What is worst Drinking or Smoking Pot

Originally posted by loveregardless

How so? I completely agree that "smoking" is "dirty"...I hate cigarettes...and once I get a vaporizer I won't be "smoking" the weed anymore, I'll be vaporizing it. I however must disagree about marijuana being a gateway drug...if you would like I would do some statistic searching but this is largely untrue. Also, if it weren't illegal then the criminal and hard core drug population wouldn't have so much of an interest in the "plant"; the "ethnobotanical" in the first place. Prior to 1938 it was 100% legal and responsible for the majority of the industrial needs of our country. This nation has changed quite substantially since our nation's fathers founded it, Washington and Jefferson for instance who grew their hemp crops as well as the majority of the nation and the world....would be astounded at the WAR which has been waged on the "plant".

"Pot Heads" are the most free thinking, non violent, community oriented people I have ever come in contact with...at yet the only thing they get credit for is the "loser, criminal" stigma.

Are you aware that the propaganda spread to rally support for its illegalization in the first place (back in the 1930's) was largely focussed on scaring the white population with stories of rebellious black and hispanics who smoked it...racism is a wonderful venue to use to get people to think what you want.

Educate yourselves people, with non biased facts...the whole truth is not even close to what they taught you in school.

oh my god, i heart you! :)

And this is coming from a non-marijuana smoker. lol I'm saying this on behalf of my boyfriend, heh. His cousin just bought a vaporizer and it's a dream come true to them. It's said to be much safer than smoking, thus completely eliminating lung cancer.

For a long while, I thought it was a really bad thing to do, but I wasn't informed. Afterwards, I stayed away from it because I have an addictive personality and I might just wanna be high all the time lol BUt nowadays I'll do it when I'm stressed out. I'm a really anxious person and the 3 times I've smoked it, I just mellow the hell out and I feel much, much better. Screw all those nasty medications for stress and headaches, marijuana does wonders for that. lol BTW, I really enjoyed reading your post. My boyfriend and you would have a very interesting conversation! Also, I used to think it killed brain cells. My boyfriend happens to be one of the most intelligent, perceptive people I know! What an open mind will do to ya, huh>?? :-)

to people who have addictive personalities, but for most, it is not. Some people will get addicted to anything...a tv show...a food...sex...gambling...etc.

yup! -points to herself- I'm an addictive person, heh. I wouldn't touch big-time drugs for that precise reason. Out of fear that i'll get hooked. But marijuana didn't hook me the way I thought it would. I smoked it three times and I decided to do it when I'm stressed. How convenient! :)

Originally posted by honey2005

mild hallucinations

Reefer Madness! THE SMOKE FROM HELL!

I've never said you guys have to hold the same morals as me, so I don't know why everyone is getting so upset by what I'm saying.

It's not about your morals. I applaud your morals. Unless you are undergoing chemotherapy, have trouble eating, have glaucoma, or some other reason to injest pot medicinally, it's probably better for your body that you don't smoke weed, than if you do. However, people get upset when you start advocating that your personal morality is legislated.

When someone who has smoked marijuana is high, they're actually much more careful when driving.

No they aren't. They are just as dangerous as when you're driving drunk. It DOED cause hallucinations, marijana is a HALLUCINAGEN, which means it causes hallucinations. The person's reaction time is slower, which means they will be slower to react when something happens, like a kid runs across the street.

Also, as far as health goes...it does have an effect on you in the long term because you SMOKE it, but there have been no cases about lung cancer related to marijuana yet, so it's still somewhat of a medical rumor.

Acutally it DOES cause lung cancer. If you will look at the site I've put in an earlier post, you will see that it is just like smoking 4 cigarettes.

Ultimately, just because something is prohibited by the government doesn't make it horrible. Remember, alcohol was once illegal, too. The only reason why weed is illegal is because it would be difficult to tax.

Like I've been saying all along, I don't think it's wrong because it's illegal. And if you'd read any of my earlier posts you would see that I don't like alcohol either.

And about being a gateway drug, I can't say I agree.

Well I do.

I think you should smoke some pot and come back and let us know what you thought!

Thanks for giving me some really bad advice.

