Can I improve my personality?

ptp

• Author
Yes, you can improve your personality, but you can't change it.

Describe yourself. That way we could get a clearer idea of what you're like and can have more to work with.

I am cross between Jason Bourne and James Bond with the wit of John Stuart, mysteriousness of Johnny Depp and I dress like George Clooney in Ocean's 11 to boot.

Yup.....that about covers it.

I don't know what do you want to know about me?

I am extrovert who is really into sports, tech/computers, computer security, science especially physics and math.

FrustratedStandards
I am cross between Jason Bourne and James Bond with the wit of John Stuart, mysteriousness of Johnny Depp and I dress like George Clooney in Ocean's 11 to boot.

Yup.....that about covers it.

I don't know what do you want to know about me?

I am extrovert who is really into sports, tech/computers, computer security, science especially physics and math.

I'm surprised that a smart guy like this has trouble getting women. Where do you usually approach them?

My suggestion would be to join some sort of club or organization that deals with one of the things you really like. You will meet tons of women with the same interests. Maybe that could help?

I am just trying to figure what are these personality traits and I see a pattern of guys who are more of the "artsy" or "musician" types. That is 180 degrees from the type I am.

Passion. Especially passion for her.

• Like 2
  • Author
Passion. Especially passion for her.

:laugh: You have an ability to make a guy feel good. I wish it was that simple...maybe it is and I need to open my eyes.

However, to illustrate my point, this video is the most fascinating thing I have seen all week.

When I go out tonight, I would love to meet a girl who I know would also find this interesting, but that rarely happens for me.

:laugh: You have an ability to make a guy feel good. I wish it was that simple...maybe it is and I need to open my eyes.

However, to illustrate my point, this video is the most fascinating thing I have seen all week.

When I go out tonight, I would love to meet a girl who I know would also find this interesting, but that rarely happens for me.

I think that video is pretty fascinating.

But that isn't exactly Friday night conversation :p

But that passion is great! You ALSO need to show some passion for women. Resisting makes a woman feel so.....resistible. Not hot.

How the heck do you show passion for a woman?

There are a lot of ways to do it, but you absolutely must communicate a sexual desire to show passion for a woman!

Cerri gave a good list earlier....could be a smoldering look, or a playful compliment. But do something that communicates "I want you."

• Like 1
There are a lot of ways to do it, but you absolutely must communicate a sexual desire to show passion for a woman!

Cerri gave a good list earlier....could be a smoldering look, or a playful compliment. But do something that communicates "I want you."

"Cheeky, fun and flattering."

I don't know what cheeky means and I'm assuming flattering means giving compliments.

But I've always been cautions as to what type of compliments and when to give them.

One thing cerri has mentioned a few times to me is to be bold and I'm still having trouble decoding what that actually means.

From personal experience, some guys are really able to draw out strong emotions from women. A huge part of that is physical attractiveness...but a huge part of that is personality and attitude.

Without a doubt...for the quality women, this is what really draws an emotional response from them...

I am just trying to figure what are these personality traits...

Make them laugh and make them think...

Without a doubt...for the quality women, this is what really draws an emotional response from them...

Make them laugh and make them think...

Absolutely.

And make them wonder what else you can do.

Seriously.

• Like 1
...and make them wonder what else you can do.

I can play an accordion underwater.

"Cheeky, fun and flattering."

I don't know what cheeky means and I'm assuming flattering means giving compliments.

But I've always been cautions as to what type of compliments and when to give them.

Flattering doesn't necessarily mean giving someone direct compliments...it's about showing that you value something about that person and it can be demonstrated through words or actions or a combination thereof...

One thing cerri has mentioned a few times to me is to be bold and I'm still having trouble decoding what that actually means.

Bold...assertive...decisive...knowing what you want and going after it...making strong moves that leave no doubt in your mind that you're 100% committed to what you're doing...being "bold" is a completely internal mindset...it doesn't matter what others see, it's only about how you feel about yourself...and if you are internally bold, then it will show externally through your demeanor and attitude...

Absolutely.

And make them wonder what else you can do.

Seriously.

Ah, yes, and that is the fun part...

Flattering doesn't necessarily mean giving someone direct compliments...it's about showing that you value something about that person and it can be demonstrated through words or actions or a combination thereof...

Hmm, that clears things up a bit but I still don't get it. Or maybe I do and it's something I do naturally but am not fully aware of?

Bold...assertive...decisive...knowing what you want and going after it...making strong moves that leave no doubt in your mind that you're 100% committed to what you're doing...being "bold" is a completely internal mindset...it doesn't matter what others see, it's only about how you feel about yourself...and if you are internally bold, then it will show externally through your demeanor and attitude...

OK, in that sense I am most certainly not bold.

It sounds like something that can not coexist with fear and insecurity.

No, that's how I mean it. Direct compliments.

A girl could be a fun nerd but expressing that she's a great gamer may not generate the same sort of heat as expressing she's got legs you can't stop thinking about.

Yes.

And risk being "creepy" for God's sake.

Coming across as creepy seems to be the More Ineffective Male's number one fear.

(No offense anyone.)

• Like 2

A girl could be a fun nerd but expressing that she's a great gamer may not generate the same sort of heat as expressing she's got legs you can't stop thinking about.

Yes.

Coming across as creepy seems to be the More Ineffective Male's number one fear.

(No offense anyone.)

Are you serous?

Risk coming across as creepy?!

With only certain girls or with them all?

Are you serous?

Risk coming across as creepy?!

With only certain girls or with them all?

Are these real questions?

I can't tell.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

I can do creepy very well. But when I imagine myself saying it, all I can picture next is a hand shaped object traveling 98 miles per hour towards my face.

Also, I can imagine that being 'creepy' is more acceptable depending on how familiar I am with the girl and the context of our relationship.

Hmmm, good point. You've got to target certain things that she's not used to hearing...a pretty girl that's used to hearing about her looks will be much more receptive to hearing compliments about her unique interests or sense of humor, etc...

Yes.

(No offense anyone.)

Bold has no sense of "creepy"...because a bold guy has no worry about how he comes across externally...

No, I'm not being sarcastic.

I can do creepy very well. But when I imagine myself saying it, all I can picture next is a hand shaped object traveling 98 miles per hour towards my face.

Also, I can imagine that being 'creepy' is more acceptable depending on how familiar I am with the girl and the context of our relationship.

Listen.

I'm not saying SHOOT for creepy, I'm saying question what you think "creepy" is.

Stop playing it so safe.

Stop being so afraid of offending women by showing interest.

Stop it all now, put on your big boy pants (all of you), and make a move.

You know what I mean by bold, SD.

There are examples of bold flirting all over this board.

Do that in real life.

Need examples?

Go look in the Man Cave. That woman with the beard is the creepiest.

Bold has no sense of "creepy"...because a bold guy has no worry about how he comes across externally...

You're hitting them out of the park tonight.

You're hitting them out of the park tonight.

I had a good day at work today. My boss said I'm doing great work. :):laugh: