Happy Moments

I think this is a lovely thread and so nice to see so many happy moments, events, and relationships. :love:

• Like 3
  • Author
wellwhynot
I think this is a lovely thread and so nice to see so many happy moments, events, and relationships. :love:

I think so too! Is it poor form for me to "like" my own thread? LOL

I enjoy having a place where we can share our happy moments!

We had one this morning, when he called to tell me that our song was playing on the radio in the car and he wanted to listen to it with me. :)

• Like 2
I think so too! Is it poor form for me to "like" my own thread? LOL

I enjoy having a place where we can share our happy moments!

We had one this morning, when he called to tell me that our song was playing on the radio in the car and he wanted to listen to it with me. :)

Whenever our song would come on he would grab me to dance, if we were together, and if not he'd phone me so we could listen together, too!

I love this thread! It's so nice to share the full picture of a relationship and not just the doom and gloom!

• Like 3

In any relationship one needs to weigh up whether the happy moments outweigh the sad ones and whether the joy outweighs the pain. I learned this from my affair which showed me that even if I added all the happy moments over all the decades of my marriage I would still come nowhere near the happiness a single day in my affair provided me. Enough happy moments can make a few moments of difficulty worthwhile.

We would spend a lot of time communicating and we still do. Some of our happiest moments involve simply sharing things with each other that we'd never shared with anyone else before or since.

• Like 2

Happiest day was the day I dumped the OW and told my wife the truth. Even though she kicked me out of the house for a while. I felt like an elephant had moved off my chest.

• Like 3

Another happy moment for me? The day he asked me to marry him. :love: Happily planning our wedding now. :love:

• Like 5
In any relationship one needs to weigh up whether the happy moments outweigh the sad ones and whether the joy outweighs the pain. I learned this from my affair which showed me that even if I added all the happy moments over all the decades of my marriage I would still come nowhere near the happiness a single day in my affair provided me. Enough happy moments can make a few moments of difficulty worthwhile.

We would spend a lot of time communicating and we still do. Some of our happiest moments involve simply sharing things with each other that we'd never shared with anyone else before or since.

Radagast, this is a very bittersweet post. But I am glad that it brought you joy and happiness. :D

My curiosity is piqued. Are some of you willfully trying to get this thread closed, or you just haven't read the community guidelines in a while?

This thread will not be closed, at least not by me. But I will be handing out infractions for each and every post that violates the guidelines on this thread from this point forward. There has been sufficient warning posted on this thread and there will be no more. It doesn't take many violations to get a temporary or even permanent vacation so think before you post.

VioletFemme

Happy moments.... yeah, I actually have quite a few.

Playing games (cards, board games) at my kitchen table, flirting, stealing looks, laughing, letting the incredible attraction grow.

Laughing and talking and flirting and texting for hours each day.

When he said he loved me, without me saying it first.

Last night for several hours... :)

Good moments, happy moments.

LOVE this thread. Very nice to have a place to say happy and nice things about the "relationships" we are in.

• Like 1
skylarblue

I wouldn’t call them “happy moments”, but I have special fond memories of xMM. The little gifts (nothing expensive) that he’d get me (especially when out-of-town) just to let me know he was thinking of me. How he’d always end every conversation or text with “I love you”. Receiving his “good morning” and “good night” texts/calls every day. Hearing him say “I love you” while intimate and all throughout the day. Hearing his pet name for me “my sweetness”. Both of us crying like children when trying to end things (not that it was a good moment, but a “manly” 55yo cop sobbing like crazy over losing me/us because he loves me is special to me). The week we got to spend together at his home alone. His phone calls/text all day long, everyday, even when he was out with family/W. His protective, body guard nature when we were out together (he made me feel like such a princess). Okay, I gotta stop now before I send myself into a depression…

Another happy moment for me? The day he asked me to marry him. :love: Happily planning our wedding now. :love:

I can relate to this. One of our happiest affair moments was when my lawyer phoned to say my divorce had just been finalised and I was a free man. We phoned our marriage officer immediately to confirm the appointment and then started letting our friends and our family know.The joy, the relief, and the excitement were epic. I don't believe I ever drank so much champagne in my life!

