Girlfriend "won't" find a job

damonca

Thats fine if thats what you want. Im sure youd make a lovely wife and would be a great homemaker and caretaker.

:):love: !

Governments have done more harm in the name of "doing good" than any religion has. Muslims didn't kill 60 million in WWII, or drop two atomic bombs on Japan.

the Koran is the only religious book that preaches genocide, my earlier posting was about a new war, but if you remain unconvinced about any on-going acts of aggression, see this >

Citizen Warrior: Hate Speech

Governments have done more harm in the name of "doing good" than any religion has. Muslims didn't kill 60 million in WWII, or drop two atomic bombs on Japan.

Just give them time.

That is still a lot of unnecessary stress. It's better if the husband can provide.

You may see it as stress. Many other do not. Many women do enjoy working.

Plus there is the benefit a greater quality of life because of the extra income.

Just give them time.

Are you fvking serious? Get outta here with this phobia bs. Wow.

Im an Atheist and I wont bash anyones religion so ignorantly like some of you

the Koran is the only religious book that preaches genocide, my earlier posting was about a new war, but if you remain unconvinced about

any on-going acts of aggression, see this >

If you live anywhere where there is a government then you already live under "ongoing acts of aggression". Only this aggression has the "will of the people" seal of approval.

Seriously, unless you're a free market anarchist then I have a hard time taking anything you say about Islamic oppression seriously.

A college degree does not mean she's a smart woman.

There are plenty of people with college degrees that are admin assistants the rest of their lives. Nothing wrong with that, but not something that requires a degree.

Good point, actually. My dad and my brother have college degrees but lack common sense. My dad cannot even spell, so he'd be doomed if it weren't for spell check in this day and age.

Actually, you'd be surprised how many admin jobs require a degree. It certainly is so in my area. If not a degree, then a hell of a lot of experience for a job that isn't that difficult. It doesn't make sense at all. You don't need to be college educated to do that type of work. It's just an excuse to limit applicants, because of the poor economy. :(

Just give them time.

I sleep next to one every night and she hasn't killed me yet. ;)

This.

the Koran is the only religious book that preaches genocide, my earlier posting was about a new war, but if you remain unconvinced about any on-going acts of aggression, see this >

Lmao @ non-Muslims misinterpreting and bastardizing Koran verses.

Dont even start with me. You will lose this debate.

The Bible is filled with a lot of bs itself. Wanna bash Christians now?

TheFinalWord
I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years (April will be 2 years). She graduated college about a month after we met and since then hasn't really done much with her life. A few months ago I really got on her about searching for jobs, and she filled out a few applications but didn't seem to make a "real" attempt at it.

She currently makes some money for taking care of her grandma, but its nowhere near enough to pay all of her bills, let alone provide a future. This "job" isn't even giving her much experience, as basically she would fix up a few meals for her grandma and maybe do her laundry. She hasn't even really done this lately as she has been staying with her cousin that lives about 45 minutes away for a large part of this time.

The rest of the time she is "running errands" as she explains it to me. Exactly what this entails, I don't really know. I know that she will go to several stores to return things, buy things, or do whatever. This past week a whole day was wasted going with her cousin to look for things for the new house her family moved into. Basically just complete time wasting.

She does take care of some things such as paying bills and for her family, but she isn't setting any sort of future for herself, which is something that I think is VERY important in a relationship. I think most people want their partners to be at least somewhat successful or have a future in which they can contribute financially to the relationship. I have tried to explain to her that although I am not supporting her right now, I desire her to have a work ethic that will give me the secure feeling that she will be a dependable girlfriend and possibly a wife down the road. She doesn't seem to get this and argues back with me that im not supporting her now, so why should I care, etc.

She is 26 years old and has worked ONE seasonal job in her life which lasted a few months. She still lives at home and depends in a large way on support from her mom.

I am by no means very successful though but I believe I have and am still setting up a good future for myself. I am 25, in the Marine Corps Reserves, I have worked since the day I was legally able to, I have a good job that pays decently well and with hard work can lead to a successful career, I am very close to finishing my degree (delayed by military service), and I continue to do personal study to gain certifications for career advancement. I live with a few friends and completely rely on myself for support, no parental help.

I feel like I have waited for 2 years for something to change with her and I have seen myself grow tremendously in those 2 years while she hasn't changed a bit. I don't want to be an ******* because I know that she does help out with family stuff, but I don't see her doing enough that it justifies her sacrificing her own future. Most people pay their bills, run errands, take care of family matters after work and on the weekends. For her this is a 24/7 job when it in reality takes no where near that amount of time and I know for a fact it doesn't because of how she describes her days to me.

I try to have calm discussions about this with her but they always seem to end in a fight. I thought that possibly she is depressed or scared, she hasn't worked in so long (basically has never worked) and it scares the crap out of her to have to go out and look for a job. I have talked about this with her and it still gets nothing accomplished. I have left her my laptop to give her a tool to look for jobs, given her what advice I can give, even a few times browsed job sites for things that may work for her.

I feel that I am right to be upset and nervous about a future with her but wanted to get everybody's input.

Thanks.

ABORT! ABORT!

I haven't read all the posts in this thread. I am writing to the OP b/c I've been in this situation. I dated a "mamma's girl". She went to college to get her degree mainly for bragging rights. She did part-time work using her degree, but she is primarily concerned with being a trophy wife. The job was cake and did not involve any serious sweat equity. Just like her mom, who stays at home all day, has never had a job, and watches Fox news non-stop complaining about "lazy" (code word for low income) people that want govt. health insurance. LOL

My ex had a hard time creating a life vision because she couldn't make her own decisions. Her mom ran her life. Here is a question to ask yourself: Has your GF ever made a serious decision about her life on her own? If not, flee my friend, flee.

