Am I being too sensitive or does he have issues communicating properly?

starrynightz45

Yep, move on.It hurts, but at least he had the balls to tell you. Believe me, its worse when they give you all the high intetest attention and then bail.

If a guy is hot and cold, then his inconsistency is a red flag. You knew something was off! Good intuition as another poster said. Move on. This guy is not relationship material. Abandon all hope. Go to his next show with a hot guy and laugh and have fun. Don't do this to make him jealous. Do it for yourself so you can know that you are able to move on. Plenty of great guys out there. That could be your new mantra! Head up, heart open, moving on....

Edited by blueskyday
  • Like 1

OP, the confusing thing for me would be the fact that you've known each other for a year in some way, yet he didn't know you were looking for a relationship??

I'm calling BS on that one.

Meh... I think he IS a tool who tried to maneuver you into a FWB or casual dating situation and you didn't go along with it. Good for you for not going along with it.

Good of him to FINALLY put his cards on the table before you had sex... my guess is that he did the math and realized he ought to be clear(er) or else drama would ensue... Not giving him huge pats on the back necessarily... but hey, probably a lot better than a lot of guys might do...

Anyway... like I said earlier... when men don't make you a priority... especially guys who have known you as long as this one... friggin' walk.

I would never have put up with his dancing around on the art show....

...here is what it looks like...

He dances around on art show... you don't show up. Any text you send is "Can't make it. Good luck with the show!"... you don't talk to him again unless he shows respect. Done.

• Author
starrynightz45
OP, the confusing thing for me would be the fact that you've known each other for a year in some way, yet he didn't know you were looking for a relationship??

I'm calling BS on that one.

Meh... I think he IS a tool who tried to maneuver you into a FWB or casual dating situation and you didn't go along with it. Good for you for not going along with it.

Good of him to FINALLY put his cards on the table before you had sex... my guess is that he did the math and realized he ought to be clear(er) or else drama would ensue... Not giving him huge pats on the back necessarily... but hey, probably a lot better than a lot of guys might do...

Anyway... like I said earlier... when men don't make you a priority... especially guys who have known you as long as this one... friggin' walk.

I would never have put up with his dancing around on the art show....

...here is what it looks like...

He dances around on art show... you don't show up. Any text you send is "Can't make it. Good luck with the show!"... you don't talk to him again unless he shows respect. Done.

Well we knew one another for a year from

class but we were only friends. I had a boyfriend for a while. When things ended between me and the ex, is when this guy first expressed interest.

I don't plan on contacting him again.

• Like 1
lookingforlovenyc

is he interested in you or meeting your friends? I've had something similar happen to me several times. Usually when a guy wants you to bring friends, it's not a good sign. It shows that he's not interested in getting to know you. If he was, he would value your one on one time with him. He's clearly just interested in meeting your girl friends.