Would you date a overweight guy....?

I would date an overweight guy...

I have been chubby and not the best looking girl at times myself... If I got to know a guy and really liked him, his body would not be an issue, It would be hard for me to be repulsed, unless he was severely overweight...

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't date an overweight guy, no matter the circumstances. I don't find being overweight attractive. I am rather slim myself, FTR. And I'm not the kind of woman to reject a guy because he was lacking and then come back around swooning after I find he's new and improved. I think that's shallow.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours

I've dated over-weight guys. Infact, one over-weight guy in particular was one of the best kissers ever. Even over some of the more athletic guys I dated.

would I date an overweight guy? if our personalities clicked, oh hell yeah!

If anything I've found people who look really fit far more dull and obsessive about food in conversations than overweight people. um, that reminds me of my husband's family ... always on diets, but always talking about food. MIL was anorexic and practically shxt a cow when her older granddaughter tipped the scales at 200 pounds. Still talked a lot about food, though ... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2
It's Just Me

I would date a guy who's overweight, but not one who is out of shape. My hobbies include hiking (5-6 hours at a time) and mountain biking. Be overweight all you want, but you have to be able to keep up with me.

For the record, I married a man who was overweight (about 40 lbs over), but he was a runner and loved playing basketball. He just had a belly that never seemed to want to disappear. Your genes are your genes, I guess.

GirlontheLam

Overweight people are into food? Sometimes I wonder where people get this stuff!

Being overweight doesn't mean you are lazy and eat junk food all day. Some people do, some people don't. This happens across all weight classes.

OP: sure. Depends on the guy. Insecure guy? No way. Confident guy I connected with? Of course. Oddly, I am very rarely approached by an overweight guy. Maybe 20% of the time.

• Like 1

Being overweight doesn't bother me, as long as he has good hygiene, and isn't so overweight and he huffs and puffs if he walks from the car into a store or something.

For me, it's about character and personality and spark and how accepting he is of me and all MY flaws and quirks. :)

• Like 2
  • Author
So is this just another thread about women being too picky?

In a way. From what I've heard from women , overweight men are irresponsible, unhealthy and lazy, other than being physically unpleasing.

If an overweight man is trying hard to lose weight and is still fat at the time, does it matter for anything?

Is he still irresponsible, unhealthy and lazy? Or are those further put downs because he's not aesthetically pleasing?

• Author
No, I wouldn't date an overweight guy, no matter the circumstances. I don't find being overweight attractive. I am rather slim myself, FTR. And I'm not the kind of woman to reject a guy because he was lacking and then come back around swooning after I find he's new and improved. I think that's shallow.

Wait, I get the first part but the second part is confusing. How is rejecting a guy because he was lacking and then come back around swooning after you find he's new and improved, shallow?

Once ugly always ugly?

Overweight people are into food? Sometimes I wonder where people get this stuff!

Being overweight doesn't mean you are lazy and eat junk food all day. Some people do, some people don't. This happens across all weight classes.

No it does not.

StillReigning
Many aren't really. I've been overweight nearly all my life but I wouldn't exactly say I'm 'into' food. In fact anyone who identifies themselves as a foodie is instantly a d!ck head in my book. I don't exactly eat healthily but not atrociously either.

What in the hell? I'm a huge foodie and I'm a dickhead for that?

I love good food - especially meat (steak, pork, burgers) - and I eat a ton. Luckily I am very active so I'm in good shape. What's wrong with loving food?

GirlontheLam
No it does not.

The average american eats crappy food. For some people it hits them as a weight problem. Other people get hit with it in old age. And others get hit by chronic diseases early or late in life. Some people are luckier than others and their body type allows them to be perceived as "healthy." I know plenty of slim junk food junkies who subside on soda and chips.

StillReigning
The average american eats crappy food. For some people it hits them as a weight problem. Other people get hit with it in old age. And others get hit by chronic diseases early or late in life. Some people are luckier than others and their body type allows them to be perceived as "healthy." I know plenty of slim junk food junkies who subside on soda and chips.

It's not necessarily about eating healthy vs non healthy

Most slim types just have small appetites and don't eat huge meals. Most fatties I know eat a LOT and they don't even realize it. This chubby waitress at my friend's restaurant one time went out with us, had food at the first bar at about 11 O'clock and then had a huge meal at a diner afterwards. Her skinny friends didn't eat at the diner and only had a little bit of food at the first bar

You can get fat eating chicken and veggies if you eat enough of it

• Like 3

Most slim types just have small appetites and don't eat huge meals. Most fatties I know eat a LOT and they don't even realize it. This chubby waitress at my friend's restaurant one time went out with us, had food at the first bar at about 11 O'clock and then had a huge meal at a diner afterwards. Her skinny friends didn't eat at the diner and only had a little bit of food at the first bar

I bet in her mind, she didn't even eat as much as the skinny girls did and she still gained weight....must be in the genes lol That's why she's fat.

