I think I know why girls aren't interested in me

Ross PK

Mommy issues me thinks.

Wouldn't that make a man more negative towards the opposite sex? I know my not so great relationship with my mother has had that effect instead of making me hate my self.

Wouldn't that make a man more negative towards the opposite sex? I know my not so great relationship with my mother has had that effect instead of making me hate my self.

Yeah, somehow, having a positive relationship with one's mother is translated into mommy's issues.

If my mother was such a bad apple, wouldn't I have something against women? Maybe the guy who said this has mommy issues to be so blind.

Yeah, somehow, having a positive relationship with one's mother is translated into mommy's issues.

If my mother was such a bad apple, wouldn't I have something against women? Maybe the guy who said this has mommy issues to be so blind.

Chances are it is more of an issue with your father where you now resent men for what he did to you and somehow think you are the only good one on the planet.

Chances are it is more of an issue with your father where you now resent men for what he did to you and somehow think you are the only good one on the planet.

You mean I resent the perfect life I had thanks to my father(and my mother)?

Such as there's no man like Alexander The Great, men like my father are very few and in between.

I think it can work both ways. If you have negative feelings towards your mother and have been brought up to be conditioned that mothers are saints then it sets up an internal conflict. So you either acknowledge your negative feelings and see that they're somewhat justified or you suppress them and refuse to see that you've been sold a lie and continue to put women on pedestals. He seems to have accepted some kind of shame/guilt for being a man and is projecting it onto other men rather than putting the blame where it belongs.

You mean I resent the perfect life I had thanks to my father(and my mother)?

Such as there's no man like Alexander The Great, men like my father are very few and in between.

Then I am clueless as to what is behind the self hatred. Also no life no matter how fortunate is perfect.

I think it can work both ways. If you have negative feelings towards your mother and have been brought up to be conditioned that mothers are saints then it sets up an internal conflict. So you either acknowledge your negative feelings and see that they're somewhat justified or you suppress them and refuse to see that you've been sold a lie and continue to put women on pedestals. He seems to have accepted some kind of shame/guilt for being a man and is projecting it onto other men rather than putting the blame where it belongs.

I admit I used to somewhat be like that but experiences taught me different. I went too fart the other and became a misogynist and now I realize I don't have to women in order to have pride in my masculinity. I don't hate any gender but I'll be damned if I ever apologize to the world for being born with a penis again.

No, I don't need to be conditioned to be able to understand History and how men, thanks to superior physical strength, have dominated women since the first caveman figured out that he could get away with whatever he wanted because he was stronger than women.

About my mother, funny that you mention that because my mother has been much like a Saint to everyone all her life. But so has my father been like a saint and you don't see me putting men on a pedestal(not that I do it to women), I simply tell the truth as it is.

I'm brutally honest.

I admit I used to somewhat be like that but experiences taught me different. I went too fart the other and became a misogynist and now I realize I don't have to women in order to have pride in my masculinity. I don't hate any gender but I'll be damned if I ever apologize to the world for being born with a penis again.

Yeah I've gone through that as well Woggle. My mother was constantly putting my father down and saying all kinds of negative things about him while making herself out to be a poor self-sacrificing saint. Society backs this view up as well. When I grew up I realised it was all bs and now don't have much of a relationship with her. Nor will I apologise for being a man or accept any kind of collective guilt for other men's behaviour.

Yeah I've gone through that as well Woggle. My mother was constantly putting my father down and saying all kinds of negative things about him while making herself out to be a poor self-sacrificing saint. Society backs this view up as well. When I grew up I realised it was all bs and now don't have much of a relationship with her. Nor will I apologise for being a man or accept any kind of collective guilt for other men's behaviour.

My mother eventually turned her misandrist rage on me and when my first marriage crumbled I learned the truth. It's funny that ever since I threw off the yolk of self hatred I have actually had better relationships with women. The women I keep around including my wife and some friends actually know what real equality is and I love having them in my life. The misandrists can just go and be miserable.

dreamingoftigers

Is that how one becomes a misogynist. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

dreamingoftigers
I meant to say went too far.

