I put a man in the hospital for slapping my best female friend...What does this mean?

MercuryMorrison1

No, the logic is that women deserve special treatment. It's sickening to imagine the amount of sexists out there.

I think you're projecting other issues onto this.

• Like 2

All this talk about Bubba - I'll stab him and make him MY bitch :laugh:. Just because they are in jail doesn't mean they are the hardest guys in the world ;).

• Like 1
Quest4_TheLost

One more thing. I would like to tell you about an incident that happend about 3 months ago. My ex husband and some friends of his were at a bar. There was this really horrible guy there sexully harrassing the women and being crude. My ex of course being the "fighter" wanted to smack him. His friends talked him down reminding him of the consequences.

Things escalated and this guy actually grabs one of the chicks, who happend to be one of the guys gf's. Well the guy hauled off and punched him not even any where NEAR as severly as what you did. Just once the man fell to the ground. Cops were called the guy was taken for knocing him out. Later coming to find out the guy died. DIED!!!! From one hit. This friend is still in jail awaiting a trial on murder.

How does one human magically determine the physical strength and/or combat abilities of another human, gender irrespective? There are plenty of women trained to kill. There are plenty of men who couldn't raise a fist if they tried, even if killing is in their genes. Each encounter is an unknown. When in doubt, if there's no danger to life, walk away.

That female friend, upon being battered, could have easily pulled a handgun from her bag and shot the assailant dead. If she was properly trained, she would have. Being attacked by an apparently physically stronger opponent is an exigent threat to life and the training should kick in automatically. One never knows. Lots of potentials.

I'd say this whole event turned out about as well as it could, all things considered. Everyone is still breathing and hopefully healthier days will ensue.

Quest4_TheLost

I don't think this needs to sprall into an argument about gender lol..

Its a scientific fact guys have more testerone then women. I am pretty sure thats why some guy's fight for a living or even just for fun. I'm not saying that some women don't do the same thing not only could one pull a gun from her (handbag)- I prefer to keep mine in its holster. But hey she may even knock the crap out of him.

New years eve, around 11:00am Im at houseparty with some friends includning a girl whom I've known since the 6th grade and have kind of always had a thing for. Were all having a few drinks and ready to bring in the new year together...

Ok, so you thought you had her to yourself? Maybe you were looking forward to making some kind of move on the occassion?

At one point my friends ex boyfriend sends her a text asking her if she would come spend new years with him, she reply's that she would rather stay where she is now, but out of sympathy she told him he could join us at the house party.

Then she tells the thug he can come and join you both, knowing the history between you and knowing that it's not going to go well.

For the record this guy has never liked me...He always viewed me as a potential threat when he and my friend were dating, and even accused her of cheating on him with me on several occasions.

Again more history of her telling you what he thinks of you. Yeah this sounds like it's going to be a great party.

Well needless to say he shows up about 15 minutes after they finish texting, Its now around 11:40am. The first thing he does is spot her and I standing together by the stereo...

He come's over and grabs my friend and starts pulling her away, but it wasn't in a super aggressive way so I didn't think to much of it...

So she's standing next to you, the guy who the thug suspects she's been cheating with. Yeah even better again, this is going to be a great atmosphere altogether.

This is when it happend...In the midst of what appeard to be a realtivly heated argument from a distance, He rasies his hand slaps so hard across the face that she stumbles and falls backwards, Keep in mind this guy is my size about 6,1 190 to 200lbs she is 5,3 and maybe a 120lbs soaking wet...

This is where I start to get suspicious of their relationship and whether this was the dynamic beforehand. Maybe she likes those bad boy thugs, it just seems very strange that he would do this out in the open like that if there was no previous abuse before. Then I start wondering why she'd invite him over if this has been the case.

When this happend I just saw red, I remember it was like nothing I've ever felt before every action became instinctual my mind was blank, but somehow my body was in motion moving towards them he glanced up at me just as I was about two feet away from him, at which point I just wrapped my arms around him and we both slammed down onto a table which collapsed under our weight. He struggled to turn me over but I kept him pinned and then I just started slamming my fists into his face as hard as I could...I remember thinking that I was going to kill him, and I really intended to...I kept hitting and even when people started trying to pull me off of him I managed to maintain my posistion, eventually it took about 5 guys to pull me off.

The guy I attacked left the house with someone who offered to take him to the ER, I've since learned that I gave him a concussion, cracked one of his eye sockets and broke his nose in three different place's as well.

I hope that none of you get the impression im some kind of violent monster...I'm not, I normally battle with words long before I would ever raise my fist against someone. But I don't excatly know what this means, I don't think I've ever had such a strong reaction to anything in my life. Watching him slap her like that sent me into an animilistic rage that I've never experienced before. It was like total blackout anger all my mental facilities jump ship so instinct could take over...

