Jesus tested me today

Originally Posted by Floridaman

Here's some news, Frisky:

All men and women have sexual feelings and needs. The woman you met by chance is no diff. than others.

She for religous or other reasons (she's not a player, STDs, wanting to fall in love first) decides she's not gonna let guy after guy nail her.

She may or may not be a virgin. She may regret her past (like many women). It's her life.

You’re off topic and making up facts about Frisky.

That wasn't about Frisky.

Re-read again. Nothing in there was me saying how Frisky is.

I respect him and am familiar with some of his posts. I would never call him a player, etc.

What I posted was feelings the woman could have possessed about having sex with strangers.

Those aren't unreasonable standards, either.

Please read things before forming incorrect judgements.

Edited by Floridaman
I find believing you are going to some big magical place in the sky to live with god and angels while the rest suffer in hell laughable, so does most of the world, including Christians who don’t take the bible literally.

That's your opinion. You don't need to inject or shove your narrow religious opinion down people's throats here.

I know some women on this board I've PM'd that have faith yet aren't virgins but they've changed.

Why are you sending PM’s to women on here about this stuff?

Err... that's really none of your business.

Personal things women have voluntarily shared with me (without me prying into their personal lifes) in PMs on LS and in other forums, that's really not your concern.

That wasn't about Frisky.

Re-read again. Nothing in there was me saying how Frisky is.

I respect him and am familiar with some of his posts. I would never call him a player, etc.

What I posted was feelings the woman could have possessed about having sex with strangers.

Those aren't unreasonable standards, either.

Please read things before forming incorrect judgements.

Frisky did nothing wrong. What you wrote not only paints him to be oblivious, but then lectures him. Instead of arguing with me maybe you should reread what you wrote.

That's your opinion. You don't need to inject or shove your narrow religious opinion down people's throats here.

I’m not sorry if my beliefs offend you because I’ve said nothing disrespectful and I’m entitled to say these things. I also think you are very confused if you believe I’m the one with the narrow religious views trying to shove it down throats.

Just look at intelligent design yet another attempt of Christians to legitimize and shove down their religion on the younger generation. What next intelligent math where the math class has to talk about a creator instead of teaching math.

Personal things women have voluntarily shared with me (without me prying into their personal lifes) in PMs on LS and in other forums, that's really not your concern.

Let that be a lesson to you then, don’t use things you’re irritated even being asked about as examples to prove your off topic insulting points.

I’m not sorry if my beliefs offend you because I’ve said nothing disrespectful and I’m entitled to say these things. I also think you are very confused if you believe I’m the one with the narrow religious views trying to shove it down throats.

Just look at intelligent design yet another attempt of Christians to legitimize and shove down their religion on the younger generation. What next intelligent math where the math class has to talk about a creator instead of teaching math. .

You also need to read what you write.

Try to look at it objectively.

What would you think if some poster came on this board and said the same kind of stuff about YOUR views that you say about religious people?

"...This is just another attempt by those narrow-minded, backward atheists trying to....."

You've got some chip on your shoulder about religious people, Christians in particular.

This isn't a "let's gang up on this particular religious group that I HATE" type of forum.

Please, chill your attitude.

I find believing you are going to some big magical place in the sky to live with god and angels while the rest suffer in hell laughable, so does most of the world, including Christians who don’t take the bible literally

Frisky did nothing wrong. What you wrote not only paints him to be oblivious, but then lectures him. Instead of arguing with me maybe you should reread what you wrote.

Didn't lecture him. Just gave him some reasons why some women wouldn't want to drop their pants for every guy they meet, esp. a stranger in a store...

Didn't say Frisky did anything wrong, except to smugly assume his views are superior and therefore lead someone like him to think he could "conquer" a woman of faith. She may (rightly) think he's the odd one.

Could personally care less about your opinions.

Just stop spewing them out and using them to attack others who don't share your narrow views.

And yes, some Christians possess narrow views also.

Just look at intelligent design yet another attempt of Christians to legitimize and shove down their religion on the younger generation.

What next intelligent math where the math class has to talk about a creator instead of teaching math.

This is an offensive screed.

What brought up evolution?

So someone should bring up Hitler's or Chairman Mao's atheistic religious views?

I know some women on this board I've PM'd that have faith yet aren't virgins but they've changed.

Why are you sending PM’s to women on here about this stuff?

Let that be a lesson to you then, don’t use things you’re irritated even being asked about as examples to prove your off topic insulting points.

I didn't disclose any confidentiality. Didn't identify the poster(s).

