Are short guys really that unattractive?

thatdog

Darren Taylor
Barry sanders was 5' 8" according to this for a black man his age that's only about an inch below average.

Maybe compared to the average man, but going up against guys on the DL that are 6'5"+ and 300 lbs+, he was at quite the disadvantage.

There are some pills called Height Max that are supposed to make you grow taller, any guy who is unhappy with his height can use those to grow a few inches.

*shakes my head* hahaha :lmao:

"I grew from 5' 3 to 6' with height max just in four weeks! Thanks height max!"

Disclaimer: The testimonials aforementioned are lies. These results or not real. Side effects may include nausea, and a sense of being scammed.

Cracker Jack

You already knew this topic was going to be bad. Now it's going to get worse:laugh:

*Grabs popcorn*

Stay classy.

fortyninethousand322
Barry sanders was 5' 8" according to this for a black man his age that's only about an inch below average.

Yes, true. But he was severely undersized for the position he played. Running backs usually range from 5'10" to 6'2", and weigh 215-235 lbs. Prototypical "finesse" running back is LaDainian Tomlinson is 5'10" 215 lbs, while prototypical "big" running back Jamal Lewis was 5'11" 245 lbs.

I guess I could use Muggsy Bogues (5'3") or Earl Boykins (5'5") as better examples.

My father was short. 5'7" I believe.

He had a lot of girlfriends before he settled down with my mom.

There's just a lot more to the equation than height.

fortyninethousand322
Wanting does not equal getting. If you want something, you have to deserve it, and shorties have it much harder.

It's 13 one way a baker's dozen the other. No one has it harder than anyone else. A short person has they're own unique problems but so do tall people, polka dotted people, people who are poor, people who are rich, people who live in the city, people who live in the country, people from the south, people from the north, men, women, religious folk, non-religious folk, etc., etc., etc.

Fact is you are writing people off on the basis of their height, to the exclusion of all other factors. That is unrealistic.

arcadelife88

My personal opinion is, not a girl doesn't find the guy attractive.

It's a personal awareness of social life make it think so.

Because Men should be taller than women, that's what social life said.

So, It built own personality awareness if social will talk about girl date somebody shorter.

You know, nobody like pressure.

But In fact, If the girl can beat up those social life "rules" thinking, and confident with the guy, then it's not an issue again.

well, it's also depend on the guy's confident though.

Maybe better to date a girl shorter ? so, no much pressure.

(personal opinion)

fortyninethousand322
Can be so, but as a guy who was of average height, but then jumped to be of above average height, I can assure you that its FAR easier to get women attracted to you. If I was of average height or shorter, I would haven given up on women a long time ago. I am not going to work hard, or try hard, or whatever, for something that some other guy had for free.

I'm 6 foot tall (technically "above average"), I do not find it easy at all to get women attracted to me. I work out and eat right and most certainly do not look like the elephant man, so I can testify that looks and height don't tell the whole story.

As for the part I bolded: that's fine if that's what you would do in that situation, but I would never advise someone to quit like that. It's bad form, and it's not a good way to show integrity.

Mrlonelyone

49322 is right.

A man who's 6' and a bean pole is not as attractive as a man who's 5'11" and stacked.

So how tall are you?

If you're 5'4 or under, why would you want a tall man?

Frankly, I'm 5'6 and I don't like girls that are six or more inches shorter than me. Everything is just too awkward.

I'm between 5'3" and 5'4". I would want a tall man because while I am short I have long sleek features and taller men tend to share those same features. Some women like shorter stout men, I tend to like lean tall men.

Edited by Flgirl44
I'm between 5'3" and 5'4". I would want a tall man because while I am short I have long sleek features and taller men tend to share those same features. Some women like shorter stout men, I tend to like lean tall men.

LOL, just because a man is shorter doesn't mean he's a little teapot.

I've seen plenty of 6' tall stout guys.

LOL, just because a man is shorter doesn't mean he's a little teapot.

I've seen plenty of 6' tall stout guys.

Yeah, in fact I know a lot of guys who are short and fit her description. Just from my personal observation, those types of shorter guys are even less successful than the stout type of shorter guys.

There are always exceptions. Generally speaking I think taller guys are more slender and they put on weight better than a shorter guy. Is it not the same for women?

There are always exceptions. Generally speaking I think taller guys are more slender and they put on weight better than a shorter guy. Is it not the same for women?

Not really. I know an equal amount of overweight tall and short women, and an equal amount of slender , in shape tall and short guys. In fact, I think I know more slender, athletic short guys (and muscular ones too) because it's easier to put on muscle when you're short and for most of us you have to be in perfect shape if you even want a slight chance with women, unlike a tall guy who can just get women by being tall.

