Happy Moments

Celebrating family milestones were always happy moments: kids finishing school or graduating university, parents' special wedding anniversaries, weddings, christenings, promotions. Even sad events like funerals were better for being shared.

• Like 1

We had loads of happy moments. I suppose what meant most to me was him sharing stuff with me that he had never told anyone before.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hearing him whisper "I love you sweetheart" just before I fell asleep in his arms for the first time. We had a lot of those moments. But the first one is the one that still sticks with me the most.

• Like 1
Hearing him whisper "I love you sweetheart" just before I fell asleep in his arms for the first time. We had a lot of those moments. But the first one is the one that still sticks with me the most.

Ha! Cute.

I remember him cuddling in to me and saying 'I love you' so quietly I couldn't make it out. I mumbled 'what was that?' and he had thought I was asleep.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Walking down the street holding hands. Sounds simple but I didn't get that in my marriage. :(

Me neither. Physical closeness is so important.

• Like 1
his longing and desire for me showing so clearly in his eyes. (He's still trying to catch up with work after our last trip. :) )

true for my MM too!! many of my fav memories involve him basically drinking me in. i loved how slowly he would stare at me up and down, then up again. in all those years and even recently, he's never come out and said, "you're beautiful," but the way he looked at me (the way he still looks at me, from earlier this year) . . . oh god. years ago, he was resting on this chaise in my living room. i emerged from another room, dressed in just about the least sexiest thing you could think of-- ripped jeans, a t-shirt and a fleece vest-- but he was doing that thing (eye sex). i couldn't help smiling. he did that when i was wearing printed pj bottoms and a freakin' turtleneck too. but the times i *did* put a little extra effort in... sweet jesus, the man would be putty. the chemistry and attraction are still there to this day.

• Like 1