What is worst Drinking or Smoking Pot

Honey2005 :)

some people have respect, regard for others, integrity, good sense and some people don't.

it its pointless to try and convince anyone especially when they have make up their minds not to see reason.

and some people just like to argue.....just for the sake of it. pretty boring huh!

Originally posted by honey2005

Laws are made for everyone to follow, not just a select few. If you think a law is unjust, breaking that law won't do anything to change it, it will just get you into trouble. You should follow the law until the law is changed; there is no point in having laws if no one is going to follow them. We have a say in our laws, if you don't feel it's just, go about changing it in a legal manner.

It worked for the blacks, it worked for the colonists, and if you stick around for a few years, it'll work for the legalizationists. The prison systems are overloaded with nonviolent people who don't threaten society at all. Soon, fearful bereaucrats will have to address the issue.

Because you're endangering others, not just yourself.

Again, I'm talking about the legalization and regulation of marijuana. DUI, which already includes marijuana intoxication, will remain a crime.

It seems some people don't know it's dangerous to smoke and drive. I don't think we should risk innocent peoples' lives just so you can feel good about having the "right" to put something into your body.

Where do you get that? A lot more people die in drunk-driving related accidents than from drivers intoxicated on any other substance, and alcohol remains startlingly legal.

You're deliberately misrepresenting the argument for legalization. No one's advocating the right to endanger others.

My logic is to CHANGE unjust laws, not break them. Your logic seems silly to me.

Change doesn't come from discontent. Why do you think San Francisco married their gays?

Someone could think it's not fair for a neighbor to have better things than him, so he goes and destroys/steals his neighbor's property. Someone could think speed limits aren't right, so they drive whatever speed they like. You can't just go breaking whatever laws you see unjust.

Blah blah blah, false dillemmas. It's clear to society that laws against:

1. Theft.

2. Murder.

3. Vehicular manslaughter

Are beneficial for society.

The legalization of marijuana would:

1. Devastate organized crime.

2. Alleviate the prison system.

3. Increase revenue for goverments, locally and federally.

You have no case against the legalization of marijuana, and you waver back and forth from advocacy to apathy when it suits you.

Originally posted by cateinaus

and some people just like to argue.....just for the sake of it. pretty boring huh!

Oh please, it takes two. There's no reason to demonize me, nor my opinion, simply because you disagree with it--and masquerading such an attack into words of encouragement is pretty low.

The prison systems are overloaded with nonviolent people who don't threaten society at all.

There are other forms of punishment besides jailtime. They could always impose fines for people who smoke/sell/grow marijuana.

Where do you get that?

I get that from the original poster's comments, like I showed you.

You're deliberately misrepresenting the argument for legalization. No one's advocating the right to endanger others.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. I'm simply stating my opinion, you're the one looking for an argument.

Change doesn't come from discontent.

If you speak up about what you're unsatisfied about, you may get a change. I really don't think smoking weed will make it become legal, it will just get the smoker into trouble.

Blah blah blah, false dillemmas. It's clear to society that laws against:

1. Theft.

2. Murder.

3. Vehicular manslaughter

Are beneficial for society.

Everyone doesn't think like you. You don't have to have clear cut reasons to think something is "unjust".

You have no case against the legalization of marijuana, and you waver back and forth from advocacy to apathy when it suits you.

I'm not trying to form a case against the legalization of marijuana, and I can waver between whatever I wish. If you don't want to read what I have to say, you don't have to, but you can't stop me from saying it or thinking it. I'm not trying to change your views on the legalization of marijuana, but it is very apparent that you are trying to change mine. If you weren't, you wouldn't be needing a "case", nor demanding that I form one.

There are other forms of punishment besides jailtime. They could always impose fines for people who smoke/sell/grow marijuana.

So? That's not the way it's working now, which is why the legalizationist movement can't be swept under the rug.

I get that from the original poster's comments, like I showed you.

LS is not a sample of the population. Drunk-driving is a much bigger problem, compared to stoned-driving. People usually want to enjoy themselves when they're stoned, and they wouldn't perform mundane tasks like driving. If they did, it could still be a crime.

I'm not misrepresenting anything. I'm simply stating my opinion, you're the one looking for an argument.

You can't continue to argue with me, and pretend I'm the only one arguing.

You *did* misrepresent the legalizationist argument.

Quote: " I don't think we should risk innocent peoples' lives just so you can feel good about having the "right" to put something into your body.

