Bf's trip and lack of contact are starting to get to me

Eternal Sunshine

I wonder what would happen if one would lock ES, SG and TBF up in the same room. I imagine lots of hair pulling, screaming and scratching. Good times.

Another thing that bothers me is that ES is very happy to announce that

she's crazy and mixed up and worse--but people who are truly crazy and mixed up or worse NEVER (in my experience) ever recognize that they are

crazy.

That's not uncommon to be romantically challenged one on hand and normal in other aspects of your life.

I'm like that. I'm a better coach than a player.

I'm really bad in relationships- and really good in every other aspect of my life.

I wonder what would happen if one would lock ES, SG and TBF up in the same room. I imagine lots of hair pulling, screaming and scratching. Good times.

I would not stoop to that level or bother wasting that kind of energy. :rolleyes:

Final note to Ruby: not only are you way off here, but I have read you more recent posts. You used to be a poster that I enjoyed reading and were generally logical and interesting. In the recent months, you have turned so bitter that it seeped into your advice. I can only imagine that it seeped into the way you act towards men in real life too. Bitterness and desperation are never attractive hon.

The condescension and vindictiveness in this post is palpable.

"Hon"? Good grief.

The condescension and vindictiveness in this post is palpable.

"Hon"? Good grief.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The contradiction in this post alone is enough to make any person realize it's a joke.

From what i've gathered, you are a lawyer or an attorney. I was lead to believe they understand when something is relevant and irrelevant. I am sure you understand where your post stands in regards to the topic of this thread. I am not a judge by any means, it's just common sense.

You realize I was joking right?

I do, but many others aren't so smart... so I figured I'd state what otherwise might not be so obvious. :)

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

The contradiction in this post alone is enough to make any person realize it's a joke.

From what i've gathered, you are a lawyer or an attorney. I was lead to believe they understand when something is relevant and irrelevant. I am sure you understand where your post stands in regards to the topic of this thread. I am not a judge by any means, it's just common sense.

Where's the contradiction? Did I say I'm never condescending? :laugh:

I'm sorry Hokie didn't like you "in that way," but seriously, it's time to stop following me around and start criticizing someone else's posts. It's getting annoying.

Where's the contradiction? Did I say I'm never condescending? :laugh:

So it's not alright for others to be condescending? Only you, right? :laugh:

I'm sorry Hokie didn't like you "in that way," but seriously, it's time to stop following me around and start criticizing someone else's posts. It's getting annoying.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: Bahahahha!! I'm following you around now? Please, don't flatter yourself. I'm not even going to bring up someone elses name in a thread that has zero relevance to them. Not because I don't want to be spiteful, but because I have a bit more class than that.

It's time to realize the type of person YOU are, dear. The minute you stop pointing fingers at everyone else is the minute you start realizing you aren't as great as you think you are.

But then again, I guess that comes with being an attorney. Thinking you are always right. I've noticed they are usually the ones that make zero sense. Just my opinion anyway. After all, this entire forum is based on opinions :):eek:

I won't be baited, Erica. Sorry. ;)

Awesome!! Maybe now you'll be able to lay off ES's thread for just a minute out of your 'busy' schedule to allow her the moment to express her own feelings!

ES, you are now able to express away, without being 'baited'. :love:

Erica, I can comment in any thread, including this one, without getting sucked into your attempts to bait me into a snipe-fest. I can't be bothered to engage you in that way. Now please, leave me alone.

I am happy for ES that she's made the very wise decision to take an extended break from dating. It'll do her a world of good, and I look forward to seeing how it improves her. :)

Erica, I can comment in any thread, including this one, without getting sucked into your attempts to bait me into a snipe-fest. I can't be bothered to engage you in that way. Now please, leave me alone.

I am happy for ES that she's made the very wise decision to take an extended break from dating. It'll do her a world of good, and I look forward to seeing how it improves her. :)

You bring these 'snipe-fests' upon yourself. Just because no one else wants to stand up to you, for some odd reason, doesn't mean I won't. I was involved in this thread way before I brought you into it. I simply don't agree with any of your posts in this thread and i've decided to point them out. Isn't that what you do as well? Perhaps I should tell you to leave me alone, since you continue to 'bait' me as well?

I'm extremely tired of pointing out your inconsistencies and am ready to focus on the real problem. ES, again, i'm terribly sorry you are going through what you are. You don't deserve this. No one does. You are right in saying it's time for a break. Especially after what you have just gone through!!

You bring these 'snipe-fests' upon yourself. Just because no one else wants to stand up to you, for some odd reason, doesn't mean I won't. I was involved in this thread way before I brought you into it. I simply don't agree with any of your posts in this thread and i've decided to point them out. Isn't that what you do as well? Perhaps I should tell you to leave me alone, since you continue to 'bait' me as well?

I did not attack you in this thread, Erica. You sniped me.

I'm really puzzled and actually troubled by the fact despite telling you twice that I will not respond to your attempts to bait me, and you saying, "Good!", you're still going. :eek:

You do know that you're distracting from ES, right? And that it's her thread about her now-exBF and that relationship? Not about anyone else in this thread?

You now say you disagree with all of my posts in this thread any have decided to point them out. Yet, you haven't actually pointed them out. If you disagree with the substance of my posts, go ahead and disagree. But don't take pot shots at my general personality and profession. It has no bearing on ES's thread.

To be certain, in this thread I have commented about what ES posts. My focus has been on ES and what she posts in her threads. In turn, I recommend you also focus on ES and what ES posts in ES's threads, not me, and not anyone else.

The man in question may (likely will) come knocking on your door OP and, consistent with my prior advice, I hope you resist continuing with him. Also, I'm happy to read you've chosen to take a serious and comprehensive break from dating. Best wishes for much success in your future pursuits.

The man in question may (likely will) come knocking on your door OP and, consistent with my prior advice, I hope you resist continuing with him. Also, I'm happy to read you've chosen to take a serious and comprehensive break from dating. Best wishes for much success in your future pursuits.

I agree that he's likely to come knocking on the door, literally, as he's doing it figuratively from afar with the 20 identical texts (assuming that's not some weird technological freakout of his phone). But it seems regardless of her break, she seems intent to not engage him anymore... which is a good thing.

I really do hope she takes an extended break. I have a good feeling that if she does, she'll come out a better person and be much happier.

I did not attack you in this thread, Erica. You sniped me.

I'm really puzzled and actually troubled by the fact despite telling you twice that I will not respond to your attempts to bait me, and you saying, "Good!", you're still going. :eek:

I'm actually puzzled by the fact that you've told me you won't be baited, this is still an on going conversation :confused:

You do know that you're distracting from ES, right? And that it's her thread about her now-exBF and that relationship? Not about anyone else in this thread?

I've actually just sat back and thought for a minute. I really, truly, hope you are not serious. I am the only reason this thread as been de-railed?? I apologize, if that's the case, but as far as I can see (and am aware) someone else (not naming names) has already de-railed this thread.

You now say you disagree with all of my posts in this thread any have decided to point them out. Yet, you haven't actually pointed them out. If you disagree with the substance of my posts, go ahead and disagree. But don't take pot shots at my general personality and profession. It has no bearing on ES's thread.

Oh, i'm not taking pot shots. I'm taking legitimate shots at your profession. I'm not doing this out of spite, that's not who I am. I'm doing this out of common sense. The type of profession you are in does not entitle you to condescend everyone that has an opposing point of view than you do.

To be certain, in this thread I have commented about what ES posts. My focus has been on ES and what she posts in her threads. In turn, I recommend you also focus on ES and what ES posts in ES's threads, not me, and not anyone else.

I have been focusing on ES. So much so, that i've attempted to deter her from the posters who are only bringing her down. Hence my entire post. :)

Oh, i'm not taking pot shots. I'm taking legitimate shots at your profession.

Wow. The maturity. And with that, I will no longer be able to see your posts.

(You do know that your buddy is an attorney, right? I didn't think you had it in you to insult him just to get to me. So sad.)

Wow. The maturity. And with that, I will no longer be able to see your posts.

(You do know that your buddy is an attorney, right? I didn't think you had it in you to insult him just to get to me. So sad.)

Thankfully, you aren't able to see what i'm about to post.

My buddy that is an attorney would NEVER in a million years act in the uncouth manner you have obviously shown on LS. I hold him to a MUCH higher regard than I do you. I suppose some people know how to act with class. But I guess not everyone has the ability to do their job the correct way. Thank goodness for the ones that do!!!!!

ES, you definitely don't need to take a break from dating. That would actually be counter productive. You snooze, you lose. I mean, if you aren't putting yourself out there, then you're losing possibilities and they're being snatched up by other women! Sounds like you're in your 30's...definitely don't want to waste time not putting yourself out there!

Just work on following your instincts in your journey for love! but don't let people tell you on here to take a "break" from dating....that's ridiculous. All guys aren't like this one, and if you meet a great guy who is genuine and feel chemistry with, then you wouldn't have met him if you hadn't put yourself out there and if you were home on a "break." :rolleyes: You can still do your soul searching and self improvement while dating.

Nah, the puppet show is fascinating and I'm learning a LOT about human nature, to my benefit.

In reality it is you who is giving the best lesson on human nature. Your curious obsession with ES is the most interesting aspect of these threads.

And I don't mean that to belittle ES or the problems she brings to the site, which I think are real. She doesn't always run her relationships to my satisfaction, but it's not my mission either to get her to straighten out or else to run her off. I don't really think it's yours either. Aren't you above this?

Oh, ES, when you do have your next date, don't tell this whole saga on this relationship to your date. Keep it light and fun to start off. Infact, I would not even share this dating saga of the this guy who is in europe now....just move on and don't share this because guys don't want to sit and listen to your past dating dramas. Just a tip! Not saying you will do this, but resist the temptation and make the conversation about him and you and your interests and stuff like that, not heavy relationship stuff about when you dated a loser, etc. and don't make comments like "When will I learn to trust again" etc. That is basically the kiss of death with new guys and you won't get a second date.

In reality it is you who is giving the best lesson on human nature. Your curious obsession with ES is the most interesting aspect of these threads.

And I don't mean that to belittle ES or the problems she brings to the site, which I think are real. She doesn't always run her relationships to my satisfaction, but it's not my mission either to get her to straighten out or else to run her off. I don't really think it's yours either. Aren't you above this?

At least I say what I think to her face. While your sarcasm is entertaining and often still on point, I had really expected you to be above...this level of fakeness. :(

As to why I'm so curious about ES, I guess you could say that a consistent refusal to accept responsibility for any of this (as well as any of her other relationships) just...angers me, especially because I know - FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - what amaaaaazing growth can come from acknowledgement of responsibility and fault. Believe it or not, but I'm rooting for her...a lot like rooting for your favorite football team. But I still get annoyed when there's an egregious interception, or when the receiver literally runs the wrong way, and my team loses...again.

But if ES gets out of relationship that wasn't good for her at all, I guess the ends justify the means. *shrug*