Why Do People think Lowly Of Hookers?

Matthew 7:1-6

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. …"

Matthew 21:31.

"I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the

kingdom of God ahead of you."

That passage does not mean that we are not to speak out against evil, harm or destructiveness. And I am fine with being judged by that same standard.

Rather than saying hookers are BAd - why not look at society and the government, and the way human nature has shaped things - There are people WITH degrees.... people who ARe decent - that HAVE to resort to prostitution, because often, PEOPLE CANNOT AFFORD to live!

Society has dictated that some people need to resort to prostitution, in order to survive.

Who the hell are you, to tell a person they are bad, for doing the ONLY thing they can do, to survive?! !! WHAT, are tyou dumb enough to think people should STARVE to death, rather than resort to prostitution?

Why are people bad, if they cannot feed themselves or survive, and have to resort to prostitution?

....so, they are supposed to just starve to death? THAT IS WHAT IT IS LIKE FOR PEOPLE, in FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES.

... Some people , MANY people, actually NEED to resort to being a hooker! Seriously, if they couldjust go and get educated easily enough, and get a " respectable" job, THEY WOULD!

No, they don't have to resort to prostitution. There are other jobs, they just want the higher pay that prostitution allows them. That's an act of selfishness which is destructive to marriages and families.

Prostitutes just provide a service. Is a bar owner who might sell a drink to an alcoholic a bad person. Is a corner store owner who might sell a pack of cigarettes to a lunch cancer patient a bad person? Is a defense contractor a bad person because there products are dropped on innocent civilians?

All prostitutes do is have sex for money. Some married men might use their services which I do not condone but it doesn't make the profession bad.

• Like 1
  • Author
Most married men don't go to prostitutes, but the married men who visit prostitutes are bad people. They are dishonest and deceptive to their wives, and are breaking their vows while expecting their wife to uphold her vows, and putting their wife at risk of contracting an STD, possibly an uncurable one. At the time of marriage, the wife had no idea her husband was going to do this, obviously, or there would have been no marriage.

I love my boyfriend dearly, but I do not care if he sees hookers once in a blue moon. I believe a man can be in love, want to be monogomus, and yet enjoy the sexual varity of having a hooker once a year or so. Some people do not believe it is necessary for their husbands to be with the one women, sexually, for the rest of their lives together!

I am just showing you that there are different types of women out there; I love my boyfriend very much, and yet do not care about him seeing hookers. He uses a condom. This will shock you - but he makes me go with him. He cannot get it up, if I am not present. He needs me with him.

Some people can detatch from sex and emotions, totally; they can be in love, yet still enjoy sexual varity, with more than one body for many years of their lives....

So.. it might frighten you to fathom that not all women are "shocked" at their partners going with a hooker once every while.....

I just do not find it .... offensive, or the least bit hurtful, the notion of a happily in love guy enjoying sexual varity, with more than ONE girl for years on end.

This is not why I made this thread; I was just sick of people in society JUDGING, judging, judging as usual. People are narrow minded and do not put themselves in other peoples shoes enough.

Prostitutes just provide a service. Is a bar owner who might sell a drink to an alcoholic a bad person. Is a corner store owner who might sell a pack of cigarettes to a lunch cancer patient a bad person? Is a defense contractor a bad person because there products are dropped on innocent civilians?

All prostitutes do is have sex for money. Some married men might use their services which I do not condone but it doesn't make the profession bad.

They provide a service that destroys marriages and families. A dishonest service. That's like saying a drug dealer just provides a service, so that doesn't make him a bad person.

They provide a service that destroys marriages and families. A dishonest service. That's like saying a drug dealer just provides a service, so that doesn't make him a bad person.

The men who cheat destroy marriages and families. It is not the hookers that force them to do it. You can't sanitize the world because some make less than honorable decisions. It is also why I think drugs should be legalized.

What about those other examples I posted?

• Like 7

I love my boyfriend dearly, but I do not care if he sees hookers once in a blue moon. I believe a man can be in love, want to be monogomus, and yet enjoy the sexual varity of having a hooker once a year or so. Some people do not believe it is necessary for their husbands to be with the one women, sexually, for the rest of their lives together!