I don't know where women get all these ideas of tall and short people. If you like tall people because they are tall, that's fine, but to say tall people are in better physical shape than shorter people or have more slender bodies is just a silly easy to disprove assertion. Don't get me started on some of the fat ugly but tall slobs I see with beautiful women.

Not really. I know an equal amount of overweight tall and short women, and an equal amount of slender , in shape tall and short guys. In fact, I think I know more slender, athletic short guys (and muscular ones too) because it's easier to put on muscle when you're short and for most of us you have to be in perfect shape if you even want a slight chance with women, unlike a tall guy who can just get women by being tall.

I don't know where women get all these ideas of tall and short people. If you like tall people because they are tall, that's fine, but to say tall people are in better physical shape than shorter people or have more slender bodies is just a silly easy to disprove assertion. Don't get me started on some of the fat ugly but tall slobs I see with beautiful women.

(never said that tall people were in better shape, im actually banking my opinion on everyone tall or short letting themselves go at some point.)

I get these ideas of short people because I am short..... I put on 5 pounds and it shows more than a taller woman. Generally speaking that's how it works. Now the average weight for males in the United States is 190lbs, and I would prefer to have that on a taller frame than a shorter one. You can slice the apple however you want but it's still the same thing. You just have to deal with the fact that the many women want taller guys like the fact that many guys want big tah-tahs on their women. Brining up outliers isn't going to change that fact.

fortyninethousand322
(never said that tall people were in better shape, im actually banking my opinion on everyone tall or short letting themselves go at some point.)

I get these ideas of short people because I am short..... I put on 5 pounds and it shows more than a taller woman. Generally speaking that's how it works. Now the average weight for males in the United States is 190lbs, and I would prefer to have that on a taller frame than a shorter one. You can slice the apple however you want but it's still the same thing. You just have to deal with the fact that the many women want taller guys like the fact that many guys want big tah-tahs on their women. Brining up outliers isn't going to change that fact.

How are we defining "many"? That could mean anything from 10% to 50.5%. "Many" is just a throwaway word that usually has no real meaning.

And, "average weight" is also a useless number. 34% of American adults are obese, so the obese numbers are going to bring the average weight up. If I have three people, one weighing 170 lbs, another weighing 160 and a third one weighing 265, their average weight will be a little more than 198 lbs, even though 2 out of the 3 are actually nowhere near that weight. So, it's not like most men are 190 lbs

For what it's worth I could care less about "big tah-tahs". But then again, I'm probably an outlier.

no. the amount of weight you put on is directly proportional to the amount of cake you stuff in your mouth

How are we defining "many"? That could mean anything from 10% to 50.5%. "Many" is just a throwaway word that usually has no real meaning.

And, "average weight" is also a useless number. 34% of American adults are obese, so the obese numbers are going to bring the average weight up. If I have three people, one weighing 170 lbs, another weighing 160 and a third one weighing 265, their average weight will be a little more than 198 lbs, even though 2 out of the 3 are actually nowhere near that weight. So, it's not like most men are 190 lbs

For what it's worth I could care less about "big tah-tahs". But then again, I'm probably an outlier.

Many meaning majority. It doesn't have to be by a huge margin because I think there is someone for everyone's preference BUT I do think from my experiences being a woman and talking to women the majority prefer taller men.

You second paragraph is a useless paragraph. I mean what is your point? Averages are numbers to use in such discussions like this. It is to give a general idea of what you are talking about. I used it correctly. I understand how averages work :) You give me three weights to make up that average? then guess what I would prefer a 170lbs, 160lbs or 265lbs on a tall frame over a short one. It doesn't change my preference to be more or less specific.

It's a preference. You don't think height has any bearing in how someone gains weight/hides weight? I do. We disagree. You don't think taller people tend to fit the slender/lean/sleek look, I do. We disagree. I gave you my reasons, you might think I am wrong but I know women have had these thoughts.

no. the amount of weight you put on is directly proportional to the amount of cake you stuff in your mouth

haha true or not, im not sure this is 100% on par with what I was trying to say.

ScreamingTrees
I'm almost 7 feet tall. You guys telling me that what women notice and find attractive in me, at first glance, is integrity? :lmao: Integrity is important in a relationship, but without at least a decent height the man can have all of the world's integrity. He's going to be a good friend, with integrity.

You must be doing something wrong if you can't get women despite working out and being 6 feet tall. The guys around you are 6 feet tall? Are you Swedish?

And being stacked is overrated. If the woman is small, go luck with that.

