Why Do Girls Look Down on Guys That Live With Their Parents Around the Ages of 22-27?

There are soooooooooooo many people here in this thread who need to take Finance 101 to understand how the world works

Houses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Apartments. Right now is a fantastic time to buy a house because cost of houses is so low and rates are so low. You buy a house in the next 3 years and it could increase as much as 30-50 grand in value within 5-10 years after that if the economy picks up again

Apartments are just wasted money. You're basically paying somebody to live there and it's a terrible investment

Apartments can be as good an investment as a house.

Where I'm from noone lives in houses... They virtually don't exist in the city. And speaking for myself, I would not move to the outskirts just to have a house.

Paying somebody to live there? That's called renting. You can also rent a house, you know? In the UK loads of people do! They rent a house and share it with people! They have back gardens and everything!

On the other hand, you can also BUY an apartment. My ex got his apartment in the centre of London a few years ago and it has doubled in value. So what was it you were saying about investment?

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
Right, you're not mooching, but you're choosing not to make your own way in the world.

yea, me being on pace for my first house at the age of 26 is me not making my own way in the world

:laugh:

For one thing, why would anyone stay in the same city (or worse yet TOWN) all those years?

I live in one of the top 5 nicest and best all around cities in the entire country, that's why. The avg income here is 140 grand. Why move out?

Why would anyone give up the chance to have experiences you can only have on your own -- good or bad, uncomfortable or whatever? I don't get it. We have different mindsets. To you, money is paramount. To me, it's not really --- experiences and independence and so forth are worth the trade off.

A smart man doesn't overcome difficulties. He's smart enough in his preparation and strategy in life to avoid difficulties and hardships as much as possible

ETA: If someone has hardships (the OP said making 35-50K -- that's not a hardship!), I get moving home for a bit to deal with it, but you may not be a good prospect for a serious LTR for someone who has a career that's already been going well for a long time. Just different life phases.

So my buddy who lived at home until he was 30 and now has 400,000 in the bank and will likely have a multi million dollar house in a few years is not a good prospect for a serious LTR? :laugh:

Female logic is truly hilarious. The way you let society brainwash you is just funny to me

udolipixie
Finally a girl who works on logic

Female logic is truly hilarious. The way you let society brainwash you is just funny to me

With such posts likely you living at home may not be the biggest contributor of dating issues, not being considered LTR material, or gals looking down on you.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
With such posts likely you living at home may not be the biggest contributor of dating issues, not being considered LTR material, or gals looking down on you.

I'm just being honest here

Girls care more about what society thinks of them than doing what makes the most logical sense

Most of the girls here seemingly would rather date a chump making 40 grand a year, burning 10 grand of it on an apartment than a guy like me whose gonna be financially settled at a very young age. Why? Because society says that guys living at home at 25 are losers !!11!!!!

udolipixie
I'm just being honest here

Girls care more about what society thinks of them than doing what makes the most logical sense

Most of the girls here seemingly would rather date a chump making 40 grand a year, burning 10 grand of it on an apartment than a guy like me whose gonna be financially settled at a very young age. Why? Because society says that guys living at home at 25 are losers !!11!!!!

Egh honest is subjective to me it seems more like gender role stereotypes likely backed by some hate, dislike, or resentment of gals.

I got that some gals don't care for guys in that age range or guys who lived at home for their own reasons and to them it's illogical to date a guy they don't want.

Seems like to you if a gal doesn't want to date a guy who lives at home it's being brainwashed by society or caring what society thinks.

Also seems your portrayal of what most of the gals on here are based on some skewed perceptions or interpretations of what they posted. They why I got was different life stages, wanting a partner who meshes with them in that sense, wanting a partner whose endured such difficulties, not caring much about money, or defining it as independence.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName

Let's analyze this

They why I got was different life stages,

So a 28 year old making 35 grand a year and living in a studio apartment is at a higher lifestage than guys like me who buy a nice beautiful house at the age of 26 or 27 because we were smart around the ages of 23-26?

wanting a partner who meshes with them in that sense

So somebody living in apartment vs living at home with their parents somehow changes their personality? Come on that's asinine and you know it

I would be the same person if I chose to burn 15 grand a year living in a space that's a fraction of my current house. No on second though, I would be dumber

wanting a partner whose endured such difficulties, not caring much about money, or defining it as independence.

