Do men avoid settling as women get older?

Febreze

And we all know women just tons of humanity for men. It goes both ways.

Really? I thought it only went one way in your eyes, Woggle.

It actually DOES only go one way, as in.... HUMANS lack "humanity" --- not a specific gender.

ATrainofAngels
... Which is why I've been single for nearly a year, been dumped TWICE for being unattractive (actual words), NEVER get hit on or flirted with, and never get messaged online.

Exactly what bar do I have to clear to qualify for sympathy from the "only men have a tough time with dating" crowd?

why don't you actually attempt to hit on guys you like instead of waiting around for guys to hit on you who are probably intimidated by how good looking you are???

oh wait, women don't do that - god forbid a female put in any work in the dating game right???

Disenchantedly Yours
And we all know women just tons of humanity for men. It goes both ways.

Better becareful Woggle. Everytime I post something I'm going to pretype what your response will be to save you a step.

fortyninethousand322
The lack of humanity from men on this board for women never ceases to stop astounding me.

Goes both ways. One good turn deserves another, right?

Better becareful Woggle. Everytime I post something I'm going to pretype what your response will be to save you a step.

It's true though. Women here complain that men have no empathy for women but women have zero empathy for men on here as well.

Goes both ways. One good turn deserves another, right?

Grr, it doesn't!

It's called HUMANity, not WOMANity nor MANity.

HUMANITY! ONE WAY! Ahhhhhh.

"Animality" pretty much. **** it.

It's true though. Women here complain that men have no empathy for women but women have zero empathy for men on here as well.

So you're just as bad as what you're against (and what you're against is just as bad as you).

Awesome.

Grr, it doesn't!

It's called HUMANity, not WOMANity nor MANity.

HUMANITY! ONE WAY! Ahhhhhh.

"Animality" pretty much. **** it.

In a perfect world you would be right but we do not live in a perfect world.

ATrainofAngels

We have zero empathy for women because their idea of dating difficulty is a ***king j-o-k-e

It's like a kid being born into a rich family complaining to a kid born into a blue collar family about how "making money is so hard". That's why I get very irritated

why don't you actually attempt to hit on guys you like instead of waiting around for guys to hit on you who are probably intimidated by how good looking you are???

oh wait, women don't do that - god forbid a female put in any work in the dating game right???

Except I HAVE. How the heck do you think I ever end up in relationships... the ONLY way I get a boyfriend is by being the one to make the first move.

And guess what? The guy dates me, but never really wants me, and is dating me purely because hey why not, no better prospects, she initiated, etc.... but always ends up dumping me some handful of months later for the hotter girl.

Do I get to be part of the club yet?

In a perfect world you would be right but we do not live in a perfect world.

I'm pretty sure we're both referring to humans.

Idiocy doesn't change REALITY.

I'm pretty sure we're both referring to humans.

Idiocy doesn't change REALITY.

We are all humans but men and women these days are on two very opposing sides.

ATrainofAngels
Except I HAVE. How the heck do you think I ever end up in relationships... the ONLY way I get a boyfriend is by being the one to make the first move.

And guess what? The guy dates me, but never really wants me, and is dating me purely because hey why not, no better prospects, she initiated, etc.... but always ends up dumping me some handful of months later for the hotter girl.

I dunno, maybe you're the extreme exception to the rule

all the women I have ever known (sisters, cousins, friends, friend's cousins/sisters) get constantly hit on everywhere they ever go

Gee, and "hostility", "anger", "bitterness", "hatred", are going to quell this "war"?

Hmm. I thought those things were better at protraction, silly me.

fortyninethousand322

Not every woman, but some.

I'm having less and less sympathy for anyone these days, man or woman.

Not every woman, but some.

I'm having less and less sympathy for anyone these days, man or woman.

Misanthropy is always more sightly :lmao::love:

Are we twins? You sound exactly like me.

I make the first move so they date me out of convenience not want.

ATrainofAngels

if that is truly the case, I'm very sorry

every woman deserves a good man who truly loves her

if that is truly the case, I'm very sorry

every woman deserves a good man who truly loves her

Yeah...I'm sorry too. My last 6 boyfriends married the girl they dated right after me. No, I'm not lying...6 boyfriends over a 8 yr span did this.

I just wish I could figure out how to pick the right ones instead of always the wrong ones.