Many women hold those views -- of wanting to wait until they feel some connection with their partner.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230544&page=1

My "relationship" just ended mostly because I was not ready for sex and he had been ready since the beginning. He did treat me well and tried to do his best to make me happy, but something was still missing and I didn't feel a connection. He claimed that sex would help the connection and help him open up more, which I thought was backwards.

http://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365620&p=4590987&viewfull=1#post4590987

I am a "born again" (if this is such a term) virgin. In my 20's I had lots of sex. I wasn't sleeping with every guy, but was more open to sex. I had a few fwb's as well. After all, I needed sex.

However, I realized that yes the sex was fun but it was sad after awhile.

I often rushed into sex with guys I thought were relationships, only to have them break my heart. Then 6 months-year later I often heard they got married. That hurt me badly and wondering if I could have been the one they married. I often think I am still single because of this.

Several years ago I made the decision to abstain until a serious relationship.

While it does scare off many guys, the ones wanting what I do will stay.

I no longer want to be the girl they have sex with while they marry another, I want to be the one they marry.

So there can be many reasons someone may not want to jump into bed with another so soon...

Left quotes in for context...

Edited by Floridaman
I met a woman. I was waiting for a prescription to be filled at a super-market pharmacy and she sat down next to me to wait too. I didn't notice her all that much but I decided to strike up a conversation. Well, she turned out to very appealing as I talked with her. My mind went into "hmmmm" mode. I then told her that I was annoyed with the service there because they made me wait for something they never had in stock in the first place. With that she said "I'm praying to the Lord that Jesus take all your pain away and keep you blessed in the comfort of the Holy Spirit". I smiled and thanked her and said that I need all the "grace" I can get. Inside however I thought she was certifiably insane. So, I faced the question: "could I have some kind of fling with someone who regularly spoke in terms like that?" And the answer was that it just wouldn't be right of me to have sex with someone so "religiositous" because I don't respect the belief at all. It's not that I don't respect the person--ironically it is BECAUSE I respect the person that I think it wrong to pretend I believe what she believes just to get some possible sex off her. Jesus tested me and I think Jesus would approve? Could you sex somebody up who you thought was a doddering religious fool? :p

I seriously don’t see anything disrespectful about him finding the way she spoke insane. Sorry to break the news but most Christians don’t speak the way that this woman did. Most Christians don’t take the Christianity literally. As an atheist it is his right, no his duty to find people like that insane. He did nothing disrespectful, in fact the same way Christians testify and try to get people involved in Christianity he has a right to come on here and talk about how he thought some one was insane for talking the way they did.

:confused:

So you respect her but think she is a doddering religious fool....explain.

It's like this, I didn't respect "her" in particular, I just respected that she's a human being and doesn't deserve to be deceived for my own gratification. I respected her and respected myself--even though some may fault my characterization of religiosity as certifiably insane or a doddering religious fool. There was a lot more to her prayer over me and though I did show a thankful face inside I was think "holy Fing Shi+" what a dingbat. Needless to say I'm a non-believer. But I think my decision not to exploit here (which I think was certainly possible given the other niceties was one the real Christ would rubber stamp at the right thing. A million other guys--some true believers, some mild believers, others non-believers would have thought totally about themselves and not cared about saying whatever to get her into the sack as quickly as possible and then slink out. The moral of my story is that I'm what you call your "spiritual atheist". I do value the story of Jesus but I think he would reject the worship people pay to him in favor of folks taking the risks he did to "do the right thing". I just won't have any talk of "super-nature" in my life--or at least not until I have exhausted all of the mysteries of actual nature. And there are so many that deserve "natural considerations" before anyone jumps the tracks and concludes the involvement of some sort of "super-nature". Peace.

Sounds like a logical thought process to me. Unless you’re Christian and want to come on here and cry about how the Grinch just stole Christmas. By the way thank you to all the normal Christians who don’t feel the need to argue your religion to the entire rest of the world who isn’t.

Had Frisky come on here discussing how he had met a woman and was interested until she started talking about magic crystals and power pyramids the same people we see currently making a fuss would be no where to be found.

• Author
Feelin Frisky

Let me just share a little personal experience I've had with the modern "born again" evangelical movement (which started finding it's legs in the 80's during the Reagan years). I had a best friend who was a super musician, song-writer, singer, just and all-around amazing talent who was completely self-trained. All his songs had and edge to them and they just seemed to keep getting better and better as he got older and produced more demos. Then, "Jesus" entered his life.

So, suddenly he goes "born again" and his songs lose their edge and they become "worshipy" "Christian" stuff. He meets a rather beautiful woman at the church having her "born-again" epiphany--her and her husband. Through all the reliogiositizing my buddy and this woman start banging each other behind hubby's back--real Jesusy right? Then she leaves her husband and the kids--three--to him to go play "Christian" rock. One day he wakes up and realizes that it's all been an empty mistake and he had lost the individuality which made him a real artist in the first place. They break up and who knows what ever became of her family. I'm still friends with him.