However, people get upset when you start advocating that your personal morality is legislated.

I can't help it that I dislike drugs, one of which is marijuana, and it is illegal.

it DOES cause hallucinations, marijana is a HALLUCINAGEN, which means it causes hallucinations

Stop saying that. You make yourself look kind of uninformed. 1.5% of Marijuana smokers will get mild to moderate hallucinations off moderately low doses of 2% THC. Some people get epileptic seizures from watching Pokemon. You need to be informed before ingesting anything, including caffeine which you've never addressed why that's an okay drug to take.

Saying that it causes hallucinations is misinformation.

Acutally it DOES cause lung cancer.

It doesn't 'cause' lung cancer. That has nothing to do with the cannabis. Smoking ANYTHING is a risky behavior, and can lead to cancer. That's different than 'causing' cancer.

If you will look at the site I've put in an earlier post, you will see that it is just like smoking 4 cigarettes.

People smoke commercial cigarettes much more frequently and in higher quantities than marijuana cigarettes.

I can't help it that I dislike drugs, one of which is marijuana, and it is illegal.

The point is you support the legalization of marijuana, and then try to back that up with your morality.

Stop saying that. You make yourself look kind of uninformed. 1.5% of Marijuana smokers will get mild to moderate hallucinations off moderately low doses of 2% THC. Some people get epileptic seizures from watching Pokemon. You need to be informed before ingesting anything, including caffeine which you've never addressed why that's an okay drug to take.

Saying that it causes hallucinations is misinformation

I've said "high doses. If people can read they will see I'm not giving misinformation.

It doesn't 'cause' lung cancer. That has nothing to do with the cannabis. Smoking ANYTHING is a risky behavior, and can lead to cancer. That's different than 'causes' cancer.

People hold marijuana smoke in their lungs longer to get a better high. This "leads" them to be at higher risk than smoking cigarettes.

The point is you support the legalization of marijuana, and then try to back that up with your morality.

I support the illegalization of marijuana. I HOPE they keep it illegal forever.

Read about it. Then you'll be informed.

No, being informed means knowing both sides. Marijuana can cause mild hallucinations in people with abnormal amounts of lithium in their brain. Saying "marijuana causes hallucinations", just like saying "marijuana causes lung cancer" is misleading. You're not just misinformed, you're promoting the misinformation of others. Additionally, no research has proven that the dosage of marijuana is at all related to the likelihood of hallucinations.

To you, the ends justify the means. I hope others know better.

People hold marijuana smoke in their lungs longer to get a better high. This "leads" them to be at higher risk than smoking cigarettes.

Yes, some people do. However, cigarettes are commercially designed to be fast-burning and dangerously addictive. In general, people will smoke a lot more tobacco in a seven-day period, because of a chemical dependency, whereas if one has a marijuana addiction, they still suffer from a compulstion that takes less of a dosage, since it's not neccesarily a "two-packs a day" addiction.

As for marijuana being a higher risk for lung cancer than cigarettes, there's nothing conclusive about that. No research has proven that marijuana causes more cancer.

It's a fact that more people develop lung cancer from cigarettes than from marijuana. 80% of lung cancer cases are from tobacco smoking.

It's DANGEROUS for you to be posting inconclusive medical information on the internet, because people might see your kitten, realize they like kittens, and make the assumption you're credible.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/23/1728_57309

http://www.health-alliance.com/cancer/Lung/risk_factors.html

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth4.shtml

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/l/lung_cancer/causes.htm (It's understood that 'smoking' means tobacco)

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1516.html

http://november.org/stayinfo/breaking2/OralCancer.html

I support the illegalization of marijuana. I HOPE they keep it illegal forever.

You haven't reconciled that belief with anything but your personal objections.

Should alcohol be legal?

Should sugar? Remember Dan White.

Read about it. Then you'll be informed.

Sorry, my computer didn't load any more of your first comment other than "Stop saying that you sound uninformed." That's why I edited my post.

It's DANGEROUS for you to be posting inconclusive medical information on the internet, because people might see your kitten, realize they like kittens, and make the assumption you're credible.

