career.

Glad to see Pinto Penis is still in your rear view mirror and fading fast.

Blessings for your 2016.

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
  • Author
Misadventure
Good to see you back, MisA.

I have not really been keeping up with LS like I used to, but still have your thread on notification (the only one) with hopes of seeing you come out the other end of your divorce tunnel.

I know you likely know this, but he has moved on because he had started the detachment process long before you. That simple. Emotionally, I am sure you are not feeling that.

As for the guy that has cancer...are you a rescuer? Given your love of animals, I would bet you are. FWIW, my wife is the same way (she is a vet tech). But I bet you see that guy as someone who needs rescuing of sorts. Watch this carefully; it will inevitably get you into a relationship with a project. You deserve better than a project.

Other than that, just keep being the spunky you that you are. You will be fine, MisA.

Heya!! I actually had my PC crash and I bought a new one but didn't have any saved bookmarks I forgot about LS for awhile but I was thinking of you all today.

HOW ARE YOU?

And no.. nothing panned out with the guy with Brain Cancer..except to show me that I should question things about myself if dating a guy with brain cancer is not a dealbreaker. I think it pretty much was a safe bet for me because I knew it could not go anywhere.... but I think really.. I have come to like being alone. BUT I would like to also meet someone... but then... that means I have to go and meet people lol.

I have some new updates, will post it below.

Happy New Year Misadventure!

Good to see you back.

Best of luck with your baby. Hope the surgery goes well.

Good luck with the interviews. The New Year will be a wonderful time to start a fresh job/career.

Glad to see Pinto Penis is still in your rear view mirror and fading fast.

Blessings for your 2016.

Thank you and how are you? I hope 2016 is treating you kindly.

I am glad to have found LS again and should be posting more here and there.... if I can help others through my sad story then that is good.

UPDATES

MY sweet dog: My yellow lab does have cancer which I mentioned but she has had two major surgeries in the last 3 1/2 months. She has had her big toe removed (more like half her foot), several tumors and one big tumor that an artery was wrapped around. She was rough at first and she would fall over when trying to use the bathroom. But she is doing great now. Will be a long road and she still has cancer, maybe one more surgery, but I will be here for her every step of the way.

JOB: FINALLY moved from my pseudo job to a professional IT Job at the same company. Sad part is that its an hour away each way but I am getting paid alot more.. but sadly.. in a higher tax bracket and I cried at my first paycheck expecting more lol.. I have vet bills to pay for that I had put on my credit card. But I was sad. BUT at least I am doing something I love and I can move up.

HOME: Will be getting finances together and will start to look for a house or townhome in a month or two. I am kind of scared. I went out with a friend of mine last night and he has always been so successful, and I told him my fears. He told me "I have had that too. What if something happens to my job, can I afford this. We all have those fears." I totally never knew this. I just never had to depend on my.. by myself.. alone.. doing it. It's scary. But if I can do it... I would be proud of myself.

Relationship: This is the part where I say "Bwahahaha"..... What relationship? I just really can't. I dip my toe in for a second and then jump back and go back inside and say hell no. I know I need to get out there, I don't want to end up alone forever... but at the same time... I have come to like being alone. No one to entertain. No one to care about how they are feeling. No one to care about what they are thinking. No one to worry about problems with. No one to screw you over a thousand ways. No one to nag you. But then.. I start thinking also.... Yes, I do have friends.. but... No one to be there for you during special moments.... no one to share that with. It truly is a catch 22.

When my friends ask.. I say "I am waiting for someone amazing who will blow me away"... well.. here it is 2 1/2 yrs since doomsday with the ex when I caught him looking at apartments.....and I can't find anyone to move on with... he has... a girl that looks way too much like me. WEIRD.

So.... I will just wait and see and in the meantime.. just work on me and the dogs! Working hard so my dogs can have a better life!

If someone truly amazing surfaces, I will def come out and share :p

PLEASE PM ME and Keep in touch. I totally didn't even know about the PM feature til now. :)

I hope all is well.