I put a man in the hospital for slapping my best female friend...What does this mean?

MercuryMorrison1

ChessPieceFace
Consequences SHOULD be disproportionate to the crime. Then you won't ****ing do it again.

If we tortured people for a week before executing them for stealing, what do you think the rate of theft would be in this country?

That's psychotic.

To the OP: A lot of folks have weighed in on both sides of whether what you did was an appropriate level of response or not. You have expressed some remorse, etc. I have a question for you - now that you've had a chance to think about it and have a little bit of distance from the event, what do you think your response should have been? Or put another way, if you could go back and change history, or if you imagine something similar happening again, what would you want your response to be?

What person do you want to be in that situation?

• Author
MercuryMorrison1
To the OP: A lot of folks have weighed in on both sides of whether what you did was an appropriate level of response or not. You have expressed some remorse, etc. I have a question for you - now that you've had a chance to think about it and have a little bit of distance from the event, what do you think your response should have been? Or put another way, if you could go back and change history, or if you imagine something similar happening again, what would you want your response to be?

What person do you want to be in that situation?

You know...I actually intended for my last post to be my ''last post'' on this site...But after reading over a few of these and giving my nerve's some time to settle down some I feel comfortable anwsering your question.

I agree that what I've done was not appropriate on any level, though I am glad that I didn't stand ideally by while this man did in fact strike a very good friend of mine, I also agree that I went over the top and that is my issue here.

Though many of you may not beleive it based on this post alone, I've really never had any issues with anger...That's what scared me about this whole event, I mean yes I had been in little scuffles back in grade school and what have you...Most of us have right? But I've never gone so over the top in a fight, I didn't even know that I was capable of losing it like that.

If I could go back in time persay and do it all over again, I suppose that I would try and keep my emotions in check better, But I most certianly would not stand by and just let it happen. I would just hopefully handel it better. As terrible as this event was, It was a very good learning experience for me, and I just hope that if I'm ever confronted with those feelings again I will know be armed with the knowledge of how to better control myself.

And just for the record. This wasn't completely a ''white knight'' thing...I mean yes I was extreamly pissed off because I just whitnessed a 6,1 200lb guy slap my 5,3 120lb friend. I would have been pissed off as well had that friend been a 5,3 120lb man and I would have intercepted in that situation as well...The question at hand, that still rings in my mind though...Is why did I go so over the top this time? Was it because she was a female? Was it because she was a friend? Was it because I want more from her?...I don't know.

Edited by MercuryMorrison1
Quest4_TheLost

I think you can only really answer that for yourself. You obviously care about her because she is a friend. However I've seen men stick up for women they didn't know at all.

The question at hand, that still rings in my mind though...Is why did I go so over the top this time? Was it because she was a female? Was it because she was a friend? Was it because I want more from her?
She could have just as easily been your sister or mother; it doesn't have to be sexual/romantic feelings which trigger the 'protection' response. Now you know, clearly, what your potentials are. It's really good information. Something to be refined, honed and respected. Good luck.
  • Like 2

You went over the line because you want to sleep with her, and finally had an excuse to manifest all that built up rage over her picking him instead of you. Which is fine really. The end result was healthy for him, healthy for you and healthy for her.

And stop having a fit and talking about leaving the forum because you don't like some of the replies. It's only going to get you trolled harder.

When did I say he shouldn't have stepped in to protect his friend? Of course he should, even if that means throwing a couple of punches. Did you miss the part where the OP stated he intended to kill? Do you think putting a guy in the hospital was the right thing to do?

All I'm saying is, for his own good, he wants to get down to the bottom of why he lashed out so badly so he doesn't end up in prison or coming up against someone even stronger than him (though it takes a real coward to hit a woman). I hope lessons were learned, but it was a good thing he stepped into her defense.

I don't know about "right" thing, but i wouldn't be shedding any tears if the guy ended up in the hospital or dead.

I agree with the 2nd part though.

I would have been pissed off as well had that friend been a 5,3 120lb man and I would have intercepted in that situation as well...The question at hand, that still rings in my mind though...Is why did I go so over the top this time? Was it because she was a female? Was it because she was a friend? Was it because I want more from her?...I don't know.

I think it was very Forrest Gump of you.

I wouldn't overanalyze why you did it if I were you. It was the right thing to do.

If you didn't do anything you'd probably be questioning yourself a whole more. Plus people who sit idly by and don't get involved are looked down way worse and if you did nothing you'd be criticized for that too.

Plus you'd probably feel real bad about yourself too. Now you can stop thinking about it by recognizing you only did what needed to be done.

Someone should have smacked that guy a long long time ago.

From someone who has been physically hurt by a man, I say thank you.

• Like 4
  • Author
MercuryMorrison1
It's because you're a sexist, try to convince yourself otherwise but there's no way you would've gone to this level if it had been a male friend.

Secondly this was your opportunity to vent all of the pent up sexual frustration over not getting to bang your friend.

PS she's totally going back to him, your white knighting didn't do anything for her sexually.

How about you go be a troll somewhere else. How do you know I wouldn't have gone to such a level for a male friend? How do you know im not bi-sexual for that matter?

Making assumptions like this about someone you know absolutly NOTHING about is sexiest.

Though I do agree with you're ignorantly based assumption that it could very well be sexual frusturation seeing as I've had it out for this girl since the sixt grade.

Oh and...

P.S

If she does go back to him, I will end our friendship forever. I can't respect someone who has no respect for themselves.

So much for your attempt at being an online Psychiatrist.

Have a nice life.