I showed my link, and told the books I've gotten my information from. They can chose to believe what they want. And I'm pretty sure my cat has nothing to do with it. :mad:

You haven't reconciled that belief with anything but your personal objections.

If you and everyone else would recall that the original poster asked for my OPINION. I do not need to back up my beliefs or my opinions with medical information, statistics, or anything else to prove to you why I believe it. I am not trying to make anyone else take my views, and I would appreciate it if you would stop making it seem that way. No one has to take my word for anything. What I learned has been from health class, psychology and infomation on the Internet. I chose to believe it, and I don't care what anyone else believes. What the goverment says, what the tv says, what you say means nothing to me. I know what I believe, you know what you believe, so stop making it sound like you're the only person who deserves an opinion. My OPNION is that marijuana is harmful and I chose not to do it. I couldn't care less what you chose to do.

You waver back and forth from saying "it's my personal opinion" when attacked, and then when I say that's fine, you come back with "It should be illegal".

Sum of positions:

It's fine if you don't like it. No need to back it up.

It's not fine if you feel your morality should be legislated, unless you can back it up.

You waver back and forth from saying "it's my personal opinion" when attacked, and then when I say that's fine, you come back with "It should be illegal".

Sum of positions:

It's fine if you don't like it. No need to back it up.

It's not fine if you feel your morality should be legislated, unless you can back it up.

I've never said that it should be illegal because I think it's wrong. When I said it was my personal opinion that it was wrong, you demanded I give you reasons why, so I did. But all of my reasons weren't good enough for you so you kept asking for more. Well my reason is that I feel it is wrong and I have no need to do it. I'm not wavering at all. I've had this opinion all of my life and I am going to keep it, no matter if the medical evidence I find is good enough for you or not.

when I say that's fine, you come back with "It should be illegal".

I do think it should be illegal, but not because it's against my morals. I think there is no reason to legalize drugs that are harmful that can indirectly hurt others around them (alcohol, cigarettes, etc. included). If someone feels the need to do something harmful, they can jump off a bridge or walk in front of a speeding train, I don't care, as long as they aren't putting anyone else's life in danger who hasn't asked for "something harmful".

loveregardless

I am kind of starting to be aggravated by your additude here. you throw around so many adjectives here it's hard to decide which ones to comment on, but the one I am going to chose is "harmful"

and I really do like how you are being COMPLETELY hypocritical in regards to the caffiene issue. Just FYI, this is what caffiene does to your body:

Caffeine increases heartbeat, respiration, basal metabolic rate, and the production of stomach acid and urine; and it relaxes smooth muscles, notably the bronchial muscle. All of these changes vary considerably among people and may depend upon the individual's sensitivity to this drug, his/her metabolism, or upon whether the consumer habitually uses or rarely uses caffeine. How long caffeine's effects last is influenced by the person's hormonal status, whether he/she smokes or takes medications, or has a disease that impairs liver functioning.

Subjectively, people report that caffeine gives them a "lift." They feel less drowsy, less fatigued, more capable of rapid and sustained intellectual effort. They also report improved performance of some manual tasks such as driving. However, caffeine may restore only those abilities or feelings the person had before fatigue or boredom set in. Studies have also shown that caffeine decreases reaction time to both visual and auditory stimuli; it does not significantly alter numerical reasoning (arithmetic skills) or short-term memory; and it can diminish performance of manual tasks that involve delicate muscular coordination and accurate timing.

When caffeine is taken in high doses it can cause many unwanted side effects.

Caffiene overdose:

Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and can produce a variety of effects elsewhere in the body. The symptoms of a caffeine overdose ("caffeinism") will vary, according to individual differences and the amount consumed. Doses ranging from 250 to 750 mg (2 to 7 cups of coffee or tablets of NoDoz) can produce restlessness, diziness nausea, headache, tense muscles, sleep disturbances, and irregular heart beats. Doses of over 750 mg (7 cups of coffee) can produce all of the above as well as a reaction similar to an anxiety attack, including delirium, drowsiness, ringing ears, diarrhea, vomiting, light flashes, difficulty breathing, convulsions (extreme overdose). These amounts of caffeine may come from a single dose or from multiple doses at short intervals. Besides caffeine's effects, the essential oils of coffee may cause gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhea, and the high tannin content of tea can result in constipation.

Both quotes taken from

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffeine/caffeine_effects.shtml

Content & design © 1995-2004 Erowid.org

That's the end of the "I do not do harmful drugs" argument-period!

I think it would be a major mistake to even try it. I don't need to put a drug into my body to get a "high". I'm quite happy, relaxed, etc. the way I am without any illegal drugs in my system.

Obviously this is an untruth. Honey, I am not asking that you smoke marijuana, but from now on, please recognize the invalidity of both your statements and your arguments. You can have whatever opinion you want, but when you start repeatedly contradicting yourself then you should recognize how far from reality your thinking patterns lie. I support your desire to stay drug free...but you are not drug free and you nor the government has the moral RIGHT to declare which drugs are more "right" than another. Caffiene is just as harmful to you as it is to me it just doesn't make you pee blood.

Normella, Dyer, Otter, I heart you! :love:

Caffiene is also classified as a "psychoactive" wich means:

Affecting the mind or mental processes. Affecting the mind or mood or other mental processes.

loveregardless
Caffiene is a natural and legal psychoactive drug that stimulates the body. Caffiene tightens and constricts blood vessels. TMJ headaches get worse when caffiene is ingested.Changes in caffiene ingestion can worsen migraine headaches. Most patients get most of their caffiene from coffee. Caffiene is addictive and this is why so many people must have coffee every morning. Unfortunately, most patients get upset when asked to stop drinking coffee and soft drinks containing caffiene.

Symptoms of excessive caffiene intake

Headaches Muscle twitching Nervousness

Depression High blood cholesterol Restlessness

Heartburn Dehydration from urination Rambling thought and speech

Rapid heart beat Irregular heart beat Stomach upset

Increased blood pressure Diarrhea Difficulty falling asleep

Reduced depth and quality of sleep and more

Caffiene addiction can be so strong that patients experience caffiene withdrawal symptoms much like drug addicts when their drugs are taken away. Caffiene withdrawal symptoms can last between one and five days.

Caffiene Withdrawal Symptoms

Headaches Fatigue Irritability

Cravings Anxiety Drowsiness

Stomach aches Nausea Nervousness

Insomnia

Some physicians believe that caffiene contributes to miscarriages and causes fertility problems. With some women, caffiene can cause a fast heart beat called tachyarrhythmia and cause panic attacks. Caffiene is especially a problem in many TMJ patients who already experience panic attacks from mitral valve prolapse.

All information on http://www.atlantadentist.com/Caffiene.html

MARIJUANA DOES NOT EVEN COMPARE TO BEING AS HARMFUL AS CAFFIENE. PERIOD!

CAFFIENE SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS MORALLY WRONG! :rolleyes:

MARIJUANA DOES NOT EVEN COMPARE TO BEING AS HARMFUL AS CAFFIENE. PERIOD!

:laugh: It's hilarious how everyone is trying to make the girl who doesn't do the illegal drugs, drink, smoke, etc. out to be the bad guy.

I am kind of starting to be aggravated by your additude here. you throw around so many adjectives here it's hard to decide which ones to comment on, but the one I am going to chose is "harmful"

I'll just point out for you that the post is "Which is worse: Drinking or Smoking Pot."Not which is worse, caffiene or marijuana, because nothing you can say will make me think it's worse than pot. I will admit that I didn't know that caffiene had those effects on people, but that is where you and I are different. Now that I do know I am going to make an effort to stop consuming it. You, on the other hand, know the effects of pot, know that it, too, slows your reaction time, etc., yet you continue to use it.

I am kind of starting to be aggravated by your additude here.

I don't care how aggravated you are. You can state your opinons on how pot isn't bad for you, even though many medical studies will prove you wrong, and I can state my opinion on how I think it is wrong to do. That's it. MY OPINION. So continue to stay aggravated by my attitude, I'm not changing it.

you throw around so many adjectives here it's hard to decide which ones to comment on, but the one I am going to chose is "harmful"

Which other adjectives did I use? I'm pretty sure harmful is the one that I've been pairing with pot, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. all along.

