Female personality in dating [guys answer]

It's interesting something that Cerri posted earlier, about changing your type. I used to go for men that were insecure and felt they were hurt by women. I felt safer with those kinds of men because I felt they are less likely to hurt me and being insecure, we had something in common. But things went badly with each one of them. Other than that, they were also all white collar professionals, with stable jobs and very much above average in intelligence.

I wouldn't date someone blatantly insecure again.

Amen, sister. I did that, too.

I also went for narcissists who SEEMED like they were really confident. That turned out even worse.

I finally fell in love with someone perfect for me.

• Like 3
ThaWholigan
I wonder if your conquest mindset could be considered the ideea of allowing sexual attraction to manifest itself.

I also have to go for dual most of the times.

I have noticed that when i speak exactly what is on my mind, ppl look at me as if i was a nut; with gradual exposure though, it is something different.

Creating rapport in steps.

It could be, that is a very Plutonian way to look at it. Like I said, I don't really wait when I'm in that mood though, I just go crashing forward :lmao:

And I understand exactly what you mean by being dual. It is perhaps my benefit that (astrologically speaking) my Rising sign falls on the biggest shapeshifter in the Zodiac (Pisces). Socially, I am a bit of a chameleon. Like I said, some people think I'm wishy-washy, or they think I don't have a side.

• Like 2
Come out of the nut and explain yourself you nut. :)

K. :)

And ladies of LS, what type are you [honestly pls], and what type is your SO, what type were your ex's. Pls provide as many details as you can.

My nature ranges from aloof/shyness, to playful and outgoing. It all depends on the environment and the people around me. I’ve often been told that I am difficult to read, which can pose as an obstacle. :( However, those I've known from childhood to 20+ years know exactly how to read me. The more I see, hear, touch, the more I trust and allow myself to be vulnerable. Emotional, passionate and sentimental, I am very protective of those I care about - tenaciously overprotective and loyal and will be there at the drop of a hat when someone I love is hurt or needs help.

The dark side :D: My emotions can overwhelm me, I will either lash out vehemently (especially when my patience has been tested and tried) or I will retreat. If I lash out it is either head on, or from the sides similar to a Raptor.

I have two ex-boyfriends that were a significant part of my life who I was with for an extended period of time. Neither was similar personality wise, career wise and/or looks wise. But they both demonstrated a protective side, affectionate side, romantic side, and were kind and steadfast. I like the feeling of having a strong, stable pillar to lean on, someone who can help keep me grounded. I admire people who can open my mind to new ideas and share different perspectives than my own (as long as it doesn’t cross over into dangerous territory and/or go against my personal beliefs/core values).

So, that's the short version. The long version, would take way too long to type out. :laugh:

• Like 1
Charlie Harper

I am a magnet for women who:

Are very independent

Work out or do marathons-triathlons

Like to have some weird spun on the moment adventures

Like to talk about growing or doing something to make them better as a person.

WHY?

Because I am pretty demanding (but not BOSSY)

I am quite mysterious, I am dificult to know and keep things to myself and lots of women go crazy about a guy like that (I am that way I don't try to be hard on someone)

I am quite physical and like to touch people and have terrific memory so I can see someone for 2 or 3 years and remember exactly what they told, me names, places, work and such.

Since I have been told I am quite funny and I have this dark humor and self deprecating jokes, I tend to come by as a easy to get along guy...

of course I have attracted tons of weird women in my life but they cant handle my jokes or my standards on having a balanced relationship.

It took me like 6 or 7 psycho-controller types to let me know I cant handle woman who are controlling or insecure... to those I am always a "player" or a chauvinist... in the end is knowing what you want, what you can handle and what you really cant stand.... the more you have experience the less problems you will have in the long run...

Women who have experience are way better than inexperienced because they dont know yet what they want or appreciate what they have...

But heck having a crazy relationship makes really good histories.... like a Girlfriend I had who told me she was a witch and had all these inacantations to keep me at her side, man that crap is so much fun....crazy people....