I know, I know it was just a juvenile moment that I had to take advantage of. :)

No, I don't need to be conditioned to be able to understand History and how men, thanks to superior physical strength, have dominated women since the first caveman figured out that he could get away with whatever he wanted because he was stronger than women.

About my mother, funny that you mention that because my mother has been much like a Saint to everyone all her life. But so has my father been like a saint and you don't see me putting men on a pedestal(not that I do it to women), I simply tell the truth as it is.

I'm brutally honest.

I think you're a long way from brutal honesty, you've just accepted whatever conditioning you've grown up with without without criticism.

My mother eventually turned her misandrist rage on me and when my first marriage crumbled I learned the truth. It's funny that ever since I threw off the yolk of self hatred I have actually had better relationships with women. The women I keep around including my wife and some friends actually know what real equality is and I love having them in my life. The misandrists can just go and be miserable.

Sounds like it has worked out well for you after putting the self-work in.

Me, I'm still trawling through the misandrist to find the decent women since my divorce.

.....It's funny that ever since I threw off the yolk of self hatred I have actually had better relationships with women. .....

That;s "yoke"......

using the term 'yolk' just leaves you with egg on your face.....:D

(I'm sorry woggle. I too had the 'juvenile moment' I couldn't resist....)

I think you're a long way from brutal honesty, you've just accepted whatever conditioning you've grown up with without without criticism.

Sure buddy, do try to rationalize the hatred you feel for women and the lack of knowledge you have when it comes to the History of Mankind(notice the 'His' in History, it's as if women didn't take part in it).

Sounds like it has worked out well for you after putting the self-work in.

Me, I'm still trawling through the misandrist to find the decent women since my divorce.

Women who like to use and abuse men can smell a good target from a mile away. If a man does not have target sign on his head then most women know they can't use him that way. Even with the women that do if a man has his eyes opened he can spot a no good woman. I knew by the second whether a woman was worthwhile or not. One good thing growing up around misandrists did for me was make it that much easier to spot them. I observed it all as a boy and I know what to look out for.

Sure buddy, do try to rationalize the hatred you feel for women and the lack of knowledge you have when it comes to the History of Mankind(notice the 'His' in History, it's as if women didn't take part in it).

Were you forced to take a women's studies class that brainwashed you or something?

dreamingoftigers
Were you forced to take a women's studies class that brainwashed you or something?

Quite frankly his hating on guys make me feel uncomfortable.

That's just too innapropriate.

"Men" are not the cause of the world's woes anymore then "women" are. Both have a part in the dynamic.

Still trying to sell your collective guilt?

The truth is that men have always been at the top and the bottom of society and still are today. Women, for the most part, were in the middle provided and protected for. What you're trying to do is point at the minority of men at the top or the ones who are abusive and project that onto all men. Well sorry, I'm not buying it, take your shaming language somewhere else. I've previously posted a very small example of the selfless acts men have done throughout history but you choose to ignore them and waffle on about cavemen. You hate yourself and your own sex, we get it, just don't expect others to take on your shame.

"Men" are not the cause of the world's woes anymore then "women" are. Both have a part in the dynamic.

Agreed. It makes me uncomfortable too.

I have seen as many threads lately with women hating on men or insisting that stating anything negative about a certain kind of woman is attacking ALL women. It's so heavily weighted and bizarre to me.

Thank you. Woman such as yourself, Tinktronik and any others who truly believe in equality make the world a better place.

Thank you. Woman such as yourself, Tinktronik and any others who truly believe in equality make the world a better place.

Agreed, it's good to know there are decent women out there, this site has given me a better perspective.

• Author
Question is, how long have you been happy, confident, had high self esteem? You don't seem to portray all those qualities on here though.

Several years, it comes and goes though.