Radagast, this is a very bittersweet post. But I am glad that it brought you joy and happiness. :D

Thank you.

While I am really enjoying this thread I also find it quite difficult to separate individual happy moments during the affair. The whole relationship was such a joy to me and continues to be even though it is no longer an affair but has become legitimised through the issuing of a certificate of marriage.

Moments worth mentioning though include watching my elderly mother hugging my then-lover in a never-let-you-go death clamp and whispering into her ear after their first meeting. My mother is very prone to spontaneous displays of affection but had never hugged my then-wife. No one did, she hated any physical contact. Watching the two women I loved most melt into each other and share confidences so easily warmed my heart and brought tears to all of our eyes.

• Like 2
Thank you.

While I am really enjoying this thread I also find it quite difficult to separate individual happy moments during the affair. The whole relationship was such a joy to me and continues to be even though it is no longer an affair but has become legitimised through the issuing of a certificate of marriage.

Moments worth mentioning though include watching my elderly mother hugging my then-lover in a never-let-you-go death clamp and whispering into her ear after their first meeting. My mother is very prone to spontaneous displays of affection but had never hugged my then-wife. No one did, she hated any physical contact. Watching the two women I loved most melt into each other and share confidences so easily warmed my heart and brought tears to all of our eyes.

Awww! I have found dMM"s to be the sweetest people, his mother especially. They were not close with his ex, but I have become very close to his mom. She is the most gracious, loving woman but a spit fire! :laugh: They are a very nice family and I have so enjoyed getting to know them. My xMIL was very hard to please (though oddly now that we are divorced and he has remarried she is much more pleasant and we have a very good friendship now. I think not being the woman tied to her little boy has elevated my status :laugh:) but dMM's mother is so easy, so nice, and so . . . . well just happy!

So glad things are going so well for you. I can say that dMM still makes my heart flutter and I can't believe how much I can love one man and how much a man can love me. The level that he shows how much he loves me every day, it is astounding. He truly humbles me. :love: Okay I am going to stop now, even making myself nauseous. :p

• Author
wellwhynot

Finding a letter tucked into my purse from him for me to find when I wasn't expecting it, filled with wonderfully sweet words that made me smile.

Receiving a text message from him was always a happy moment, just knowing he was thinking of me.

The first time I realized he was learning my language. There is something very special when someone talks to you in your native tongue.

• Like 1
The first time I realized he was learning my language. There is something very special when someone talks to you in your native tongue.

My wife speaks several languages. She was also thrilled during the affair when I started picking up expressions in her home languages. Even though I am not fluent we do have happy moments, as we did during the affair, when we share those expressions.

On a related note, other happy moments include cuisine. She loved my attempts to master dishes native to her country. I loved her introducing me to them. The native cuisine in my country is so bland and dull by comparison. We've come to share a love of cooking and entertaining as a result.

• Like 1
Stoneman70

My happiest time with my love was just holding her, kissing her, holding hands with her. We had a magical connection. I've never felt this way about another woman. Things have ended, but I know she was my one true love..

DontWorryBHappy

This forum is the only place I can say this. I love it when we dance... Last night we danced to old songs for at least 45 minutes. He's so smooth, and his 6'2 figure makes me melt. He would lift me up and spin me around, dip me, and I loved seeing his smile in the dark. At one point we lit a candle, and he introduced me to one of my new favorite songs. Last night made me a little addicted.

• Author
wellwhynot

Standing on tiptoe in the sand kissing him, sunshine everywhere, his arms around me, feeling like we were the only 2 people in the world.

• Like 1
  • Author
wellwhynot
Hearing her voice.

I LOVE his voice. It's the perfect blend of soft and rough all at the same time. Makes me melt. :)

• Like 2