Why Do Girls Look Down on Guys That Live With Their Parents Around the Ages of 22-27?

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
I think looking down on someone given the scenario you described, is silly.

Look at the economy though, the majority of guys are in this situation and many women, like the ones in this thread, still expect the man to torture himself working 70 hours a week, save and not spend money on anything he likes...all for what? To live in a space the fraction of their parents' house?

I mean the ladies in this thread, do you even understand what tuition costs at a good school nowadays? Does it really show "independence" and "hard work" to live in an apartment and end up taking 10 years to payoff student loans when you could have payed that off in just 1 year if you chose to live with your parents?

snug.bunny
Look at the economy though, the majority of guys are in this situation and many women, like the ones in this thread, still expect the man to torture himself working 70 hours a week, save and not spend money on anything he likes...all for what? To live in a space the fraction of their parents' house?

I mean the ladies in this thread, do you even understand what tuition costs at a good school nowadays? Does it really show "independence" and "hard work" to live in an apartment and end up taking 10 years to payoff student loans when you could have payed that off in just 1 year if you chose to live with your parents?

I get what you're saying. I think maybe what some women are fearful of, is someone living at home and (for lack of a better word) "mooching" off his parents, not becoming financially independent and/or able to fend for himself (IE. "mama's boy) and thus they don't believe he is someone capable of being a good provider. Then, there are some women, who just want someone who is financially well off, on his own, and that's that.

Different strokes, different folks. **shrugs**

I wish I had lived with my parents longer OP. Would be totally retired now with well over a mill in the bank and house paid for, possibly vaca house paid for also. Keep going your own way and don't let marketing hype drive your decisions as it does the suckers. The "get out of the house at 18" ploy was one of the best executed consumerist propaganda campaigns in U.S. media and still reels em right in today.

You are doing the right thing. A smart, quality woman will appreciate the hell out of that kind of wise planning and forethought one day. She will also appreciate a man with strong family ties, because most of the nuts out there in dating land have terrible family relations.

Sometimes women forget that social life is much more expensive for a young man than a young woman. Many of my female friends and acquaintances could/can literally go out on the town with $5 in their pocket and have a good time what with ladies specials and guys buying drinks. Men paying for early dates and transportation further reduces social expense. This kind of subsidy is not available to men even today and adds up quick to as much as several hundred dollars a month.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
I wish I had lived with my parents longer OP. Would be totally retired now with well over a mill in the bank and house paid for, possibly vaca house paid for also. Keep going your own way and don't let marketing hype drive your decisions as it does the suckers. The "get out of the house at 18" ploy was one of the best executed consumerist propaganda campaigns in U.S. media and still reels em right in today.

You are doing the right thing. A smart, quality woman will appreciate the hell out of that kind of wise planning and forethought one day. She will also appreciate a man with strong family ties, because most of the nuts out there in dating land have terrible family relations.

Sometimes women forget that social life is much more expensive for a young man than a young woman. Many of my female friends and acquaintances could/can literally go out on the town with $5 in their pocket and have a good time what with ladies specials and guys buying drinks. Men paying for early dates and transportation further reduces social expense. This kind of subsidy is not available to men even today and adds up quick to as much as several hundred dollars a month.

...But you're living at home, doesn't that mean you're a loser? Who cares about things like family ties, smart spending, thinking about the future, you actually dare to live in the same place as your family at the whopping age of 24?

Wow what a loser. You would be much more of a man if you spent 15 grand a year on an apartment and ended up needing 15 years to pay off all your debt and buy your first home at the age of 40. That's what real men do. They try to do exactly what society says without an ounce of logical reasoning. They care more about societal stereotypes of a man living at home as a loser over trying to gain financial stability at a young age.

/female logic

:lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

I only have an issue with those standards if a woman is living at home herself. I can't stand hypocrites.

I moved out at age 16 and though I lived in some really scummy places until I bought my house I lived on my own. That kind of grinding teaches a man something he can't get living at home.

• Like 2

Oh what the hell, I'll chime in and give my $0.02 cents!

I am still living at home at 22. Does that make me less of a man or at a different place in my life? Hell no!!!

