The truth came out! I can't resist breaking NC!

She's SORRY you saw the PICTURES....christ...what a piece of work. Good, you have closure, let this confused B***H continue to be confused. Time to move on!

Dude, don't say anything else. Just go NC and remove yourself from her life 100%, except work business. And even then, don't show any emotion.

I know how you feel though, bro. You always want to say one last thing and try to make them understand how much pain you're going through and how angry you are at them... But it's gets you nowhere.

• Author

I know. Her response seems like an auto-response that she just copied/pasted and edited slightly for this particular situation. Like she has this "final letter" as a template for quick use for all the times this happens...and I think she's definitely trying to imply this "just happened" AFTER we broke up. I know better.

What she did must really feel like it sucks to you. However I can only sympathize so much.

That guy that she dumped you for... you say he's a friend from way back in highschool? Well I am in a similar position to his with a woman. I wont bore you with my story...

Just some perspective. It's more likely that your ex and that man were never "just friends". They were likely ex's from way back. They were already really familliar and that's why they talked. She may not have cheated with you...but on some level emotionally she still had feelings for him. She should have been honest with you, and with herself.

:oI thankyou for this. As I am in that "harmless friends" position. It reminds me of the humanity of the man I must win her away from, and that such is possible. That what I want to have happen, really can and does happen. :o

I am so sorry that the way it had to go was like that. You deserve better you really do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
suddendumpee

Well....today IT happened. 1/6/2011, I got the e-mail. Not the knee-jerk one that was a response to my confronting her on her lies. THIS one was the one that proves that NC is driving her nuts! I never did respond to her FB message. This message was (interestingly) sent to my e-mail instead. It's like it was driving her nuts wondering if maybe I didn't get her last message, so she sent this one through another route. It's obvious that she's seething in guilt. I'm liking this. I feel like I'm in the driver's seat here. Not sure how I'm going to handle this. There were no questions. No mentions of meeting or reconciliation, so I really don't think it deserves a response. I believe the purpose of this message is for selfish reasons. She is trying to release her guilt, and I see that. I may make a new thread and post the message to get some fresh input.

This is almost verbatim as to my situation. Although I was in a gay relationship and well he left me for a girl and he's adamant that he straight.

I just wish I would've acted more mature when I busted him on his lie. He literally dumped me on Monday and was posting pics of him and his gf that some night and professing their 'love' for each other. I flipped out and sent them both a pretty nasty messages. Wish I could go back in time and just have walked away. But I was so furious and enraged.

I say just walk away from that email. Ive made it a point to keep strong with the NC rule with my ex. I don't want anyone in my life that can act so cruel and be so callous with someones heart. I don't care if your gay or straight, don't ever play with someones heart.

Just walk away from her and take it as a lesson. Sounds to me like she has some inner demons that she needs to deal with, let her exorcise them out on her own. You don't owe her a thing. Enjoy the fact that shes contacting you and just walk away.

whatever she said....DONT SAY ANYTHING ELSE!!

Youve already said all that needs to be said, so has she...like you said...you feel you're in the drivers seat....anything you do or say may turn that around and you will feel like utter crap if you do. Just forget, let her drown in her own guilt pool whilst you move forward and find better things in your life :)

whatever she said....DONT SAY ANYTHING ELSE!!

Youve already said all that needs to be said, so has she...like you said...you feel you're in the drivers seat....anything you do or say may turn that around and you will feel like utter crap if you do. Just forget, let her drown in her own guilt pool whilst you move forward and find better things in your life :)

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! However, I've been on this since page 1 and I'm curious as to what she had to say. Sometimes, they say the funniest things!...hee....hee......

• Author
suddendumpee

I just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that I truly feel that breaking NC to bust her out in her lies was the RIGHT decision. I know there were people on both sides of the fence on this, but as you can see from my recent thread on the subject, she is currently seething in her guilt. Trying to reach out to smooth things over. Now at least she know that I saw her true colors, and she can feel bad about it, and most likely regret treating me this way way the honeymoon period ends with the new man. I have not responded to her 2 emails apologizing and explaining the situation. I know this has been on her mind eating her up in side. To that I say GOOD. I'm the one who can sleep at night now.

Whatshername

While it FEELS like you cannot resist, that is EXACTLY what you must do. Why? Because YOU have integrity! If you even let her know it bothers you, you are opening wounds that have the first layer of a scab.

She hurt you, and right now, the details and reasons are really not important, because she was obviously not the right person for you. You deserve to be treated respectfully and I want you to RESIST, and not give her the

satisfaction of knowing you care! She knew that you would see it and if she had any dignity, she would have refrained from making it any harder than it was for you.

You are hurting, and while I am feeling your pain, I also know that you are better than breaking NC to talk to her!

DO something that will make you truly feel better instead.......go skiing, or buy that new CD, or take your grandma to lunch. She is not worth the energy and it will take you back several steps in your healing process.

Resist!!!!!!!!