My current guy is great, don't get me wrong, but definitely not marriage material for me.

Febreze,

Yes, they do. You HAVE to read this article. It was life changing for me. You won't regret it. It basically says a guys marriage light comes on around 27-28ish after college- then they stay in "get married" mode for about 5-6 years... after that the light goes off and they stay single.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3088165/ns/today-today_hidden/t/why-men-marry-some-women-not-others/

Amazing article.

GREAT article that definitely echoes my experiences. To me, this is not about hating men or women. However, I approach dating just like I approach education, career, and other things in my life. There are certain times in your life that you are primed to do certain things. Be it because there is peer support, cultural support, or whatever. You or I am not that special. Such things take a predictable course. Separate in life stage from your peer group and you are more likely to struggle.

Not always true. My gf approached me and I am not dating her out of convenience. However, there is also a good chance I never would have met her if she left it all up to me. I don't have the time or inclination to hit on every women who smiles at me. Sometimes, a guy needs someone to stand out a little bit and make themselves known, so he knows where to direct his advances. It does not mean I am not attracted to her or that I do not want her. I let women know I am interested all the time. Should I assume all women date me only out of convenience?

Yeah...I'm sorry too. My last 6 boyfriends married the girl they dated right after me. No, I'm not lying...6 boyfriends over a 8 yr span did this.

I just wish I could figure out how to pick the right ones instead of always the wrong ones.

My current guy is great, don't get me wrong, but definitely not marriage material for me.

Why are you dating him then? Why is he not marriage material?

Disenchantedly Yours

Only if you got a penis apparently.

Your question made me laugh Verhrzn.

• Author
Just becaues your shy doesn't mean you get to lump women into a collective group of having an easy breezy life with no issues of their own. Especially when women here are telling you different. I am a woman and I am telling you as someone who has been rather shy with men my whole life that men aren't beating down the door to ask me out.

What bothers me about this is that even "shy/average" guys are collectively looking at the hottest most out going girls out that probably do get hit on alot and they are slunking off. Meanwhile there are probably alot of regular girls sitting in the corners not getting hit on that are getting completely ignored by said shy guy that is too busy with his eye on the hot/out going girl. I'm certainly not ulgy or anything but I am not the hottest girl out there either and I've gone out and sat at bars with friends and watched guys approach really hot out going girls and ignore other ones. Ignored me! So don't sit there and act like dating is so easy for women as a collective group. Women are human beings just like you that sometimes face the same social issues.

You want sympathy but you have to understand that women are people just like you first.

Thank u so much! Why does this thread feel like a men vs. women issue and not about the root of the problem, which is that men make it harder on a woman once she reaches 30 and over.

I've read some posts on here and while some seemed honest to a degree, others were downright sexist, ageist, and just insulting :mad:

I cant remember all the names in here but a few guys claimed that a lady is worthless unless she has youth and beauty? Get real! Looks fade for all people in time. The only thing that remains is a good heart. To me that's what counts. I have all of that and then some, clear?

I want you guys to stop the ageist nonsense I'm seeing in here. We dont do that crap to you so why do it to us?

I also don't appreciate comments on how I should've just married up when I was given offers back then. I was settling into my career at the time so why should I grab up the first bachelor that approaches with a flashy ring?

Thank u so much! Why does this thread feel like a men vs. women issue and not about the root of the problem, which is that men make it harder on a woman once she reaches 30 and over.

I've read some posts on here and while some seemed honest to a degree, others were downright sexist, ageist, and just insulting :mad:

I cant remember all the names in here but a few guys claimed that a lady is worthless unless she has youth and beauty? Get real! Looks fade for all people in time. The only thing that remains is a good heart. To me that's what counts. I have all of that and then some, clear?

I want you guys to stop the ageist nonsense I'm seeing in here. We dont do that crap to you so why do it to us?

I also don't appreciate comments on how I should've just married up when I was given offers back then. I was settling into my career at the time so why should I grab up the first bachelor that approaches with a flashy ring?

Men don't make it harder on you just as women didn't make it harder on me when I had little money. The dating market is what it is. No one is saying you should have married anyone. However, don't complain if you chose to forgo proposals during the prime marriage years and now it is more difficult for you. It is like complaining that you chose to pass up a great job when the economy was good to travel and now you can't find one half as good. No one says that you must take that job, but you can't blame the economy for your decision.