I put a man in the hospital for slapping my best female friend...What does this mean?

MercuryMorrison1

Hitting a women isn't something I will stand for, if I seen it, I would be hitting the guy but only once unless he tried to hit back, to avoid charges or issues if you only hit once you have nothing to worry about. It happened at a party at your friends right? You have witnesses to ALL back you up and make SURE he is the bad guy, not saying to lie but to spin it to make sure you were protecting her. Really depends how bad of shape he's in if you have to worry about charges. I've seen it plenty of times over the years and never any charges, even when it happens in public locations. You crossed the line going that far, but still there is NEVER any excuse to hit a women.

I agree with this. The guy deserved it, a punch or a violent shove to let him know he's been a dick, but to pin him to the ground and punch till he has to go to A&E? That's just stupid, you're asking for trouble there. You went too far

• Author
MercuryMorrison1
Why are people so fixated on labeling this with words such as "assault" "crime" "police" "prison"...

Is this a site full of sissified snitches or what?

ffs men have been rolling their sleeves up since the dawn of time to settle differences, it's no big deal stop being pussies and get over it.

And just because I don't like the OP I'm going to say it again, you're a D-bag.

Hmm...Guess your just going to have to deal with my douche baggery. :laugh:

• Like 1
dreamingoftigers

I have "seen red" in the past, it is a place I don't recommend people go.

I often wonder how many average, normal people just hit that wrong trigger and "see red."

OP, what it tells you: it tells you he won't be doing it again anytime soon.

• Like 1
Obvious made up story.

Op wouldn't be posting on LS if this really happened...unless he's posting from a holding cell.

Or maybe just vastly exaggerating what really happened.

But im glad op thought enough of us to want to come and share his "stories" with us. I feel special.

Why? Even if the guy does press charges or try, it doesn't happen instantly and even then a lot of times never officially arrested or spend anytime in jail. No one in their right mind who seen it would call the cops, the only person with a interest in that would be the guy who got hit. Even then, he would be facing about the same charges. Not to mention, depending on the situation a lot of the time police aren't involved because people will make it worse on the person if they try to press charges when they deserved what they got.

The guy deserved a hit, but it sounds like u went too far. It was a serious assault.

Guys should never hit a girl, and if yr friend did indeed react as u say, it does sound like she knew exactly what she was at and was playing head games with hik.

Bringing a bf or general interest over only to have u skulking around with her. No doubt you run around after her lwith the "i think i love her" "we are such friends" bs wrecking every guys head she ever goes out with.

If u want her make a godamn move and stop lurking in the shadows of other guys. Grow some basically! That's of course if u donth end up doing a few months inside for assault.

• Like 1

I look forward to the $20,000+ you're going to lose in the lawsuit. The woman will probably go for you since she's clearly attracted to violent men. I'd be weary of any woman who thinks it's "sweet" that someone was sent to the ER.

Way to be "that guy". Since this was so out of character it must have been your first real fight, right?

• Like 1
  • Author
MercuryMorrison1

*UPDATE*

Talked to the guy today...No charges are going to be filed, he just wants a 100 foot restraining order.

So you to all of you wishing ill on me for defending a friend...You can suck it!

Gameover/Story ended.

Have a nice life loveshack.

todreaminblue
*UPDATE*

Talked to the guy today...No charges are going to be filed, he just wants a 100 foot restraining order.

So you to all of you wishing ill on me for defending a friend...You can suck it!

Gameover/Story ended.

Nobody wished ill on you so we dont have to suck anything but chupa chups buddy..:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:.....a lot of people said things about jsutice.I just think you shouldnt have done what you did and recommended therapy......thats for you to get better not sicker......good luck.....deb

Edited by todreaminblue
ChessPieceFace
*UPDATE*

Gameover/Story ended.

Doesn't matter, you're still a psychotic who will do it again, and then bubba will be pounding you from behind sometime later.

*UPDATE*

Gameover/Story ended.