• Like 1

I don't think I could. Maybe 20-25 (and I might even be stretching it a bit) pounds overweight, but that would probably be my max. I'm usually attracted to slim or athletic man.

GirlontheLam

Depends. Most of my skinny friends ate MORE than I did up until age 33. And drank 3 sodas a day. I do of course no other people who don't eat much and it all adds up. But there is a lot of stereotyping on both sides.

Depends. Most of my skinny friends ate MORE than I did up until age 33. And drank 3 sodas a day. I do of course no other people who don't eat much and it all adds up. But there is a lot of stereotyping on both sides.
Even if they ate more than you, it still ultimately depends on the amount of calories in said food (100 grams of chicken is about 150 calories, whilst 100 grams of cheese is about 300-400 calories). It also depends on your activity level and your base metabolic rate. I eat FAR more than my friends, yet a few are overweight and blame it on their genetics. That's a cop out. It doesn't hurt people to learn a thing or two about nutrition.
  • Like 2
StillReigning
I bet in her mind, she didn't even eat as much as the skinny girls did and she still gained weight....must be in the genes lol That's why she's fat.

EXACTLY this

Fat people don't understand how much they're eating and really have no self - discipline in most cases. It's maybe 1-5% that are so genetically deficient that they can't be in shape

I probably wouldn't. My main concern would be the sagging skin caused by weight loss.

Food isn't a big deal to me so it would also turn me off if someone constantly had to watch what they ate...

StillReigning
Depends. Most of my skinny friends ate MORE than I did up until age 33.

I very very severely doubt that. Did you ever measure their calories and your calories? It's likely that you ate way more than you thought you ate (just like 99% of fat people)

If you took a 100 random women and just had them do nothing but lie in bed all day for a year and eat about 2,000 calories a day - I guarantee you that they would all gain about the same weight. That means the biggest difference between them is their activity level/calorie consumption

Activity level/calorie consumption is what determines how good you look in most cases

Wait, I get the first part but the second part is confusing. How is rejecting a guy because he was lacking and then come back around swooning after you find he's new and improved, shallow?

Once ugly always ugly?

Losing a lot of weight can definitely make someone a lot more attractive than they were. There are so many cute girls I know who would be hot if they trimmed up some.

But I wouldnt chase them down for the same reasons tigress mentioned. Its a shallow and crappy thing to do. Plus Id worry about the weight coming back to be honest.

- watching what he eats (dieting) and stacking supplements (over 10 different pills and 3 powders)

Unless half of them are snake oil, I didn't know there were so many supplements that would actually make a difference (beyond lightening your wallet).

Good luck with the weight loss!

When I've dated overweight women the experiences were more positive with the ones who didn't hate their bodies. If any of that translates to overweight men then my advice is: stay positive!

No it does not.

Id say it does happen across all weight classes, but not as much in the smaller weight classes.

I hit the genetic lottery in that I can eat crap all day and be lazy and gain no weight. However, I dont do that anymore since I want to build muscle, so Im in the gym 4 days a week. Plus sometimes Im too lazy to get up a make a meal....so thats how I curb my calories haha.

StillReigning
Id say it does happen across all weight classes, but not as much in the smaller weight classes.

I hit the genetic lottery in that I can eat crap all day and be lazy and gain no weight. However, I dont do that anymore since I want to build muscle, so Im in the gym 4 days a week. Plus sometimes Im too lazy to get up a make a meal....so thats how I curb my calories haha.

I'll bet every dollar I have in my bank account that even when you're lazy and eat crap and gain no weight, you're probably eating like 2,000 calories all day

Most skinny people have terrible appetites and don't eat that much. I have skinny friends who think "eating a ton of food" is having some snacks for breakfast and lunch and maybe McDonalds for Dinner. You count up those calories and you're at 2,000 for the day. Then I have "big" friends who think they're not eating that much and I spend a day with them and they're eating every 4 hours and it's giant portions

People see what they want to see, believe what they want to believe

I hit the genetic lottery in that I can eat crap all day and be lazy and gain no weight.

That actually means that you weren't eating at a surplus. Though it seemed like a lot of food, you still weren't eating above your maintenance. It's a myth that you can eat whatever you like and not gain weight due to genetics.

• Like 1