I am just showing you that there are different types of women out there; I love my boyfriend very much, and yet do not care about him seeing hookers. He uses a condom. This will shock you - but he makes me go with him. He cannot get it up, if I am not present. He needs me with him.

Some people can detatch from sex and emotions, totally; they can be in love, yet still enjoy sexual varity, with more than one body for many years of their lives....

So.. it might frighten you to fathom that not all women are "shocked" at their partners going with a hooker once every while.....

I just do not find it .... offensive, or the least bit hurtful, the notion of a happily in love guy enjoying sexual varity, with more than ONE girl for years on end.

This is not why I made this thread; I was just sick of people in society JUDGING, judging, judging as usual. People are narrow minded and do not put themselves in other peoples shoes enough.

Well, either a guy is monogamous or he's not. Can't be both. The reason he goes to hookers is because it enables him to cheat on his wife without as much chance for discovery than if he were to cheat with someone who may contact the wife, and they are easier to come by than finding some other woman to cheat on with. The prostitute is the enabler in this deception. If you don't see a problem with that for your own relationship, that's up to you. Doesn't make it right for all the men who are deceiving their wives, breaking their vows, and putting their wife's health at risk. Pardon me if I don't feel empathy for a man who knowingly betrays his wife and family, and puts his wife's health at risk. I'd rather have empathy for the wife and kids who are the victims of this nastiness. If the guy wants to have other women, he should have the guts to leave his wife, rather than be dishonest.

The men who cheat destroy marriages and families. It is not the hookers that force them to do it. You can't sanitize the world because some make less than honorable decisions. It is also why I think drugs should be legalized.

What about those other examples I posted?

It takes two to cheat--a man willing to betray his wife, and a willing participant that enables him to cheat. Both people are active participants in the destruction of a marriage and a family. Both are purely selfish and destructive.

Most married men don't go to prostitutes, but the married men who visit prostitutes are bad people. They are dishonest and deceptive to their wives, and are breaking their vows while expecting their wife to uphold her vows, and putting their wife at risk of contracting an STD, possibly an uncurable one. At the time of marriage, the wife had no idea her husband was going to do this, obviously, or there would have been no marriage.

No doubt at the time of marriage those men had no ideas that they would never get another blow job or any other kind of sex ever again, forcing them to have to buy it from sex workers because their own wives would not give it to them.

I have seen some people on here post "why buy the cow when the milk is free" and this is a case of the man buying the cow and the milk drying up so he needs to buy it from another cow because his own cow chooses not to provide it any longer, even though he paid (and keeps paying).

Interesting that some people blame these men for breaking their vows but do not blame the wives who withhold sex for breaking their vows, sending the men outside of the marriage in the first place!

Perhaps if these wives provided the sexual services they promised as part of their marriage vows then there would be no need for married men to seek the paid services of sex workers. Why pay twice for a service if you can get it from the original vendor you contracted to provide you with that service?

It takes two to cheat-

It does indeed take two in this case - a wife withholding the sex she promised to her husband, and a husband unable to get the sex from his wife and needing it from someone else.

The sex worker is not a signatory to the marriage contract, but the withholding wife is, and is as guilty of breaking the marriage vows as is the sexually frustrated husband, if not more so, as he would not need the services of the sex worker if his wife was doing what she promised to do.

Make prostitution legal and treat it like a business. Before any man can engage in sex he should have to fill out an application and a background search should be conducted to make sure he isn't married/committed. If he is then they should have the right to call his spouse/SO to let her know.

Make prostitution legal and treat it like a business. Before any man can engage in sex he should have to fill out an application and a background search should be conducted to make sure he isn't married/committed. If he is then they should have the right to call his spouse/SO to let her know.

Why should it be anybody else's business to monitor his marriage? If he feels so little for his wife / marriage then someone else policing it is not going to keep him faithful. He will simply find another outlet.

Why do people think prostitutes are bad?

I know there is far more to life than beauty... but being able to have sex with a truly beautiful looking women, is something that many guys will never be able to do, without paying for it.