CAFFIENE SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I know what it does I agree.

I think it would be a major mistake to even try it. I don't need to put a drug into my body to get a "high". I'm quite happy, relaxed, etc. the way I am without any illegal drugs in my system.

You said this was untrue. You have no way of knowing how often I consume products that contain caffiene. I try to watch what I eat so I RARELY eat chocolate, even though I love it. I do not drink plain coffee, though, once in awhile when I go to the mall with a friend (who is driving, not me) I will drink a cup. I love tea, but I'm too lazy to go in and make myself a glass very often, so I usually go without. So probably 95% of the time I have no harmful drug in my body, so my statement "I don't need to put a drug into my body to get a "high". I'm quite happy, relaxed, etc. the way I am without any illegal drugs in my system." is true.

I really do like how you are being COMPLETELY hypocritical in regards to the caffiene issue.

Like I said before, I had no idea caffiene could do that to you.

loveregardless
You have no way of knowing how often I consume products that contain caffiene.

I never claimed I knew how often but the fact that you do was answered by you several pages back:

Yes, I LOVE chocolate...and tea...and cappucinco

Although I am glad to see that your now changing your additude about caffiene...it doesn't change the fact that marijuana is not even near as harmful as that which you previously did yourself and I did not.

Marijuana may not cause some of the harmful effects you mentioned about caffiene earlier, such as "the production of stomach acid and urine", but it does:

make the smoker/inhaler have an increased risk of heart attack

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/22/1728_55387.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

harm a fetus if used during pregnancy

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/62/71754.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

and cause respitory problems.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/41/1685_52117.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Caffiene may be harmful, but so is marijuana. There are more problems some people who smoke pot face, such as decreased sperm fertility (even if the woman is the one smoking it), and, what I have just learned, may cause depression and Schizophrenia in later life.

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/53/61380.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

The links I've just posted were to show that marjuana is harmful, but I don't think it should be illegal for the reasons I've just stated (except for the harming of the fetus) because the harm is done to the person who choses to smoke it. I don't care what happens to them, after all, it is their choice. I do care, though, what happens to the other people it harms. Like I've said many times, to me, this applies to alcohol and other dangerous drugs as well.

I find it funny that the people who support the legalization of pot only managed to find the sites which showed the "good" things about it.

loveregardless

You think that I am not aware of all of the information about marijuana. HAHAHA...you are very entertaining doll.

Are you aware that the information you are citing is inconclusive at best. And it is not the marijuana that causes any of the respiratory or lung problems...it is "smoking" anything. "smoke" is what causes these things...not marijuana. And if you do not "smoke' it...then what is your argument? What if you ingest it? What if you use a vaporizer? Please do not tell me that I do not know all of the information. That is EXTREMELY ironic coming from you. You make me laugh! :laugh:

1. Regarding marijuana and heart attacks:

``If someone has such a bad heart that they can't run upstairs, they probably should not smoke marijuana, either,'' he said. ``But that decision should be left up to a doctor and not the criminal justice system.''

According to the study as I read it, people with heart conditions are supposed to be concerned, not every person who ingests cannabis.

http://www.nyu.edu/odae/mjheartattacks.html

2. The marijuana and pregnancy study you cited was done on ANIMALS in the US. Here is a study done on HUMAN WOMEN WHO WERE ACTUALLY PREGNANT AND SMOKED MARIJUANA.

It is concluded, that the use of cannabis is not a major prognostic factor regarding the outcome of pregnancy, but is an indicator of low socioeconomic status and use of other substances.

http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/wom05.htm

3. Marijuana and respiratory problems:

Someone who smokes marijuana regularly can have many of the same respiratory problems as cigarette smokers

The article I read for this issue indicated that marijuana smoke has more tar and is more damagin because it is smoked unfiltered - however this is not the case. All the regular smokers I know use various filtration methods, usually water. You also smoke less marijuana. I will smoke approximately, say 1/10 g at a time, maybe a little more, in my water bong, and be satisfied for 2-4 hours (depending on the type of weed). When I was a cigarette smoker, I smoked 1-2 packs a day, smoking at least 2 times an hour.