I came right out of high school and went into an Engineering course. After two years I finished my schooling (no breaks, nothing!). I got a job within the first 2 weeks of graduating. Was getting paid 50K a year (not including fuel allowance and bonus). Still at the same company, and after 1 year, I am head of the division I work in and am making over 70K a year.

I pay my own bills (food, elec, phone), own two vehicles (truck and street rod), have two Mastercards with a 5K limit (and I never carry a balance), have a $2K home theatre system in my room and I even contribute to an RRSP every month.

Why didn't I move out at 17?..........Answer: WHAT THE F**K IS THE POINT IN RENTING AND ME PAYING SOMEBODY ELSE'S MORTGAGE?

By the way, I have over 30K saved up right now. And before the year end, I'll be BUYING a 250K condo.

Some people are saying that if I ever meet a girl, she might turn me down because I still live at home @ 22? HAH!!! Girls like that don't even deserve my time!

Guess what I'm trying to say is: Sorry ladies, for having an education, for living a debt free life, for being able to buy things that I want and treat you to a nice time, sorry for not moving out right away and living with 5 of my buddies in an apartment, sorry for having a stable life, sorry for not blowing all my paychecks on drugs or booze and sorry for still living at home. I know, you deserve better :(

ThaWholigan

Yikes, I didn't think this thread would blow up like this :laugh:.

Well, I've lived at home for pretty much all my 23 years except for the one year I went to Uni. It was fun, although my mother wanted me to stay home (and still does). I think I probably would have taken the plunge earlier if I knew anything about what I know now, but when I was at Uni, all I cared about was making music, I didn't really give much credence to my independence until the last couple of years. I would like to have my own space, even if it's small, and with all the business plans I've been making, I am working towards this ASAP. I would like to put myself in a position to think smarter financially without help - not that my mother can really help me much financially at all. She wants me to stay, so that is the only minor difficulty with moving out for me personally. I think it's because she misses the company as my brother is always out and is also trying to move. I also think she worries because I'm autistic and thinks I may be taken advantage of. Understandable, but I doubt that it will come to that.

As for how it relates to girls, well girls are a melting pot. Some will date guys who live at home, some won't. Really and truly, it's about the path - your ambition to leave and what your plans are. OP, if you've really got a plan in place, don't worry about girls not dating you if you live at home. They probably don't look down on you, they just don't want to date you. These are mutually exclusive scenarios. And besides, there are girls who will date you at home. Granted they aren't the majority (even the girls who live at home can be tetchy about it), but they're out there. Best thing to do is to not give a **** about what any of them say about you and your living situation. You know what you're doing, so don't sweat it.

As for me, I'm not fussed either way. I know I live at home, and even if girls don't want to date me because of that, I have bigger things to worry about - like moving out as soon as possible, or starting my road to financial freedom. Whoever wants to date me, can date me if I like em. If not, good luck to them. Simple.

RiverRunning

It really depends here.

One of my ex-boyfriends is now in his EIGHTH year of college for his undergraduate degree. It's not because he had personal setbacks, lost a job, etc. He goofed off at jobs, repeatedly got fired. Switched his major basically every year or every semester. Slacked off in class and was put on academic probation at least twice (the guy could barely keep a 2.0...in his undergrad degree...for, at that point, ALL HIS GENERAL CLASSES).

If I met him again now, at 25 - 26, still living with his parents with all of that behind him? No way would I date him. That's a reflection on him being irresponsible and lazy, not being a victim of a tough economy.

I can cut some slack to a guy who's working on paying off his bills - TO AN EXTENT. Is he driving a reasonable car? Or is he one of those guys who shrugs his shoulders and says, "I'm already in debt, might as well buy a $50k car"? Total turn-off. Wouldn't date him.

udolipixie
...But you're living at home, doesn't that mean you're a loser? Who cares about things like family ties, smart spending, thinking about the future, you actually dare to live in the same place as your family at the whopping age of 24?

Wow what a loser. You would be much more of a man if you spent 15 grand a year on an apartment and ended up needing 15 years to pay off all your debt and buy your first home at the age of 40. That's what real men do. They try to do exactly what society says without an ounce of logical reasoning. They care more about societal stereotypes of a man living at home as a loser over trying to gain financial stability at a young age.

/female logic

:lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

That's some female's logic.