What is wrong with having a huge, overwhelming urge to have sex with a women, who is physically atttractive? It is a normal urge - and some guys simply are not attractive enough, or lack the personal attributes, in order to EVER have sex with a very attractve women.

In addition to being of service to men who simply can never get a very hot girl - hookers also serve young men, who want sex. Sex is natural. What about the men who lack the spcial skills to have rehular sex? Masturbating to a magazine for months on end may not cut it.

who says hooker are attractive? if they are all so truly beautiful, they wouldn't be hookers. there are so many opportunities thrown at attractive women, they are preferred in so many places, they could models, actresses, be on tv, i could go on.

its natural to have sexual urges, its not natural to pay for them!

A lot of hookers have terrible lives and are addicted to drug. I feel terrible for ANY person who is suffering, and wish them the best.... -> but many have good lives and make quiet good money. They are unskilled at other things, and make more money by providing horny men with sex when they want it.

Perhaps they are skilled at other things, but CHOSE prostitution as the easiest and most desirable way to make cash?

^^

this contradict the first paragraph in your post, do you know what drugs do to ones appearance? just do a google search of 'before and after drugs'. prostitution can leave devastating psychological effects. that would not only put them in risk of rape, being used, taken advantage of. women in the sex industry are vulnerable.

I am not advocating girls become hookers. I would much rather women educate themselves and get skills that enable them to work. However, there is a much needed place for hookers! I think the world would be a worse place without ANY hookers - some men would be MUCH HAPPIER with them....

.. I just don't think men who can never have sex with a gorgeous girl, should be denied this huge urge,, that is very strong in some men. On the other hand, I think the industry can give terrible outcomes for many of the girls......

Why not make there enough hookers for needy men, without having excessive amounts, that run around on drugs and leading a bad life?

why are you so sure that all men are sexually desperate? that all they need in life is some attractive women to have sex with. most people naturally have pride, self-respect, boundaries, integrity, the need to be loved and wanted for who they are rather then pay someone to suck their d***s.

to answer your question they are looked down upon, because majority of people struggle in life financially, but humans are far too intellectual as a specie to sell our selves as products. we invented money and now we going trade human flesh in exchange for money? makes no sense.

there are far more uses for us then be someone else cheap few seconds of meaningless sexual release.

sex is supposed to be a beautiful thing, creates bond, intimacy between people, also leads creating life. we shouldn't degraded like that. we shouldnt sell it so cheap.

• Like 1
No doubt at the time of marriage those men had no ideas that they would never get another blow job or any other kind of sex ever again, forcing them to have to buy it from sex workers because their own wives would not give it to them.

I have seen some people on here post "why buy the cow when the milk is free" and this is a case of the man buying the cow and the milk drying up so he needs to buy it from another cow because his own cow chooses not to provide it any longer, even though he paid (and keeps paying).

Interesting that some people blame these men for breaking their vows but do not blame the wives who withhold sex for breaking their vows, sending the men outside of the marriage in the first place!

Perhaps if these wives provided the sexual services they promised as part of their marriage vows then there would be no need for married men to seek the paid services of sex workers. Why pay twice for a service if you can get it from the original vendor you contracted to provide you with that service?

If a man's marriage has deteriorated to the point that there is no sex life, then he needs to be honest about his intentions. He needs to work on fixing the marriage, or leave the marriage. Or at least have the balls to tell his wife that he's going to have to look elsewhere if he has no marital sex. To continue on with the marriage under false pretenses is dishonest and destructive.

• Like 1

You are forgetting that most prostitution happens in ordinary homes, not in red light districts, or on the streets.

• Like 1

Ironically, many men who think prostitution offers a valuable service would not want their daughter in that profession.

• Like 6
Mme. Chaucer

So, you think drugs are bad; ergo, a person who provides drugs is a BAD PERSON.

And, you think sex is bad, so a person who provides sex is a BAD PERSON too?

You are way out of reasonableness when you keep bringing marital fidelity into this discussion. Cheaters are cheaters. I have no idea, but I would venture to guess that the majority of married people of both sexes who are cheating are not doing so with prostitutes.