Your friend should get a restraining order on that guy. Or is what SF said true?

Why are people so fixated on labeling this with words such as "assault" "crime" "police" "prison"...

Is this a site full of sissified snitches or what?

Maybe because what the OP did was assault? Did you ever think of that?

he glanced up at me just as I was about two feet away from him, at which point I just wrapped my arms around him and we both slammed down onto a table which collapsed under our weight. He struggled to turn me over but I kept him pinned and then I just started slamming my fists into his face as hard as I could...I remember thinking that I was going to kill him, and I really intended to...I kept hitting and even when people started trying to pull me off of him I managed to maintain my posistion, eventually it took about 5 guys to pull me off.

The guy I attacked left the house with someone who offered to take him to the ER, I've since learned that I gave him a concussion, cracked one of his eye sockets and broke his nose in three different place's as well.

You see, the underlined section is okay. You can get away with that and not have to worry about being prosecuted.

But the part in bold is going way beyond stopping the situation (the guy slapping the girl). It is escalating it to a whole new level - the level of assault.

I don't care what the reasoning or intention is behind the attack. The beating went way beyond what needed to be done and it was against the law, plain and simple.

You can certainly call me a pansy for classifying the incident the way I did. You have a right to your own opinion. I'd classify your view as crude, uniformed, and ape-like.

*UPDATE*

You got pretty lucky there. I'd have pressed charges and watched you sit in jail for a long time. Hopefully next time you use what little brain power you have before acting the way you did.

• Like 1

Assault is an act that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent, harmful, or offensive contact. The act consists of a threat of harm accompanied by an apparent, present ability to carry out the threat. Battery is a harmful or offensive touching of another.

Generally, when battery is a feature of the dynamic, the two go together and it was battery which put the other man in the hospital.

Had the other man threatened, like with a raised fist, the female friend, but did not strike her, he would be alleged to have committed assault. He displayed intent and appeared to have the ability to carry out the intent.

OP, you were fortunate here. I hope it taught some lessons. Assault and battery is nearly always charged as a felony these days and having that on one's record as an adult can result in numerous consequences beyond criminal penalty. I hope your female friend is OK and has discontinued contact with her assailant.

• Like 1

Not really understandable unless she had told you of abuse before and then that degree of rage seeing it would overwhelm better judgment... Stopping it is good, equal and opposite reaction, right? The issue is it did overwhelm enough you did it with no control. I have no issue with violence.

But I am glad he isn't filing charges.

GorillaTheater

My best guess as to how this would turn out in the courts:

If criminal charges were pressed, the prosecutor would go for a fairly lenient plea deal, particularly if you don't have a violent criminal history. Yeah, the amount of force you used was probably disproportionate to the level of provocation, but the DA is going to be wondering about how the parents, women, and older brothers on the jury will view the situation, and the temptation on their part to decide that this jackwagon got what he deserved.

Similarly, in a civil case, the jackwagon's lawyer may push for settlement, but isn't going to be too excited to take the case to trial for the same reasons.

Like others indicated, you got lucky, and I hope lessons were learned.

While I admire you for what you did - and that is heartfelt - in a purely legal sense you should have been hauled away by the cops and charged with aggravated assault.

I believe your friend was probably shocked, not only by the intensity of your beatdown of the guy, but by the love you obviously showed for her. It was a truly animalistic reaction on your part, but something I guess you could not control. I suggest you lay low for a lot of reasons - the guy could be hellbent on revenge, and the cops could still pick you up and charge you in this assault.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Mme. Chaucer

This isn't a story to be used to label guys as "white knights" or to talk about how "no woman is worth," blah blah blah.

This is about a person whose anger got completely out of control and it's probably an issue.

That's what it "means." That the OP has anger management problems.

I think coming to the defense of an assaulted person - even if it was a WOMAN!!!! - is an admirable thing to do. To pound him senseless (unless he was a fight to the death or something like that) is not reasonable behavior.

