Are short guys really that unattractive?

thatdog

Mrlonelyone

You know what I can't stand short people either. Short men and women alike. I'll focus on short women right here though.

I mean really I'm not that tall 5' 9.5" or 1.765 meters. Just at average for a man my age.

I demand that any woman I date be 5'7" or more. That way when she's wearing 3" heels she and I will see eye to eye. I also demand that the woman weigh less than 75% of how much weight I can lift. I can lift 200 lbs so any woman who weigh's more than 150lbs is too fat for me. I can't stand not feeling stronger than the woman.

So any woman with a BMI over 23 is not going to be able to date me.

It's not shallow either it's just plain old evolution at work. I want my women tall, thin and good looking. Short fat dumpy women should all just walk into the sea and inhale. :laugh:

(I was just wondering how it would sound to the women here if a man wrote like they did. I'll date shorter women and taller ones too. The above was said to be sarcastic.)

You know what I can't stand short people either. Short men and women alike. I'll focus on short women right here though.

I mean really I'm not that tall 5' 9.5" or 1.765 meters. Just at average for a man my age.

I demand that any woman I date be 5'7" or more. That way when she's wearing 3" heels she and I will see eye to eye. I also demand that the woman weigh less than 75% of how much weight I can lift. I can lift 200 lbs so any woman who weigh's more than 150lbs is too fat for me. I can't stand not feeling stronger than the woman.

So any woman with a BMI over 23 is not going to be able to date me.

It's not shallow either it's just plain old evolution at work. I want my women tall, thin and good looking. Short fat dumpy women should all just walk into the sea and inhale. :laugh:

(I was just wondering how it would sound to the women here if a man wrote like they did. I'll date shorter women and taller ones too. The above was said to be sarcastic.)

I knew you were joking when the chart you posted was for White,Males

I demand that any woman I date be 5'7" or more. That way when she's wearing 3" heels she and I will see eye to eye.

How many women do you know who stick to wearing 3" heels? Mine add at least 4-5 inches to my height.

I also demand that the woman weigh less than 75% of how much weight I can lift. I can lift 200 lbs so any woman who weigh's more than 150lbs is too fat for me.

If a woman is 5ft7 and weighs 150 pounds she's a bit of a fatty :eek: At that height she should be more like 130-135 pounds.

A guy has to be at least around 5'6" in order for me to find him dateable... 5'1 is too short for me... I think guys who are 6 ft are way too tall for me (I'm only 4'11). The perfect height in a guy for me is 5'8" (to me that's pretty damn tall!) It's not set in stone though; when I like a guy it doesn't really matter but 5'1" is on the extreme short side.

Now this is weird. At 4'11, 5'1 should certainly not be out of the question. I mean you are on the "extreme short side" as well, but you judge and hold it against someone else who also is? :confused:

Anyway, 5'1 would be way too short for me. I am 5'8. I would date down to 5'5, I think. My last bf was the exact same height as I am and I regularly wore 4 inch heels! I would date a dude who's 5'1 if I was 5'4 or smaller. I feel bad for anyone that short, male or female tbh.

Enchanted Girl

@the discussion of how much a woman should weigh:

You guys are disgusting. =/

I know a woman who is 6'3" and weighs 200 pounds. She has a flat stomach and skinny legs.

I'm 5'3" and at 130 pounds I'd be at a healthy weight. In fact, I can be up to 140 pounds and still be average.

When my friend who was 6'3" weighed 160 pounds on the other hand, she started losing her hair and breaking her ribs when she was sneezing and things. She used to be anorexic, that's why she weighed that little, because she was a ballerina.

Some woman who is 5'7" and weighs 150 isn't even a little chubby and someone who weighs 130 pounds and is 6 feet tall is literally just a bag of bones. You realize that at that last height and weight a woman will have no breasts because even if she did, they ate themselves by that time because of excessive dieting. I'm sorry, but I think actual curves on women are beautiful and that when our breasts eat themselves because we are dieting so excessively, its unhealthy and disgusting.