I've yet to see a gal on this board post anything suggesting such logic of living at home means he's a loser or that a guy is more of a man if he does such & such. Then again seems like to you if a gal doesn't want to date a guy who lives at home it's being brainwashed by society or caring what society thinks.

Again with such posts like 'Finally a girl who works on logic' & 'Female logic is truly hilarious. The way you let society brainwash you is just funny to me' likely you living at home may not be the biggest contributor of dating issues, not being considered LTR material, or gals looking down on you.

Stupid Girl

There's nothing wrong with living at home per se, but being independant and actually having to work hard, rather than living an easy life of handouts, builds one's character. I find it a lot easier to respect somebody like that, and as a bonus independant people tend to have a better sense of self, and generally just tend to be more interesting people, and have more worthwhile things to say.

So while I don't disrespect somebody still living at home, somebody like the OP, who just spouts nonsense rhetoric about his potential future income/savings due to living a life of handouts because he is obviously just insecure, I find a lot harder to respect. TBH it sounds like he just got rejected by a girl for the fact that he still lives at home and is raging so much about it he needs to keep posting the exact same thing about how one day he'll be soooo successful, and he'll show her, and won't she regret it, etc etc... nahhh I think she probably made the right choice :)

• Like 1
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
That's some female's logic.

I've yet to see a gal on this board post anything suggesting such logic of living at home means he's a loser or that a guy is more of a man if he does such & such. Then again seems like to you if a gal doesn't want to date a guy who lives at home it's being brainwashed by society or caring what society thinks.

Again with such posts like 'Finally a girl who works on logic' & 'Female logic is truly hilarious. The way you let society brainwash you is just funny to me' likely you living at home may not be the biggest contributor of dating issues, not being considered LTR material, or gals looking down on you.

I would recommend going to elementary school to gain the ability to read before coming onto the internet

All I've seen posted in this thread is women saying "If a man lives at home, he's obviously still not an adult. He's not independant or hard working. He's just mooching off his parents. He's at a different (read: lower) lifestage than me because I'm obviously much more mature and much more of an adult for wasting 15 grand a year on something I don't even own and that's a worthless investment"

That's female logic at it's best

Edited by HallowedBeThyName
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
Oh what the hell, I'll chime in and give my $0.02 cents!

I am still living at home at 22. Does that make me less of a man or at a different place in my life? Hell no!!!

I came right out of high school and went into an Engineering course. After two years I finished my schooling (no breaks, nothing!). I got a job within the first 2 weeks of graduating. Was getting paid 50K a year (not including fuel allowance and bonus). Still at the same company, and after 1 year, I am head of the division I work in and am making over 70K a year.

I pay my own bills (food, elec, phone), own two vehicles (truck and street rod), have two Mastercards with a 5K limit (and I never carry a balance), have a $2K home theatre system in my room and I even contribute to an RRSP every month.

Why didn't I move out at 17?..........Answer: WHAT THE F**K IS THE POINT IN RENTING AND ME PAYING SOMEBODY ELSE'S MORTGAGE?

By the way, I have over 30K saved up right now. And before the year end, I'll be BUYING a 250K condo.

Some people are saying that if I ever meet a girl, she might turn me down because I still live at home @ 22? HAH!!! Girls like that don't even deserve my time!

Guess what I'm trying to say is: Sorry ladies, for having an education, for living a debt free life, for being able to buy things that I want and treat you to a nice time, sorry for not moving out right away and living with 5 of my buddies in an apartment, sorry for having a stable life, sorry for not blowing all my paychecks on drugs or booze and sorry for still living at home. I know, you deserve better :(

beautiful, just absolutely beautiful

I want to give you a hug right now and a kiss on the cheek (no homo). Seriously, tell me where you live so we can hang out in a few years when I'm as well off as you are. I hope you keep dominating and make 300, 400 or even 500,000 a year when you turn 35-40

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GL8QXYUKatA/T3ORe07boBI/AAAAAAAAA3g/WbX4xEzYmig/s1600/the-rock-clapping.gif

Edited by HallowedBeThyName

I lived on my own for a while, than had hard times and stayed at a house my parents owned, but rarely used. "girls looking down on guys that live at home...." is stuff I hear about, but never experienced in person. No girl had a problem with it. And I did explain to them the truth...that it was my parents house for when they're in the states.