Yea because women don't care about money and want men who have endured life difficulties

That's why those millionaire 2nd generation athletes who have always lived a life of luxury have have a very difficult time attracting women

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ross MwcFan

I've wanted to have my own house since I was a teenager. It's never happened though, I've never had enough money to do that, and I wouldn't know how to do it either. So at the age of 36 I still live with my mum.

udolipixie
Let's analyze this

So a 28 year old making 35 grand a year and living in a studio apartment is at a higher lifestage than guys like me who buy a nice beautiful house at the age of 26 or 27 because we were smart around the ages of 23-26?

I stated "different life stage" as being one of the whys some gals on here had do tell how in your analysis did you equate that to higher lifestyle? :lmao:

To answer the question whether the guy with the apartment is at a higher lifestage or not depends on the gal and her standards. The guys in questioned to me are likely to be at a different life stage as one is living on their own and the other isn't.

So somebody living in apartment vs living at home with their parents somehow changes their personality? Come on that's asinine and you know it

It's not asinine to me as different experiences, environments, and responsibilities may have a tendency to change a person's personality.

I would be the same person if I chose to burn 15 grand a year living in a space that's a fraction of my current house. No on second though, I would be dumber

That's you and some people are different. I know many gals/guys who felt they've changed and I know many who felt they haven't changed.

Yea because women don't care about money and want men who have endured life difficulties

That's why those millionaire 2nd generation athletes who have always lived a life of luxury have have a very difficult time attracting women

Nowhere did I state, suggest, or imply that gals don't care money and want men who have endured life difficulties. I listed that not caring about money & wanting a guy who have endured life difficulties was a why I got from some gals on here. Do tell how in your analysis did you get some gals listed this = gals in general operate the same way?

A gal stating she doesn't care about money doesn't necessarily mean that all or most gals or gals in general don't care about money it means she's claiming not to. Bit curious if your thought process is because one has a vagina they speak or do for all or most that have a vagina.

Your analysis of this hasn't indicated to me that 'girls care more about what society thinks of them than doing what makes the most logical sense' as you claimed. :lmao:

Edited by udolipixie
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
Your analysis of this hasn't indicated to me that 'girls care more about what society thinks of them than doing what makes the most logical sense' as you claimed. :lmao:

I hope I get rejected by a girl for living at home and then hopefully I can see her again when I'm 30-35 and have a half million dollar home

I'm gonna laugh my ass off

udolipixie
I hope I get rejected by a girl for living at home and then hopefully I can see her again when I'm 30-35 and have a half million dollar home

I'm gonna laugh my ass off

Most likely she won't care as she'd be in a relationship with a guy she wants or are you thinking she'd regret missing out on a guy with finances and material possessions as you wish to be valued for such?

Bit curious as to if vindicative hopes are how you handle rejection any for gals who reject you for your age, height, weight, race, looks, sexual history, dating history, and such or is home situation the sole or main fix?

• Author
HallowedBeThyName

On second thought, I might actually get my first house in about a year and a half

I calculate that I'll be earning around 60-70 right away cause of my connections and my extreme work ethic. I should be able to save up 30 grand in a year and get a townhouse around a 100 grand with no problems

Of course, that's still too long right? I'm much better off wasting that 30 grand living in an apartment for a couple years? I would be a better person for wasting 30 grand for no reason

female logic :lmao:

sally4sara
Like I said before, why don't the men living at home date women living at home? Seems the perfect arrangement to me. I'm sure there are plenty of both out there.

Because if they date a woman who is also living at home, they won't have ANY place to go and ****. That's the real reason for the OP's angst. If only a woman who is "financially dumb" would take him to her place so he could get off without hogging the bathroom and running up the water bill! :lmao:

OP, you live in the Midwest and you STILL can't afford to split an apartment with a roomie?!? Rent on my own place (with a kid to support too!) back in my Midwest hometown was about a 3rd of what my current place costs. Sorry it irritates you so much that people can see through your saving up to buy a house excuses. Some people manage to not stay in Parentlandia AND manage their expenses just fine. FWIW, staying with mom and dad till age -ohhhhh - 25 isn't so much of a black spot. But I will admit I'd not be okay with the guy I was seeing using my place to **** because he won't get his own place.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName
Because if they date a woman who is also living at home, they won't have ANY place to go and ****. That's the real reason for the OP's angst. If only a woman who is "financially dumb" would take him to her place so he could get off without hogging the bathroom and running up the water bill! :lmao:

I have a couple friends who are 22 and 23 dating girls around 27 who have their own houses so I don't think that's necessarily true

I don't really care if a girl has her own place or not, I'm not gonna be a hypocrite like that

By the way, what in the world are you talking about "clogging up the bathroom and running up water bill"? What does that mean?