I'm just saying that's like calling 5'10" short, which is not something I would ever do.

Duckduckgoose

Short guys usually have more than enough personality in their frame to make up for their supposed deficiency in height.

Dynamite comes in small packages.

fortyninethousand322
@the discussion of how much a woman should weigh:

You guys are disgusting. =/

I know a woman who is 6'3" and weighs 200 pounds. She has a flat stomach and skinny legs.

I'm 5'3" and at 130 pounds I'd be at a healthy weight. In fact, I can be up to 140 pounds and still be average.

When my friend who was 6'3" weighed 160 pounds on the other hand, she started losing her hair and breaking her ribs when she was sneezing and things. She used to be anorexic, that's why she weighed that little, because she was a ballerina.

Some woman who is 5'7" and weighs 150 isn't even a little chubby and someone who weighs 130 pounds and is 6 feet tall is literally just a bag of bones. You realize that at that last height and weight a woman will have no breasts because even if she did, they ate themselves by that time because of excessive dieting. I'm sorry, but I think actual curves on women are beautiful and that when our breasts eat themselves because we are dieting so excessively, its unhealthy and disgusting.

I'm just saying that's like calling 5'10" short, which is not something I would ever do.

I was going to say the same exact thing, but I don't usually take anything Mr. Cairo says very seriously anyway. But that's just me.

We are not 100% unattracted to short guys, but that's ridiculous!

It's like how I wouldn't mind dating a guy with a small penis. I'm not that shallow, 4 inches wouldn't bother me, but when I dated one guy and he took off his pants and his penis was only 2 inches long, I just couldn't do it. His penis looked like it belonged to a newborn babies or something.

Because there's small penises and there's FREAKISHLY small penises.

There's short guys and there's FREAKISHLY short guys.

I don't know if I could date a guy who was 5'1", yet I did date a guy who was 5'5" for five years. I can date short guys but thats really short. It's just too extreme when they are short even for a girl. Wow.

Its kind of like asking someone if they could date a fat girl and then when they said yes, showing them someone who is 500 pounds. There's fat girls and then there's girls where you go,"You're still alive?! O_O"

That being said, I wouldn't automatically reject him, it would just be something that made me feel weird in the relationship, to be a few inches taller than my boyfriend and to have to lean down to kiss him.

But if he's an ******* who is bitter and mean and angry at all women, then yes, I would automatically reject him. I don't care what happened in his past if he's going to punish me for it. And this goes for a really tall guy, too.

My ex had a friend who was that short and what made him repulsive was the fact that he'd put down other girls all the time. I just hated it. If he didn't do and act like an ******* so much then I think he could have eventually gotten someone. But as it was, me and him constantly fought because he couldn't stop acting like an elitist ******* with me.

But he'd blame his bad luck with women on his height delusionally.

This was a really funny thread, I needed a good laugh :laugh:. I myself am short, but I dont know if its a problem with women or not. I'm 5'5 by the way but 5'1 for a man is VERY short. I dont see too many men that size. For a girl, its short, but not VERY short as it is for a man. Its gonna be a tough road ahead for guys under 5'5.

I've dated guys as short as 5'3"; I am 5'7". My husband is 5'5". I would have dated anyone, regardless of their height, skin color, foreskin status, income, or religion, if I liked them and their personalities enough.

5'3" is just the shortest who ever asked me out, I guess. I don't have big hang-ups about stuff like this.

PS. Not that it matters to this thread, but I wear heels often when we go out, and my H loves that.

Mrlonelyone
I knew you were joking when the chart you posted was for White,Males

I'm 3/8 white, 3/8 black and 2/8 American Indian.

Just for kicks the average height chart for black males.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-b.htm

In my age range 30 the average height for black males is also 5' 9" the same as for white males. Also notice that the older generation of black males was a couple inches taller as the average height for them is about an inch more.

It might be useful to have the average height data for other races too.