See, you're saying that the legalizationist movement is about risking innocent people's lives, and your support is DUI's, which would STILL remain a crime!

If you speak up about what you're unsatisfied about, you may get a change. I really don't think smoking weed will make it become legal, it will just get the smoker into trouble.

Right, history proves you wrong, so I don't blame anyone for taking an effective method instead of 'speaking up'.

Do you know how long they've been speaking up, and simply ignored?

The way to get the issue addressed is to burden the prison system. If the system for getting things legalized/illegalized was as perfect as you seem to think it is (just speak up, they'll listen) then a different solution might work.

You don't have to have clear cut reasons to think something is "unjust".

We disagree.

I'm not trying to change your views on the legalization of marijuana, but it is very apparent that you are trying to change mine.

On the contrary, your support is irrelevant.

Contrary to what you keep saying, this is more than you posting your opinion. You're arguing for the illegalization of marijuana, and repeatedly claiming that you aren't doesn't change the fact that you are. Seeing as how you've misrepresented my argument, I'm merely defending it. Any attack on my argument that you make, as you have, will be met with a defense, since I consider the argument for the legalization of drugs pretty foolproof.

Originally posted by jvjrose

I think if you are a proven alcoholic, you should be stopped. You are out of control and dangerous. I am running for president!! or something

So should morbidly obese people be restricted from eating McDonalds? Perhaps we should not try to control other peoples desires and let people have the freedom to ingest anything they desire as long as they do not put someone elses safety in jeopardy.

What is worst Drinking or Smoking Pot

Smoking pot is worse than drinking pot.

So? That's not the way it's working now, which is why the legalizationist movement can't be swept under the rug.

They don't have the make it legal, they can just change the degree of punishment.

LS is not a sample of the population.

I don't remember saying it was. I was pointing out that there is AT LEAST one person out there that thinks it's ok to smoke pot and drive.

You can't continue to argue with me, and pretend I'm the only one arguing.

You're the one who wants facts and proof for what I THINK. I never demanded anything from you.

You *did* misrepresent the legalizationist argument.

Quote: " I don't think we should risk innocent peoples' lives just so you can feel good about having the "right" to put something into your body.

Notice the words "I don't THINK" in the above quote.

See, you're saying that the legalizationist movement is about risking innocent people's lives, and your support is DUI's, which would STILL remain a crime!

Stop making it seem like I have a case for keeping marijuana illegal, because I don't, nor do I feel like wasting my time to think of one. Throughout this thread I have been stating my opinion, which I feel I do not need back up evidence for. Therefore, I do not NEED support to say that I think smoking marijuana is dangerous, and that I feel it should remain illegal. I am entitled to my opinion, and it's not going to change.

The way to get the issue addressed is to burden the prison system. If the system for getting things legalized/illegalized was as perfect as you seem to think it is (just speak up, they'll listen) then a different solution might work.

They could just change the punishment, they don't have to make it legal. If they start fining people who smoke marijuana and not sentancing them to jailtime, what good is breaking the law going to do? Keep doing it, pay more fines, give the government more money? I'm sure they'll hate that.

We disagree.

I've noticed.

Contrary to what you keep saying, this is more than you posting your opinion. You're arguing for the illegalization of marijuana, and repeatedly claiming that you aren't doesn't change the fact that you are. Seeing as how you've misrepresented my argument, I'm merely defending it. Any attack on my argument that you make, as you have, will be met with a defense, since I consider the argument for the legalization of drugs pretty foolproof.

Me stating that I think marijuana should remain illegal is not "arguing for the illegalization of marijuana." If I was arguing for it, I would sit down and piece together a case to use against yours. I am simply stating my opinion, which I do not feel needs to be backed up by facts, proof, or a "case".

Seeing as how you've misrepresented my argument, I'm merely defending it. Any attack on my argument that you make, as you have, will be met with a defense, since I consider the argument for the legalization of drugs pretty foolproof.

How did I misrepresent or attack your argument? If I recall correctly, you were the one who told me to "prove" my opinion. I tried, you weren't satisfied, so I gave up. I in no way said anything you've posted, claimed, etc. was untrue. I've only repeated the fact that my opinion is: Marijuana should remain illegal, and those who break the law should recieve some form of punishment, whether it be jailtime or a fine.