Uhh.. At what point does someone become objectively "too tall" for a majority of the opposite sex? You sure women aren't looking at you because you're just abnormally tall? A bit of a novelty? I'm not saying that to put you down, because you obviously think very highly of yourself and who are we to judge anyway? If you're getting a bunch of taller girls, that's great, but why are you looking down (no pun) on the shorter dudes?

Bragging here to a bunch of people (some whom zone their insecurities specifically into things like height) who really could care less about you rubbing something into their face that they have no control over and shouldn't feel bad about sounds like pointless trolling. If you AREN'T a troll, I'd be surprised.

Professor X
Uhh.. At what point does someone become objectively "too tall" for a majority of the opposite sex? You sure women aren't looking at you because you're just abnormally tall? A bit of a novelty? I'm not saying that to put you down, because you obviously think very highly of yourself and who are we to judge anyway? If you're getting a bunch of taller girls, that's great, but why are you looking down (no pun) on the shorter dudes?

Bragging here to a bunch of people (some whom zone their insecurities specifically into things like height) who really could care less about you rubbing something into their face that they have no control over and shouldn't feel bad about sounds like pointless trolling. If you AREN'T a troll, I'd be surprised.

Lol +100 ..

WorldIsYours
Height has nothing to do with attraction where any gal with standards not linked solely to shallowness is concerned. My guy is only an inch taller than I am, and I am SO not a tal gal. However, he is tall where it matters; in integrity, intelligence, kindness, sense of humor, sexiness, and a mind always focused on the greater good. :love:

Best response here.

ScreamingTrees

And if anyone here is really worried about their height, just know that if you focus on one little thing about yourself that you don't like, it'll affect ALL of your other qualities in a negative way.

Just as equally harmful to a person's overall character and perception is obsessing over one great quality like it defines you as a person.

Don't assume anything, just be the best you can be and if someone really does reject you over a single superificial thing? **** em, they weren't worth it and it shouldn't be anything personal, their loss.

Google it, plenty of studies saying women don't find short men attractive.

Feel bad for OP's friend, but that's just how it is.

But all is not lost. It doesn't mean "impossible", it just means more difficult. He'll have to try harder and get rejected more often, and he'll have less options than say someone like me. If he could keep a healthy attitude even after some woman had done horrible things to him, I'd say he's a better man than I am. But I beat him simply because I scored higher at the genetic lottery. Life is unfortunately not fair. Nature wants to weed him out.

If he were still young, he could have done a growth hormone treatment. Even if it just added three inches it'd be a great improvement. But it's probably too late for him now.

He'll need to over achieve in some other areas to be competitive. Maybe body of a underwear model, giant wallet, extremely charming... etc. Combine that with just keep looking and keep getting rejected. Eventually one will happen.

And some posters mentioned it. Even short women like tall guys. One of my ex's is 4'11". At 5'10", I'm the shortest guy she has ever dated. Her current BF is taller than me. So I say hit on everyone, don't just focus on the women that are shorter than 5'1". Just because they're short themselves doesn't mean they're okay with short men. Hit on everyone.

The equivalent of short men is fat women, NOT short women. So he'll have a better chance hitting on fat women than short women. But if I were him I wouldn't target fat women exclusively. Like I said, hit on everyone, just be prepared for a lot of rejections.

fortyninethousand322
Many meaning majority. It doesn't have to be by a huge margin because I think there is someone for everyone's preference BUT I do think from my experiences being a woman and talking to women the majority prefer taller men.

You second paragraph is a useless paragraph. I mean what is your point? Averages are numbers to use in such discussions like this. It is to give a general idea of what you are talking about. I used it correctly. I understand how averages work :) You give me three weights to make up that average? then guess what I would prefer a 170lbs, 160lbs or 265lbs on a tall frame over a short one. It doesn't change my preference to be more or less specific.

It's a preference. You don't think height has any bearing in how someone gains weight/hides weight? I do. We disagree. You don't think taller people tend to fit the slender/lean/sleek look, I do. We disagree. I gave you my reasons, you might think I am wrong but I know women have had these thoughts.

I've seen short skinny guys, short fat guys, tall fat guys, and tall thin guys, and muscular guys of all heights in my life. Some of them are young, some are older. So height has little to do with how fat one is.

I'm not saying you can't have a preference for tall guys (I'm 6 foot tall so it's not skin off my nose if girls don't like short guys, girls just don't like me in general).

My point about the average was that you said if the average weight for men in the U.S. was 190 lbs then you would prefer that to be on someone taller (because they'd then be slimmer). My response was that average weight was a misleading figure so most guys aren't walking around at 190 lbs regardless of height.