OP, you live in the Midwest and you STILL can't afford to split an apartment with a roomie?!? Rent on my own place (with a kid to support too!) back in my Midwest hometown was about a 3rd of what my current place costs. Sorry it irritates you so much that people can see through your saving up to buy a house excuses. Some people manage to not stay in Parentlandia AND manage their expenses just fine. FWIW, staying with mom and dad till age -ohhhhh - 25 isn't so much of a black spot. But I will admit I'd not be okay with the guy I was seeing using my place to **** because he won't get his own place.

The prospect of spending 600-700 dollars a month to share a little living space that's a fraction of the house that I currently live in is not terribly appealing

Truth be told, I said 26-27 before. I'm probably gonna get my first house at 25-26. I severely overestimated how much of a down payment I will need and I really want to get into the house market ASAP

I have friends in the real estate/financial world telling me it's a fantastic time to buy a house. The economy will recover in the next 10 - 15 years and houses bought for 100-150 grand will raise in value by as much as 40-50 grand so I definitely want to take advantage of that

Girls look down on it? That hasnt been my experience. Especially since plenty of girls, and most of the ones I know, live at home. Thats college and grad school age, and as long as you are furthering your potential, no one looks down on you for living at home and getting your life plan going.

Its when you are in your late 20s, never went to school, or are finished with school, and have no plans to move out...thats when men and women will raise an eyebrow at someone. As long as you have plans to get out then its all good. Some people dont move out until they have money to buy a house for example. Nothing wrong with that.

My best friend didnt move out until he was 25. That was a year after he got his masters, and he never had a problem dating. Hes always had a good job, and his own car, and was simply taking care of his loan situation before he decided to move out. Thats being financially smart.

• Like 1
sally4sara

Get pissy and dream up vindictive fantasies because women who don't want to date you decide to not date you.

Male logic. :lmao:

And if you're clogging up the bathroom rather than hogging the bathroom for your whack off sessions, you should just add that to the list of reasons why some women won't want to date you. :sick:

• Like 1

Also,

I moved out when I was 18, moved back in when I was 19, moved out again when I was 20, and then moved home right as I was turning 21 to go to school. College was the best thing I ever did, and I feel its irresponsible to have moved out and try to live off a high school education. Its also not very smart to move out abd go to college and take on debt while also trying to pay for living expenses. Its a losing battle for a lot of young people which is why the vast majority of people have parental support through their college years. And a great number of people live at home during their early and mid 20s. Easily about half of all young people do.

So its more of a norm than some people think. Unless you arent in school, and unless you are older, I wouldnt worry about how living at home looks to other people.

fortyninethousand322
Get pissy and dream up vindictive fantasies because women who don't want to date you decide to not date you.

Male logic. :lmao:

This is just human nature, and it's perfectly healthy.

And if you're clogging up the bathroom rather than hogging the bathroom for your whack off sessions, you should just add that to the list of reasons why some women won't want to date you. :sick:

This is actually totally unhealthy. Masturbation can kill you (if you're a guy, I have no idea if it can kill women).

1 more thing...I noticed more people who move out right after high school are people who never go to college. It makes sense when you think about all this.

Those who go to college, usually need parental support to make it through because of the financial hardships college can bring. Id say its a good trade off. A few more years home at the nest dealing with the parents rules, in exchange for financial help, and an education that will increase earning potential in the future. Most of my friends are college educated, or still in grad school, and most still live at home and date without issue. Those who have moved out only did so in their mid 20s.

The only people who Ive ever really seen balk at young people still living at home, are those who moved out at a young age, and/or those who never went to college and dont understand how hard balancing those finances can be.

And if someone moves out and still gets any kind of help from their parents money wise, I dont consider that really moving out. I know some people who talk about how they moved out at a young age when it was really them moving somewhere that their parents paid for. Im sorry, but that doesnt count.

OP dont sweat chicks who are gonna hate on your life plan. Do your thing, and let the haters hate.

• Author
HallowedBeThyName

What are you talking about? You're speaking French to me here

Clogging up the bathroom for wack off sessions?

I wack off at home, preferably to videos of beautiful ladies sexing up other beautiful ladies

Why in the world would I want to burn 15-20 grand year to live in a space that's a fraction of the house I'm currently living in?