This is like a bad accident. You've just GOTTA look. :laugh: I've forgotten, who's for what?! Who started this thread? Where did the poster go, did your question get answered to your satisfaction?

Honey2005's holding her own. :o

Does one have to be worse than the other? Who is to say what drug is worse? Are we the experts? Honey2005 has a point, the mj is illegal. What's to argue about? Alcohol is legal. The use of alcohol or mj is illegal when operating a car. Who are we to decide which is worse? Leave it to the experts. If it's illegal, yeah, I must be a dumbass too because I'm not doing it either. :p

Sorry, just felt like ranting.

Originally posted by tikibrandy

This is like a bad accident. You've just GOTTA look. :laugh: I've forgotten, who's for what?! Who started this thread? Where did the poster go, did your question get answered to your satisfaction?

Honey2005's holding her own. :o

Does one have to be worse than the other? Who is to say what drug is worse? Are we the experts? Honey2005 has a point, the mj is illegal. What's to argue about? Alcohol is legal. The use of alcohol or mj is illegal when operating a car. Who are we to decide which is worse? Leave it to the experts. If it's illegal, yeah, I must be a dumbass too because I'm not doing it either. :p

Sorry, just felt like ranting.

My whole deal is this: leave it to WHAT experts? The DEA? Which is like a bad accident in and of itself...

The "experts" are the ones who have sentancing guidelines which allow rapists and those who committ violent crimes to walk free sooner than people who sell pot (which is a nonviolent crime, I'm sorry if you think pot dealers have guns and whatnot).

Alcohol was illegal in the 1920s. Why is it legal now?

Experts = Scientists conducting FACTUAL scientific studies.

...Not LoveShackers, not a high school science project. Real scientific evidence.

You all can continue while I go smoke a bowl.....I'll come back.....and re-read what I forgot between now and then.

cinnamonstix49
Originally posted by tikibrandy Does one have to be worse than the other? Who is to say what drug is worse? Are we the experts? Honey2005 has a point, the mj is illegal. What's to argue about? Alcohol is legal. The use of alcohol or mj is illegal when operating a car. Who are we to decide which is worse? Leave it to the experts. If it's illegal, yeah, I must be a dumbass too because I'm not doing it either. :p

!!!T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!!!

Eventhough that obviously didn't stop the useless fighting, at least someone feels the same about it as me.

You all can continue while I go smoke a bowl.....I'll come back.....and re-read what I forgot between now and then.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey lets stop arguing okay

okay...God made grass.....man made booze..............who do you trust?

old saying I know....... :p

I hope you're not implying that I've harassed or criticized anyone, because I haven't.

My comment was not addressed to you or anyone in particular, but myself, but seeing that you jumped, all I can say is "if the coat fits wear it"!

Wow, this is a fantastic question! (fantastic is kind of an old school word, but it seems to work here!)

I think that alcohol is worst. I have never heard of someone crashing into another person while "high" and being convicted of manslaughter (I'm sure it has occurred, but not as often as Drunk Driving)... or someone physically being abused as a result of smoking dope. So, just my opinion, while it is legal (and I consume it, too) alcohol is dangerous.

Confused28

They could just change the punishment, they don't have to make it legal. If they start fining people who smoke marijuana and not sentancing them to jailtime, what good is breaking the law going to do? Keep doing it, pay more fines, give the government more money? I'm sure they'll hate that.

You're not sure of anything.

If I recall correctly, you were the one who told me to "prove" my opinion.

Then you recall incorrecty.

BridetoBEin2weeks

Look.. out here in cali.. i've been pulled over with a ton of weed in my car.. didn't get a ticket or anything. Get pulled over with a open can/bottle.. your ass is going to jail.

Drink a lot, well, well we all know what happens. I dont' even touch any form of alcohol because I see all the stupid guidos and hoochies here livin it up and acting like tards.

Pot, well.. do some of your own independent studies. I graduted with a damn good gpa from Berkeley, but the frats and jocks who drank a lot either dropped out or went on to do nothing with themselves.

It's not just a matter of personal opinion, it's factual based study. Do some. Draw your own conclusions.

My comment was not addressed to you or anyone in particular, but myself, but seeing that you jumped, all I can say is "if the coat fits wear it"!

Nope, haven't judged, harassed or criticized anyone yet.

You're not sure of anything.

I'm sure of my opinion, and I'm sure that it's not changing.

Then you recall incorrecty.

I really don't think so.