4. A woman smoking pot CANNOT have an effect on a MAN's fertility - sperm are produced in the male's scrotum, and are ejaculated full developed in a sugar-based solution that provides nourishment.

None of the sites I posted are pro-pot, or even pro-legalization.

I especially like the pregnancy study since it is entirely more valid than yours, which was based on animals that have an entirely different biology and genetic code than we do.

For those who are interested....

National Review Online - William F. Buckley, Jr. on Reefer Madness

Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica:

Here is an interesting quote from the jamaica study abstract:

At 1 month, the exposed neonates showed better physiological stability and required less examiner facilitation to reach organized states. The neonates of heavy-marijuana-using mothers had better scores on autonomic stability, quality of alertness, irritability, and self-regulation and were judged to be more rewarding for caregivers.

:cool:

Everything seems to be bad for us nowdays. The air we breath is polluted, the sun will give us skin cancer, the food we eat has too many hormones and chemicals in it, and it seems that everything we touch has the ability to give us cancer. Smoke a blunt, drink a beer, have yourself a big old cup of coffee and don't worry about it. If people can't see that marijuana is just a harmless plant, then they have been brainwashed by the media to believe that it is a horrible substance. Is marijuana healthy? Well in most instances no, but it isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

loveregardless
Everything seems to be bad for us nowdays. The air we breath is polluted, the sun will give us skin cancer, the food we eat has too many hormones and chemicals in it, and it seems that everything we touch has the ability to give us cancer. Smoke a blunt, drink a beer, have yourself a big old cup of coffee and don't worry about it. If people can't see that marijuana is just a harmless plant, then they have been brainwashed by the media to believe that it is a horrible substance. Is marijuana healthy? Well in most instances no, but it isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be.

EXACTLY. If you want to disect the entirety of our world...the air, the water, the medications, the food, the chemicals and pesticides used to grow that food, ahhhh....I could go on for EVER...for you to think that you are any safer or healthier in this world because you don't smoke pot is insanity!

for you to think that you are any safer or healthier in this world because you don't smoke pot is insanity!

Too true - remember that "cellphones give you brain cancer" scare? :rolleyes:

loveregardless

we could come up with a list of "harmful" things that would be a mile long if we had the time and effort to devote to it. How about this, why don't we make a list of how many things ARENT harmful. That would take a lot less time!

Are you aware that the information you are citing is inconclusive at best. And it is not the marijuana that causes any of the respiratory or lung problems...it is "smoking" anything. "smoke" is what causes these things...not marijuana. And if you do not "smoke' it...then what is your argument?

Actully LR, the teratogens from marijuana would enter the placenta whether you inhale it, smoke it, eat or, or whatever else you could possibly do with it. It is not the smoking that may cause one to become depressed or schizophrenic, it's the chemicals in the drug.

You make me laugh!

As you do me. You act as if you're well read on the subject, but I do one search on a site everyone who supports legislation of marijuana seems to trust, and I find hazards you haven't even mentioned yet.

The marijuana and pregnancy study you cited was done on ANIMALS in the US. Here is a study done on HUMAN WOMEN WHO WERE ACTUALLY PREGNANT AND SMOKED MARIJUANA.

Well let's look at another one done on women.

They have "higher rates of spontaneous abortion, pregnancy complications, and problems with labor and delivery. Birth defects are associated with marijuana use. Fathers' use lead to higher rates of certain heart abnormalities. Mothers' use is associated with mutant lymphocytes--deranged immune cell factors--which could later lead to higher rates of childhood cancers."

http://www.womenshealth.org/a/pregnancy_with_marijuana.htm

I especially like the pregnancy study since it is entirely more valid than yours, which was based on animals that have an entirely different biology and genetic code than we do.

If you want to risk the above problems with your children, be my guest.

My aunt smoked cigarettes like a train when she was pregnant with her son. Luckily (so far) he is an average, healthy child. But we all know how dangerous smoking while pregnant is, so here's to show that there are SOME lucky exceptions. We just can't know who.

If people can't see that marijuana is just a harmless plant, then they have been brainwashed by the media to believe that it is a horrible substance.

