Through the Separation Jungle

• Author
worldgonewrong

I had a dream last night about the ex-wife.

In the dream, I was retrieving some of my stuff from the house. She at one point put her hands on my shoulders and looked me in the eyes as her tears welled up & slid down her cheeks. She whispered, "I'm sorry", and in gentle disgust, I removed her hands from my shoulders and walked away. I told her "Too late".

• Like 1
  • Author
worldgonewrong
so you still haven`t let go??

What?!

No, I've let go.

I mean, it would be my nightmare having to DEAL with her, that's all.

I prefer my new life just fine, thank you, as imperfect as it is.

love the new pic btw :)

thanks!

dreamingoftigers

I had similar nightmares of different things on different occasions.

When our subconscious is ready to transition, I find it writes us the nicer story to boot us on the way.

It's illustrated that something has shifted, you've accepted it, taken a stand and your feelings have fallen in line with that direction. :D

• Like 1

Dream interpretation is a hard one. I've heard if you dream about your ex, they are thinking of you. :sick::sick: Yup!

If you dream that they are apologizing, it holds true that things are shifting within yourself. It's something that you feel they need, but you really have no responsibility to their feelings anymore, you only have responsibility to your own healing. It means you need to forgive..not so much them, but yourself for continuing to harbor any resentment. If you hold on to resentment, you truly haven't forgiven..and therefore, you have not forgiven as much as you have not forgotten.

Now I have a dream..............no..not that!

I was in a pool and swam out in the middle of the deep end. My ex-SO was watching me and I suddenly got a cramp. I started going under and he just watched...other friends were going on with their lives...I sank to the bottom of the pool and laid out flat on the bottom facing upwards and could see people on the edge of the pool, talking...laughing. I saw my ex-SO peering over the edge...looking like he was waiting for me to come back up but offering me nothing. Then everything went black.

What I learned from that dream....this is my life and I depend only on me.

• Like 3
dreamingoftigers
Dream interpretation is a hard one. I've heard if you dream about your ex, they are thinking of you. :sick::sick: Yup!

If you dream that they are apologizing, it holds true that things are shifting within yourself. It's something that you feel they need, but you really have no responsibility to their feelings anymore, you only have responsibility to your own healing. It means you need to forgive..not so much them, but yourself for continuing to harbor any resentment. If you hold on to resentment, you truly haven't forgiven..and therefore, you have not forgiven as much as you have not forgotten.

Now I have a dream..............no..not that!

I was in a pool and swam out in the middle of the deep end. My ex-SO was watching me and I suddenly got a cramp. I started going under and he just watched...other friends were going on with their lives...I sank to the bottom of the pool and laid out flat on the bottom facing upwards and could see people on the edge of the pool, talking...laughing. I saw my ex-SO peering over the edge...looking like he was waiting for me to come back up but offering me nothing. Then everything went black.

What I learned from that dream....this is my life and I depend only on me.

I had a weird one a couple of weeks ago as well.... I went to a nice hotel with a beautiful friend of mine. When we went to our room, Paul Ryan was sleeping in one of the beds. So we were like WTH? and complained to the from desk. The media heard about it and made out like my friend was having an affair with him! We were pretty upset. And then the hotel kicked me out of the nice swimming pool we had there because our stay ruined their rep. Paul Ryan, what a tool! Go get your own hotel room! Jeepers.

I do think my dream just meant that maybe I should lay off the CNN and cookies before bed.

• Like 2
I had a weird one a couple of weeks ago as well.... I went to a nice hotel with a beautiful friend of mine. When we went to our room, Paul Ryan was sleeping in one of the beds. So we were like WTH? and complained to the from desk. The media heard about it and made out like my friend was having an affair with him! We were pretty upset. And then the hotel kicked me out of the nice swimming pool we had there because our stay ruined their rep. Paul Ryan, what a tool! Go get your own hotel room! Jeepers.

I do think my dream just meant that maybe I should lay off the CNN and cookies before bed.

LOL LOL LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thank you - a smile at the end of a long day!

• Like 2
LOL LOL LOL :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Thank you - a smile at the end of a long day!

:bunny::bunny::bunny: LOL!! and ten characters stuff....

• Like 2

First off, I'd like to say how grateful I am to have found this post. Over the last two days it has LITERALLY saved my life. I'm just under a month into this myself.