I never believed--I would never LET MYSELF BELIEVE. I can't square how anyone can swear their total "rebirth" into a religion and go straight at violating one of the main principles about marriage and responsibility. My conscience is clear that I've always been who I have decided to be and when someone comes and tells me that they've "bought in" to the modern "worship-style" Christianity, I see a soul on the verge of being lost. Jesus was not about worship--he was about anti-worship. Worship is evil. Worship spawned the protestant reformation because Catholicism was the epitome of the opposite of what Christ was about--about getting off your knees and getting on the ball of making the world the heaven it can be. But invariably Protestantism misses the mark as "worship" again takes over and causes otherwise good people to believe in falsehood and excuse their miserable behaviors. What would Jesus do? He's do the right thing.

Had Frisky come on here discussing how he had met a woman and was interested until she started talking about magic crystals and power pyramids the same people we see currently making a fuss would be no where to be found.

Like about .0001%- 1% of the population.

Unlike Christianity and Judaism, where you have around 70%-75% of Americans professing to be...

Edited by Floridaman
Mme. Chaucer

Well, Jesus texted me today.

Like about .0001%- 1% of the population.

Unlike Christianity and Judaism, where you have around 70%-75% of Americans professing to be...

Good job pulling made up statistics out of no where and bolding them for emphasis. Even when almost 100% of the world thought the earth was flat and you’d fall off the edge if you went to far that didn’t make it true.

Really it's not very common for people you just met outside of a religious setting to start talking to you about Jesus and the holy ghost taking all your pain away. Pretty uncommon and you might want to step down from your high horse if you can’t understand why some one would have a problem with a person who talks like this. Really no different then some one talking about magic crystals and power pyramids. Not an every day occurrence.

Good job pulling made up statistics out of no where and bolding them for emphasis. Even when almost 100% of the world thought the earth was flat and you’d fall off the edge if you went to far that didn’t make it true.

Really it's not very common for people you just met outside of a religious setting to start talking to you about Jesus and the holy ghost taking all your pain away. Pretty uncommon and you might want to step down from your high horse if you can’t understand why some one would have a problem with a person who talks like this. Really no different then some one talking about magic crystals and power pyramids. Not an every day occurrence.

The U.S. as a matter of fact is a Judeo-Christian-based country, with a clear majority (i.e. landslide) of people professing those faiths.

Surveys show the number around 70% , despite you not wanting to believe the facts.

Someone reading an "Aesop fable" and doing astral projections represents a miniscule sliver that likely doesn't even approach 1% of the population, if that. Islam, I think, accounts for less than 2% with the Eastern religions at a small percentage.

You apparently are so hung-up on others' beliefs which you view as a threat.

How do people with other beliefs harm you?

The U.S. as a matter of fact is a Judeo-Christian-based country, with a clear majority (i.e. landslide) of people professing those faiths.

Surveys show the number around 70% , despite you not wanting to believe the facts.

Someone reading an "Aesop fable" and doing astral projections represents a miniscule sliver that likely doesn't even approach 1% of the population, if that. Islam, I think, accounts for less than 2% with the Eastern religions at a small percentage.

You apparently are so hung-up on others' beliefs which you view as a threat.

How do people with other beliefs harm you?

70% of the people don’t go around talking like the girl in the OP’s post. I’m not the one that’s scared, you are of god and everything else including what the OP said. Good for you. Now why don’t practice what you preach and show a little more respect?

I find believing you are going to some big magical place in the sky to live with god and angels while the rest suffer in hell laughable, so does most of the world, including Christians who don’t take the bible literally.

Sounds like religious intolerance to me, and a minority opinion.

According to polls...

most Americans (54%) believe the Bible is literally true. Belief in the Bible varies significantly by state and region.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/holidays/easter_poll_76_believe_jesus_rose_from_the_dead

Twenty percent (20%) say they are Evangelical Christians. Another 48% claim they belong to other Christian affiliations.

That adds to 68% calling themselves Christians, so my off-the-top-of-my-head estimate was accurage, with Jews and Muslims likely each accounting for 2-5%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/april_2010/80_say_religious_faith_is_important_to_their_daily_lives

80% Say Religious Faith is Important To Their Daily Lives

Eight-out-of-10 Americans (80%) say that their religious faith is at least somewhat important in their daily lives, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 18% feel their religious faith is not very or not at all important to their lives.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of all adults describe their religious faith as very important to their daily living.

That's not to say people shouldn't respect others' beliefs and try to "force" them on others, or diss others' beliefs....

Notice I never attack someone else's religious views...

Posted only to show an overwhelming majority of Americans hold religious views... This is the religion and spirituality board after all...

Personally, I don't know why an atheist is so keen to quote Jesus. Shouldn't his response be, 'what would Darwin do?' :laugh:

Spiritual Atheist.. that is a new one for the books.