• Like 1

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Call me barbaric or whatever, but I'd do the same thing in your shoes. He's not going to press charges - the likelihood of you getting off is high and he'd have to explain battery against the girl.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Call me barbaric or whatever, but I'd do the same thing in your shoes. He's not going to press charges - the likelihood of you getting off is high and he'd have to explain battery against the girl.

I don't think I would have beat him up quite so bad though, I think that's the issue that people are having. Having said that, I for one am GLAD that charges weren't pressed against the OP, I don't think he's "psychotic" or something like that, he just lost his temper in the heat of the moment - it does happen occasionally, believe it or not.

But I agree, and anyone who calls it "white knight" behavior is just a big fat pussy :laugh:.

So every time someone loses their temper they should put someone in the hospital?! I'm in no way saying he shouldn't have stepped in to defend and protect his friend, of course he should. To the degree where it is necessary.

It says something about him, and others who are deeming what he did as reasonable and right.

I'd say he needs to get anger management before he lands himself in prison, or another person in hospital...lest he lose his temper again.

I don't know to be honest. I honestly think people are overreacting just a tad and that this is likely an isolated incident. I think we would have to ask the OP how many times he has felt like this or lost his temper in a similar manner before. If this is not an uncommon experience, then calls for anger management would be warranted. If not, and this is a solitary moment of madness in revenge for his lady friend, then I would disagree with the calls for it, or charges against.

Besides, I've seen/heard worse.

• Like 2
So every time someone loses their temper they should put someone in the hospital?! I'm in no way saying he shouldn't have stepped in to defend and protect his friend, of course he should. To the degree where it is necessary.

It says something about him, and others who are deeming what he did as reasonable and right.

I'd say he needs to get anger management before he lands himself in prison, or another person in hospital...lest he lose his temper again.

Yes, obviously saying that he was justified = let's always put people in the hospital. Stop being dense.

*UPDATE*

Gameover/Story ended.

Great. You were probably recorded.

Now wait to be sued.

You really think he was justified to put the guy in hospital? I don't, and I'm a chick who would admire/appreciate a guy stepping in for me if I needed it, but he went over the top. No one is saying that he shouldn't have stepped in, but I would say he needs to make sure he keeps himself in check should something like this happen again. He got lucky with the guy not being in worse shape, and not pressing any charges. He might not get so lucky should it happen again.

I don't understand the whole "let's applaud thuggery," on either side of the coin. Both guys were completely wrong, and neither should be applauded or offered justifications for violence.

I think he was justified; if you aren't willing to protect people you care about are you really living a good life? If someone hit my mother, wife, someone really close to me I'd make sure they disappeared forever. I don't really care who thinks it's "thuggery".

If you want a reason it's justified, you think this guy next time won't think twice about hitting a girl?

• Like 1
Curious how this logic never applies when I propose you break her nose if a woman gets physical with you.

The logic is that it's rarely a good idea to hit someone that's physically weaker; same reason why it's not a good idea to smack a kid that's being a brat.

You're not in danger, nobody is in real danger in that situation.

Quest4_TheLost

I think sticking up for your friend was the right thing to do. Yes, I definetly beleive you went over board.. WOOPS! I think its definetly somthing to learn from as you don't want to end up bending over for some large guy named Bubba in the future.

On that note, like a few people have stated men have been fighting and known for violence since the beginning of time. Its called testosterone. It happens a lot. If you beleive otherwise you live in la la land. MOST men have been in this situation at one time or another in their lives. My ex loved to fight while he was drinking with his buddies. Immature, yes. Anger issues no some people are just like that.

I agree with the therapy.. "Estrogen therapy" Side effects include but are not limited to: Waiving your hands around daintily, Peeing sitting down, Getting really b*tchy once a month and finally you'll prob start finding new intrests in your spare time (like nitting).

But atleast if you ever get into a fight again the worst you will do is some scratching and pulling hair which won't result in killing the person. :laugh: