Is there hope?

dreamingoftigers

That last comment was totally a joke and the one before it was to assert at this point you have full parental threats if you need to call on them.

dreamingoftigers

Giving up on yourself for good at 2 am makes about as much sense as career planning while stoned.

You are going to make it. It's just matter of now, later or when you meet St. Peter.

Make it easy on yourself and do the heavy lifting now. After you take a break.

Automatic recognition of people is a challenging problem

which has received much attention during the recent years

due to its many applications in different fields such as law

enforcement, security applications or video indexing. Face

recognition is a very challenging problem and up to date,

there is no technique that provides a robust solution to all

situations and different applications that face recognition

may encounter. This position paper will address the

question: is there any hope for face recognition? In a

general context, I believe that face recognition in complex

scenarios will remain unsolved for the next years.

However there might be hope for specific contexts and

applications if some techniques are further studied,

developed and combined.

• Author

I'm really bothered that all the blame get put on me.

How do they feel good about themselves doing this?

Do they truely believe that they have done nothing wrong and they're right?

I've stopped letting her push my buttons(so far).

There's been a couple times that she's said or written me putting blame or saying stuff that's just not true and I started to write back or thiught about saying something and just didn't.

I actually wrote out a whole email that was a response to her blaming me and saying ****ty things to me. After I wrote it I looked at it and read it. Then I thought to myself what will this do?

She's just going to read this not take in or see my views and get even more pissed.

Then she will just say something like see, this is why I can't be with you or you are always like this.

I just erased it and said something generic like ok sorry you feel that way. Have a good night.

Inside I was pissed because that's not how I really feel. I don't think everything is my fault but there's no point trying to reason with someone who won't no matter what.

I guess I'm back on the 180 train because before I would have just sent that.

How do they feel good about themselves doing this?

Do they truely believe that they have done nothing wrong and they're right?

Then she will just say something like see, this is why I can't be with you or you are always like this.

I just erased it and said something generic like ok sorry you feel that way. Have a good night.

I guess I'm back on the 180 train because before I would have just sent that.

Good for you!!! You're exactly right, my stbx does the same thing and tries to goad me into an argument so she can tell herself what a bad person I am.

The way I see it, she doesn't deserve my emotions anymore...any of them, even anger...

Although, I generally save the email responses I start to her, I'm just sure to remove her email from the To: field to prevent accidental sending. :)

You're doing a great job and, believe me, she DOES feel guilt about it. She may not ever admit it (even to herself) but, leaving someone you promised your life to is a decision that she will question for the rest of her life, especially when she finds out that the grass really isn't greener out there and that finding another partner doesn't change who she is, just the situation she's in...

You're doing great, keep focusing on yourself and your daughter. You WILL make it through this...

Good luck and keep posting...

• Author

Today's a hard day for me. Not even a month ago my wife was planning a trip for us to take for my birthday this weekend. Then she started to get weird and ignore me. So that was canceled but were going to do some local getaway with my sister/boyfriend etc. When we went to that comedy show a couple Saturdays ago she told my sister to cancel the hotel rooms that she wasn't going anymore.

How the hell did things turn around so fast?

• Author

Well I finally got some good news. I've been applying for a couple law enforcement jobs and I got the dates for my exams for two different places.

It's not a job but it's a good chance at getting one.

• Author

So I went to my counseling session today(with wife) to discuss ideas to help with our daughter. My counselor is very pro marriage and the first thing she asked(after I told her I just want to discuss our daughter) is what happenend from the last time you were in here? Well just tell me where you guys stand.

W jumps right in and tells her story which isn't even half way true. I just sat there litening until she was done then I started on with questions a out our daughter. This lasted about 30 mins.

Then since my counselor is pro marriage she started in on w with she should make sure she is 100% and she never got the help to work on herself that they discussed etc. That lasted another ten mins then w left.

Then I told her the truth on what has been happening. Counselor thought it was strange too that she was so happy and thought things were going great then out of nowhere just switched so fast.

Wonder how wife feels now that the counselor told her she's not really trying. Lol.

W told me that even the counselor told her it doesn't look good when she had her one on one but today she said the exact opposite.

I'm sure she will turn it around to justify herself.

Counselor told me she's proud of me for trying and sticking thru this when she has been like this.

I feel good about that. I was going crazy because w was saying she was never really happy while we were trying.

In fact she said she was never happy in are whole 11 years. Lol.

I asked the counselor what kinda person stays with someone for 11 years if there's never been good times or better yet marry them?

I feel good that I didn't say anything to her while she was lying about what's going on.

It was hard when she was downplaying the phone calls from douchebag.

Whatever. Don't get me wrong. I'm really ****ing pissed right now but I am happy that I didn't blow up and stayed cool and calm till she was gone.

Well on this site you will get many people that will give you their opinion about your problem. I m presently facing similar issues and it helped me to decide that its over between me and my wife in a few days. But that might no be the best thing for your relationship. I would seek the help from the this Dr. that I used online http://www.ingenio.com/Dr Draper

itllgetbetter

shawnshady: Just curious, when you asked the counselor what kind of person stays with someone for 11 years if there have never been good times or better yet marry them, what did the counsellor say?

• Author

I think you ment to ask me that question

I think shawnshady is a scambot

It was a retoricle question. The answer is nobody stays in a relationship if there's never been good happy times. These people re-write history to justify their action now so they can feel beret about what they're doing.

Let's even go as far to say that she never had any good times with my for years. Why would she say yes to marry me?

Deep down I think these people know they're wrong but don't want to take fault for what they've done.

They would rather say dumb **** and make stuff up.

It's easier to lie and Not work on anything even more so if they have another person to go to.

That's a new relationship where they're in the honeymoon phase. They are not their real selves yet and everything is perfect.

worldgonewrong

Craig - my wife did the same thing at our counseling session: said she'd been unhappy for the past 14 years. Gah. amazing.

dreamingoftigers

One thing I have learned is that sometimes when a woman has feelings in order to get her point across to her husband whom she feels is thick-headed is that she has to make it bigger for him to get it.

I.e.: I have been really unhappy the last year or two.

"we haven't ever been happy."

It's supposed to function as both a wake-up call and a reason for her to leave. Unfortunately when we are stressed or just want a bad situation to end often we will convince ourselves of something being worse then it is.

This is a similar function to convincing ourselves that you are the "greatest husband on the planet."

Well. Maybe some days our husband makes it into the top 10, but let's be realistic :-)

dreamingoftigers
exactly. I got pushed away like I had SARS and she put her hooks into 2 different "men" in under 6 months. pathetic.

SARS, LOL. well I guess SARS isn't funny... But nice use of it.

dreamingoftigers

Well she is stateside still.

Didn't you know that you are supposed to bring us back every 6 months to watch a hockey game, eat pancakes with maple syrup and bitch about our inept government or we get unstable?

Sounds like you've got a trip to plan!

:-)

We were just up 2 weeks ago! That's about all I can take... :) We get up there twice a year normally.

Believe it or not, my wife is not a hockey fan, however pancakes and REAL maple syrup is always a good bet.

Canadians rule, so much nicer than Americans - especially for me coming from New York. People around here are awful.

dreamingoftigers
We were just up 2 weeks ago! That's about all I can take... :) We get up there twice a year normally.

Believe it or not, my wife is not a hockey fan, however pancakes and REAL maple syrup is always a good bet.

Canadians rule, so much nicer than Americans - especially for me coming from New York. People around here are awful.

I actually found New York to be quite friendly.

Wyoming however.....

You don't have to be a hockey fan, you just need it to stabilize. Hockey is in our blood. When's the last time you've heard someone say, "I'm such a fan of platelets! Go Platelets!?"

dreamingoftigers

By the way, American police, generally as a rule: much friendlier than Canadian police.

• Author

So today was a little easier. Got a couple applications out and I get to hang out with my daughter tonight!

Got to spent some time with her the last two days also but not as much as I wanted to. Tonight won't be that long either but I guess it's better then not seeing her.

Can't wait for tomorrow tho. I switched Tuesday(one of my regular days) for Thursday because of my birthday so it should be fun. Thinking about taking her somewhere fun.

Edited by Craig2425