For Hispanic males.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-h.htm

For "other" races.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-o.htm

How about for women...

http://www.halls.md/chart/women-height-w.htm

http://www.halls.md/on/women-height-b.htm

White and black women between 25 and 35 are on average 5' 4" tall.

Notice: Less than 25% of men are taller than six feet. Less than 5% of men are shorter than 5' 4" which is the average height for women. So these women who don't want men who are shorter than the average woman may have a good reason. In the USA a man who's shorter than 5'4" may have had some sort of deficiency in diet or nutrition or disease that stunted his growth.

Likewise as I half jokingly said in my last posting.... men who want their woman to have a healthy BMI of around 23 and a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 or less are also justified in wanting those things. Since science shows that such women produce healthier off spring.

Enchanted Girl
I'm 3/8 white, 3/8 black and 2/8 American Indian.

Just for kicks the average height chart for black males.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-b.htm

In my age range 30 the average height for black males is also 5' 9" the same as for white males. Also notice that the older generation of black males was a couple inches taller as the average height for them is about an inch more.

It might be useful to have the average height data for other races too.

For Hispanic males.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-h.htm

For "other" races.

http://www.halls.md/on/men-height-o.htm

How about for women...

http://www.halls.md/chart/women-height-w.htm

http://www.halls.md/on/women-height-b.htm

White and black women between 25 and 35 are on average 5' 4" tall.

Notice: Less than 25% of men are taller than six feet. Less than 5% of men are shorter than 5' 4" which is the average height for women. So these women who don't want men who are shorter than the average woman may have a good reason. In the USA a man who's shorter than 5'4" may have had some sort of deficiency in diet or nutrition or disease that stunted his growth.

Likewise as I half jokingly said in my last posting.... men who want their woman to have a healthy BMI of around 23 and a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 or less are also justified in wanting those things. Since science shows that such women produce healthier off spring.

Well, I will say that I'm not offended by men who have those preferences, just annoyed by people who say that any girl who weighs over 130 at six feet tall is fat. XD That's different than saying you prefer and are more attracted to someone who looks that way, although its foolish to think you can only fall in love with someone who looks a certain way, but what you are saying is more like women who say they don't want to date a man unless he's at least 6' tall because I don't think a high percentage of the female population fits what you just said.

I prefer men who wear glasses. Does it enhance their personality in any way? Not really, but its just that, a preference and it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure about the BMI thing, but I know the hip thing is wrong. Some women actually have such narrow hips that to give a natural birth would kill them and they have to get c-sections. It actually works the opposite way, that having larger hips works better for giving birth in general, but that doesn't mean you need to have preferences that lean in that direction.

Mrlonelyone

A wait to hip ratio of 0.7 means a woman with 40 inch hips (a big sexy booty will have a 28 inch waist. Plenty of average women have that ratio.

A skinny woman with 35 inch hips would have A 24.5 inch waist.

There other such ratios for female beauty. Various studies have shown that these proportion. mean health long life and good offspring.

The proportion women might want to look for men is in his hands. There is a 1:1 ratio between hand size and p *nis size.

Some woman who is 5'7" and weighs 150 isn't even a little chubby

You have to be kidding me?! I'm that height, and I'm fat at 140 pounds - I'm on a diet to try to lose some weight, aiming to be 125 pounds.

You may still be classed as medically healthy if you were 5ft3 and 140 pounds, but medically healthy is not the same as good looking. At 5ft3 and 140 pounds you would be quite fat. In the same way, a 5ft1 man may be perfectly healthy and able bodied, but that doesn't mean he's attractive to women.

You have to be kidding me?! I'm that height, and I'm fat at 140 pounds - I'm on a diet to try to lose some weight, aiming to be 125 pounds.

You may still be classed as medically healthy if you were 5ft3 and 140 pounds, but medically healthy is not the same as good looking. At 5ft3 and 140 pounds you would be quite fat. In the same way, a 5ft1 man may be perfectly healthy and able bodied, but that doesn't mean he's attractive to women.

