Consolidated Discussion - Paying for Dates

acarls20

If we are in a relationship at this point, then definitely! You repay by cooking for him, taking care of him in other ways (maintaining the place if you live together, cook him meals) and of course, sex.

For the record, BJ's can be given any time of day ;)

Sure, if a relationship has developed at some point.

We are talking about an initial date(s) and why men should pay for it. Why would you possibly deserve such a thing?

I am speaking in regards to dates or initial dates. Which, I think the OP was referring to as well. Not children or possibly marriage at this point.

See, this is what some women think when they are on a date with a man. The thoughts that go through their mind is astounding! Things such as: I wonder if he has a good job, I wonder if he will be a good provider, I wonder if he has a good credit score, I wonder if he is marriage material. I could go on and on.

Most men on a date are just wondering about the current transaction at hand. When am I going to get laid?

I was replying to a post where someone said that some men think a woman belongs in the kitchen. That's why I went there.

But -

It all depends on the date, and what the goal is. I have dated guys where I just wanted sex/fun, and I've dated guys where I was interested in finding something serious.

I don't think I have EVER wondered about someone's credit score on a date though. LOL.

Just so the guys know. There are women out there who will buy a man dinner or a few drinks just because they enjoy his company.

Oh yes, it has happened to me a few occasions and I welcome it. And when I encounter this kind of thing I return in kind. Not very common unfortunately.

Do I deserve for men to pay for the dates?

No.

Do they do it?

Yes.

Really, don't ask me. Ask the guys who insist on paying.

I suspect paying for the date makes them feel manly.

• Like 2
FrustratedStandards
Sure, if a relationship has developed at some point.

We are talking about an initial date(s) and why men should pay for it. Why would you possibly deserve such a thing?

It's not so much about ME as it is about HIM.

A man disrespects himself and makes himself look bad when he takes a girl out and makes her pay for it.

Imagine if a girl invited you over for dinner and then said, "Alright, get to it" and made you cook the whole thing? Wtf?

I always use this example because its the only female equivalent I can think of. It's also food, but just because it has nothing to do with money, a man is allowed to expect her to make it.

The moment $$$ is involved, people get outraged because they think spending $$$ only represents materialism. They just CANT see past that. That's where the stupidity factor falls in and I laugh at men who constantly talk about money when it's about principle.

So if a man doesn't pay for the date, I assume he is too dumb to get the point, and he becomes unattractive.

• Like 1
Do I deserve for men to pay for the dates?

No.

Do they do it?

Yes.

Really, don't ask me. Ask the guys who insist on paying.

I suspect paying for the date makes them feel manly.

Women will gladly accept such a thing without batting an eye. Meanwhile the guys who insist on paying tend to be chumps you don't want to date anyway. They whimper home with an empty wallet and wonder what went wrong. Sucker.

It's not so much about ME as it is about HIM.

A man disrespects himself and makes himself look bad when he takes a girl out and makes her pay for it.

Imagine if a girl invited you over for dinner and then said, "Alright, get to it" and made you cook the whole thing? Wtf?

I always use this example because its the only female equivalent I can think of. It's also food, but just because it has nothing to do with money, a man is allowed to expect her to make it.

The moment $$$ is involved, people get outraged because they think spending $$$ only represents materialism. They just CANT see past that. That's where the stupidity factor falls in and I laugh at men who constantly talk about money when it's about principle.

So if a man doesn't pay for the date, I assume he is too dumb to get the point, and he becomes unattractive.

Umm, so a guy can invite me over to dinner and demand me to prepare it since it is expected for me to cook??

You obviously need a better example

Women will gladly accept such a thing without batting an eye. Meanwhile the guys who insist on paying tend to be chumps you don't want to date anyway. They whimper home with an empty wallet and wonder what went wrong. Sucker.

:laugh:

Oh the theories you spin! You guys are getting caught in your own webs.

Lighten people!

Making a girl pay for a date is a completely different aspect and probably a different topic. That would imply force. I never said such a thing and to my knowledge in this thread no one ever alluded to it.

Lighten people!

Haha C'mon you can't tell me that has never happened. Oh, you know it has.

FrustratedStandards

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Clearly you've run out of arguments.

Umm, so a guy can invite me over to dinner and demand me to prepare it since it is expected for me to cook??

You obviously need a better example

No I don't.

This is the exact same thing.

Man invites girl on date, man makes GIRL pay.

Girl invites man for dinner, girl makes MAN cook.

It's essentially the same thing, only you don't like the sounds of it because it's the other way around now.

• Like 1

Lighten people!

