Why do all guys I date stop losing interest too quickly? Is there something wrong?

annabanana85

Haha, this is awesome! My SO is Bulgarian too (lives in Sofia). Definitely the best women in europe, though the worse guys :p (not Bulgarian myself).

Zdrasti ^^

Of the few Bulgarian people I’ve met the girls always seemed nice the guys always stupid dicks.

• Author
annabanana85

That is why I cannot really go for Bulgarian guys unless they are intellectual and open minded. Not to sound elitist or anything, but the uneducated Bulgarian guys tend to be your typical Eurotrash who are interested in making fast money, clubbing and designer clothes and are very ignorant and sexist. Which unfortunately tends to make majority of the Bulgarian guys in my city :(

That is why I cannot really go for Bulgarian guys unless they are intellectual and open minded. Not to sound elitist or anything, but the uneducated Bulgarian guys tend to be your typical Eurotrash who are interested in making fast money, clubbing and designer clothes and are very ignorant and sexist. Which unfortunately tends to make majority of the Bulgarian guys in my city :(

I never met a Bulgarian man who didn't have some stupid plan to make money.

HAHA, you sound exactly like my SO!

Well, it funny than that you go to meet all those guys you're talking about at clubs and such, it's the typical place to meet the douches.

Try joining some activity group of your liking, than the men you meet there will have at least 1 common ground with you to begin with; Like: hiking group, gym, fitness, chess, astronomy, nature, etc etc... (whatever you like).

Countries of people definitely aren't generalizable. You can't say "bulgarian guys are". There are toooo many of them. There may be different cultural differences, but that's a culture thing, not a "bulgarian guy" thing. I would assume socio-economic factors are more like "Mac Donalds is a restraunt here that serves burgers, and over here serves sushi" not "The americans like fast food, the asians like sushi". Even though that may be true for some individuals, or larger porportions of each culture like one thing over the other, the statement in quotes still doesn't fit either culture.

So Bulgarian guys are all 'Eurotrash' and American guys are either 'bros' or snobs. Yeah, it's gonna be tough for you (though I get a feeling that the problem does not lie with the men in this particular instance).

Yeah I find this interesting as well. Yet, all of them lose interest in OP fast. Hmmmm.

she's had enough of these "career minded" guys that don't have "diverse interests" that's all ;-) (hint: neither of these are likely true in reality)...

Well thanks for the encouraging words guys now I feel so much better :) I do not think that I have a bad personality as well. I have been nothing but super nice to all these guys and have plenty of interesting things to talk about. I'm beginning to think that the problem is my choice of my man and pick up zone. Probably they were all players and not interested in serious relationships and once they realized that I am a nice serious girl, they backed off. I hope they find some superficial bitch who is interested in them for their money or something else and get their come-uppance.

You have extremely low self esteem and therefore you pick guys below your league because this is less of a threat to your fragile ego.

But, your self esteem is so low that that you need to diminish this men with your comments regarding looks and blue collar status.

On top of that you send photos to guys on the forum fishing for compliments.

You are a classic case of low self esteem and you need psych counseling.

Forgot to add:

You have sex way too fast which is essentially another way to look for the external validation needed to maintain your low self esteem.

Edited by Pierre
You have extremely low self esteem and therefore you pick guys below your league because this is less of a threat to your fragile ego.

But, your self esteem is so low that that you need to diminish this men with your comments regarding looks and blue collar status.

Forgot to add:

You have sex way too fast which is essentially another way to look for the external validation needed to maintain your low self esteem.

I was just about to respond to this thread but when I read this post I decided not to bother - says it all really!

I don't think her self esteem is necesarily low. People these days all seem to have low self esteem though.

But' date=' your self esteem is so low that that you need to diminish this men with your comments regarding looks and blue collar status. [/quote']

She did seem to be diminishing them. But theres a chance she just realizes that her taste in men isn't extravagent. Like when I really like a woman and I realize she is a rare taste as opposed to common focus of attention that only makes me like her more. I'm not looking for a trophy gf I'm looking for my perfect fit.

Dude all women love compliments and it was fun to see her pics and the guys she dated and stuff. I mean this entire forum is about getting a glimpse into other peoples lives.

Like psych counseling ever fixed a normal person like her. Please she's perfectly normal. She had a few failed relationships and had sex with two or three guys hardly crazy.

Forgot to add:

I love it when a girl has sex to fast and I refuse to discourage that. Never have I said to myself "boy I really like this girl but she had sex too much, and too soon!" In fact sex fast only hooks me.

Eddie Edirol
Yes, that is exactly the problem I am experiencing. When I talk to American guys that I meet at school, I find them very sheltered and career oriented to the point that they do not have a lot of outside interests. They are kind of boring and are interested in sports, brewing beer, exercising and are not very worldly, intellectual or fun. Most have not left the midwest and have a very limited outlook on life and are too conventional for me.

On the other hand, I find European guys more fun, intense and affectionate and tend to have more things to talk about. But I feel like since most of them are not very educated, I cannot really have very intellectual conversations with them and get the sense that they might prefer more traditional women. Other European grad students in my city usually tend to be temporary and are not looking for relationships.

The last guy I was dating was Russian and had been in the US less than a year. I think the fact that he did not really have an international perspective really made it hard, never mind the language barrier...

Youre basically looking for the same thing that all american women are looking for. Looks, worldliness, well rounded and educated, and experienced. Most of those guys are taken, so youre gonna have a hard time finding that anyway.

HeavenOrHell

Maybe you were well below their league, or maybe too judgemental, maybe your personality wasn't attractive to them, maybe the inside of the package wasn't as attractive to them as the wrapping.

You come across as snooty, and looking down on people who you see as beneath you.

I am a 25 year old girl who is considered very smart, pretty and attractive. I am a graduate student and am smart, intellectual, well-spoken and well-read. I have a lot of hobbies and have been playing the piano for 10 years. I am considered very attractive and have a lot of friends. I own a nice apartment and dress well.

The guys I've dated all seemed to lose interest in me pretty soon in the game (~1 month) and according to my friends they were all way below my league. They were not particularly attractive guys and most of them did not have decent jobs or were particularly charismatic.

To give you some examples, one of them was a broke construction worker and the other one was a very short and non-attractive guy. I've mostly met these guys at night clubs, bars and parties.

So why did they lose interest in me after a month? In the beginning, they were all super affectionate and interested and were declaring their adoration and love but the interest would taper off after two weeks. I really want to know what is wrong with me. I feel depressed :( Help!

Edited by HeavenOrHell
ConfusedGuy28
Maybe you were well below their league, or maybe too judgemental, maybe your personality wasn't attractive to them, maybe the inside of the package wasn't as attractive to them as the wrapping.

You come across as snooty, and looking down on people who you see as beneath you.

Without knowing you, I'd have to agree with this. Maybe you don't mean to be - but why is an attractive, well-cultivated, etc woman going out with people who you already deem to be beneath you?

It's like saying "I'm one of the world's greatest basketball players, but I only play against 12 year olds. They seem really happy to want to play with me, but after a few games they lose interest and leave. I just don't understand! help!"

Also - try not sleeping with people that soon. It's easy to sniff out who wants to "chill" when you're at a bar/club....maybe you give the vibe that you want to "have fun," and most guys figure "she's hot but kind of stuck up....i'll get mine and bounce and skip the crazy"