This thread is a little silly. For what it is worth, I agree with your financial goals OP and think it is a smart move. However, you aren't going to change any minds. Personally, I moved back after 10 years out of the house because my parents needed help, my new fellowship/job is 10 min from their house, and I am saving to a down payment and engagement ring for the gf (which is a years rent itself nowadays). My gf planned on living at home if she got a job near her parents.

People here talk about hardships and responsibility. Frankly all of that talk is a load of bull****. There is little in the way of distinguishing these characteristics. Living in NYC, I have seen it all and can tell you that being an adult and financially responsible has little to do with where you live at any point in your life. The proof:

-I now of one guy that was a screw up his whole life (8 years to graduate with a B.A. because he got drunk and failed out of his first college). He owns his own home and drives a luxury car now. However, daddy paid off all his college loans and got him a job at his accounting firm making $75k out of school. He never would have been independent without daddy's help.

- I know a girl that lives rent free in an apartment building (investment property) her parents own

- I know several young women whose parents pay partial rent so that they can afford to live in a 'safe' area.

- One closest friends lived at home till 30, when he married his long time gf and bought his own house.

-Prince William lives at home and I am betting all of the women here who said they would never said someone living with his parents would make an exception there.

For people who don't understand living at home. I know many people who do so because they want to be close to family and friends. I don't see how being close to friends and family is a bad thing. It is sad that people view being close to one's parents as a negative, whereas not speaking to one's parents or helping them is often considered normal. Maybe is just my eastern influenced background, but I view being able to make life easier for my parents (and save for my future family at the same time) as a sacrifice I make on independence for the greater good of my family (both present and future).

Finally, I don't want to turn this into a gender thing. However, how many of the women here that claim being independent are dating men that make significantly more than them and take care of most of their dating costs?

• Like 1
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
This thread is a little silly. For what it is worth, I agree with your financial goals OP and think it is a smart move. However, you aren't going to change any minds. Personally, I moved back after 10 years out of the house because my parents needed help, my new fellowship/job is 10 min from their house, and I am saving to a down payment and engagement ring for the gf (which is a years rent itself nowadays). My gf planned on living at home if she got a job near her parents.

People here talk about hardships and responsibility. Frankly all of that talk is a load of bull****. There is little in the way of distinguishing these characteristics. Living in NYC, I have seen it all and can tell you that being an adult and financially responsible has little to do with where you live at any point in your life. The proof:

-I now of one guy that was a screw up his whole life (8 years to graduate with a B.A. because he got drunk and failed out of his first college). He owns his own home and drives a luxury car now. However, daddy paid off all his college loans and got him a job at his accounting firm making $75k out of school. He never would have been independent without daddy's help.

- I know a girl that lives rent free in an apartment building (investment property) her parents own

- I know several young women whose parents pay partial rent so that they can afford to live in a 'safe' area.

- One closest friends lived at home till 30, when he married his long time gf and bought his own house.

-Prince William lives at home and I am betting all of the women here who said they would never said someone living with his parents would make an exception there.

For people who don't understand living at home. I know many people who do so because they want to be close to family and friends. I don't see how being close to friends and family is a bad thing. It is sad that people view being close to one's parents as a negative, whereas not speaking to one's parents or helping them is often considered normal. Maybe is just my eastern influenced background, but I view being able to make life easier for my parents (and save for my future family at the same time) as a sacrifice I make on independence for the greater good of my family (both present and future).

Finally, I don't want to turn this into a gender thing. However, how many of the women here that claim being independent are dating men that make significantly more than them and take care of most of their dating costs?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GL8QXYUKatA/T3ORe07boBI/AAAAAAAAA3g/WbX4xEzYmig/s1600/the-rock-clapping.gif

udolipixie
I would recommend going to elementary school to gain the ability to read before coming onto the internet

All I've seen posted in this thread is women saying "If a man lives at home, he's obviously still not an adult. He's not independant or hard working. He's just mooching off his parents. He's at a different (read: lower) lifestage than me because I'm obviously much more mature and much more of an adult for wasting 15 grand a year on something I don't even own and that's a worthless investment"

That's female logic at it's best

Seems your logic is repeating gender stereotypes likely stemming from hate, dislike, or resentment of gals. As well as that recommendation to gain the ability to probably best suited for you.

