Lent friend money

Scottie

LucreziaBorgia
I fail to see how I've been fooled again. Who says her emotion isn't genuine.

Why does it matter if her emotions are genuine if she isn't paying you back?

Whenever I asked a friend for money and it was a guy I never got asked for it back, they usually just let me have it. Whenever they did ask me for it back I'd give them it though, so if you've asked and she didn't give you it then she's not a friend she's a lier. Sorry to tell ya but that's what I think don't be a fool that she takes for even more.

I fail to see how I've been fooled again. Who says her emotion isn't genuine.

Time will tell I guess. All I know is, you should go back and re-read your thread again and see what you may be missing about this woman. The way she's treated you, disrespected you is NOT what friends do to eachother. She just knows how to manipulate you and tell you what you want to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've let the debt go now. I feel like I've had the world lifted from my shoulders. Didn't want too but realised I had too, I really really good.

whichwayisup
I've let the debt go now. I feel like I've had the world lifted from my shoulders. Didn't want too but realised I had too, I really really good.

I hope you let the friendship go too and don't be in any contact with her ever again. She is NO friend of yours!

Anyway, glad you decided to move on and let this go.

whichwayisup
She's changed her personal number now so I guess thats it. She's gone and so is the cash.

I take it you tried to call her and that's how you found out this out? Seems like you still had a faint hope that she would repay you the money..And now you know for sure that isn't ever going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I got £40 off her today, I saw her leaving her work so I pulled up next to her in my car, she had a shock! but she gave me £40.

Maybe I should I have tired that before.

desertIslandCactus
Well I got £40 off her today, I saw her leaving her work so I pulled up next to her in my car, she had a shock! but she gave me £40.

Scottie, that's funny .. good going.

whichwayisup

Interesting.. Just hope that her giving you some of the money she owes you doesn't make you think that you two will fall back to friendship. Keep in mind the lies and how she's treated you. Anyway, let's hope she continues to pay you what she borrowed.

Well I got £40 off her today, I saw her leaving her work so I pulled up next to her in my car, she had a shock! but she gave me £40..

You just happened to be there. You're stalking the hooker that scammed you.

• Author

No I was litteraly just driving past, I have a mate who lives near by and thats where I'd been.

I didn't know she would be there, she has a different car to when I last saw her and its not the same colour as what she told me. I saw her and took a chance to see what she would say. She didn't have time to think of an excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I know this has been running for sometime now, (got to be a record!)

But I thought I would update you with another positive note.

I got another £60 from her today. Thats £100 in two weeks. Looking good I think. I am glad I stuck with this and hung on to my hope because it seems to have paid off.

desertIslandCactus
I know this has been running for sometime now, (got to be a record!)

But I thought I would update you with another positive note.

I got another £60 from her today. Thats £100 in two weeks. Looking good I think. I am glad I stuck with this and hung on to my hope because it seems to have paid off.

An xGF of my son's finally paid him the amount owed. I think she just wanted to be part of his life again.

Whatever .. any way you can get the debt paid .. :)

OP, happy to read that you're being repaid. A friendly reminder: No more generosity down this hole, OK?

• Author
OP, happy to read that you're being repaid. A friendly reminder: No more generosity down this hole, OK?

Yes chief.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Another £30 last week. That's £130. I am a bit suspicious though, she's been very nice to me, we've been talking on the phone almost everyday for the last few weeks, she's told me a lot about her life again, this seems odd to me, I am trying so hard not to get sucked into life again, I got way to close last time. She even hugged me and kissed me on the cheek in a public carpark, whats that about?

whichwayisup

She's buttering you up, being nice and slowly paying you back, so sometime in the near future she can hit you up again for money. SHe's being nicey nice so you won't say no.

Interesting how she's talking about HER life and what's going on. Is she at all interested in YOUR life and what's going on with you? Seems pretty one sided if you ask me.

Don't forget the way she's treated you in the past. Shield your heart and don't be fooled by her.

Also, refresh my memory...Does she use drugs or is she mentally ill, like bi-polar? I've seen similar apparently inexplicable behaviors during the manic phase. The disconnect is the obvious affection versus the self-involved perspective. Misappropriated sexual power. Textbook, IME, at least with the bi-polar females I know personally.

Keep collecting and ignore actions/words which don't effect payment in full.

desertIslandCactus
Another £30 last week. That's £130. I am a bit suspicious though, she's been very nice to me, we've been talking on the phone almost everyday for the last few weeks, she's told me a lot about her life again, this seems odd to me, I am trying so hard not to get sucked into life again, I got way to close last time. She even hugged me and kissed me on the cheek in a public carpark, whats that about?

My son's GF paid him what she owed him .. and even two others he insisted she repay - because she wants to get back into his life again.

I'd tell you what I told him: Be decent to her - but Don't get sucked in again. Some people just drain you. This one's a user. Lived in his home, and also brought her mother and daughter in to live from time to time.

Know that some women are just looking for someone to live off of, and are incapable of living a single life on their own.

• Author

No she isn't a drug user anymore, although she was several years ago. To be fair she is talking about my life as well as her's.

We have talked about things from "our friendship" that happened years ago.

She also mentioned the time when I was quite unwell and she said that at that time she thought I was going to kill myself. She had never told me that before. She has also told me stuff that happened to her many years ago, stuf she has never told me before.

I have recently moved out of my parents and got my own flat, she said she was pleased for me and asked me all about it, I joked about her coming around to cook for me and she said she would. Even when I said it was a joke she still said she would.

How can I stop myself from getting close to her while she is still paying me money? I dont want to be rude and I try not to fall into conversation with her but she is such a chatterbox.

whichwayisup

You really don't know for sure if she still uses or not. She may tell you she doesn't but that may or may not be the truth.

Stop flirting with her. Get your money that she owes you and then back off. She is not trustworthy! Remember how she's treated you in the recent past? Friends, real friends, don't treat their friends like crap.

Don't go looking for her to be a buddy or a friend. If you pursue this, I'm betting that she'll ask you for money again, on loan.