Jesus tested me today

I guess that's why you all became American in the first place then. ;)

Damn skippy, son.

Come join us.

OP, sorry about the thread jack. Ross just needs to learn his place. :p

Ross MwcFan
Damn skippy, son.

Come join us.

OP, sorry about the thread jack. Ross just needs to learn his place. :p

Hmmm, living in a dreary non religious UK, or a cool vibrant religious US?

Decisions, decisions. :p

Hmmm, living in a dreary non religious UK, or a cool vibrant religious US?

Decisions, decisions. :p

I was at public meeting yesterday and I heard some one ask a guy “is there any one sitting here” about the empty seat next to him. The other guy answered “just the lord” or something like that.

I got to admit though England is a great country but kind of dreary compared to the US.

That's because America was founded by Christians.

Really? You may want to check with the indians,vikings(canada) and mexican history before proclaiming the "AMERICAS" were founded by christians....The pilgrams may have settled here (USA( to get away from the strife, yet this land was already inhabited and doing well before the christians migrated....

Really? You may want to check with the indians,vikings(canada) and mexican history before proclaiming the "AMERICAS" were founded by christians....The pilgrams may have settled here (USA( to get away from the strife, yet this land was already inhabited and doing well before the christians migrated....

The country we now live in was founded by Christians and Vikings had nothing to do with it even if they discovered it first. What Americans did to the native Americans was very Christian or Unchristian depending on how you want to look at it. The thing is America was founded as a place to get away from political and religious persecution. A place where nothing is to sacred to be argued with. So to jokingly yet seriously find some one crazy for having a belief completely opposite to your own is silly.

TheLawmaker

I run around singing "Every Sperm Is Sacred" to these non-believers!

Sorry lol. I am Christian, but I also have a sense of humor. Maybe some of these butthurt Christians in here need to get one?

BetheButterfly
I run around singing "Every Sperm Is Sacred" to these non-believers!

Sorry lol. I am Christian, but I also have a sense of humor. Maybe some of these butthurt Christians in here need to get one?

Mocking fellow brothers and sisters in Christ is what you believe God wants you to do?

Anyways, there are many Atheists who mock, insult, and do not tolerate people of other beliefs, whether believers in God are Muslim, Jewish Orthodox, Christian,...

Just as Atheists have the right to believe there is no God and to not be insulted for that, so people who believe there is God have the right to believe what they believe is true and to not be insulted for their beliefs.

Another example concerning not insulting other people, which is just as important as beliefs, is regarding ethnicity. A person who is of any ethnicity has the right to not be insulted for his/her ethnicity. It would be sad if a person of one ethnicity was insulted by a person/people of another ethnicity, yet tried to show a "sense of humor" by insulting other people of his/her own ethnicity (or trying to get revenge by throwing insults at another ethnicity) Sad to say, this stuff happens. :(

Though some people consider a sense of humor to include degrading themselves or others, there is no need to do so. One can have a sense of humor without putting other people down in any way.

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • 2 weeks later...
Mocking fellow brothers and sisters in Christ is what you believe God wants you to do?

'GOD' IS IMAGINARY! 'god' didn't make man..MAN made 'god'!

Anyways, there are many Atheists who mock, insult, and do not tolerate people of other beliefs, whether believers in God are Muslim, Jewish Orthodox, Christian,...

Just as Atheists have the right to believe there is no God and to not be insulted for that, so people who believe there is God have the right to believe what they believe is true and to not be insulted for their beliefs.

So diplomatic....:laugh: Belief and faith don't add up to truth.

Another example concerning not insulting other people, which is just as important as beliefs, is regarding ethnicity. A person who is of any ethnicity has the right to not be insulted for his/her ethnicity. It would be sad if a person of one ethnicity was insulted by a person/people of another ethnicity, yet tried to show a "sense of humor" by insulting other people of his/her own ethnicity (or trying to get revenge by throwing insults at another ethnicity) Sad to say, this stuff happens. :(

Though some people consider a sense of humor to include degrading themselves or others, there is no need to do so. One can have a sense of humor without putting other people down in any way.

And religion threatening an eternity in hell for non-believers isn't putting Atheists DOWN! ????

Whaaa...how's it feel when the shoe is on the other foot?