Likely what you've seen gals posted in this thread is bias leading to a skewed perception. You've already shown some biased perception with the bit of if a gal doesn't want to date a guy who lives at home it's being brainwashed by society or caring what society thinks.

Posts thus far (name links to the post):

zengirl- moved out at 17 and never lived at home again wants a guy who lives on his own as she thinks a guy who doesn't would be at a different life stage

"while I wouldn't "look down" on someone for living at home and know many people who do, I certainly wasn't interested in dating someone who was long-term living at home (maybe if he'd just moved back to the area and was looking for a place or something) when I was dating -- and I'm only 27 now -- because we wouldn't have the same style."

Nothing about he's not an adult or hardworking, that he's mooching off his parents, or she's obviously much more mature.

rubyslippers- it's a big turn off because she's been living on her own since she was 17 and want a guy who lives on his own as she thinks guys they're more likely to be at similar stages

"For me, an adult guy living with his parents is a big turn-off, mainly because I've been independent, living on my own (or with roommates during college), and supporting myself since I was 17, and want a guy who's also independent and supporting himself. If a guy is still living with his parents past high school, we are simply at different developmental stages mentally, financially, and practically."

Nothing about he's not an adult or hardworking, that he's mooching off his parents, or she's obviously much more mature.

The only mention of mooching was in this exchange:

Your comments also don't make much sense to me in terms of somebody's lifestyle being different because they live at home. How does living with your parents until you're financially stable make you less independent? It's not like your parents are supporting you or you're mooching off them.

I would be supportive of someone who was living with their parents for their parents' benefits (i.e. the parents are ill, infirm, or in need of financial help) but if they're accepting free rent or financial help, that is less independence and accepting that for the benefits: i.e. trading independence for saving money. Your parents are supporting you if you're not paying rent. If you are paying rent, why not just get a houseshare?

The only mention of hard work is right before your post I'm responding to:

There's nothing wrong with living at home per se, but being independant and actually having to work hard, rather than living an easy life of handouts, builds one's character.

So while I don't disrespect somebody still living at home, somebody like the OP, who just spouts nonsense rhetoric about his potential future income/savings due to living a life of handouts because he is obviously just insecure, I find a lot harder to respect. TBH it sounds like he just got rejected by a girl for the fact that he still lives at home and is raging so much about it he needs to keep posting the exact same thing about how one day he'll be soooo successful, and he'll show her, and won't she regret it, etc etc... nahhh I think she probably made the right choice :)

mortensorchid

Before the economy crashed I went out with a guy who lived with his mom. He was 27. I wasn't bent out of shape about it by any means. He said he was living with her because of finances. Over time, however, I realized it was something else all together. He was very insecure, afraid to get out in the world and stand on his own two feet. Today he no longer lives in my town, he lives on the east coast after having bought his own house. With his mom.

Then, a few years ago, I went out on two or three dates with this other guy who didn't tell me that he lived with his mom and dad (and the rest of his family) at age 30. I decided he was trash and left it, but those were seperate issues. My last serious boyfriend lives at home with his mom, but he was the most well adjusted of them all. More or less.

I think it depends on the person. I for one would not be embarassed or judgemental of a man who has to live at home with one or both parents, things are hard. After a while you have to ask yourself if this man is worth your time and energy despite that.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
Seems your logic is repeating gender stereotypes likely stemming from hate, dislike, or resentment of gals. As well as that recommendation to gain the ability to probably best suited for you.

Learn to read between the lines

"If a guy is still living with his parents past high school, we are simply at different developmental stages mentally, financially, and practically."

interpretation

"if a guy is living with his parents past high school, I'm clearly at a higher stage than him mentally, financially and practically"

Women don't necessarily turn down a man for being different, they turn him down because they feel that they're above him. For example, would a woman turn down a gorgeous black man like Tyson Beckford? No, she would turn down an ugly black man and claim that Black Men are different and she's looking for somebody who is closer to her. In reality, that specific black man is below her standards

Anytime you hear the term "at a different stage", it's a clear sign that somebody feels that they are superior and I'm annoyed to death by it