Independence and privacy

I've wanted to have my own house since I was a teenager. It's never happened though, I've never had enough money to do that, and I wouldn't know how to do it either. So at the age of 36 I still live with my mum.

Damn bro, you look way younger than 36 in your pic. I thought you were around my age (mid 20s) or late 20s at most.

Edited by kaylan
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
Independence and privacy

Honestly, only part of living alone I really want is the ability to have rough and loud sex

Otherwise, my house is big and my parents are awesome so I don't really care about that. I'll be living alone soon enough anyways

I'm just astonished at the women in here saying that "I want nothing to do with a man living at home AFTER HIGH SCHOOL". That is just mind blowing to me that anybody could have that opinion

You're basically saying a man working at a dead end job that moved out after high school is better to you than a man who makes good money saving up for a house that will likely be settled financially at a young age. That's just astonishing to me that anybody could feel that way

This thread is one of those typical LS threads that just confuses me.

What's the point of this thread? Assuming everything you say is true and women "look down" on men who live at home, you have two options: (1) if you really want more dates, then spend some money on an apartment or (2) accept the fact that you won't get much action until you get that million dollar house in a few years and look forward to all the ladies who will be knocking down your door at that point.

90% of the "problems" on LS would go away if people just accepted that they can't change what OTHER people think and do. The only person you can change is yourself.

• Like 2

My last post for this thread:

Listen OP, and to other guys who worry about this crap. Just DONT worry about this crap. Stop thinking about what the hell women think and expect of you. What do YOU expect of YOURSELF? A woman worth her salt in your life wont judge you on the trivial bull crap we always talk about on this forum as long as you have your crap together. Remember, we are prizes too. Stop thinking about what you have to do for some chick you dont know to accept you. What do the women you meet have to offer YOU? Live by that guys.

Get to where YOU want to be as men, and then when you do, ask yourself if the women you encounter are worthy of being in your life. Threads like this continue to put women on a pedestal and its pathetic. I love women, and couldnt live without em, but we men need to stop putting our self beneath them. Why couldnt I live without women? Because they complement us...they complete us...just like we complete them. Our life is this big jumble of puzzle pieces, and so is theirs...and you dont get a complete life experience until we come together. Its corny but true. You guys are awesome too! Know that.

Edited by kaylan
  • Author
HallowedBeThyName
This thread is one of those typical LS threads that just confuses me.

What's the point of this thread? Assuming everything you say is true and women "look down" on men who live at home, you have two options: (1) if you really want more dates, then spend some money on an apartment or (2) accept the fact that you won't get much action until you get that million dollar house in a few years and look forward to all the ladies who will be knocking down your door at that point.

90% of the "problems" on LS would go away if people just accepted that they can't change what OTHER people think and do. The only person you can change is yourself.

I have a couple friends who are dating beautiful older girls that have their own houses, so I don't think this thread is necessarily indicative of the entire female population or even the majority

I just wanted to know why some women look down on men who live at home until 25-26 and basically I got a bunch of nonsense which amounted to nothing more than "I feel this way because society told me so"

Any girl who would not date a man because he's choosing to save a down payment for a house by living at home for a couple years is a idiot anyways.

snug.bunny
Nowadays, with how the economy is and the rising tuition costs, it really makes no sense at all to move out until you're financially stable

The average person leaving college nowadays has 30-50 grand in student loans. Most of them are probably spending what?? 400-500 dollars a month on that alone? Not to mention many of them have cars that they are still paying off, insurance, cell phone bills, etc... etc... The cost of a decent apartment is what? a 1000 dollars nowadays?

Most people leaving college simply cannot afford to live on their own on their 35-50 grand salary without continuing to pile up their debt. It makes no sense to move out until your student loans are payed off, your credit card debt is payed off, you have some money saved up for emergencies and you're making closer to 50-70+ grand at least. Not to mention apartments make no sense in general, this is a great time to buy a house and you're better off saving up 20-30 grand for a house downpayment

A person living at home at a younger age is not a sign of not growing up. It's a sign of somebody who is smart with his money. I swear, it seems like women sometimes would rather date a man with a flashy car and nice apartment that's 50 grand in debt than a person living within his means saving up money to get a house at a reasonably young age

I think looking down on someone given the scenario you described, is silly.

Women in your age bracket, in or just out of college, should be understanding of this especially.