So Sick Of Being a Consolation Prize

verhrzn

Losing my old hair was debilitating.

I have grown up with thick long hair.

I have a severe face and I look unnatractive with thinning, fine, minimal hair.

I had nightmares every night regarding my hair loss. I was extremely depressed over it.

Having my hair back gave me the CONFIDENCE to go and start making the necesary changes.

My hair was special to me, Else. Without it, it severely impacted my quality of life. For me, it mattered greatly, and with my new hair, I INSTANTLY felt like I could go out and handle life.

ANd I could. Without my hair, I honestly found it just SO difficult, to out out and do what I needed to do.

Getting the extensions ENABLED me to live life. Losing my hair was honstly a devastating experience for me, u cannot possible judge how it made me feel.

People overcome far worse adversity than me, however: for me, having hair again, it made me ABLE to go out and study for a bit, get work for a while, meet guys and friends....

A seamingly trivial non essential thing, my hair, actually MADE me able to go about my life FAR FAR FAR FARRR easier, than WITHOUT MY HAIR.

I never mentioned living without hair. There is a huge spectrum between living without hair entirely, and continuing to pay for extensions for years and years because you feel yours is too thin, flat, etc. You know, there are a lot of things I could do with my appearance for the money put into my education. For starters, I'd get chemical hair straightening, then I'd get laser dermabrasion to remove my scars and.. really, the list could go on and on. I COULD do all of those because I 'need them to feel attractive', and quit university and live in my parents' flat complaining that I had no money the entire time. Or I could do what I do, and put off all of that until such a time as I have improved the important things in life, like attaining an education.

A LOT of things about your appearance make a 'huge impact' on your life, don't they? You refused a part time job so you could have time to work out everyday, because your thin body is more important than a job. You go on and on and on about your vagina not being an 'innie' and using that as a reason why you can never get oral sex.

Ever considered that those things only have the impact that you let it?

ELSE - trust me, there are somethings that impact me minimally if I let them..

I have a verysitive outlook:):):):) I am going to find work, get a career I want one day, and travel I am sure.

I have a great and rich life ahead of me, and Iam so thrilled to have me health:):):)

My hair man..... it is just something I found it VERY difficult to live without.

I had a medical compication, which stopped my hair growing back after I lost it.

I literally had no hair, besides a very, very thin sheet of hair. Basically, looking bald was just as attractive.

Getting my old hair back, until my natural hair grows back, just made my life SOO MUCH EASIER.

Learning to live without my hair for some time, made it harder to acomplish everything else in life.

Fortunately, the medical issue has been treated, and in 20 years my hair will be back to the thickness it once was.

I am happy with my extensions until then.

my vagina is an " innie". A guy had sex with me ( guys) when I was too young to stop them. I said no, but they thought I was a slut. It tore my vagina up, and made me an outie. It hurt to walk because it hung down.

I got it fixed, because a family friend is a Gyno and Obst. for a discount price.

Look. Certain appearance factors have changd my life. Namely, the hair and vagina things.

I just think that, when it comes to relationships - FINDING a greater option, finding MORE PEOPLE, enables u to have more chance of finding more great people for you:):):)

Of course, it is you rpesonality and who you are that gets a guy to spend their life with you and fall in love.... however, to GET the guy to begin with, a level pf physical ttraction is needed, to greatly mprove your chances of GETTING the guy to begin with.

Eh. You're right, this is getting completely out of topic. I just wanted to say that I thought it was horrible advice, to tell women that it's great and attractive to use taxpayers' cash for extensions and braces. This doesn't apply to V though, as she has a decent job and can probably afford them if she finds the cost worth it, so meh, I'm not saying any more here.

How is not a thing at all? He could have pursued me, and he choose her instead.... and made a connection with me only after he got rejected.

I DID like the guy, but I don't anymore. My issue is that this happens ALL the time. In this case I was lucky.... most times I don't find out until months into a relationship. But it always seems like I'm the 2nd choice behind a girl who rejected the guy, and this is just another chain in a long pattern.

This is what you have to look at, you chased him. You friended him on FB, then you suggested going out.

A guy that's truly interested will do what you did- to you (not the other way around).

Here is what my boyfriend would say:

" yeah, I went after the hot chicks, because I was horny and they attracted me"

" hot chicks turned out to be not so interesting, but I did hang out with this other chick"

" she turned out to be such a cool person, that I felt quiet attracted once I started talking to her more and getting to know her"

Once a guy falls in love or is falling in love with you, you may not have been the HOTTEST chick they went for, BUT... u WILL NOT be a " colsolation prize"...

MOst guys oggle hot girls, sexually.. but most guys are average, and end up talking to an average cute girl instead, who ends up being their FIRST CHOICE.

A guy can fall for average chicks, and end up seeing those chicks as their first prize; Plenty of guys who have AVERAGE girls would NEVEr trade them in for a hottie.

• Like 1