• Like 1
udolipixie
Learn to read between the lines

"If a guy is still living with his parents past high school, we are simply at different developmental stages mentally, financially, and practically."

interpretation

"if a guy is living with his parents past high school, I'm clearly at a higher stage than him mentally, financially and practically"

Women don't necessarily turn down a man for being different, they turn him down because they feel that they're above him. For example, would a woman turn down a gorgeous black man like Tyson Beckford? No, she would turn down an ugly black man and claim that Black Men are different and she's looking for somebody who is closer to her. In reality, that specific black man is below her standards

Anytime you hear the term "at a different stage", it's a clear sign that somebody feels that they are superior and I'm annoyed to death by it

So you haven't seen the gals posting the things you've claimed rather you've intrepretated as such perhaps you're like Woogle who often 'reads between the lines' to get an intrepretation that supports his mindset.

From my experiences gals do turn guys down for being different if they find the trait unappealing on out of sync with their own. Plenty of tall gals turn down short guys, plenty of slim gals turn down fat guys, plenty of young gals turn down old guys, plenty of black gals turn down white guys, and such & such. In fact from my experiences incompatible was often the term for turning a guy down for being different. A gal may turn down Tyson Beckford if she considers him different in terms of race, age, personality or celebrity status that she dislikes or finds incompatible.

As for your anytime you hear bit likely it's more anytime you in particular hear 'at a different stage' you think it's a clear sign that somebody feels that they are superior. Different doesn't necessarily mean higher and your intrepretation of that was already answered in this exchange:

For me, an adult guy living with his parents is a big turn-off, mainly because I've been independent, living on my own (or with roommates during college), and supporting myself since I was 17, and want a guy who's also independent and supporting himself. If a guy is still living with his parents past high school, we are simply at different developmental stages mentally, financially, and practically.

This has to be a joke right? A man living at home past HIGH SCHOOL means that he's somehow lesser of a man? :laugh::laugh:

I didn't say he's a lesser man - just at a different life stage than I am.
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
So you haven't seen the gals posting the things you've claimed rather you've intrepretated as such perhaps you're like Woogle who often 'reads between the lines' to get an intrepretation that supports his mindset.

From my experiences gals do turn guys down for being different if they find the trait unappealing on out of sync with their own. Plenty of tall gals turn down short guys, plenty of slim gals turn down fat guys, plenty of young gals turn down old guys, plenty of black gals turn down white guys, and such & such. In fact from my experiences incompatible was often the term for turning a guy down for being different. A gal may turn down Tyson Beckford if she considers him different in terms of race, age, personality or celebrity status that she dislikes or finds incompatible.

As for your anytime you hear bit likely it's more anytime you in particular hear 'at a different stage' you think it's a clear sign that somebody feels that they are superior. Different doesn't necessarily mean higher and your intrepretation of that was already answered in this exchange:

Stop playing semantics

"Tall girls turn down short guys" - not different, short men are considered inferior to society

"Young girls turn down old guys" - not different, men past a certain age are considered inferior in our society as well

"Slim girls turn down fat girls" - read above

"black girls turn down white guys" - rare and very unlikely to be because of race alone. White men are considered the most attractive in our society if you read any sort of race attractiveness study online

udolipixie

Telling how you chose to ignore that my bit that gals often do turn guys down for being different and if they find the trait unappealing or out of sync with their own. That incompatible is often used when turning someone down for being different in counter to your claim of 'Women don't necessarily turn down a man for being different, they turn him down because they feel that they're above him.'

Women don't necessarily turn down a man for being different, they turn him down because they feel that they're above him.

From my experiences gals do turn guys down for being different if they find the trait unappealing on out of sync with their own.

In fact from my experiences incompatible was often the term for turning a guy down for being different.

udolipixie
Stop playing semantics

I'm not playing semantics though if you want to talk about playing I'd say you played a strawman card and now are playing an evasion card.

"Tall girls turn down short guys" - not different, short men are considered inferior to society

"Young girls turn down old guys" - not different, men past a certain age are considered inferior in our society as well

Toss up to whether she's rejecting him due to a societal message she may be rejecting him because she finds short/older guys unattractive not because she thinks he's inferior or she's superior. Or because she doesn't like bending down to kiss a guy or because guys already die before gals so why shorten a relationship further by getting a guy older than her.

"black girls turn down white guys" - rare and very unlikely to be because of race alone. White men are considered the most attractive in our society if you read any sort of race attractiveness study online

Not going by my and several white guys I know experiences as the humilation they've encountered certainly wasn't rare to them.

As for men past a certain age are considered inferior in our society as well :eek:. If you're American different experiences the meme from mine have been that gals past a certain age are considered inferior as 'guys age like wine & gals age like wine' and 'guys increase in value with age while gals decrease'.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
As for men past a certain age are considered inferior in our society as well :eek:. If you're American different experiences the meme from mine have been that gals past a certain age are considered inferior as 'guys age like wine & gals age like wine' and 'guys increase in value with age while gals decrease'.

Dude, just give it up. I don't care how you try to reframe it, the point remains the same

Women saying "I want a man who has his own place because it means that he's independent and hard working" is a pretty clear sign of judgement and arrogance, sorry. A man living at home isn't less independent, he's not less developed, he's not less anything. He's smarter and thinks about the future is what it is

I don't care what you say, you're not gonna change my mind on this because the signs are all over the place and now you're just becoming annoyingly insistent

• Like 1

OP, just stop wasting your time arguing with these women. Please read my previous posts in this thread. As long as you have goals and plans no one is going to look down on your for being a young adult who lives at home...at least not in the real world. Why do you give a fvk what a few chicks on the internet think? Especially since its likely you wouldnt want to date them if you knew them anyways.

Come on now, I never even knew this was an issue for people in their early or mid 20s if they had their crap together. Like I said before, almost every single person I know around my age lives at home or just moved out in their mid 20s. All of my friends are college educated or currently in grad school so that says a lot. My old guitarist is 27 and still lives at home. He decided not to move after his dad passed away last year. I think its great hes gonna keep his mom some company. The guy has a masters in computer egineering and makes great coin and drives an awesome car...i think hell do just fine if hes ever single again.

Youre worrying about crap that doesnt exist much in real life based on my experience. The only way Id raise an eyebrow at a girl living at home is if she never went to college or if she didnt have practical and smart future plans that explained why shes at home. For example, Id not date some girl whos 22, high school grad, been in commjnity college for 4 years and doesnt really have plans of saving up or moving out. Super unattractive and smells of loser. If she was 22/23, a recent grad, and had a crappy part time job to save for moving out, or had a full time job yet was saving to move out even if it was a few years away, Id have no problem with that.

See the difference? Dont let a few girls who moved out as teenagers decide your worldview or debate you on this crap. They dont matter to your life. You matter to your life. Get a plan and stick to it.

• Like 1
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
OP, just stop wasting your time arguing with these women. Please read my previous posts in this thread. As long as you have goals and plans no one is going to look down on your for being a young adult who lives at home...at least not in the real world. Why do you give a fvk what a few chicks on the internet think? Especially since its likely you wouldnt want to date them if you knew them anyways.

Come on now, I never even knew this was an issue for people in their early or mid 20s if they had their crap together. Like I said before, almost every single person I know around my age lives at home or just moved out in their mid 20s. All of my friends are college educated or currently in grad school so that says a lot. My old guitarist is 27 and still lives at home. He decided not to move after his dad passed away last year. I think its great hes gonna keep his mom some company. The guy has a masters in computer egineering and makes great coin and drives an awesome car...i think hell do just fine if hes ever single again.

Youre worrying about crap that doesnt exist much in real life based on my experience. The only way Id raise an eyebrow at a girl living at home is if she never went to college or if she didnt have practical and smart future plans that explained why shes at home. For example, Id not date some girl whos 22, high school grad, been in commjnity college for 4 years and doesnt really have plans of saving up or moving out. Super unattractive and smells of loser. If she was 22/23, a recent grad, and had a crappy part time job to save for moving out, or had a full time job yet was saving to move out even if it was a few years away, Id have no problem with that.

See the difference? Dont let a few girls who moved out as teenagers decide your worldview or debate you on this crap. They dont matter to your life. You matter to your life. Get a plan and stick to it.

I agree, what is driving me nuts is that there is a man in this thread seemingly defending those idiotic views