My wife left me little over three weeks ago, she handed me her wedding ring and said we were done. She's moved into her sister's place. We have an 8yr old daughter. Everything is so up in the air. She says she wants to create a life for herself. I've since figured out that she's been seeing an old boyfriend that she reconnected to through Facebook. It hit me out of the blue. Unlike a lot of the relationships I read about we seemed happy right up to the end. She has told me things over our 13year relationship that have bothered her but never did I think it would lead her to destroy our family like this. At first before the ring day she started by saying she just wanted some space. OF course I started getting clingy and it sped things up so fast that within two weeks of that she bounced and was just leaving my daughter at my place on my two days off. Of course she decided to do this right before my vacation that took place between our daughter's birthday and ending in mine.

I don't know how to start my own post so I'm sorry if it's uncool to tag onto yours but you have given me strength over the last two days.

Thank you for your postings, they have saved a life, so far.

Dan

• Like 2

My daughter just had a mini breakdown.

She was crying saying she was emotional, then she said "It's not that I miss mommy, it's that I don't want her to leave."

WTF do you say to that?!

I asked my wife if she accepted any responsibility for what she was doing, she said "Being happy? Moving on with my life?" This is what the heck I was talking about.

Dan

I don't know how to start my own post so I'm sorry if it's uncool to tag onto yours but you have given me strength over the last two days. Dan

To start your own post go to the top of this page and click on Seperation and Divorce which will take you back to the Seperation and Divorce main page. Just under the LoveShack.org logo in the upper left hand corner is a radio button titled "New Thread also in the upper left hand corner just above the tool bar. You will have to enter something into the title and then you can post your very own thread :confused::p:laugh: If you don't enter a title you will get a message telling you to do so. After 20 post you can PM other members. ;)

• Author
worldgonewrong

WreckedDan: I am so glad that you took some strength from my post/thread! If I can somehow pull others UP, then mission accomplished -- part of me thinks I was made to go through my own hell in order to assist others in theirs.

But I do recommend starting your own thread - not because of some 'my thread' jazz, but because it will be really therapeutic for you to lay out your thoughts/feelings day-by-day in one ongoing stream. Then you can go back over time and see how you're progressing.

I've met A LOT of helpful folks here since my odyssey began, for which I'm eternally grateful, so you've come to the right place...even if it wasn't what you wanted (none of us did).

Hang tough, brother. You WILL survive this bullsh#t.

On a different note: last night's nightmare - which disturbed me when I awoke, but now makes me laugh --

I dreamed that the ex, her family, and mine were assembled at this gathering that was ostensibly to let people know we were divorced & to divide our stuff up. As the get-together progressed, it became nightmarishly clear that most of the folks thought it was celebratory, that we were getting back together, and they were giving us gifts - like wedding gifts. My ex came up to me, like "Well, we're getting all this nice stuff, and I hate to break it to them. Should we try again?" And I replied, "What?! No no no no, we have to give all this stuff back. This is crazy."

• Author
worldgonewrong
At first before the ring day she started by saying she just wanted some space.

That line from her chaps my ass.

"I want some space...so I'm going to go into the arms of another man."

That's NOT wanting space.

• Like 1
  • Author
worldgonewrong

hahhaha! yeah...

It makes me wonder why I'm having this recent spate of nightmares though, y'know. Maybe it's some sort of Post-Traumatic Stress thing reverberating through my subconscious.

I started my own post here http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/389247-13-years-gone-1-month#post4834819

She just texted saying she got off work early and would like to pick up our daughter from the bus stop to take her to the park (which we planned yesterday other than the early pick up) I texted back "That's fine."

My heart is breaking/racing!

Last night was Thursday and we always watched our favorite shows together and had snacks before she went to bed. Was a really hard night not to try to text her about the shows.

LC is HARD!

• Like 1

WGW

You have been an inspiration. You got me through some hard times so far. I'm so sorry you went through your turmoils, as I'm feeling a lot of your troubles myself. However you have pulled through and that's a comfort for those who are enabled by your tribulations. You are a hero to me for being a strong man and I really hope to learn from you.

Thanks,

Dan

• Like 4
  • Author
worldgonewrong

WreckedDan - bless you, man. I'm no hero; just a fellow traveler, 's all.

You're going to pull through this; you're going to emerge on the other side a changed & better man.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
worldgonewrong

Just to show you what a class act my ex is --

I texted her "Happy Mother's Day!" yesterday, y'know, out of a twinge of obligation, and she didn't have the courtesy to text back a simple "Thanks".

~shrug~

Just had to laugh. A bitter lil' lady to the core.