It's all perspective. Around where I live, 5'3" and 140 lbs would be considered average... even on the "thinner" side. There are a lot of hefty women - people - in this area.

I wouldn't call 5'3" and 140 lbs ever "quite fat." In fact it's probably right on the edge of being considered a healthy BMI. Although true 125 lbs is going to probably look more mainstream acceptable, depending on age and body type.

I would suggest he go for an Asian female culture, paticularly Filipinas, they're typically short as all get out...like. like 5'0" or even shorter (4'11"). And typically aren't as height conscious.

If he's not one for traveling abroad, he can find plenty that work in the healthcare industry as a physical or occupational therapist on a work VISA.

They're cute, short, and rather sweet, cheery, and jovial from my experience.

I'm afraid your friend is out of luck. Most women aren't going to be sexually attracted to a guy who is far shorter than the average 15 year old boy. Him going after really short women isn't going to cut it. Most of my friends, those who are above the 6 feet mark, are dating women as short as 4'11, and I myself love women to be 5 feet and less, it makes me feel very masculine and all women love having Goliath by their side.

Your friend should maybe visit Asia. The men are tiny and the women are even tinnier, I believe. He can find himself a girlfriend, but at his height he'll be very restricted and won't be able to attract as many women as he would, had he been born to be taller. And having options is the best part of the whole business.

I'm not seeing that many women having one-night stands with him either.

By the way, Napoleon was 5'7'' which was average in his time and still is in some Countries. The doctors who performed the exhumation of his body made the conversion wrong. His opponents made a good deal of the mistake and created the 'Napoleon complex', to make themselves feel superior to him, lol. We should use the name of the President of France as the term for short men with a complex about it. The guy uses elevator heels, and even then, he's 5'6'' with the shoes on. His wife is almost 6 feet if I'm not mistaken. Talk about overcompensation. And his opponents have, as an habit, to pay people to walk the streets(in cars), and make fun of the president's height.

I am 5'8", but I've always considered in MY opinion as average height, but some others have told me that 5'10" is average for men...so I dunno, maybe I'm in denial.

I usually think short men who fall around a typical woman's height is actually in the "short" category, like a 5'6" guy, most women are 5'6", and well, that would be considered short for a man.

What I get a kick out of is women who, must be the OCD in some of them, that demand they date a guy that's, how they put it, "taller than me...(okay that's cool).....................in HEELS (WHAT?!?!?)"

Like if she's 5'4", and I'm 5'8", but she wears 4" inch heels, coming eye-to-eye to me would be dealbreaker.

Now, I know how to gauge what's realistic, and what's completely shallow, but THAT is completely shallow.

I saw a woman that's 5'1", and in her dating profile she actually had, "Must be 6'2" to ride THIS ride!"

Short girls don't usually want short men even when the guy is taller than her. Shortness is the kiss of death for a male's dating life. That's why you try to correct it through medication as they develop if there is the slightest possibility of being unnaturally short.

This doesn't apply so much to dwarves since they have support groups, mixers, etc.

Sometimes being very rich or famous will change a girl's perception.

Its kind of like asking someone if they could date a fat girl and then when they said yes, showing them someone who is 500 pounds. There's fat girls and then there's girls where you go,"You're still alive?! O_O"

Right, believe it or not, there is small, petite woman I know, that probably, no joke, weighs no more than 90 lbs, 5'2" I think, cute, too....but she could probably easily blow away in the wind.

She's now dating and living with a guy in his mid 20's, no joke, this guy could be considered CLINICALLY Obese...not a guy who is fat....but BEYOND fat...and in his 20's? Could you only imagine how big he'll be in his 30's?

And I'm suprised she was actually interested in him because she DID meet him ONLINE....I figured a woman her framework would've easily deleted his email immediatley.

I just hope no one finds her in bed suffocated because he accidently rolled on top of her at night.

sweetjasmine

This argument again?

Different bodies carry weight differently (see http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html if you've never seen it before). Some 5'7" women would look like concentration camp survivors if they were 125 pounds. Some women would look normal.