• Like 1
I'm a theatre guy, so I like creative, confident, outgoing and "fun" types who aren't materialistic attention whores. Artists, actresses, models, etc. I look for women who are positive, open-minded and at least moderately intelligent (capable of rational thought), with a good sense of humor (sarcasm is a plus) and a decent amount of energy.
I'm also into the creative, confident types.

They don't have to be very outgoing, but the open-minded and intelligence is a big deal. Sexual confidence and expression is huge for me too - and the way the creative/artistic girls treat sex as an art synchronizes with my drive perfectly. Oh, and sense of humor - they need to have a bit of a goofy side to them. That's what resonates best with me :).

For an idea, I tend to date the indie/hipster types, even though I don't consider myself one. Two of my exes were suicide girls (google if you have to, but NSFW).

I'm not too sure about conventional models and actresses though. I work in the fashion industry and I'm surrounded by those types - and alot of them are pretty superficial and materialistic. It's funny though - with so many other beautiful girls around them, they can get pretty insecure/catty during fit modeling :D.

The designers, however, are the ones that fit my type.

Unrelated to anything except the Romanian thing....The best sex I ever had was with a friend of mine who was born in Romania. OMG. He was not only the biggest, but had the most stamina, most creativity... God, I need to move to Romania.

• Like 1
And ladies of LS, what type are you [honestly pls],
First strategy is curiosity and logic. Second strategy is fun and impulsivity. Third strategy, values. Can be open, warm, fun, loving, compassionate and bubbly; can be reserved, cynical, cutting, blunt, impatient and sarcastic. As a generality, probably not the most relaxing person you can be with but when the chips are really down, calm under fire and will fiercely guard your back.

I don't deal well with overly sensitive, irrational people.

and what type is your SO,
Logical, fluid intelligence, prefers directness but has a lot of charm and tact when necessary, very social and extroverted, loving and very protective with his inner circle. Can be manipulative but not in any harmful way. Has the male ego thing going but isn't trapped in traditionalism. Solid like a rock. You can't push him if he doesn't want to go there but if he cares about you, he's open to compromise.

what type were your ex's.
In general, logical with fluid intelligence. They vary from there.
  • Like 1

And ladies of LS, what type are you [honestly pls]:

-Sometimes quick to make superficial attachments but very, very slow to deeply attach to people

-Guarded

-Compassionate

Exes/people I'm attracted to:

-Historically my boyfriends have been ego-driven, narcissistic, socially adept and persuasive (good at getting what they want out of people, not always for good). Trying to break that streak. Also very smart. I love smart men.

Edited by tuxedo cat
  • Like 1

I'm consistently attracted to men who are highly present and attentive, as if the rest of the world dims out for then when you're nearby. Unfortunately I've discovered many of these guys are self-absorbed and see you only as an extension of themselves. They don't see the full complexity of who you are because their ego distorts their ability to really observe you. Their lack of boundaries makes you feel desired at the start but later on translates to an inability to give. I want to find a guy who is both present and giving.

• Like 1

I'm one of these people that deffo has a 'type' in looks & personality! Cant help it, its always the same type of girl who'll catch my eye.

I like girls who are little bit ballsy, little bit feisty, confident, give as good as they get. but underneath that there is maybe a little bit of vulnerability, a softer side. i couldnt be with a girl who was hard to the core - i do like to do the looking after, but neither could i be with anyone to needy or clingy - i just couldn’t respect them.

Plus i can be a git, i like a girl who pulls me up on that and wont have any of it!

I also like a girl i can have some fun with, im an outdoorsy guy - i'm not gonna spend half my life not having fun cause im trapped indoors somewhere to keep the missus happy! not necessarily like a tomboy but just pretty down to earth, up for anything!

I find girls who are spontaneous pretty attractive because im just not, even if i only have like a minuet to think about something i cant help but draw up a detailed plan in my head of like all options and outcomes so i find people who just act and think about the details later attractive

Im probably a massive hypocrite tbh because i dont like a girl who's a push over but at the same time shed have to be accepting of the fact that my family, friends, sport & job are big parts of my life!

Im pretty picky but theres nothing i wouldnt do for a girl i loved!