Are short guys really that unattractive?

thatdog

You have to be kidding me?! I'm that height, and I'm fat at 140 pounds - I'm on a diet to try to lose some weight, aiming to be 125 pounds.

You may still be classed as medically healthy if you were 5ft3 and 140 pounds, but medically healthy is not the same as good looking. At 5ft3 and 140 pounds you would be quite fat. In the same way, a 5ft1 man may be perfectly healthy and able bodied, but that doesn't mean he's attractive to women.

At 5'3 and 140 lbs, you'd be 10 lbs away from the "23 BMI" that was quoted as the healthiest for giving birth to children. 10 lbs over ideal is hardly "quite fat". At 5'7 and 140 you are 7 lbs under the ideal. You are hardly "quite skinny", though I think at 125 (and 22 lbs under ideal) you might be closer to it. The person who said they are 5'7 and 150 is three pounds over the medical ideal quoted of a 23 BMI.

Just saying... seriously, do the math. If you like the way you look at 125, that's up to you -- it wouldn't be a medically *unhealthy* weight... but it's not ideal for the production of offspring. So some might find that not good looking.