That passage does not mean that we are not to speak out against evil, harm or destructiveness. And I am fine with being judged by that same standard.

Saying an entire class of people are BAD PEOPLE is truly not Christian, Kathy. You must know this. Or are you a member of one of those "Christian" sects that is mostly concerned with spreading hatred rather than love and compassion?

Jesus was compassionate towards prostitutes and adulterer(esses) as well. I guess your passion for judging people as less worthy than yourself supersedes any interest you might have (or not) in "what would Jesus do."

If a man's marriage has deteriorated to the point that there is no sex life, then he needs to be honest about his intentions. He needs to work on fixing the marriage, or leave the marriage. Or at least have the balls to tell his wife that he's going to have to look elsewhere if he has no marital sex. To continue on with the marriage under false pretenses is dishonest and destructive.

Why is it up to the man to fix the marriage when the problem is the wife withholding sex? Surely the broken one who needs fixing should be the one to fix the problem?

And perhaps the man has told her he will be seeking sex elsewhere, and that is why he is going to the sex worker.

And yes, it is dishonest and destructive for the wife to continue to claim that it is a marriage when it is a shell, simply because it suits her to continue to have the man there to pay her bills when she is not keeping up her end but is expecting him to keep up his, so to speak.

I'm afraid those claims still do not make sex workers to be bad people. They make bad marriages to be bad, and those who stay in them (the wives withholding sex more so than the husbands needing sex) to be broken people, but the sex workers providing relief to those frustrated husbands are not bad people.

The majority of people who cheat do it without seeing prostitutes. It usually happens at work or online or they pick a person up at a bar.

• Like 1
Ironically, many men who think prostitution offers a valuable service would not want their daughter in that profession.

Good point. Prostitution is destructive to women--both the prostitutes who are enabled to live a destructive lifestyle, and the wives and SO of the men who use them. Destructive to children as well, since their family and home will be broken due to this "service" that is provided.

Mme. Chaucer

I am not a fan of the institution of prostitution. I just don't "think lowly of hookers" or deem them to be "bad people" because of that aspect of their lives.

• Like 3

There are plenty of things I would not want my kid to do but I realize making them illegal would be pointless. It is a matter of choosing whether you want government regulated entities controlling these vices or if you want organized crime controlling them. I thought we learned something from prohibition.

• Like 1
Some people did, anyway.

I guess criminals learned you can make a whole lot of money from things that have a high demand but are illegal.

• Like 1
So, you think drugs are bad; ergo, a person who provides drugs is a BAD PERSON.

And, you think sex is bad, so a person who provides sex is a BAD PERSON too?

You are way out of reasonableness when you keep bringing marital fidelity into this discussion. Cheaters are cheaters. I have no idea, but I would venture to guess that the majority of married people of both sexes who are cheating are not doing so with prostitutes.

Saying an entire class of people are BAD PEOPLE is truly not Christian, Kathy. You must know this. Or are you a member of one of those "Christian" sects that is mostly concerned with spreading hatred rather than love and compassion?

Jesus was compassionate towards prostitutes and adulterer(esses) as well. I guess your passion for judging people as less worthy than yourself supersedes any interest you might have (or not) in "what would Jesus do."

Not all drugs are bad, obviously. Destructive illegal drugs are bad, and yes, a drug dealer who provides illegal drugs that are harmful and addictive, for the purpose of making money is a bad person. And destructive, dishonest sex that contributes to the destruction of a marriage and family, and contributes to a destructive lifestyle for a prostitute is bad. Why is this position so hard to fathom? Both things are destructive--illegal drugs and the illegal drug trade, and dishonest sex and the sex trade. Why is it unreasonable to bring marriage into this discussion? Most clients of prostitutes are married; therefore, this is very relevant to this topic.

Let's put it this way--what they are doing is bad. What they are doing is destructive, both to themselves and the marriages/families involved. I am expressing my hatred for a profession that is destructive--that devalues women, and destroys marriages and families.

Jesus told the prostitutes to "Go and sin no more". He did not condone that profession. He tried to get women out of that profession.