You religious people think it's all good to look down on Athiest and be intolerant,but the second we judge you,all "hell" breaks loose!

First of all,people don't CHOOSE thier Ethnicity.Secondly,they aren't brainwashed into religion.I can say with all "due" respect.....it's offensive to me to live on a planet with such overtly delusional people amidst us!

But I tolerate it best I can without snapping!

Having respect for religion or religious people is akin to lying and saying I can validate something I vehemently dismiss as unreal.

Forget political correctness.I have a RIGHT to call it like I see it and so do you.That will never mean we can or do respect eachothers difference in the name of diplomacy.

Dust, what the OP said was offensive to Christians. Who's being offensive here?

At least four members, including myself, have been offended at what FeelingFrisky wrote. Only you have come to his defense. What exactly does that say about you?

Get some thicker skin already! "We" have been burned at the stake for not believing in your superstistions and delusions.

I'm here to come to his defense and Dusts defense,as I agree with everything they have written in this thread.I just don't have time to go point for point,nor the inclination to argue with ignorance.Don't start crying now....I have a right to my OPINION and I won't use a bible to defend myself as you would.

I am not afraid of being banned, because if I get banned over defending someone who has offered as much helpful advice as FloridaMan, then perhaps I should be banned. It's better than being an angry atheist, yelling at the world how unfair it is that Christian women exist.

Grow up.This has nothing to do with being an "angry atheist" nor about the fact that christian women exist.And if Dust wants to defend Feelin' Frisky that's his right as a fellow Atheist,just like you are defending this nameless, faceless christian woman and the other "four thin-skinned" christians in this thread.

He could have been ALOT more rude and told her she was delusional and he wouldn't take her seriously,(but would happily have sex with her if she as game), unless she woke up and smelled REALITY.

Like you wouldn't be with a women like me,I wouldn't be with a man like you.So let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Floridaman

You religious people think it's all good to look down on Athiest and be intolerant,but the second we judge you,all "hell" breaks loose!

Works both ways. Am sensing some intolerance in this post.

Get some thicker skin already! "We" have been burned at the stake for not believing in your superstistions and delusions.

Truth be told, atheistic regimes have tortured and killed others for their religious beliefs, so there's no monopoly on victimhood here.

Grow up.This has nothing to do with being an "angry atheist" nor about the fact that christian women exist.And if Dust wants to defend Feelin' Frisky that's his right as a fellow Atheist,just like you are defending this nameless, faceless christian woman and the other "four thin-skinned" christians in this thread.

Sense a lot of anger here.

'GOD' IS IMAGINARY! 'god' didn't make man..MAN made 'god'!

More "tolerance" and fanning the flames.

Having respect for religion or religious people is akin to lying and saying I can validate something I vehemently dismiss as unreal.

Forget political correctness.I have a RIGHT to call it like I see it and so do you.That will never mean we can or do respect eachothers difference in the name of diplomacy.

Like you wouldn't be with a women like me,I wouldn't be with a man like you.So let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Sounds good but you just rubbed more salt into some of the wounds.

Tolerance is fine. Why not practice some instead of lashing out at posters here who made honest and legitimate observations?

Edited by Floridaman
  • 2 weeks later...
Disillusioned
I met a woman. I was waiting for a prescription to be filled at a super-market pharmacy and she sat down next to me to wait too. I didn't notice her all that much but I decided to strike up a conversation. Well, she turned out to very appealing as I talked with her. My mind went into "hmmmm" mode. I then told her that I was annoyed with the service there because they made me wait for something they never had in stock in the first place. With that she said "I'm praying to the Lord that Jesus take all your pain away and keep you blessed in the comfort of the Holy Spirit". I smiled and thanked her and said that I need all the "grace" I can get. Inside however I thought she was certifiably insane. So, I faced the question: "could I have some kind of fling with someone who regularly spoke in terms like that?" And the answer was that it just wouldn't be right of me to have sex with someone so "religiositous" because I don't respect the belief at all. It's not that I don't respect the person--ironically it is BECAUSE I respect the person that I think it wrong to pretend I believe what she believes just to get some possible sex off her. Jesus tested me and I think Jesus would approve? Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

You didn't tell us whether Jesus passed you or flunked you.