Sure, from what I've read it's COMPLETELY harmless :rolleyes:. I'm starting to wonder who the brainwashed ones here really are.

EXACTLY. If you want to disect the entirety of our world...the air, the water, the medications, the food, the chemicals and pesticides used to grow that food, ahhhh....I could go on for EVER...for you to think that you are any safer or healthier in this world because you don't smoke pot is insanity!

It's hilarious how you're jumping on everyone else's comments to make yourself look more right :laugh:.

we could come up with a list of "harmful" things that would be a mile long if we had the time and effort to devote to it. How about this, why don't we make a list of how many things ARENT harmful. That would take a lot less time!

The fact that there are other harmful things in the world doesn't change that marijuana is harmful, too.

I admit that marijuana is good for some things, like I saw a study where it helped fight a certain type of deadly cancer, helped ease the pain for ill patients, etc., but I don't believe it should be legal for recreation use. I'll state again that this is my opinion.

Well let's look at another one done on women.

They have "higher rates of spontaneous abortion, pregnancy complications, and problems with labor and delivery. Birth defects are associated with marijuana use. Fathers' use lead to higher rates of certain heart abnormalities. Mothers' use is associated with mutant lymphocytes--deranged immune cell factors--which could later lead to higher rates of childhood cancers."

http://www.womenshealth.org/a/pregnancy_with_marijuana.htm

If you want to risk the above problems with your children, be my guest.

This is not a study. There are no subjects, there are no references cited. Please read the jamaica study for an example of what a research paper looks like.

FYI, here is an example of properly documented research, since you most likely will refuse to read the article, which was funded by the March of Dimes

Additional research on marijuana and reproductive health is discussed in Exposing Marijuana Myths: A Review of the Scientific Evidence (particularly "Claim #7: Marijuana Use During Pregnancy Harms The Fetus"), by Lynn Zimmer, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology, Queens College; and Dr. John P. Morgan, Professor of Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School. See also the Portland NORML news release of March 7, 1996.

I feel better. Cited my sources. Thankyewverymuch.

With regard to the research context, it should be noted that virtually all the studies of prenatal exposure have been conducted in the United Sates and Canada where marijuana use is primarily recreational. This is in marked contrast to other societies, such as Jamaica, where scientific reports have documented the cultural integration of marijuana and its ritual and medicinal as well as recreational functions. 14, 15 Previous studies have had difficulty controlling possible confounding effects of factors such as polydrug use, antenatal care, mothers' nutritional status, maternal age, SES and social support, as well as the effects of different caretaking environments, which could lead to differences in neonate behavior. 8, 16 The legal and social sanctions associated with illicit drug use often compromise self-report data and render it almost impossible to obtain accurate prenatal exposure levels. 17

The Jamaican perinatal marijuana study provides a unique opportunity to address several of these methodological issues. First, although the study employed the NBAS to assure comparability with other studies, it was assumed that the full-term scale might not be sensitive to less obvious effects of risk status. Because the effects of marijuana were expected to be subtle, 4 and because the results of studies using the NBAS to examine the effects of substance abuse on neonatal behavior have been inconclusive, 6, 8, 16 the new supplementary items were administered to better capture the more latent effects of maternal marijuana use on neonatal behavior.

YellowLioness

guys guys! LOL.

Those who smoke pot know it's fine.

Those who don't have no idea.

Honey, mary jane is an herb that God made. If you want to get angry at anyone, get mad at God for making it available for human consumption. :p

Please read the jamaica study for an example of what a research paper looks like.

I know what a research paper looks like :confused:.

Those who smoke pot know it's fine.

Those who don't have no idea.

Keep telling yourself that. I just hope you don't do it while you're pregnant.

Honey, mary jane is an herb that God made. If you want to get angry at anyone, get mad at God for making it available for human consumption. :p

God also made the tree of knowlege of good and evil (or whatever it was called)which Eve ate the apple from. It was her mistake doing it, much like it's your mistake smoking pot, IMHO. I'm not angry at anyone, least of all God, I just thought I would state my opinion, which I have full right to do. After all, the original poster asked for opinions on a public forum, so he/she was going to get opinions from both sides. Sorry if you guys can't handle the one that conflicts with yours.