You obviously went violently over the top here, your goal should have been to restrain him, nothing more, and call the police or get him out of the house. This should be a lesson for you, never get involved in other people's relationships unless you're specifically asked to help. Most of the time you never know what the dynamic is and you, being a white knight, could end up with serious charges against you and nobody there to back you up.

My friend was obviously very upset at the situation as a whole. She hugged me tightly and told me that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for her but that she couldn't be there at the party anymore anymore. She said that she would call me later this week and we could talk about this more.

Where did she go when she left you? To see him?

See this is a red flag, she tells you how sweet you are after pummelling her ex and then leaves. She's not your friend and seems to have serious abuse issues.

I can't help but wonder...Why was the reaction so strong? I've always loved my friend and always kind of had a crush on her, but this made me realize that maybe I'm really in love with her. I had felt so strongly about protecting her when everything went south it was unreal.

I'm also a little worried that she will be afraid of me now that she's seen my dark side...I've never acted violent in anyway around her, so I'm sure this was shocking for her to see.

My advice would be to stay away from both of them and be grateful you appear to have gotten off lightly here. She's not your friend and he's a thug. Also don't get involved with other people's relationships. Particularly the high drama ones.

Learn your lesson and move on.

• Like 1
One more thing. I would like to tell you about an incident that happend about 3 months ago. My ex husband and some friends of his were at a bar. There was this really horrible guy there sexully harrassing the women and being crude. My ex of course being the "fighter" wanted to smack him. His friends talked him down reminding him of the consequences.

Things escalated and this guy actually grabs one of the chicks, who happend to be one of the guys gf's. Well the guy hauled off and punched him not even any where NEAR as severly as what you did. Just once the man fell to the ground. Cops were called the guy was taken for knocing him out. Later coming to find out the guy died. DIED!!!! From one hit. This friend is still in jail awaiting a trial on murder.

I assume you have a link to an article about this? Maybe something from the local paper?

Nah, didn't think so..

Quest4_TheLost

Btw.. This isn't from an article in a paper. This was written by a faculty of medicine.

• Like 1

And to all <those> here advocating violence... well go ahead and spend 5-10 years or whatever rotting away in a lonely cell while everyone else involved moves on with their lives.

Me? I choose freedom every time, I'm not an unpaid bodyguard for anyone.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

That was an interesting article on the role of testosterone in aggression. I believe the other poster was asking for a link to a news report/criminal record of the specific event. Perhaps they can clarify. Thanks for the link.

Quest4_TheLost

lmao I didn't read the post you highlighted. Oh well we all have to play the idiot once in a while.. I'm pretty good at but prefer to laugh at it. :laugh:

Wether you beleive it or not is up to you. :cool: Sorry I really don't know if it was in the paper or not. Not every little random act of violence is in the paper.

Edited by Quest4_TheLost
That was an interesting article on the role of testosterone in aggression. I believe the other poster was asking for a link to a news report/criminal record of the specific event. Perhaps they can clarify. Thanks for the link.

Yes. I was looking for some type of writeup on the incident where a guy killed someone with one punch.

lmao I didn't read the post you highlighted. Oh well we all have to play the idiot once in a while.. I'm pretty good at but prefer to laugh at it. :laugh:

Wether you beleive it or not is up to you. :cool: Sorry I really don't know if it was in the paper or not. Not every little random act of violence is in the paper.

I don't think your an idiot and I didn't question what you wrote about testosterone/aggression. I just thought the example of your friend punching and killing a guy in one hit was over the top/exaggerated. Much like the OP of this thread.

Yes. I was looking for some type of writeup on the incident where a guy killed someone with one punch.

I don't think your an idiot and I didn't question what you wrote about testosterone/aggression. I just thought the example of your friend punching and killing a guy in one hit was over the top/exaggerated. Much like the OP of this thread.

That's actually not that uncommon. Enough force to the temple can cause a bleed which can result in death. It's the classic presentation of a epidural hematoma - guy gets in bar fight, is knocked unconscious, gets up and seems fine for awhile, then suddenly goes into a coma and dies.

• Like 2
Quest4_TheLost

Ok.. Well I assure you I'm not over exagerating. But will inform you I wasn't there to witness it. I would definetly argue with you all day if I were. But my ex has never been known to be a liar.

None of this though is the point. If you would like to go read articles about one hit kills, I've googled them and they are definetly there. So use that for your facts if you would like.My story of what happend is just what made me thinka bout it. I just wanted the OP to know what could have happend. I would feel pretty horrible about hitting someone and killing them myself. The fact that he did severly go over the top could have killed the guy.