Listen, you can' t say it's illegal because it's wrong, and it's wrong because it's illegal. That's circular reasoning. I know potheads with better logic.

Okay, but what's illegality?

So if you're going to step into the battle calling drugs 'wrong', you should have some sort of base for your claim, and, as I pointed out, yours (wrong because illegal, illegal because wrong) is circular reasoning.

You're not just 'not fighting' for drugs to be legal, you're arguing that they should remain illegal, ergo, you're equally in the fray

See? I'll say it again. I don't need a base for my opinion, nor do I need proof, facts, etc.

I dont' even touch any form of alcohol because I see all the stupid guidos and hoochies here livin it up and acting like tards.

I could say the same things about many people I know who smoke pot...but I'm not going to judge anyone. :rolleyes:

It's not just a matter of personal opinion, it's factual based study.

This thread IS about personal opinions.

Ok, I'm back. Everyone knows I'm a God fearing Christian. It's obvious. But, I have nothing against pot or alcohol. You guys do know that Jesus' first miracle was turning water into wine....don't you?

I smoke pot. I confess. It's no secret from my wife, kids, in-laws, my side of the family or anybody who knows me. I don't see any sense in hiding who or what I am. It's a waste of my energy trying to convince anyone I'm something that I'm not.

With that being said, I don't believe that it's not what goes into our bodies that makes us a bad person, it's what comes out of our mouths, and out of our actions towards others that makes us a bad person.

Fact is that pot is illegal, and I shouldn't have anything to do with it at all. Christians are commanded to give man's law respect. I smoke pot, it's against the law, I will answer to God for this, you can bet your life on that.

I've had DUI's, and I've went to jail for pot. Truth is that it's dangerous to be under the influence of either one and get behind a 2000 lb. weapon, this is a lesson I learned the hard way.

If a person chooses to drink or get higher than the government, then by all means I say go for it. But please, for the sake of keeping me, my children and innocent people out of danger, indulge responsibly, preferably at home where you can pass out or laugh your behind off at something that wouldn't make any sense unless your buzzed.

Now, if you'll excuse me......I'm gonna load another bowl.

Scientifically drinking is worse and most people dont doubt that. Alcohol kills brain cells and is very bad for your liver and while pot is not good for your lungs it doesnt have the same cancer causing compounds that tobacco does. Tobacco smoke has the radioactive isotope polonium in it for gods sake.

And medicinally, i cannot even comprehend that some people dont think it should be available for people suffering from AIDS, Cancer, MS etc. To me, it is cruel beyond belief that anyone would stand in the way between a person and their medicine. These arent medical studies done by Cheech and Chong!!! Medical marijuana is endorsed by dozens and dozens of non-partisan scientific and medical organizations.

Quite frankly, I dont usually judge people based on their opinions but on this I will be honest in saying you are a fool and have been completely hoodwinked if you dont believe that pot has the potential to help the lives of thousands of people suffering from some of the worst diseases. Very sad that in this day in age we are fighting a war against a weed that has been PROVEN to alleviate chronic pain.

Quite frankly, I dont usually judge people based on their opinions but on this I will be honest in saying you are a fool and have been completely hoodwinked if you dont believe that pot has the potential to help the lives of thousands of people suffering from some of the worst diseases.

I think it's fine to use marijuana for medical purposes, but not for recreational ones.

honey2005, do you believe stress is a medical condition? It's a risk factor for heart disease, among other conditions, and marijuana alleviates stress.

Anyway, for those interested in seeing Reefer Madness, it's Public Domain.

Reefer Madness (1938) [mpeg-2; 354 MB]

loveregardless

Did you miss me? Did ya? Did ya? :laugh:

Well I sure as hell missed you guys! Anyway...

I see we're still on my FAVORITE subject...yay...

Honey, are you aware of just how many "medical" conditions marijuana can be used to treat? And how is the government or anyone else subject to DEFINING the difference between necessity and recreation. For some people...it is a necessity to use it for recreational purposes....like relaxing...for me: it is both medically and recreationally necessary. It was used by thr enitire world for over 20% of all medical ilness prior to its illegalization in 1938. Everyone from presidents to royalty "used" it for some reason or another. Jesus was annoited by the oil from the seed. The Buddah used it to sustain himself on his path to enlightenment, etc. etc.

Aren't we all just repeating ourselves here anyway. You can either know the truth, know all the facts, or believe what they want you to beleive. You pick. I made my choice.