I'm between 5'2" and 5'3", and when I dipped under 130 lbs, people I knew were telling me that I looked sick, and my landlady made dinner for me because she thought I was starving myself to death. When visiting my SO, the first time he saw me with my shirt off, he freaked out because he could see all of my ribs.

But if I were to say, "I'm 5'2" and weigh 125 lbs" people would apparently still think "omg fatty." :rolleyes:

I prefer tall men but I have dated someone who was 5'4" for about 4 years. I really want tall children to play basketball with and I need someone to cancel out my short stature, therefore I will be procreating with a tall man. :D

There are some pills called Height Max that are supposed to make you grow taller, any guy who is unhappy with his height can use those to grow a few inches.

I prefer tall men but I have dated someone who was 5'4" for about 4 years. I really want tall children to play basketball with and I need someone to cancel out my short stature, therefore I will be procreating with a tall man. :D

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

That's like a really ugly guy wanting to date a super model to cancel out his ugliness.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

There are some pills called Height Max that are supposed to make you grow taller, any guy who is unhappy with his height can use those to grow a few inches.

You know that there are also pills that can make a woman grow two cup sizes. 30 day guarantee!....

As for height max

Edited by somedude81
Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?

That's like a really ugly guy wanting to date a super model to cancel out his ugliness.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

You know that there are also pills that can make a woman grow two cup sizes. 30 day guarantee!....

As for height max

I was joking, in the sense that it was supposed to be a ridiculous statement. :) My preference is just for tall men. BUT looks are not my highest priority when choosing a mate.

I was joking, in the sense that it was supposed to be a ridiculous statement. :) My preference is just for tall men. BUT looks are not my highest priority when choosing a mate.

So how tall are you?

If you're 5'4 or under, why would you want a tall man?

Frankly, I'm 5'6 and I don't like girls that are six or more inches shorter than me. Everything is just too awkward.

fortyninethousand322

Q:Why do you refuse the women who are interested in you?

A: Because they are obese and you claim to having a right to date the women you are attracted to.

This is America, anyone can date whoever is interested in dating them (as long as they're adults).

Q: why aren't women attracted to men that short?

A: Because the rightful role of the male is to be taller.

Says who? You? A bunch of evolutionary biologists? Chuck Norris? God?

Q: is it true that really short women love tall men?

A: Yes. The shorter the woman, the more attracted she is to me.

Again, says who?

Q: Does that mean that exquisitely attractive women are going to want a taller man, even if he's goofy looking?

A: Why yes, my dear sir. Take a good look around you.

How does one measure "exquisite" attractiveness? Is there a book somewhere with explicit criteria?

Q: So we can assume that women are shallow?

A: Nature only wants the best for Mankind, and short men aren't the best for women.

Really? Do you honestly believe that across the board, short men are not good for women in any way? And do you further believe that humans are slaves to nature/biology?

Q: So how to solve this?

A: celibacy, accepting that a short guys is going to attract far more obese women than women who are average.

Wow. What a defeatist outlook, I'm glad you weren't advising Barry Sanders, Darrell Green or anyone else who didn't meet the "average" physical makeup required to succeed. I'll grant you that bitterness is not going to help anyone be successful in dating but my oh my neither is defeatism.

I love how all your posts are always full of half truths, gross generalizations, and pseudo-scientific fluff, and genuinely seek to crush the wills of anyone you deem to be "below average".

Mrlonelyone

Wow. What a defeatist outlook, I'm glad you weren't advising Barry Sanders, Darrell Green or anyone else who didn't meet the "average" physical makeup required to succeed. I'll grant you that bitterness is not going to help anyone be successful in dating but my oh my neither is defeatism.

I love how all your posts are always full of half truths, gross generalizations, and pseudo-scientific fluff, and genuinely seek to crush the wills of anyone you deem to be "below average".

Barry sanders was 5' 8" according to this for a black man his age that's only about an inch below average.