NC Diary [Feel free to not read this]

• Author

Really dull weekend, debating whether or not I should check up on the ex's facebook/google just to see if she is alive. a** hole or not there's still a small part of me that cares about her well being.

FML :mad:

Really dull weekend, debating whether or not I should check up on the ex's facebook/google just to see if she is alive. a** hole or not there's still a small part of me that cares about her well being.

FML :mad:

Nah not worth it. Cav

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I feel stupid writing about this but what the hell. Driving home from the gym I saw you driving and you waved good-bye as I pulled into my street.

It means nothing yet I find myself thinking about it... Oh how I look forward to the day I move, no more worrying about these chance encounters will be a huge weight off my shoulders.

I feel stupid writing about this but what the hell. Driving home from the gym I saw you driving and you waved good-bye as I pulled into my street.

It means nothing yet I find myself thinking about it... Oh how I look forward to the day I move, no more worrying about these chance encounters will be a huge weight off my shoulders.

Remeber that 1st time you saw her in you car months ago.

not sure why i remeber that. See how much better you are.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Finals are approaching, graduation is nearing, starting my new job in a couple months, planning my first home purchase already, yet I keep running to this website. Call it my safe haven perhaps, why am I thinking of her? It's been over 6 months.

Maybe reminding myself why we broke up will help...

1. I always had to act like her dad, pushing her to save money and not blow it on frivolous things
  2. She was terrible at sports and we could never play tennis or go kayak together because we just ended up arguing
  3. She became very lazy and self-centered (opposite in the beginning of the relationship), several family members pointed this out.
  4. We both broke each other's trust
  5. Was never interested/motivated to travel
  6. She was EXTREMELY up/down with her emotions, e.g. moods changed every day and acted very different around me than she did with her friends. Also very flirtatious since beginning of the relationship.
  7. She dropped out of college
  8. Said negative things about me behind my back
  9. She never really had any goals in life, was never driven and was comfortable with where she was at in life

• Like 1
justletgo07

It can take a long time to recover and move on from a break-up, especially when you were in it long-term. Don't be too hard on yourself. Having bad days is just part of it, and the goal is really just to have less and less bad days.

It's good that you're focusing on all of the things you have to look forward to. Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming up! Focus on those things, and on how far you've come since your break-up.

I also think its good that you seem to be working on taking your ex off a pedestal, and are working on being realistic about your relationship and its flaws.

You should ask yourself the following: Would I have made the changes/improvements in my life if we had stayed together? No doubt the last 6 months have been tough, but they have also clearly been a major opportunity for growth. As weird as it is and as hard as it sounds, try to be thankful for that. Be thankful that you've had the opportunity to become a better person, both for yourself and for the next person you may end up with.

justletgo07

It can take a long time to recover and move on from a break-up, especially when you were in it long-term. Don't be too hard on yourself. Having bad days is just part of it, and the goal is really just to have less and less bad days.

It's good that you're focusing on all of the things you have to look forward to. Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming up! Focus on those things, and on how far you've come since your break-up.

I also think its good that you seem to be working on taking your ex off a pedestal, and are working on being realistic about your relationship and its flaws.

You should ask yourself the following: Would I have made the changes/improvements in my life if we had stayed together? No doubt the last 6 months have been tough, but they have also clearly been a major opportunity for growth. As weird as it is and as hard as it sounds, try to be thankful for that. Be thankful that you've had the opportunity to become a better person, both for yourself and for the next person you may end up with.