All in all, the woman should have asked the OP if he wanted prayer. He would have said, 'no thanks love'. Ogled her (discreetly) and all would have been well.

The back story is always interesting but I don't think there is an answer to the issue posed by the OP. He can have the views he holds and others will relish hearing about them and defend the right to say nasty stuff about others whose back story they think is madness itself. Sometimes some of the things said are darkly amusing .. but all in all yes, live by your convictions. I agree with this.

... and Holy God keeps working in the ways He has said He would in the lives of those who consciously and unconsciously seek Him.

That's that really. I accept this.

Take care,

Eve x

Let me just share a little personal experience I've had with the modern "born again" evangelical movement (which started finding it's legs in the 80's during the Reagan years). I had a best friend who was a super musician, song-writer, singer, just and all-around amazing talent who was completely self-trained. All his songs had and edge to them and they just seemed to keep getting better and better as he got older and produced more demos. Then, "Jesus" entered his life.

So, suddenly he goes "born again" and his songs lose their edge and they become "worshipy" "Christian" stuff. He meets a rather beautiful woman at the church having her "born-again" epiphany--her and her husband. Through all the reliogiositizing my buddy and this woman start banging each other behind hubby's back--real Jesusy right? Then she leaves her husband and the kids--three--to him to go play "Christian" rock.

I never believed--I would never LET MYSELF BELIEVE. I can't square how anyone can swear their total "rebirth" into a religion and go straight at violating one of the main principles about marriage and responsibility. My conscience is clear that I've always been who I have decided to be and when someone comes and tells me that they've "bought in" to the modern "worship-style" Christianity, I see a soul on the verge of being lost.

Frisky,

What your friend and that woman did was clearly wrong.

He should have known to not "lust towards another man's wife." Both willingly broke-up a family just for sexual satisfaction.

Others have murdered their spouses for that passion.

Personally, I feel there is a special place in hell for those that break-up families....

This coming from someone who was a child in the '60s whose parents divorced and who personally witnessed the effects of so-called "Free love" and the Sexual Revolution.....

Would have preferred seeing my dad daily vs. on weekends and not hearing him tell me (at 6-7) "I saw your mother in a car with another man at..."

Still, it wouldn't be wise to judge all adherents to any particular religion (or political ideology, etc.) based on the wrongful actions of some.....

Jesus was not about worship--he was about anti-worship. Worship is evil.

Worship spawned the protestant reformation because Catholicism was the epitome of the opposite of what Christ was about--about getting off your knees and getting on the ball of making the world the heaven it can be.

But invariably Protestantism misses the mark as "worship" again takes over and causes otherwise good people to believe in falsehood and excuse their miserable behaviors. What would Jesus do? He's do the right thing.

You'll find a lot of agreement there.

That's a lot of wisdom from a so-called atheist.

The Reformation was a needed reaction to excesses in the established church. Church offices being sold to political leaders, church leaders having sexual affairs and bearing children, employing prostitutes, Popes calling armies, etc.

Medeval thought had religious leaders EXECUTING dissenters and sending armies out to crush heretical groups...simply bec. they didn't follow the establishment's dictates.

A tiny sect formed in south France which didn't hold Jesus as divine or thought like the gnostics that Jesus was only spiritual, not human.

Not my belief, but nothing to justify asking the ruling authorities to send troops out to murder those people for their beliefs..

Edited by Floridaman

Feelin Frisky- I had to go back to your original statement and by pass the so called facts verses the highly held beliefs of others.

I think simply put you did the right thing for you based on your integrity and guidelines in life.

Keep being the good gent you are, you are right to stand on principle in this matter.

TheLawmaker

Well, if you think someone is "crazy", don't get involved with them.

She will find someone who will be her mate, and you will, too. Just a difference of personalities.

DreamerGirl27
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/april_2010/80_say_religious_faith_is_important_to_their_daily_lives

That's not to say people shouldn't respect others' beliefs and try to "force" them on others, or diss others' beliefs....

Notice I never attack someone else's religious views...

Posted only to show an overwhelming majority of Americans hold religious views... This is the religion and spirituality board after all...

That's because America was founded by Christians.

Ross MwcFan
That's because America was founded by Christians.

I think Britian kicked them out didn't they?

I remember hearing somethng about one of our kings back then not liking religion.

I think Britian kicked them out didn't they?

I remember hearing somethng about one of our kings back then not liking religion.

You all tolerated kings?! We Americans won't be ruled. :p

Ross MwcFan
You all tolerated kings?! We Americans won't be ruled. :p

I guess that's why you all became American in the first place then. ;)

Ross MwcFan

I saw a resemblance of Jesus's face in a fish stick today. I wonder if that's a sign?