This was all I meant by the post to begin with. So wether my story is true or not really dosen't matter. It does happen.

I myself don't advocate violence. You should definetly do your best to avoid it. In this case it was definetly avoidable. But what's done is done. I hope the (victim) realizes its not right to hit women and that the OP thanks his lucky stars that he hasn't been arrested.

But from the OP's posts he seems to regret it. Sounds like he has learned somthing. I'm not here to judge his story or anyone else's of being true or not. You really shouldn't call people a liar just because a story is hard to beleive. There are more then enough hard to beleive stories out there that are true.

• Like 1
That's actually not that uncommon. Enough force to the temple can cause a bleed which can result in death. It's the classic presentation of a epidural hematoma - guy gets in bar fight, is knocked unconscious, gets up and seems fine for awhile, then suddenly goes into a coma and dies.

Yes, I understand that can and does happen. And while I would label an outcome like that to be uncommon (I won't go into semantics because it accomplishes nothing), the original story didn't mention anything other than the punch (non-severe) and resulting death. So maybe I interpreted it incorrectly. Or maybe it wasn't written well enough. Most likely some combination of the two.

You really shouldn't call people a liar just because a story is hard to beleive.

I never said you were a liar. Maybe you read my post and incorrectly thought I was accusing you of lying. I'm in the business of using and asking for citations. It is simply a habit that carried over to an online message board. And it seems to be a habit I should probably drop because people hardly ever cite anything.

I find it totally understandable, she's your friend, you care about her, you may even be in love with her, along comes a guy who is way bigger than her and slaps her.

That's why your reaction was so strong.

I must admit, i think you did the right thing coming to the defense of your female friend. It wasn't the method in which you defended him that concerns me, rather the degree and frame of mind to which you used the physical violence.

You were in an uncontrollable rage. That is scary and you admit a dark side of yourself. Saying that, you were right to defend your friend.

I must admit, i think you did the right thing coming to the defense of your female friend. It wasn't the method in which you defended him that concerns me, rather the degree and frame of mind to which you used the physical violence.

You were in an uncontrollable rage. That is scary and you admit a dark side of yourself. Saying that, you were right to defend your friend.

Uncontrollable rage is understandable considering what happened.

She may see it like that. The dark side isn't the act of defending her, it was the uncontrolled rage that ensued.

Understandable, but not excusable.

Look, i'm not faulting him for hitting the guy. It seemed excessive that's clear.

• Like 1
RogerWallace111

what f*ckin ever !

hitting the guy was the correct response in my opinion. injuring him to that extent, no- should have stopped halfway through. but, if anything would set me off, it would be a guy hitting a girl, so i can understand losing control a little.

p.s. i haven't been in a real fight since 8th grade & i hate watching people get beat up badly

I like how our society is so messed up that you're supposed to express remorse for beating up a guy who hit a woman for no reason.

Ive seen this sort of over the top 'knight to avenge her honor' revenge over a woman being slapped or even just grabbed by a guy or even just verbally abused by some guy. I can understand why a guy would get upset over seeing his female friend getting slapped by a guy (ex bf in this case) but cant explain why such guys see red to such degree where they treat it like an open ticket to go bezerk on the guy to a much greater degree than the original incident.

This a case of slap which leaves a red mark for 1/2 hr VS sending a guy to the ER + possible long term injuries + wanting to 'kill the guy' until 5 others come to his rescue. If the OP had walked over to the dude and said don't touch my friend like that again, and bopped him one, I'd say fair enough, but wanting to kill the guy or give him lifelong damage, is waay over the top show of strength. I could believe the OP is not normally a violent guy, but I couldn't believe it that he has no anger management issues.

• Like 1

so, a woman gets slapped and has no physical harm to her and you beat a guy enough to break his face and put him in the ER? Yeah, sounds about equal. That's like me shooting someone stealing a lady's purse on the street. The level of response from you was WAY out of proportion to what happened. You could have shoved the guy down and that's it. You should be in jail, count yourself lucky you got away with it. Next time this happens, you may not be so lucky.

• Like 1
so, a woman gets slapped and has no physical harm to her and you beat a guy enough to break his face and put him in the ER? Yeah, sounds about equal. That's like me shooting someone stealing a lady's purse on the street. The level of response from you was WAY out of proportion to what happened. You could have shoved the guy down and that's it. You should be in jail, count yourself lucky you got away with it. Next time this happens, you may not be so lucky.

Consequences SHOULD be disproportionate to the crime. Then you won't ****ing do it again.

If we tortured people for a week before executing them for stealing, what do you think the rate of theft would be in this country?