If it's the mamma's girl princess, she hasn't and I can guarantee you she never will! If she come from an affluent background it will be even worse b/c she will expect a high standard of living, which you will have to provide :sick:

If you're dating one of these types I would advise to bolt as quickly as possible!

When my ex was about to graduate, I did everything the help her find a job: wrote her resume and cover letters, searched for jobs, the whole nine years. Basically all she had to do was sign her name and make some phone calls. Still, she lacked ambition. It had nothing to do with being able to find a job and everything to do with her goal in life to be a trophy wife.

You have to be careful if you're dating a mamma's girl princess.

There are basically two types of women: princesses and partners.

If you want a trophy wife, then a princess type may be for you. These are women that will look good on your arm (unless they don't exercise in which case they will eventually get fat), but aren't going to contribute much in terms of income. You will have to make the money and they will expect to be spoiled. Running "errands", looking good when you go to social events, making you dinner will be her primary contribution.

Don't mistake "house wives" with princesses. Not the same thing. A stay at home mom is the toughest job on the planet. It definitely falls into the "partner" category. A princess will have a hard time juggling kids and maintaining her spoiled lifestyle.

A partner is a woman that will share in the vision for your life. If that's to become financially independent, she will contribute equally by working hard herself and supporting your professional goals. If it's to be a stay at home mom, she will work hard to educate her kids and raise them in a solid family environment. OR the opposite, if she is the bread winner she will support your being a stay at home dad.

Partner = Discuss things in terms of "we", shares and contributes to your goals and you contribute to hers, has a equal say-so in decisions and can think for herself

Princess = entitled, "me" centered, can't make her own decisions

Edited by TheFinalWord
This.

Lmao @ non-Muslims misinterpreting and bastardizing Koran verses.

Dont even start with me. You will lose this debate.

The Bible is filled with a lot of bs itself. Wanna bash Christians now?

but the Bible has no suggestions of religious murder as its mandate

Many women do enjoy working.

Plus there is the benefit a greater quality of life because of the extra income.

Yes, there's probably some women out there who "love" going to work.

And the extra income must be welcome by some men.

I have a Muslim community in the US that I belong to and love. They are awesome and have just built a huge beautiful mosque.

But if I met a Saudi man that wants to live in Saudi Arabia I'd follow him of course.

Not for nothing, but the new Mosques and Hindu temples that Ive seen sprout up across NY puts other religious architecture to shame. Just something about the culture from the Asian continent...they make such lovely buildings.

Ok well let's try an experiment. Walk around New York City and show a random Muslim guy some marijuana. Next, go show the marijuana to a cop. Which of these actions do you think will land you in a cage?

• Like 1

Lmao.

Are you freaking kidding me? You havent read the bible then kid.

Not for nothing, but the new Mosques and Hindu temples that Ive seen sprout up across NY puts other religious architecture to shame. Just something about the culture from the Asian continent...they make such lovely buildings.

Yes! :love:

the new Mosques...puts other religious architecture to shame...they make such lovely buildings.

(Time for prayer yet kaylan? :love:)

unconvinced, i'll leave you two cultural jihadis to message each other preferring myself the input of ex-muslims Nonie Darwish, Marayam Namazie and Brigit Gabriel

P.S. - Itd be nice if you actually bought a Koran and read it yourself...instead of listening to people and websites who go out of their way to discredit, misquote, and corrupt the scripture inside the Koran.

And before you start spouting off about the verses that compel Muslims to engage in Jihad, how about you actually look up what Jihad really is.

kthanxbai

unconvinced, i'll leave you two cultural jihadis to message each other preferring myself the input of ex-muslims Nonie Darwish, Marayam Namazie and Brigit Gabriel

Im an ex Muslim myself idiot.

Im an Atheist now.

Am I supposed to believe Christianity is all bad because some ex Christians say so? Im smart enough to not let the dark times of certain cultures, to color the entirety of Islam as bad.

Edited by kaylan
P.S. - Itd be nice if you actually bought a Koran and read it yourself...instead of listening to people and websites who go out of their way to discredit, misquote, and corrupt the scripture inside the Koran.

And before you start spouting off about the verses that compel Muslims to engage in Jihad, how about you actually look up what Jihad really is.

kthanxbai

all personal gripes and not one fact!

all personal gripes and not one fact!

Lmao this is the best counter argument you have? Go troll elsewhere.

Im an ex Muslim myself idiot.

Im an Atheist now.

Nooo...don't say that. Astaghfirullah!

May Allah remove the veils of brother kaylan, Inshallah!

Brigitte Gabriel was never a Muslim. She's an Arab Lebanese Christian. I see intelligence is not one of your strong suits.

you are maintaining the personal gripes syndrome having no facts to bring to the debate goodbye

And like I said before...stop citing websites that spitefully misquote scripture and have a vendetta against Islam.

Actually provide some scholarly resources or gtfo.

You should actually read the Koran yourself instead of buying into hateful propaganda. When you do buy into such nonsense, you are no better than the Muslims who are mislead to hate and harm other people.

Now please stop derailing this thread. There was no reason to even start this exchange. Ariadne simply stated her belief about woman and working as it pertains to her religion. It was on topic. Your trolling posts were not.

You can PM me if you wish to continue this exchange. You will be ignored if you continue to post here...and most will likely have your posts deleted. All of these probably will be since they are off topic.

Brigitte Gabriel was never a Muslim. She's an Arab Lebanese Christian. I see intelligence is not one of your strong suits.

This.

Edited by kaylan