Ah, the fresh scent of sour grapes in his post. :laugh:

If insisting on paying makes a man a 'chump', I wonder what taking cheap and undeserved shots at other men on anonymous relationship forums makes someone?

• Like 1

Whomever requests the date should probably be paying for it.

If he takes you out, he should pay for it. If she takes you out, she should pay for it.

I heard of men being asked out by women and then women expecting to be payed for. That kind of crap really confuses me, and THAT is entitled attitude. Otherwise, it is fair game.

• Like 1
FrustratedStandards
Making a girl pay for a date is a completely different aspect and probably a different topic. That would imply force. I never said such a thing and to my knowledge in this thread no one ever alluded to it.

Even the mere suggestion that she pays half is insulting. YOU are supposed to be taking HER out. Meaning YOU would like to treat HER on a date.

Same thing for the opposite. SHE wanted to invite YOU for dinner, but she made YOU cook your portion of the meal.

Does it still sound appealing to you?

No it doesn't. You would rather she cook the entire meal because that was implied when she invited you to dinner. The only difference here is that one has to cook, and the other has to pay.

I still don't understand why men get so defensive about money. Is everyone on this forum extremely poor? Is this why men hate paying?

If insisting on paying makes a man a 'chump', I wonder what taking cheap and undeserved shots at other men on anonymous relationship forums makes someone?

Insightful, because at one time I was that chump.

Blah blah blah blah blah.

Clearly you've run out of arguments.

No I don't.

This is the exact same thing.

Man invites girl on date, man makes GIRL pay.

Girl invites man for dinner, girl makes MAN cook.

It's essentially the same thing, only you don't like the sounds of it because it's the other way around now.

What??, your example in no way helped prove your point. I hope you plan to be a housewife and realize you don't deserve or need an education. Since that is only expected for man.

FrustratedStandards

I think essentially it has to do with men's insecurity. Men often feel used for money, but women don't feel used as cooks.

So whenever men go on dates, they don't want to pay incase she is using him for the free meal. Yet if a man used a woman for a free meal (she cooked him dinner) and then he bails, she isn't going to spend the rest of her life complaining "Oh no, I will NEVER cook for man, how do I know he won't reciprocate?"

There are a lot of chumps out there.

Even the mere suggestion that she pays half is insulting. YOU are supposed to be taking HER out. Meaning YOU would like to treat HER on a date.

Same thing for the opposite. SHE wanted to invite YOU for dinner, but she made YOU cook your portion of the meal.

Does it still sound appealing to you?

No it doesn't. You would rather she cook the entire meal because that was implied when she invited you to dinner. The only difference here is that one has to cook, and the other has to pay.

I still don't understand why men get so defensive about money. Is everyone on this forum extremely poor? Is this why men hate paying?

Doesn't bother me in the least. Actually I am probably a better cook than her anyway. haha Love to cook. I have had cook offs at my house as a date before. No money spent and free flowing wine.

• Like 1

Talk to any woman married to a chauvinist pig who does nothing around and the house and plenty feel used as cooks. I have met my share of women who really resent cooking for a man.

Also I am not poor but I didn't get to where I am by haphazardly throwing money around.

• Like 1

Just as you know that most woman aren't financial vampires.

If you think a woman is using you, don't date her.

Life is really that simple.

• Like 3
FrustratedStandards
Doesn't bother me in the least. Actually I am probably a better cook than her anyway. haha Love to cook. I have had cook offs at my house as a date before. No money spent and free flowing wine.

I honestly think thats great, but just because something doesn't involve money doesn't make it any more special. Likewise, something that requires money doesn't necessarily become it any LESS special.

Insightful, because at one time I was that chump.

Just because you chose to go down the bitter road doesn't mean everyone else has to jump along with you.

I actually have no problems with men not wanting to pay. I do have a lot of problems with men tearing into other men with unbelievable venom and snideness for wanting to pay. If anyone thinks women are the 'catty' gender, they should read threads on LS about men paying for dates - they'll change their mind in a heartbeat. Live and let live, geez.

• Like 2
I honestly think thats great, but just because something doesn't involve money doesn't make it any more special. Likewise, something that requires money doesn't necessarily become it any LESS special.

Agreed. So why is money so important to you? Why should a man spend his hard earned money on a first date(s). Convince me.

FrustratedStandards
Agreed. So why is money so important to you? Why should a man spend his hard earned money on a first date(s). Convince me.

JESUS CHRIST!

I'm talking to a wall.

Where in my posts did you MISS me saying that its not about the MONEY, it's about the PRINCIPLE!

F*CK!

I'm gonna go take out my anger in Call of Duty now. Pray that when I come back i'm more calm.